Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

neurotech posted:

I would like to make a character just for running my Blighted maps. Does anyone have any recommendations for builds? I have 4.5 EX and 220~ chaos to spend.

Righteous Fire has been the best experience I've had so far with Blight. You just kinda become a flame turret.

Ed/Cont is also supposedly good at blight, but lmao I could never figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

KirbyKhan posted:

Righteous Fire has been the best experience I've had so far with Blight. You just kinda become a flame turret.

Ed/Cont is also supposedly good at blight, but lmao I could never figure it out.

rf may be the worst blight build out there, you can't damage bosses fast enough to kill them before they swarm the pump.

Hamelekim posted:

Check out the minion builds from Thegam3report1 on YouTube. He makes all his money from blight each league and makes builds that can basically afk regular blight maps.

This is exactly it. Carrion golem builds let you afk most blight maps once you get like two towers set up.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Not sure if y'all saw this, phone posting so I can't try it out. But this is suppose to parse out what archnem stuff you have and recipes you can make from a screenshot.

https://tmikoss.github.io/archnemesis-detector

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Anyone done CF Duelist this league? I need to re-roll; hard to do damage as a CP Totem Chieftain when your totems get nuked before they can get a slam in. I know how to play it (might do the Champion version this time around), just concerned about single target, especially as this is a bossing league.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Rakeris posted:

Not sure if y'all saw this, phone posting so I can't try it out. But this is suppose to parse out what archnem stuff you have and recipes you can make from a screenshot.

https://tmikoss.github.io/archnemesis-detector

Awesome idea, but it was so wrong on mine I don't know where to start. I thinks I've got Treant, Innocence touched, and no Brine King, and the reality is the exact opposite.

(top tip: Shift+Windows key+S for quick-snip to clipboard then paste it in).

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why are your totems dying ??

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

euphronius posted:

Why are your totems dying ??

They reach 0 HP, obviously. :v:

Real answer: Low totem placement speed and no investment in their defenses means it's easy for them to get nuked before they can bop anyone. There are passives to fix that...at the expense of their offense, which isn't all that great (granted, still on a 5L, but a 6L isn't going to magically double my damage).

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Can anyone post a poe trade link to a medium minion cluster Ilvl69+ please. Yellow/blue/white is fin as I'll roll it myself. I need to learn how to cluster search but always get side tracked.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Archnemesis/BJdwjM4S8

Pretty sure you meant ilvl 68. # of passive criteria is the full range since I don't know if you want the min or max number of passives.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

whypick1 posted:

Anyone done CF Duelist this league? I need to re-roll; hard to do damage as a CP Totem Chieftain when your totems get nuked before they can get a slam in. I know how to play it (might do the Champion version this time around), just concerned about single target, especially as this is a bossing league.

I, also, am looking at a CF duelist reroll but worried about the single target. Please, won't someone post some pointers for the two of us?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Tai posted:

Can anyone post a poe trade link to a medium minion cluster Ilvl69+ please. Yellow/blue/white is fin as I'll roll it myself. I need to learn how to cluster search but always get side tracked.

then just fill in the ilvl (you can change max to 5 passives to avoid the extra point)

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
I got a Scourge arrow PF going in t16s, but i find the ballista part better feels better, should i just reroll EA now?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Magus42 posted:

then just fill in the ilvl (you can change max to 5 passives to avoid the extra point)

That works too. Thanks

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Anyone playing an ignite build and can report back? I've been seeing some scuttlebutt (mostly on r/pathofexilebuilds) that Arc Ignite is disgusting? Just curious how it rates on clear/single target/tank. I'm playing Absolution and I'm pretty much done, it's a great build but now I wanna do some zoom zoom

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Jinnigan posted:

Anyone playing an ignite build and can report back? I've been seeing some scuttlebutt (mostly on r/pathofexilebuilds) that Arc Ignite is disgusting? Just curious how it rates on clear/single target/tank. I'm playing Absolution and I'm pretty much done, it's a great build but now I wanna do some zoom zoom
ignite has been extremely good for the past few leagues now and there's a couple of different ways you can do it. explosive arrow ignite totems is the popular one this league and for good reason, but arc ignite is a decent choice as well though with less top end damage and far faster clear.

you're locked into playing Witch if you go that route. all three ascendancies have their own brand of ignite with elementalist being the most flexible and strongest.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Any LA dedeye enjoyers itt?
I to give in to the elusive and mythic "bow league" and try a proper bow skill for first time.
Actually looking for like, pure clear build. My abso scion is good at bossing as it is.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Literally just anything lightning arrow is a pure clear build and once you have hat enchant you become clear god. Also get at least one inspired learning.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Tai posted:

That works too. Thanks

Also handy to remember is the ~ modifier when picking affixes; you can do something like "~ench add pass" to match the above mods without typing as much.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Deadeye anything is pretty amazing with clear. Especially now with Mark On Hit and Deadeye has that mark proliferation thing now. I don't actually play Deadeye much, but it's crazy how basically every node is strong and good lol.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Jinnigan posted:

I, also, am looking at a CF duelist reroll but worried about the single target. Please, won't someone post some pointers for the two of us?

CF duelist is solid tanky map clear, with merely ok bossing. Keeping mine as a low level speed mapper, but you can do lots to up the damage. I used my initial cash to fund my first rf build in years, and kept the physdot guy geared in case poo poo sucks.

