Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

a neat cape posted:

Driving from Palm Springs to El Centro as a kid and just seeing the endless grape fields and lettuce and carrot fields were wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnHYBy0oVks&t=70s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I just want to post this because it's amazingly dishonest, I just love how the lie itself is betrayed by how twitter crops the images to show you the scales.

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1491824980648247296

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Leperflesh posted:

We produce two thirds of the country's fruit and nuts.

I’m glad somebody’s saying it

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Kalli posted:

I just want to post this because it's amazingly dishonest, I just love how the lie itself is betrayed by how twitter crops the images to show you the scales.

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1491824980648247296

In the words of one of my Chem E professors, "Figures don't lie, but liars figure"

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

San Diego is beautiful but for the next 25-35 years or however long we’ve got until South Florida sinks into the ocean I certainly don’t hate it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/1491877323125112856

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like having a lawn but it's a pain in the rear end maintenance wise. Takes me like an hour and a half to do the whipper snipping and mowing properly and I'm always having to do some weeding. There's also only about 6 weeks of the year where it looks nice and green and lush and the rest of the time the leaf kind of dies and it just looks brown and patchy. But for those few weeks.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I assume someone's going to comment on "whipper snipping" but by modern standards calling it "edging" is pretty funny too

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've been calling them whipper snippers since my aussie friend told me that's what they're called there. It's such a superior term to "string trimmer".

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

This is what I did this morning

I got to pet the doggies :3:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

That looks loving amazing.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It was, one of the coolest experiences I’ve ever had

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Joey Freshwater posted:

That’s incredible. Goddamn nature rules

T-Square
May 14, 2009

No fair!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Leperflesh posted:

I've been calling them whipper snippers since my aussie friend told me that's what they're called there. It's such a superior term to "string trimmer".

This is the new “Cheers” or “Prost” Guy.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

This is a wonderful photo in it's own right. Then there's this kind of magic in action where the beauty on display in this picture somehow conveys that the photo could never do real justice to the beauty on display in this setting. Great stuff.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

My Arizona lawn looks great

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

My lawn looks like crap no matter what I do so I pretty much just let it do its thing and mow it every two weeks and maybe trim it once a month.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

BigPaddy posted:

My Arizona lawn looks great

Was gonna ask what happens when it gets poo poo on, but I guess the stool just dries up and blows away within hours.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Joey Freshwater posted:

So many puppy borts!

This is what I did today which is not nearly as cool but at least our Sunday best is sorted.

SB's shirt

Mine

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A "smidge gay" if you will. Vaguely NWS for Steve-O and Pontius's bare butts. And then a simulated standing up 69. I guess that's also NWS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaEAfeK4UwM&t=74s

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Where was my invite? That looks awesome.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

Where was my invite? That looks awesome.

I got you next time

The Puppy Bowl posted:

This is a wonderful photo in it's own right. Then there's this kind of magic in action where the beauty on display in this picture somehow conveys that the photo could never do real justice to the beauty on display in this setting. Great stuff.

Thanks - and you’re right, there’s not a single picture I have that really captured what we were looking at. This place is so crazy beautiful

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
That looks like it was so much fun.

Put together a quarterly team service & quality review for product & engineers leaders today. Thankfully went really well so I'll be able to sleep tonight.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

This is incredible. I’m heading to Colorado in early October for the first time in almost a decade and I am vibrating with excitement. Big Mountains really speak to me and I really miss the Rockies.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

goddammit joey

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Game night tonight at the normal time, 7:30 CST

https://discord.gg/AAtG2DgT

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

what happened to the good old term 'weed whacker,' that's what I always heard and used growing up.

we had pretty much perfect indoor weather yesterday - blowing snow, all day, but not really sticking at all. nice to look at (in between staring at my work computer and cursing at PPT) but not causing any real issues with road closures.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

General Dog posted:

Was gonna ask what happens when it gets poo poo on, but I guess the stool just dries up and blows away within hours.

It is how I measure the passing of time.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
So apparently the laid off Peloton employees got a free 12 month membership to Peloton as part of their severence

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

a neat cape posted:

Give us your freaking water, bay area

Unironically, the perception of the lack of shared sacrifice when it comes to saving water makes me super bitter and want to cut all water off from everyone 1 foot south of me. In the larger drought ~6 years ago I cut back all water and had a mature Apricot tree die due to it, while I drive through OC and see pristine green lawns in an area that is hotter and dryer than where I am. Why should I sacrifice my small lot when almond growers are wasting it for a relatively useless crop, alfalfa growers are shipping our water in the form of alfalfa to anywhere else, or when giant lots in Hillsborough/Atherton/Blackhawk are making no sacrifice and use more water in a week than my house would use in a year.

At least it was a nice 80 degrees today :thumbsup:.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Feb 11, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Snowboarding half pipe about to have a serious judging scandal. Dude got completely robbed.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Snowboarding half pipe about to have a serious judging scandal. Dude got completely robbed.

Seemed like US judge was trying to handicap that second run to keep White in contention but I’m glad they got it right at the end.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

A "smidge gay" if you will. Vaguely NWS for Steve-O and Pontius's bare butts. And then a simulated standing up 69. I guess that's also NWS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaEAfeK4UwM&t=74s

I knew it would fall over but I didn't expect it to immediately fall over

lol Pontius bailed immediately

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

harperdc posted:

what happened to the good old term 'weed whacker,' that's what I always heard and used growing up.

we had pretty much perfect indoor weather yesterday - blowing snow, all day, but not really sticking at all. nice to look at (in between staring at my work computer and cursing at PPT) but not causing any real issues with road closures.

Yeah, I've always known it as a "weed whacker" so hearing it by another name is as weird as the time I realized calling potato wedges "jojos" is not in fact a southern term but rather an exclusively PNW thing.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Jackass 4 streaming on anything or is covid over and it’s back to theatre only poo poo?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

Seemed like US judge was trying to handicap that second run to keep White in contention but I’m glad they got it right at the end.

Yea it seemed fishy. Glad he had an even better run on the last go to avoid a disaster for the judges.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/ClaireMPLS/status/1491867716898078723?t=XvJCgzZzCP8KYcPw9nM88A&s=19

Social media is good, sometimes

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I think I need to get another cat tree. Our current one doesn't have enough high up beds for the cats aka it only has one high bed and the cats like to tussle for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Manoueverable posted:

Yeah, I've always known it as a "weed whacker" so hearing it by another name is as weird as the time I realized calling potato wedges "jojos" is not in fact a southern term but rather an exclusively PNW thing.

Wait what? Jojos is a PNW thing only? Nobody else?? Just us???