Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cool recap video from team Witch Doctor on their fight against End Game...

Also if you really want, they put some of their damaged parts up on Ebay, but it's all over $200 already so :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTExqkg580E

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Feb 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Smeeee has low horizontal spinners on each end, they're pretty crap but they're there.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Smeee is quite a bit of fun to watch in the 3lb leagues at NHRL. Hopefully he'll eventually get it dialed in to be a fun bot to watch in Battlebots as well. Probably not a championship contender, but not all the bots can be Biteforce clones.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

:lol: new episode up. There's a Faruq intro that didn't quite age too well...

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

drat. Lockjaw vs Hypershock was not one of the fights I was expecting to last long but both of them gave the fight of their careers.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rip in parts Blade

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Why did they call it Kraken if it's a snake smh

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh no, Betty White immortality joke

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

That Betty White reference aged well

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
A real tossup here. I guess black dragon might be a slight favorite?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn that ruled

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

That was good fight, but Rotator got more licks in

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:stare:

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
Blade taking diligent notes on how to tombstone, right down to how to structurally fail :v:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Out of the arena is one thing, but I think that's the first time a bit was counted out on the wall

That's a big rear end piece of Blade

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I feel bad for Blade arriving to a meta that figured Tombstone out 2 years ago.

If Lifter had just left Tantrum to get counted out (I mean come on dude, that is your win condition, take it), they'd be sitting really pretty right now with two dominant wins over good teams.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Well this is depressing

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I swear to god, Battlebots producers, if Dragon Slayer wins :argh:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Hell yeah :unsmith:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Pain Train got derailed

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Pain Train did do a lot better than prior fights, really good progress from that team. And it's great to see them get recognition for their smaller weight class achievements.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol @ Kraken trying to get a very premature countdown

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

The upside down formation for Hijinx put the weapon in a better position lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lmao riptide launching itself 20 feet -- on purpose!

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Riptide had a lot of behind-the-scenes videos on YouTube to do self promotion and try to qualify for the show

But nothing like that jump

E: That was the main event I wanted!

Chronojam fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 11, 2022

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I never realized how similar Lockjaw and Hypershock are until this moment

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Never expect the tear jerker moments from Battlebots... But Daniel Freitas definitely brought it with losing his mom and grandma 2 weeks before filming...

Also sad that Blade lost their blade within like 10 seconds of the fight. Aluminum bar isn't good enough for Battlebots :lol:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
holy poo poo what a good episode. nothing was boring and the final match was bloody and disgusting and i couldnt look away

hypershock is too big of a bot with too many massive vulnerable areas but when it works yikes

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Never expect the tear jerker moments from Battlebots... But Daniel Freitas definitely brought it with losing his mom and grandma 2 weeks before filming...

Also sad that Blade lost their blade within like 10 seconds of the fight. Aluminum bar isn't good enough for Battlebots :lol:

Oh man I didn't know that about Frietas. I was happy to see my favorite bot clock a win, but knowing that makes it feel even better. Shine on, you crazy Brazilian.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

logikv9 posted:

hypershock is too big of a bot with too many massive vulnerable areas but when it works yikes

I think someone will flip it, and it will get totally messed up bad.

Still, seems like a much better iteration of the bot than they've ever had

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Deep Six vs. Smeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaBejT_TpWs

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The thumbnail image gives away the entire fight lol

We knew something was going to happen but that wasn't one of our guesses. :v: Full points to team Smeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for trying their best to help Deep Six get back into the fight even if their bot wasn't capable of that at all

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Feb 13, 2022

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

KennyMan666 posted:

Deep Six vs. Smeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaBejT_TpWs

lol

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
What a dumb fight. I love how many bots get ruined by the slots for the killsaws as opposed to the actual killsaws.

So disappointed I didn't get to see SMEEEEEEEE become SMEE and EEEE.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Building your bot so that it balances on skids which are narrower than the killsaw slots is a fatal design error which pretty much guarantees that's going to happen

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
Boring fight to watch, awful way to lose or win a fight, but the fights don't happen in a friction-less void, they happen in the BattleBots arena and you have to plan for that when you build your bot.

Overall I've been very impressed with this season. Some of the bots are just so tough and the driving skill from some of the drivers is amazing.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol best fight ever

Deep Six woulda lost legit anyway. Their weapon couldn't reach Smeeeee and Smeeeee maybe for the first time ever actually did what it tries to do and wrapped around them and chewed up the tires from behind.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

If Deep Six had powered down their weapon, maaaaybe Smee... could have gotten them out with a push from the front, but they couldn’t do that, because getting stuck in the saw slot actually put that giant spinner at an angle where it might hit Smee...! All credit to Smee..., though, that wheel came off just before Deep Six got stuck, so they would have almost certainly gotten a legit win out of this anyway.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I liked the sportsmanship and I hate being cynical, but I'm guessing Smeeeeeeee felt the win coming and wanted a better show for the selection committee. They don't usually have that opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It sounded like Deep Six's driver wanted Smeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to tip them even further forwards so their weapon would hit the floor and flip them back out but that also could have gone horribly wrong. :v: