Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The host must provide slippers, or suffer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

steinrokkan posted:

okay this too I will admit is critical. Take your shoes off, shitpigs, but also provide guest slippers, dumbass hosts.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm not providing poo poo, wear your socks

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
what the hell is wrong with you idiots, do you not own socks?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i had to get an entire floor of carpet replaced this last year and if you wear shoes on it they will never find your body

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

please stop coming to my house

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/proyearner/status/1491794879126458370

Book Bar guy had a think about his tweet, looks like he learned from the reaction, that's nice.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

hawowanlawow posted:

socks are an acceptable compromise but you can get cheapo slippers to just leave by your door by the pack. I got a sixpack of them and never had an issue.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I do not wish to wear the communal slippers lest I catch the communal foot diseases.

I shall wear socks.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

You don't want my socks any more than you want my shoes. Trust me.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Ritual cleansing of feet and hands before you enter someone's home. Respectful and prevents the spread of disease.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Our streets get "cleaned" once a year, and sidewalks never. It barely rains outside of June.

Your shoes are filthy because you wear them outside. Take them the gently caress off.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

take your loving shoes off you shitpigs!!!!!

No, I need those shoes for loving.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

A simple solution to the shoes off before entering the house is to go barefoot all the time. Can't be forced to take your shoes off if you're not wearing any.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

steinrokkan posted:

I would much, much, much rather walk around in socks than walk around in ill fitting slippers that have been worn by God knows how many other people. You're worried about the floor being dirty but can't imagine the host might not disinfect the slippers every time someone uses them?

Generally, in America, the only "take off your shoes" people I've been in their house they have either a crawling baby or a dog that will eat everything they come across. I have close friends who I did seriously dangerous things with, and they had a kid together, and once the kid was mobile they were"take off your loving shoes" and then once the kid was old enough to not just eat everything, they didn't care.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Inceltown posted:

A simple solution to the shoes off before entering the house is to go barefoot all the time. Can't be forced to take your shoes off if you're not wearing any.

You mean foot prisons.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mx. posted:

please stop coming to my house

Simple and elegant solution.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1491886513679970305

Welcome to the future.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

If you don't wash your guests' feet with your tears and dry them with your hair then you're a garbage host, sorry

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.

Very "Fifteen Million Merits".

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Skwirl posted:

Generally, in America, the only "take off your shoes" people I've been in their house they have either a crawling baby or a dog that will eat everything they come across.

We ask people to take off their winter boots in the house during the snow/slush/road salt/mud season and have a basket of slipper socks for people who want an additional layer. My city goes hard with the road salt, and we have elderly hardwood floors, so :shrug:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Americans keeping their shoes on in the house and not owning kettles is what helps me remeber that they aren't real people.

Literally every home I've been in, you take your shoes off as you come in, and I've never heard of anyone providing slippers. Why would you need to do that?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

This was my thoughts exactly.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If anything you could set it up to just play loads of ads and point it at a picture of your face.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Watch ads to get a discount to go to a theater and watch 30-45 minutes of ads!

Eridine
Aug 11, 2011

Zero_Grade posted:

"Snoofin' some pamps" pops into my head unbidden about every two weeks, and I assume this will continue for the rest of my life.

You know how a lot of people talk about being able to remember TV commercial jingles from their childhood? Like, not just the wording, but the exact cadence and everything, and are even able to replicate them years later? When I was a child, I saw a live performance of Oliver Twist and for some reason, Fagin's line "You've got to pick a pocket or two, boys, you've got to pick a pocket or two." stuck in my head. The exact cadence and notes and everything. The first time I saw the pamp-snoofing post, my brain did one of the worst things it has ever done to me, and now I, unbidden, will think every two weeks, in the exact cadence I heard it in my childhood, "You've got to snoof a pamper or two, boys, you've got to snoof a pamper or two."

I am sorry for releasing this cognitohazard into the world, but I cannot live alone with it any longer.

Eridine has a new favorite as of 02:53 on Feb 11, 2022

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Goddamnit, evil forums user Eridine.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

OwlFancier posted:

If anything you could set it up to just play loads of ads and point it at a picture of your face.

It only works for white people because whoever programmed the facial recognition is racist.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

kazil posted:

Watch ads to get a discount to go to a theater and watch 30-45 minutes of ads!

it also looks like moviepass has its own branded debit or credit card, so even more data mining to get the tiniest iota of some sort of discount back.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Gonna buy a mannequin head and watch movies for free.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Dr. Stab posted:

Americans keeping their shoes on in the house and not owning kettles is what helps me remeber that they aren't real people.

Literally every home I've been in, you take your shoes off as you come in, and I've never heard of anyone providing slippers. Why would you need to do that?

From what I can gather in this thread, the slippers are to protect your guest's feet from the inch-thick mat of pet hair and crumbs covering your never-washed floor.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

cult_hero posted:

socks are just an arbitrary extra step pushed by the sock industry to sell you socks

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

steinrokkan posted:

But what of the poop knife?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

hawowanlawow posted:

cult_hero posted:

Look, I'll take my shoes off in your house if you insist, but I draw the line at wearing socks without shoes. It's shoes and socks or neither.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
No matter what any of you say, barefoot is legal, and that's that.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lunatic Sledge posted:

socks are just an arbitrary extra step pushed by the sock industry to sell you socks

If I didn't have socks it would cut back on my gaming hours.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Midnight Voyager posted:

I saw someone track down when phylacteries turned into just a legit "This is the Jewish thing, yes." For about two editions, it was "that word is neat," but if you know what one is, it became just the same exact item in 3E.

The specific question is when the lich phylactery became congregate with tefilim, which is 3e yeah (3.5 MM to be precise):

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamprotornis
Jun 28, 2004

My happy place~

Mx. posted:

today's furry drama is a furry convention with an owner with impeccable credentials

https://twitter.com/KikiDoodleTweet/status/1491268497007312896/photo/1

https://twitter.com/TrebleVandoren/status/1491283197447249922

i mean who just wanders into a conversation "yes, the person who stole $40k was me, and furthermore"

https://twitter.com/TrebleVandoren/status/1491293141030535179?s=20&t=7ecI5obEUU9RQ_726URiyQ

"I never said I stole $40,000. That person said I stole $40,000 and I agreed." :smuggo: