Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I'm going back and listening to the episodes that cover the aftermath of the January 6th riot. I thought it took them at most a week to say it was Antifa. I did not know that they started spinning that hours after it happened.

Good god...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

BigRed0427 posted:

I'm going back and listening to the episodes that cover the aftermath of the January 6th riot. I thought it took them at most a week to say it was Antifa. I did not know that they started spinning that hours after it happened.

Good god...

Kevin Sorbo, among others, were doing it in real time. Getting pumped for it, celebrating when it started, then playing Antifa/BLM cards when it started to go south. In the span of maybe 6 hours, it went from "It's HAPPENING!" to "this is ANTIFA!"

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Yeah, it was pretty obvious to anyone paying attention at the time that the whole attempt was going to be an embarrassing criminal failure, especially when Trump hosed off to watch the shitshow on TV lol. Alex distanced himself from it ASAP and started blaming non-existent groups like antifa and BLM.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 11, 2022

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Cat Puke posted:

Dunno what's on the reddit but two good ones are "drunk hotel interview" which contains the funniest 2 seconds of Alex audio, and the Bill Ayers interview in which an octogenarian ex-terrorist uses reasonability to make Alex poo poo himself.

Just finished Drunk Hotel Interview, it is both amusing and extremely distressing.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Mercury_Storm posted:

Yeah, it was pretty obvious to anyone paying attention at the time that the whole attempt was going to be an embarrassing criminal failure, especially when Trump hosed off to watch the shitshow on TV lol. Alex distanced himself from it ASAP and started blaming non-existent groups like antifa and BLM.

That really cringy asshat on his payroll was all party about it live on air though, which was very funny in hindsight.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BiggerBoat posted:

Kevin Sorbo, among others, were doing it in real time. Getting pumped for it, celebrating when it started, then playing Antifa/BLM cards when it started to go south. In the span of maybe 6 hours, it went from "It's HAPPENING!" to "this is ANTIFA!"

Yeah, there were many who immediately started declaring it was outside agitators, probably ANTIFA or the FBI. If I remember one of the regular show hosts was in studio while Jones and Shroyer were at the Capital, saying how the "Patriots" were in control, and that night Jones had gotten out and on a phone, saying it was an op. Jones, even for being the dumbass he is who can't help tripping over himself to incriminate himself in court proceedings, knew it was going to be serious and people would be made examples.

BigglesSWE posted:

That really cringy asshat on his payroll was all party about it live on air though, which was very funny in hindsight.

Yeah, that one whose name I can't remember and isn't front and center on the website for obvious reasons. I think it was the American Journal.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I like how Dans impression of Jones gets better as the podcast goes on.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I'm a policy wonk

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm a policy wonk

Crikey mate, that's fantastic have yerself a brew.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
The new Policy Wonk sound bite is fun but I’ll miss “m-my neck is freakishly large”.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I don't know why it is so hard to find on the website, but here is a compilation of selected Alex Jones drops: https://knowledgefight.com/drops

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

BigglesSWE posted:

The new Policy Wonk sound bite is fun but I’ll miss “m-my neck is freakishly large”.

Take a liiitle necky

A liiiiiiiiiiiitle necky for meeeeeee

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I'm glad they acknowledged the little breakie thing today because I've been thinking "a liiiitle breakie for meee" like ten times a day since they changed drops.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Shageletic posted:

#609. What a bonkers ep.

I want Its A Demon Feast as my cell ring

Yeah... okay, I just watched 609 and it is a total banger.

quote:

Today, Dan and Jordan check back in on how Alex Jones is doing these days. In this installment, Alex is on an emotional rollercoaster that finds him yelling about the devil, targeting another high school student, and being fairly ambivalent about whether or not his listeners should kill their family members who aren't against vaccines.

We've got Alex talking about how he almost did turn evil. About how he loved to smash people's heads in, how he loved strangling people, but he doesn't any more, because he was saved.

He talks about how, your phone? Your Android phone? That's actually the mind of a computer, the mind of an android, that is controlled by "Ol' Scratch" --- SATAN! And is bent on controlling you, and controlling the world.