Gladiator is better clear, champ is tankier. Use RueToo's levelling guide. The mature build uses poet's w exsang, reap and shield, but you can stay slinger or go over to spellbow cf with tornado shot. One way to get boss dps up there is by pseudo 2x 5l by adding selfcast reap into your cf links - this also has the benefit of reducing cf life cost. Otherwise you may need the betrayal focus zero skillcost craft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-hMYe6YA2Q

edit: there is a link to the google doc and pob in Ziz's video so you don't have to dig through poo poo, because listening to Rue talk is psychic violence

Grimoire fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 10, 2022

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I got a elemental hit deadeye to yellow maps with 1 c invested (and a tabula)

Scaling the single target was going to be a lot so rerolled

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
derp

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Does Annihilating Light scale ignite damage?

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Erulisse posted:

I to give in to the elusive and mythic "bow league" and try a proper bow skill for first time.
Actually looking for like, pure clear build. My abso scion is good at bossing as it is.

Leaguestarted it, mostly based off Havoc's version. It's been slow going in terms of progression mechanics, since the single target damage just isn't there even on a decent bow (T1 Lightning / T1 Aspd / +1 Arrow). Absolutely annihilates maps and folds like a cheap chair even with the determ/grace/defiance package. Given what you're looking for, you'll probably have a good time - it's zoomy and evaporates normal monsters.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

euphronius posted:

I got a elemental hit deadeye to yellow maps with 1 c invested (and a tabula)

Scaling the single target was going to be a lot so rerolled
this is usually the trouble i run into when i try to roll a deadeye is that the focus is almost entirely clear focused unless you're doing something like spectral helix, which can solve all of your damage problems thanks to nightblade being extremely strong.

Jinnigan posted:

Does Annihilating Light scale ignite damage?
no

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

FZeroRacer posted:

this is usually the trouble i run into when i try to roll a deadeye is that the focus is almost entirely clear focused unless you're doing something like spectral helix, which can solve all of your damage problems thanks to nightblade being extremely strong.

no

I’m probably going to pick it back up (deadeye) in a few weeks after I build out the atlas and get some money for a bow

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Killed story mode eater of worlds last night blind with only 2 deaths, both to not getting the balls right. Fun fight, interesting, poo poo boots.

Bricked Searing Exarch with 10% health left, should've grabbed a culling strike. The fight seems cool, good, but that ball phase is some bullshit. I had wither totems but my cast speed is so low that it wasn't an effective strategy for blowing up balls. I'd hate to have to itemize for cast speed so I can do that fight. But I could also just not do that fight, right?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Killed story mode eater of worlds last night blind with only 2 deaths, both to not getting the balls right. Fun fight, interesting, poo poo boots.

Bricked Searing Exarch with 10% health left, should've grabbed a culling strike. The fight seems cool, good, but that ball phase is some bullshit. I had wither totems but my cast speed is so low that it wasn't an effective strategy for blowing up balls. I'd hate to have to itemize for cast speed so I can do that fight. But I could also just not do that fight, right?

Skellies. Body blocking does wonders with thousand suns afaik

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Totems work too.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

whypick1 posted:

They reach 0 HP, obviously. :v:

Real answer: Low totem placement speed and no investment in their defenses means it's easy for them to get nuked before they can bop anyone. There are passives to fix that...at the expense of their offense, which isn't all that great (granted, still on a 5L, but a 6L isn't going to magically double my damage).

Placement speed doesn't speed up the initial totem spawn animation, so they don't get their first attack off earlier. It only affects how quickly you can spam them.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Erulisse posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/sp8ff8/ele_deadeye_spectral_helix_build_overview_and/
Actually this is spectral helix omniscience (claims 12m DPS) but I bet you could shuffle some stuff around and come up with a pretty good bow build

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Erulisse posted:

Skellies. Body blocking does wonders with thousand suns afaik

Fister Roboto posted:

Totems work too.

I have totems but my cast speed is like 1s.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

McFrugal posted:

Placement speed doesn't speed up the initial totem spawn animation, so they don't get their first attack off earlier. It only affects how quickly you can spam them.

Oh, it's the cooldown of the skill, so attack speed would speed up how quickly they can get to slamming.

...can someone spot me about 20ex so I can get the jewels to give me Undeniable? :v:

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Jinnigan posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/sp8ff8/ele_deadeye_spectral_helix_build_overview_and/
Actually this is spectral helix omniscience (claims 12m DPS) but I bet you could shuffle some stuff around and come up with a pretty good bow build
it would be pretty hard to do so because these builds take advantage of nightblade for massively juicing crits, plus a lot of the dps comes strictly from how spectral helix performs

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i am playing omniscience spectral helix though and yeah this is janky but it's also ripping through poo poo on maybe 3 ex of gear, total.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

hrmmm seems bugged

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Was that a Kirac mission? Those don't use your Atlas, hence they don't use your Atlas tree.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

ah that would explain it, kinda weird since Kirac missions count towards Atlas exploration but oh well

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Anyone else running into a thing where sometimes the descriptions of map mods, while in the map, are all smashed together horizontally? It's only kind of funny for the map mods themselves, but it also does the same thing to the choices you make for Syndicate capture/execute/etc., which is...less funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Anyone else running into a thing where sometimes the descriptions of map mods, while in the map, are all smashed together horizontally? It's only kind of funny for the map mods themselves, but it also does the same thing to the choices you make for Syndicate capture/execute/etc., which is...less funny.

That was going on last league too. Text was krangled.