Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Speaking of condoms, people who use them should also remember to use dental dams and maybe gloves for different kinds of play.

I'm not saying this is sensible, but having a complex about illnesses works out well when you and any partner have to both have checks before having sex. Even if you actually haven't had any interaction with anyone else since last time you had sex. I guess I know I'm not going to get passed on something from myself?

Safe sex is genuinely important and can have significant effects on your life if you are callus. loving is good, but think about poo poo and be safe. Not getting laid is better than loving your poo poo up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blerich
Oct 14, 2021
After finding out where my insurance provider gets their condoms made, I'm even more mystified about condom sizes.

I ordered a box of their ultra thins, in the same size the insurance condoms come in, 54*180.
Again, they fit perfectly.

But in my order, they included a paper penis sizer. You know, tear the strip of paper off the page, wrap it around your erect cock and read off the size.
According to the penis sizer, I need size 62 or 64. Then why does the size 54 fit perfectly?

Now I've got another two boxes of ultra thin condoms (they had a buy one get one free promo) that do fit, but might be the wrong size.
And the larger size condoms that they recommend for me come in yet another brand, so yet another chance for the sizing to end up being different.
Still, I'll order some small boxes of the size 62 and 64 condoms to see if there's some kind of revelation that I've missed for 15 years of condom use.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
While your on this journey... try non latex next. Using a skyn will completely change your life.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Masonity posted:

While your on this journey... try non latex next. Using a skyn will completely change your life.

Really? One of my last long term partners had a latex allergy (supposedly. There’s evidence to dispute that, but whatever) and I didn’t really find skyn to be all that special or great vs latex.

What do you find preferable about it? I suppose it smells a bit better

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters
When I used to use condoms, we tried a few different brands but Skyn was clearly the best one for us. My partner doesn't have an allergy to latex, but reacted in some ways to others (disrupting her PH and such)

Some had this terrible odour that was quite off putting and others felt super thick.
One brand which I forget transmitted almost no heat, and it numbed all feeling that it didn't feel like I was having sex at all.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Ok Comboomer posted:

Really? One of my last long term partners had a latex allergy (supposedly. There’s evidence to dispute that, but whatever) and I didn’t really find skyn to be all that special or great vs latex.

What do you find preferable about it? I suppose it smells a bit better

It's so so so much better at transmitting heat compared to latex.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
This is also super obvious I thought but I've had to explain to a lot of people: check beforehand how lube interacts with your condoms. Otherwise you're gonna have a problem.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
so I've just been informed that I may have been exposed to chlamydia last Thursday (yeah I know, I'm dumb, people are the worst, etc etc) I've ordered a self-test kit which will probably be here Wednesday, should I use it as soon as it arrives or is there a time period I should wait to have the best chance of getting an accurate result rather than potentially getting a false negative?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Have to wait a couple weeks, sorry :smith:
https://www.verywellhealth.com/how-long-before-std-symptoms-appear-3133026#toc-when-to-get-tested

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Good on you for being responsible about being tested, and on your sexual partner for contacting you about it.

And for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure chlamydia is an antibiotics-and-done STI, so even if you did pick it up, it's really only a temporary inconvenience.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Yeah I’ve told her it’s not all that big of a deal but she’s still pretty upset about it. She had a test come back negative in mid-January and the best we can figure is that someone she slept with before me lied about being tested when they weren’t :sigh:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Anybody got recs for a sex-pillow/wedge-kinda-thing, that maybe won't break the bank? My partner and I bought, from Amazon, a two-pillow set that looked good and was 1/3 the price of a single pillow from our local sex store. Well, turns out it wasn't firm in the least. Like, couldn't even hold its form if you barely rested on it. So we returned it, but I'm still hoping that there's one out there that exists and isn't multiple hundreds of dollars :derp:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
For sale: used sex wedge

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

It's basically just a block of foam, so you could DIY or get a foam shop to make one. Since you already have the covers you could swap out the foam insert.

This DIY one is made with glued-together remainders if you have foam lying around/get a good deal
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/TeO7J

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

For sale: sex wedge, never used.

Ftfy

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Xand_Man posted:

It's basically just a block of foam, so you could DIY or get a foam shop to make one. Since you already have the covers you could swap out the foam insert.

This DIY one is made with glued-together remainders if you have foam lying around/get a good deal
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/TeO7J

What if I don't want to DIY one?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Slimy Hog posted:

Then... don't? Just saying, it's just a block of foam cut the right way

Edit: Less Snarky reply:we have a Liberator and it's great.