Lapsing into the metaphorical speech he does SO well, he talks about imagine that he's coming after you, with a hatchet in each hand, he talks about ten-trillion pound gorillas, ninety-seven trillion pound gorillas that shoot rainbows out of their asses.

We learn how all these WHO personnel and others are resigning because we've learned about 6.6 billion shots, special order 666, and other such nefarious plots. We learn he has two family members of his family, that are dying due to the 666 injections. One should be dead in a week, the other in two weeks.

Then, as he is ranting about how "high-level folks" had reached out to him about possibly apologizing, in return for them making him "bigger than you've ever been", he goes into the Ned Beatty monologue from the movie Network, only here it's the globalists who made him this offer, and the Ned Beatty monologue is directed at him.

This prompts what passes for his crew to play some cheesy 90s muzak, in an effort to play him off to break because he's totally out of control.

And all this, before the one hour mark.

Later on, he taps on the desk to emulate the sounds of the hooves of the Pale Horse, with Death riding on him, etc. It is absolutely amazing.

"It's a demon feast, folks"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Started, of course, with the deposition episode that went big, then went through the entire Project Camelot series up to #371 + #67 (the Protocols episode because it snuck into the PC playlist), been listening in actual sequence since #404 (drunken CPAC-adjacent Fuentes exhibition)

Good show, really glad it blew up like this.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Grand Fromage posted:

I'm glad they acknowledged the little breakie thing today because I've been thinking "a liiiitle breakie for meee" like ten times a day since they changed drops.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

FFT posted:

Started, of course, with the deposition episode that went big, then went through the entire Project Camelot series up to #371 + #67 (the Protocols episode because it snuck into the PC playlist), been listening in actual sequence since #404 (drunken CPAC-adjacent Fuentes exhibition)

Good show, really glad it blew up like this.

I understand why they don't publish their Patreon numbers but just by tracking shoutouts (and the fact that they're lagged by weeks or even months, it took 8 weeks for them to give me my policy wonk drop like 2 years ago) they've been pretty big for quite a while now. Not Chapo big, obviously, but I'd be astonished if they were making less than, say, TrashFuture or any of the other second-tier leftist podcasts out there (which would be a very comfortable amount of money for them both, especially as, AFAIK, they don't really have a producer or any other overheads).

I'm mainly worried about what happens when Jones eventually flames out, but as the throwback episodes are often more fun than the present-day ones, and with some very rich veins of content in the wider Jones-verse to mine, I think they're going to be okay for quite a while now.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

MrMojok posted:

Yeah... okay, I just watched 609 and it is a total banger.

We've got Alex talking about how he almost did turn evil. About how he loved to smash people's heads in, how he loved strangling people, but he doesn't any more, because he was saved.

He talks about how, your phone? Your Android phone? That's actually the mind of a computer, the mind of an android, that is controlled by "Ol' Scratch" --- SATAN! And is bent on controlling you, and controlling the world.

Lapsing into the metaphorical speech he does SO well, he talks about imagine that he's coming after you, with a hatchet in each hand, he talks about ten-trillion pound gorillas, ninety-seven trillion pound gorillas that shoot rainbows out of their asses.

We learn how all these WHO personnel and others are resigning because we've learned about 6.6 billion shots, special order 666, and other such nefarious plots. We learn he has two family members of his family, that are dying due to the 666 injections. One should be dead in a week, the other in two weeks.

Then, as he is ranting about how "high-level folks" had reached out to him about possibly apologizing, in return for them making him "bigger than you've ever been", he goes into the Ned Beatty monologue from the movie Network, only here it's the globalists who made him this offer, and the Ned Beatty monologue is directed at him.

This prompts what passes for his crew to play some cheesy 90s muzak, in an effort to play him off to break because he's totally out of control.

And all this, before the one hour mark.

Later on, he taps on the desk to emulate the sounds of the hooves of the Pale Horse, with Death riding on him, etc. It is absolutely amazing.

