Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Since there aren't any "lady with big sword" classes :mad:, which lady class has the biggest weapon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mordiceius posted:

Since there aren't any "lady with big sword" classes :mad:, which lady class has the biggest weapon?

The glaives the assassin class has seem pretty large in the previews. Turn into a giant purple demon too which makes the weapons even larger.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Ok, report after taking a Sharpshooter to ~26:

much much much much better than Gunlancer.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Gwaihir posted:

I'm confused, would you rather a lot more of the XP needed to level be tied up in grinding mobs?

Yea I think a little? But maybe it isnt that type of game. I feel compelled to explore but also ignore every enemy

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
The combat is fun enough that I wish more of the leveling was about fighting massive hordes of mobs instead of acting as a message boy for two people standing ten feet apart from each other. But you do get to adventure in many awesome locales and the dungeon setpieces are super cool, I'm assuming there will be enough mob grinding in the endgame to satisfy my bloodlust many times over.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

At least that fuckin' priest stops babysitting you eventually.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Two questions:

If I hit 50 early in steampunk robot land because I loving love side quests should I immediately sail to North Vern to do the important unlock quests or is that impossible for some reason?

Once you unlock the powerpasses, can you use them on another server?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Mordiceius posted:

Scrapper is Vi but with stupid heels on. Just ridiculously huge gauntlets to punch people with.

I'm torn between that and sorc. Sorc is more aesthetically pleasing and when lighting bolt hits, it hits hard, but scrapper isnt made of tissue paper.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
https://forums.playlostark.com/t/update-to-character-name-deletion/63916

quote:

Greetings, heroes! We have an update to share on what happens to character names after a character is deleted.

When a character that is Level 10 or lower is deleted, that character’s name will be available for reuse right away. If a character is Level or 11 or higher, when they are deleted their name will be recycled for reuse after a 60 day period passes.

We hope this makes things a bit easier when it comes to naming your character in Arkesia!

The Gripper
Sep 14, 2004
i am winner

Pigbottom posted:

That's why people in this thread and elsewhere have been trying to warn for a long time, that even though it uses an isometric view, this is not an arpg.

edit: It's even stated there in the op. It should probably be put as a disclaimer in all caps and sirens.
My bad, I came into this thread blind only having heard about the game a few days ago. Makes sense and I don't know why my chimp brain always reads Action RPG as "diablo-like"!

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Terrible game, won't let me ride my horse in the castle.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Zokari posted:

At least that fuckin' priest stops babysitting you eventually.

That priest is a kill stealing bitch taking all the glory.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

In the 'MMO as a table top role playing game' hypothetical I do with all new MMOs, Armen is absolutely the DMPC who needs to go away.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I take a bit of issue with the title because chaos dungeons are 100% an ARPG.

And then guardian raids are isometric monster hunter

and then abyss dungeons are mmo raid mechanics and dps checks

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Man, I thought the end-game stuff would open up when I hit 50 but apparently it's also tied to the main quest? These sidequests have screwed me again.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sindai posted:

Two questions:

If I hit 50 early in steampunk robot land because I loving love side quests should I immediately sail to North Vern to do the important unlock quests or is that impossible for some reason?

Once you unlock the powerpasses, can you use them on another server?

Just finish off robot land. It's probably not that much left and Vern is next anyways.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Does anything interesting happen between level 25-50, in terms of unlocking new mechanics? The last thing I got was trade skills.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/team-update-founders-packs-and-servers

quote:

Players have let us know one of the reasons they are reluctant to switch to lower population servers is because many of them have already redeemed their Founder’s Packs on another server. To help combat this and make exploring new servers a more reasonable choice, we will be granting ALL Founder’s Pack purchasers that redeem their pack by 12 PM PT (8 PM UTC) on Monday, February 14th an extra set of the exclusive items from the Founder’s Pack they redeemed (e.g., the Founder’s Exclusive Pet and Founder’s Title from the Bronze pack; see full list below) as well as some additional Royal Crystals for Silver, Gold, and Platinum Pack purchasers.

