Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

This is a real loving good cover, but the video is unlisted for some reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Both Hatebreed and Slayer when they toured together had insane pits at Harpo's in Detroit. I remember Hatebreed about to go on stage, and an intro playing and people just stuffing themselves on the main floor as tight as possible. I remember my friend and I giving each other a look and then they started playing and it was absolutely insane. The entire floor was going nuts.

Then Slayer came on and the exact same thing happened.

I sprained a thumb and ankle.

I was likely at that show. Redhead and likely back then with a goatee. From like 2002-2008 there was a rotating cast of characters that were in detroit area pits, with the most noticeable being that one 6'5 black dude with short locs that always smelled of aftershock/goldschlager

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

New music time:

Cult of Luna, atmosludge
Voivod on non-BC
Amorphis on non-BC
Napalm Death EP on non-BC
Mortuary Drape, bm (not fully out on BC)
Zeal & Ardor, avant-garde
Author and Punisher, drone metal
Negativa, dsbm
Hangman's Chair, doom
Near Death Condition, dm
Vastatum, atmoblack
Ysry Mollvun, atmospheric meloblack
A Pale December, atmoblack (not fully out on BC)
Hammr on non-BC, black speed
Once Human on non-BC, melodeath
Star Eternal, symphonic power
WAIT, progressive dm
Shield of Wings on non-BC, pm
Tugt, atmoblack
Moluchtas, dm
Creeping Flesh, dm (not fully out on BC)
Inhuman Nature, thrash
Theandric, doomy trad
Ceremonial Decay, dm
Lacrimae, prog
Legendarium, trad

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I was likely at that show. Redhead and likely back then with a goatee. From like 2002-2008 there was a rotating cast of characters that were in detroit area pits, with the most noticeable being that one 6'5 black dude with short locs that always smelled of aftershock/goldschlager

lmao i remember him, that dude found my buddys keys who lost them in the pit. he stood up with his keys in hand in the air as people filed out. solid move.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

lmao i remember him, that dude found my buddys keys who lost them in the pit. he stood up with his keys in hand in the air as people filed out. solid move.

he was a solid guy, i saw him at a show like 3-4 years ago pre covid, i think the slayer "farewell" tour at meadowbrook

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
that dude was at nearly every show until i guess he got married and couldnt go as much

its too bad harpos sucks now, it was cool seeing the same dudes in the pit every week.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

New zeal and ardor is good

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

yeah man, in high school we went there so often knew the bouncers and they would let us in the back for half price, obviously pocketing the cash. all stopped when Dime died. the ownership has changed a bunch and they had a new guy just before covid who seemed like he was trying, they even had made the loving disco floor light up

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
yeah once they put up the metal detectors for a few weeks and stopped letting you bring in whatever you want, some of the charm went away

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
last i heard they didn't have heat so during the winter you could see your breath inside the venue

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

really it was 2008 though. the Detroit scene has never recovered. for a long time bands went out of their way to come here, and ever since its just fell off a cliff. hell it used to be you had the same show in Detroit and GR 2 days apart, like clockwork.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

WoodrowSkillson posted:

yeah man, in high school we went there so often knew the bouncers and they would let us in the back for half price, obviously pocketing the cash. all stopped when Dime died. the ownership has changed a bunch and they had a new guy just before covid who seemed like he was trying, they even had made the loving disco floor light up

I just watched a wrestling show a few weeks ago from Harpo's, the floor still lights up!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Nazzadan posted:

New music time:

Cult of Luna, atmosludge
Voivod on non-BC
Amorphis on non-BC
Negativa, dsbm
Hangman's Chair, doom
Near Death Condition, dm
Vastatum, atmoblack
WAIT, progressive dm
Tugt, atmoblack
Moluchtas, dm
Inhuman Nature, thrash
Theandric, doomy trad
Ceremonial Decay, dm
Lacrimae, prog
Legendarium, trad

Thanks as always!

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i saw them in 2004 at hellfest in new jersey

there was a lot of firecrackers going off in the crowd

edit: somewhere in here is a 22 year old crip eatin bread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d56V-mmBoow

Maaaaaaan I'd be in an actual fight in there, I loving love it

next show up for me is Coheed & Cambria in a month~, hardly a mosh show but I'll do my best

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

WoodrowSkillson posted:

really it was 2008 though. the Detroit scene has never recovered. for a long time bands went out of their way to come here, and ever since its just fell off a cliff. hell it used to be you had the same show in Detroit and GR 2 days apart, like clockwork.

sanctuary is where it’s at now. crofoot is picking up again too, which is nice because my office is 2 blocks away.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

hopterque posted:

also, I can't believe nobody beat me to it but god drat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8sSw5My1LY

Slugdge is such a loving awesome band.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

sanctuary is where it’s at now. crofoot is picking up again too, which is nice because my office is 2 blocks away.

Sanctuary is such a great place.

Tickets are cheap and so is the beer.

I bought tickets for Archspire in May there. I live on the other side of the state(Kalamazoo) but I try to go to Sanctuary as much as possible. There is nothing like it near me.

Cynicus
May 1, 2008

owling furies.