"It's a demon feast, folks"

Haha love the recap

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Ok, I got to the Q Shaman interview and Holy poo poo LOL.

The part that sticks out to me is that the spiritualism stuff he's talking about isn't to far off from the poo poo Jones says, and he's mocking him for it.

The guys have covered this before, but Jones going off on how were all balls of energy and need to be able to advance to the plane of existence or something is not talked about enough by other people.

Also good God. I've have an interest in occult, witchcraft and spiritualism since high school and I have to be reminded again that guys like this share that same space.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

What blew me away about the Q shaman episode the most, was how well-spoken that nutter was (Chansley, not the other nutter)

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

MrMojok posted:

What blew me away about the Q shaman episode the most, was how well-spoken that nutter was (Chansley, not the other nutter)

Especially weird considering the interviews his mom has given.

(She's nuts and very loud)

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

BigRed0427 posted:

Ok, I got to the Q Shaman interview and Holy poo poo LOL.

Also good God. I've have an interest in occult, witchcraft and spiritualism since high school and I have to be reminded again that guys like this share that same space.

Jones and his right wing ilk are more about Blavatsky Theosophy. Johns may have a dash Gnosticism in his cosmology, but I wouldn't worry abut sharing the same space. Though, I hear that QAnon really took off in yoga studios...

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
“And we’re an evil, decadent satanic society, I guess it’s time to die”

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

I miss the original intro (that's now just the outro). While I understand the desire to have a theme song going straight from "Andy in Kansas" to Podcast ruled and meant I never had to hit the fast forward 30 seconds button. I also miss the "Sodomite sent me a bucket of poop" drop.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Bill Ayers rules

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Updated the first post with links to all the deposition related episodes and couple that were suggested previously.

Anybody know how I change the text of the title? I want to rotate out the quote.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Marsupial Ape posted:

Updated the first post with links to all the deposition related episodes and couple that were suggested previously.

Anybody know how I change the text of the title? I want to rotate out the quote.

ask da mods :mods:

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Really? It happens a bunch on the TV forum and that seems tedious for the mods.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Yep, gotta ask a RGD mod. Shoot off a PM off or report a post with the request.

Megabound fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Feb 14, 2022

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Crapping my bitches for the post-halftime show show.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

So I made the mistake of listening to the show at home while playing path of exile and now my GF thinks I'm just stright up listening to Alex Jones. Please advise.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

BigRed0427 posted:

So I made the mistake of listening to the show at home while playing path of exile and now my GF thinks I'm just stright up listening to Alex Jones. Please advise.

Tell her you're a policy wonk and that it's fantastic and that she should have herself a brew. Then explain that we have to go full tilt boogie on this watson.
If she remains unconvinced remind her that we ain't making the money off that heroin. If she still has not left you then enquire as to why she pimps so good.

Papa Was A Video Toaster fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 14, 2022

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
And if it doesn’t work out? severtake a liiiiiitle breakie

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

Tell her you're a policy wonk and that it's fantastic and that she should have herself a brew. Then explain that we have to go full tilt boogie on this watson.
If she remains unconvinced remind her that we ain't making the money of that heroin. If she still has not left you then enquire as to why she pimps so good.

Brilliant.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Make Andy from Kansas a cute pet name.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Man, if it wasn't comming from Alex Jones, I would be super into his Biblical fan fiction.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

If she remains unconvinced remind her that we ain't making the money off that heroin. If she still has not left you then enquire as to why she pimps so good.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Anyone know the Leo airport episode offhand? I'm trying to search the tracker but it won't show anything but his first appearance.

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

Grand Fromage posted:

Anyone know the Leo airport episode offhand? I'm trying to search the tracker but it won't show anything but his first appearance.

I found a pretty comprehensive catalog of episodes on Reddit and a search for ‘Leo Z’ turns up a bunch of results. I’m on mobile otherwise I’d try and dig further.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p2u4MH5ywwsIHZvpdBbpzhPqAQedFR_xvbs1jbiAVOk/edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I love all of the Lionel episodes. Dude hates backpacks.