Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

And there was literally no reason for it. He could have easily just said he was expecting blowback for hitting the train and was going to leave the tribe for a bit because he knew the city folk ways and would take over the cities to ensure the protection of the tribes.

Then at the end, when he turns to Fennec and says he's not cut out for that sort of life anymore, he could put her in charge and rejoin the tribe. It would have been a much more cohesive set of motivations.

I would have liked a lot of various outcomes for the tuskens other than what happened. Them joining the fight against the pykes, them loving off to a new area/out of the land they'd been in, him leaving them for their own good and using the sadness he felt over missing them to assemble a new found family. There were so many options that didnt involve using and discarding them for one character's personal growth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Bismuth posted:

I would have liked a lot of various outcomes for the tuskens other than what happened. Them joining the fight against the pykes, them loving off to a new area/out of the land they'd been in, him leaving them for their own good and using the sadness he felt over missing them to assemble a new found family. There were so many options that didnt involve using and discarding them for one character's personal growth.

If we are sure (?) that there will be another season, it's natural to expect they'll return as part of the story.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'm disappointed Boba spent so much time with the Tuskens but remains tuskless himself

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
if seth bullocks in the bacta tank, how is bryan kranston going to get better?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
If peli can gently caress a jawa boba can gently caress a tusken

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"Spice" has been Star Wars slang for hard drugs for loving decades. What's this CinemaSins bullshit where we're all of a sudden pretending we have no idea what it is and it's a plot hole that the show didn't explain it?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Everyone posted:

But the Clone Wars movie is how we got the Clone Wars series, much of which did not suck (assuming you carefully follow the online curated guides).

Nah, the movie exists because of the series. The movie was just the first three or so episodes, then Lucas saw them and said "this is amazing, we're going to put it in theatres instead of on TV" and then they had to rework the episodes into a movie.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

chitoryu12 posted:

"Spice" has been Star Wars slang for hard drugs for loving decades. What's this CinemaSins bullshit where we're all of a sudden pretending we have no idea what it is and it's a plot hole that the show didn't explain it?

The Jedi were constantly talking about how it could be "made into important medicine"

They were real good at marketing

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
I think the show might have been a little better if Boba had just privately owned to Fennic that "I really don't know what the gently caress I'm doing with this crime lord poo poo" instead if the show trying to pretend that Boba was a crime lord prodigy who totally had all this down.

I mean, imagine a much shittier version of The Mandalorian where Din Djarin decides, "You know what? I'm sick of bounty hunting and paying my beskar into the company pot. I'm going to go be an Armorer myself!" And granted that Din probably knows more about Beskar forging than most people just from seeing somebody do it, he probably doesn't know enough to actually do it with any degree of real skill.

That's kind of what Boba did. He's see crime lords do crime lording, but he's been a most on his own bounty hunter so he doesn't really have the administrative/organizational skills to run a real criminal business.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I don't know who Amy Sedaris is but judging her solely on this and Mando she's just the worst.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Everyone posted:

But the Clone Wars movie is how we got the Clone Wars series

No it’s not. The Clone Wars TV show was already being made. George Lucas came in the check on their progress, and said something like, “We should do a theatrical release for this,” so they had to scramble to smash the 3-4 most complete episodes they had together into a movie. And bam, we had the Clone Wars movie.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 11, 2022

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

stev posted:

I don't know who Amy Sedaris is but judging her solely on this and Mando she's just the worst.

The "Don't worry your daddy's crafty" / "spoke too soon" bit near the end loving sucked.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The "Don't worry your daddy's crafty" / "spoke too soon" bit near the end loving sucked.

And that bit where she freaked out about Space Cops when the X-Wing landed and it turned out she dated/hosed a Jawa? Just awful.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

She's just the worst :allears:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Everyone posted:

And that bit where she freaked out about Space Cops when the X-Wing landed and it turned out she dated/hosed a Jawa? Just awful.

Those were okay but the bit with the rancor was humour in a moment that really didn't need humour.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

stev posted:

Amazing. Every word of that sentence was wrong.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
and she's going to get some tail.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I am convinced the Rancor left Peli and tailhead alone because they screamed back and established dominance :allears:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

stev posted:

Haha, drat. And I thought my opinions about this show were bad.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
What was with her losing a tooth though?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Would a cross dressing Jawa be a sand trap?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Lady has an alien fetish for sure, cant blame her though i played mass effect too :o:

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

shes a space hillbilly

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

The woman was thrown through the air from a vehicle going at least 60mph and landed face-first in the sand. I'm surprised a tooth was all that she lost.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It’s not an Amy Sedaris joint until something gross happens :allears:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It’s not an Amy Sedaris joint until something gross happens :allears:

She probably demanded to gently caress the Jawa

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

mdemone posted:

She probably demanded to gently caress the Jawa

Reminded me of this classic bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHQtjWvQRA0

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

shades of eternity posted:

and she's going to get some tail.

They are called Lekku!

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Bismuth posted:

If peli can gently caress a jawa boba can gently caress a tusken

Oh God, final scene before the credits:

Boba is resting in the bacta chamber, suddenly the lid is opened and someone is holding a gaffi stick to his throat.
Boba opens his eyes. Camera pans along the stick to see it's being held by the Tusken warrior lady, now sporting a prominent round belly.
"Hreeergh Ernk Ernk Hrooonk!" (subtitles: "Boba... we need to talk.")
Smash cut to credits HEY boba boba bob boba boba bob boba boba bob

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Side note: this is one of the greatest comedy specials in history

Robin Williams gets so ducking sweaty too. Just amazing.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

nine-gear crow posted:

The woman was thrown through the air from a vehicle going at least 60mph and landed face-first in the sand. I'm surprised a tooth was all that she lost.

Guess this is why those Children of the Watch preach proper road safety by always wearing a fully encolsed helmet.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

This is the way.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I just want a Cobb Vanth spinoff that's literally a shot for shot remake of Justified but set on Tatooine.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
My housemates have started watching the show now that all the episodes are out. The first four episodes definitely feel separate from the last three where it gives up any pretense of being about Boba Fett anymore and goes into Mando territory. It's not just switching gears, it's switching mode of transportation entirely and they feel like two wildly different moods crossing over. The first four episodes are a slow burn serial buildup of the plot and then the last three are Mando style semi-standalones where you stop to point at the references.

Episodes 2 and 4 are the best stuff for Fett, 1 is alright, 3 is mostly boring outside of the Krrsantan fight and Fett playing with his rancor puppy.

I just wish that Mando hadn't taken over the show.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Feb 11, 2022

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I wish they had an actual story they wanted to tell.

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/rob_keyes/status/1491419912346411010?s=20&t=ehRSt10iJcjphci8mvFl6g

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Feb 11, 2022

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
That part where the two mods are trying to "help" the eight foot tall Wookie walk by getting under his arms and "carrying" him was hilarious.

The poor guy in the suit really tried to sell the moment, but the mods barely came up to his tits.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Twitter is so mad about this one dude’s little spin and it isn’t even among the top 50 issues this loving show had.

This fandom is so loving stupid and reactionary now.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
Didn't Han Solo smuggle spice? No wonder Bob went after him so hard.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

https://twitter.com/QueenStodge/status/1491740678837129217?t=tsXBZNF83rPNAiZ7kJvV1w&s=19

Should have also done a jump along with the dank 360 no scope

Gnome de plume fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Feb 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Motion smoothing in that gif offends me