These items will not be tradeable, and will be delivered to a player’s Product Inventory so they can be claimed on a new server. Your original Founder’s Pack will not be affected by this, and will remain on the initial server where you redeemed it (or in your Product Inventory, if you have not yet redeemed it). We are currently working to get these item grants ready to go, and will update players when they are ready to claim — these will be claimable on any new server you choose, so in the meantime we encourage you to find a perfect server to call home.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

gandlethorpe posted:

Does anything interesting happen between level 25-50, in terms of unlocking new mechanics? The last thing I got was trade skills.

You get your own private island and a boat you use to sail to the different continents around 30-40, before you get to the actual endgame.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Is there a US based server for f2p goons to start on? I'm blindly going into this game tomorrow it would be cool to level with other goons

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

That's actually pretty awesome of them.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Also, on a related note, does anyone have a link to a gallery of the various founders packs outfits and their options? Not being able to preview them before opening them on a character is laaaaaame.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
If you have Royal Crystals (the orangey ones), there is a very good pack to buy in the store:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Memnaelar posted:

Also, on a related note, does anyone have a link to a gallery of the various founders packs outfits and their options? Not being able to preview them before opening them on a character is laaaaaame.

This should be it.

https://lostarkive.com/model-viewer/

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pragmatica posted:

If you have Royal Crystals (the orangey ones), there is a very good pack to buy in the store:

Adding on to this this gives you enough blue currency for 6 months of aura which currently costs about $9 a month if you just buy crystals for it.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

MarcusSA posted:

Adding on to this this gives you enough blue currency for 6 months of aura which currently costs about $9 a month if you just buy crystals for it.

It almost seems as if the aura isn't worth it until you hit 50. I'll probably buy it and not activate before then because, well, most of those bennies are there for endgame, I think.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Memnaelar posted:

That's actually pretty awesome of them.

It's literally the bare minimum they need to do.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

itskage posted:

It's literally the bare minimum they need to do.

As an MMO player this is considered above and beyond lmao

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
honestly it's super hosed up that paladin has some of the coolest spell effects in the game, and at endgame you just run around barely hitting anyone. support is so boring but ive been told attempting dps paladin is just straight up griefing

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Yes.
All the servers on this list will be inaccessible to people who don't pay $15bux to get in early.

Good who wants dirty poors on our servers.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Thumbtacks posted:

honestly it's super hosed up that paladin has some of the coolest spell effects in the game, and at endgame you just run around barely hitting anyone. support is so boring but ive been told attempting dps paladin is just straight up griefing

Ah, the vanilla WoW experience.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Managed to cap chaos dungeons and guardian raid before server reset tonight on Strawberriez. Great game so far, looking forward to mmo style raids whenever those unlock.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Thumbtacks posted:

I am a little bitter actually; Paladin was my favorite Warrior Advanced Class because it flowed so well, but then I check and you are basically pigeonholed into support.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Unlucky7 posted:

I am a little bitter actually; Paladin was my favorite Warrior Advanced Class because it flowed so well, but then I check and you are basically pigeonholed into support.

I'm more miffed that support means only pressing one button or two every few mins and just playing as a normal dps the rest of the time.

edit: this is just perfect. https://www.reddit.com/r/lostarkgame/comments/spl19v/what_i_really_wanted_to_do/

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Feb 11, 2022

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Mordiceius posted:

Deathblade has three swords!

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Mordiceius posted:

I still can't quite express how BM I am over the fact that there's no option for a lady Artillerist.

Or that they launched without Summoner. Or Arcana. Or some of those sick new datamined ones coming up (give me alchemist).

I've played it for hours and I still just don't know if it's clicking. It does a lot of things that annoy me, but I can definitely see how the gameplay could be compelling at high level if it bothers to challenge you.

Boy howdy turning the first ten levels into a .mov file is a bit awkward, though. :v:

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Spuckuk posted:

Deathblade has three swords!

How did I miss the Zoro class? I have to reconsider what I want to play now.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i just don't like how every single female character model is wearing high heels and apparently that's just part of the model and never goes away.

i just want to hit very big numbers and not have a super high apm, i dont know what class im describing but i bet it's cool and fun

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Thumbtacks posted:

i just don't like how every single female character model is wearing high heels and apparently that's just part of the model and never goes away.

i just want to hit very big numbers and not have a super high apm, i dont know what class im describing but i bet it's cool and fun

Artillerist and Berserker are the first ones I'd look at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'm not loving martial artist, gonna reroll when I play with my buddy tonight and see if there's classes I vibe with more