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 2, 2022

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Slimy Hog posted:

I used to have a Liberator one with an ex. It was fine. It did its job

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty

Johnny Truant posted:

Anybody got recs for a sex-pillow/wedge-kinda-thing, that maybe won't break the bank? My partner and I bought, from Amazon, a two-pillow set that looked good and was 1/3 the price of a single pillow from our local sex store. Well, turns out it wasn't firm in the least. Like, couldn't even hold its form if you barely rested on it. So we returned it, but I'm still hoping that there's one out there that exists and isn't multiple hundreds of dollars :derp:

Best sex pillow I had was just a heavy memory foam one. Awful to sleep on but perfect for shagging.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i just jam like two regular pillows under them

Cheech Marinade
Apr 17, 2002
My lady friend (56F) was starting menopause when we started dating 2 years ago, which was certainly a rollercoaster. In the last 4 months or so, her sex drive has basically completely died. She still enjoys kissing/cuddling/etc, but in her words, her pussy is just dead. Completely unresponsive. What kind of options are there for post-menopausal women who can't get horny? I've heard of testosterone therapy being effective in these kind of cases, but what other options are there? We moved last year so she's going to have to find a new Gyno, but it'd be helpful to know ahead of time what to ask for. We're in the US if that matters.

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022
I recommend researching How Stella Got Her Groove Back, or any more recent Diane Keaton/Diane Lane movies.

Wine is definitely involved in some way.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I'm going to an orgy for the first time tomorrow. I am nervous, but mostly because it's a new thing. I'm pretty good at sex stuff, by which I mean communication and attention and ensuring my partner feels comfortable and safe. But this is new territory, I guess? Does anyone have any advice or things I should know that are not extremely obvious? Like, I know to communicate, I know not to shove my dick randomly into a participant's rear end.

...should I bring snacks...?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

credburn posted:

Nah there will be plenty of food

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Just don't forget the password.

It's ooooorgyyyy

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

credburn posted:

The fact that you're asking this question of the Something Awful Forums, rather than the host of your orgy, raises questions about the assertion below:

credburn posted:

Like, I know to communicate

Also lol, what do you mean by "orgy"? Is it five friends getting together to gently caress for someone's birthday? A sex club? A sex party at someone's house? A dance party with a gently caress space but most people are actually just there for the dancing/hanging out? A naked buffet party?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Is it five friends getting together to gently caress for someone's birthday?

This is a thing? Can I ask for this for my birthday?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

KillHour posted:

This is a thing? Can I ask for this for my birthday?

where do you live, bb? :wink:

are you active in your local area LAN thread or discord?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

in all honesty, you can absolutely throw a gently caress party for you and your friends. really depends on your friends!

for an orgy, depends on the venue and the people there. if they're friends in a house, bring some towels/wet wipes/lube and snacks sure. if it's at a club, just bring you!

vvv personally i wouldn't even consider going to an event where people are using alcohol vvv

Lazy_Liberal fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 26, 2022

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
be mindful of your stress level

I would encourage you to avoid becoming too intoxicated at your first event

it’s easy to stress-drink or stress-smoke into an uncomfortable spot when dealing with something so new and charged. It’s gonna feel really weird and surreal, like something you’ve probably seen depicted a million times but never imagined you’d actually be at.

Make sure your/your partner’s (if you’re going with one) boundaries are well-communicated and set and be comfortable voicing to them if something is making you uncomfortable or you want to check out

don’t be afraid to check out or take a break

it’s easier to go slowly and come back in the future or set up a second event/etc where you explore further than it is to take back something that made you uncomfortable/pushed your limits in a bad way/damaged your relationship/etc

if you suddenly think that seeing your partner get triple-teamed by those nice dudes who chatted you up at the drinks table is going to make you feel bad then maybe it’s better to disappoint them and pull the ripcord with a rain-check to talk about it (maybe get those dudes’ numbers and set something up later that’s more on your terms, IDK) than it is to quietly let it happen and then drink too much and have a giant fight with your partner later

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I bailed on the orgy.

Because people asked; originally it was a woman who I met on a dating app who wanted me to gently caress her husband. Then she wanted me to gently caress her instead, because her husband went on a date. But then it was like, actually I know a friend and maybe we can make it a threesome. Then it was -- and this is when I approached the forum -- "I'm putting together an orgy this Saturday."

I haven't actually met her yet.