Nazzadan posted:

I am pleased to announce the new Hammr is in fact on BC.

Cynicus fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 11, 2022

Feast of Burden
Oct 9, 2008

WARNING: may cause indigestion and severe heartburn

Condemned to Death is such a good song. What is it with Christian metal kicking so much rear end lately.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
New Cult of Luna and Voivod are great.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Oh neat, I only checked the band's BC and didn't check HHB

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Henchman of Santa posted:

New Cult of Luna and Voivod are great.

Yeah listening to CoL now and the first track has me hooked. Saw them years and years ago and thought they were super neat, but didn't think they'd be putting out bangers like a decade+ later.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

hopterque posted:

I was extremely badly concussed in the pit at a Dying Fetus show, actually.

also, I can't believe nobody beat me to it but god drat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8sSw5My1LY

I love the production and tone on this, holy poo poo.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Hulk Krogan posted:

Slugdge is such a loving awesome band.

coming off a replay of IVth Crusade to come here and find this and yes this rules

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

https://ravenousdeath666.bandcamp.com/album/visions-from-the-netherworld

This new Ravenous Death is pretty spiffy

Cynicus
May 1, 2008

owling furies.

woah, what a great find.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Their shirts are cool too but the shipping is brootal

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Nazzadan posted:

New music time:

Cult of Luna, atmosludge
Voivod on non-BC
Amorphis on non-BC
Negativa, dsbm
Hangman's Chair, doom
Near Death Condition, dm
Vastatum, atmoblack
WAIT, progressive dm
Tugt, atmoblack
Moluchtas, dm
Inhuman Nature, thrash
Theandric, doomy trad
Ceremonial Decay, dm
Lacrimae, prog
Legendarium, trad

Thank you for doing these. They’re always a pleasure and better than most roundups.

New Author and Punisher is fuckin’ great, fyi. Excited about the CoL but haven’t spun yet.

Didn’t know Zeal & Ardor had one coming out. My unfair assessment is that it sucks poo poo. The limits of the gimmick are especially evident from what I heard.

And who has time for new releases when there’s Slugdge? Too much music not enough time.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Really good laundry folding music, I gotta say

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

All The Witches Dance is on streaming now gently caress yes.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I'm digging this pretty hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4U0yXzgiDc

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

The guitar work on the new Voivod album rules. Really good poo poo.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i saw them in 2004 at hellfest in new jersey

there was a lot of firecrackers going off in the crowd

edit: somewhere in here is a 22 year old crip eatin bread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d56V-mmBoow

i was at this. one of the best weekends of my life hangin with a bunch of friends seeing a bunch of great bands.

witnessing bad luck basically destroy the place was both mesmerizing but also infuriating bc they ensured that hellfest died that year and i was stoked to go in '05

also, by the time hellfest '04 rolled around i was already pretty much over fear factory, but i had never got to see them live when i was WAY into demanufacture. i went over to watch them play to like 12 kids after badluck played and i was like meh gently caress this and went outside to be among the aftermath of the BL set

crazy poo poo. i just saw that badluck is playing again somewhere on the east coast soon. why anyone would bother intentionally going to see them play is completely beyond me

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

General feedback on the new Zeal & Ardor is that it's a bit too chuggy and djenty compared to the old stuff but I dig it

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
I've been doing a lot of research and now I'm here to report on my findings:

My favorite Bolt Thrower song is "Zeroed"

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

This morning I found out that Mina Caputo of Life of Agony is (despite being trans) now a rabid anti-vaxxer and a right wing chud. I suppose she (they? not sure) has a reason to be afraid of needles, however. Sucks man.

To rub it in on top of that Alan Robert of Life of Agony is selling NFTs.

I'm used to people in metal bands being lovely people for very different reasons.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

tote up a bags posted:

General feedback on the new Zeal & Ardor is that it's a bit too chuggy and djenty compared to the old stuff but I dig it

Idk Death To The Holy is probably my favorite song they've done.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Have some old-school heavy metal with big swingin' sword energy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_TfXQPAPSY

E: "Guest solo by Max Power" :rock:

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Feb 15, 2022

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Idk Death To The Holy is probably my favorite song they've done.

Yeah it rules, that and Gottdammerung are bangers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

MasterSitsu posted:

This morning I found out that Mina Caputo of Life of Agony is (despite being trans) now a rabid anti-vaxxer and a right wing chud. I suppose she (they? not sure) has a reason to be afraid of needles, however. Sucks man.

To rub it in on top of that Alan Robert of Life of Agony is selling NFTs.

I'm used to people in metal bands being lovely people for very different reasons.

why would being trans have anything to do with whether you're pro or anti vax or what political affiliation you have?

the assumption that just bc someone is trans makes them automatically incapable of being wrong about anything and that they must be a shimmering example of perfect societal participation is ridiculous. trans or not - nobody is perfect.

the "(despite being trans)" inclusion in your comment is stupid and pointless.

diaclaimer: yes i understand that trans people are more likely to experience hardship that would never fall on other members of society. that still doesn't mean they can't have lovely opinions or be wrong about things.