But I bailed. Partly because I went camping earlier in the week and ran into a tree trying to impress a friend and still can't move my hips very well, which makes me a pretty ineffective sex participant. But mostly it was because was started out as 2 girls and 3 guys became 2 girls and 4 guys and then 6 guys and then "possibly more guys" and I'm just not... that's too many dicks! So I bailed.

She texted me to say the other woman involved bailed, too, so it would have been one woman and umm six or seven guys, so it's just as well I didn't go.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

credburn posted:

I bailed on the orgy.

Because people asked; originally it was a woman who I met on a dating app who wanted me to gently caress her husband. Then she wanted me to gently caress her instead, because her husband went on a date. But then it was like, actually I know a friend and maybe we can make it a threesome. Then it was -- and this is when I approached the forum -- "I'm putting together an orgy this Saturday."

I haven't actually met her yet.

But I bailed. Partly because I went camping earlier in the week and ran into a tree trying to impress a friend and still can't move my hips very well, which makes me a pretty ineffective sex participant. But mostly it was because was started out as 2 girls and 3 guys became 2 girls and 4 guys and then 6 guys and then "possibly more guys" and I'm just not... that's too many dicks! So I bailed.

She texted me to say the other woman involved bailed, too, so it would have been one woman and umm six or seven guys, so it's just as well I didn't go.

yeah, never go to an orgy or do group sex as a first date or on the request of somebody you don’t/barely know

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

welp hope they ended up having a nice bukkake bang. think you made the right decision to rest your hips and skip that one.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I wanna hear more about how running into a tree was supposed to impress your friend, and whether it worked.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

I wanna hear more about how running into a tree was supposed to impress your friend, and whether it worked.

People are often surprised at how far / high I can jump. While hiking through the very muddy woods, we came upon a giant overturned tree. Some of my friends struggled just to climb over it, but I felt like I could probably jump all the way over it without touching it -- or at the very least doing a light kind of step off the top. So I got a few yards back and charged full-speed at the tree. The foot I was using to jump from slipped in the mud, and so I did not actually leave the ground at all. To anyone watching, it must have looked like I just sprinted right into a tree for nothing.

Edit: Regarding the orgy thing, some more details in case people are interested, here is the report I got from the host --

The orgy concluded with 8 members. One woman, seven men. Of the men, two were pan, two identified as bi but didn't seem interested in the other men, and three said they were bi but they were bi-curious at best. Only the host, her husband, and two of them men knew each other; the rest were all strangers.

I was discussing this with a friend and we both concluded that a 3:2 dick:vag ratio is ideal for an orgy. I'll see if there are better numbers for the next one.

I do appreciate your advice / input, all, even if it was a kind of silly non-thing.

credburn fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Mar 27, 2022

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Just to echo what OK Comboomer said, going to an orgy with people you've never met who invited a ton of randos from the internet to their home is probably a bad idea.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

A bunch of thirsty men saying they're cool with other dudes so they can try to get 30 seconds of dick time with the one woman there definitely fits in with my preconceived notions of an "orgy"

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I don't know anything about orgies but I hope you keep this random tinder person in your life so you can post more stories.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
A great rule of thumb for group sex (and honestly sex in general) is if you aren't certain it's a good idea then assume it's a bad idea.

If there's any red flag, no matter how small, then it means there's more hidden. I've been invited to a few orgies and I declined because it didn't vibe well. Turns out I was right to, because it ended poorly either during or shortly after.

Sex, like any social event, has a higher chance of being a clusterfuck (not in a good way) the more people are involved. The stories I've heard are fantastic lessons of "think before about what happens after". All you need is for one person to be a shithead and suddenly the domino effect is gonna hit everyone.

I keep reiterating this to people I know, but seriously consider everything involved, even if just one person, before jumping in bed. It will save you a lot of frustration and problems. The best sex is one you have thought out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

syntaxfunction posted:

All you need is for one person to be a shithead and suddenly the domino effect is gonna hit everyone.

This was genuinely one of my biggest anxieties about it, haha. That someone would do or say something that suddenly destroys the vibe and I'm just standing there with my dick out going "uhhhhh" waiting for someone to fix the situation.

I was anxious that my anxiety over the possibility of anxiety would cause me to have anxiety-induced erectile dysfunction.

PittTheElder posted:

I don't know anything about orgies but I hope you keep this random tinder person in your life so you can post more stories.

The host said it went well, and I'll be invited to the next. If the numbers look better I might give it a shot, and I'll update you all ha