Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

General Dog posted:

The only way this show makes sense is if Boba Fett actually died in the Sarlaac and the man we’ve been seeing the whole time is actually Captain Rex.

Rex would have demolished Pykes and Hutts by episode 3

besides we all know that Rex is that bearded dude in Bunker assault on Endor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

fatherboxx posted:

besides we all know that Rex is that bearded dude in Bunker assault on Endor

Nope, different guy. Filoni walked back that joke years ago.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Given what we've seen those bombs do, just one would probably level all of Mos Espa. If not outright destroy every building, at least destroy most of it and damage the rest structurally. The whole town's in a pit, and the blast would likely just reverb back in on itself.

That sounds badass.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Iron Crowned posted:

SO why does it need to be transported by train across Tattooine (other than it looks cool to have Tusken Raiders rob a train)

Maybe if they fly they risk some random X-wing cop getting curious.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Maybe if they fly they risk some random X-wing cop getting curious.

Given we've seen Mando get tagged by a flyby of some random passenger ship, that actually seem plausible.

There's also nothing stopping Tuskens shooting at your ship and private ships are conspicuous when they're making regular runs between places if they're the only thing in the sky. The repulsorlift train does largely the same job, probably carries far more cargo for its size, and is relatively-less conspicuous if there's regular trains running between the Mos settlements.

We've also seen that nearly literally every ship is registered thanks to the Empire unless it's very old, so you gotta ask why a Pyke-owned ship is making trips on a planet in the relatively-middle-of-nowhere.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Feb 11, 2022

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I know it’s not out of character or whatever, but it does feel like sloppy//slapdash writing to conclude this entire drama with “and then Fennec killed everyone and there was peace.”

Also Cyborg space sheriff Timothy Olyphant will be paired up with fan favorite Bull Burr and that will be the Commando show and I’ll watch every goddamn episode.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Feb 11, 2022

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's how Rise of Skywalker should have ended, Palps and his guard gets sniped from offscreen, camera pans over to Ming Na Wen, "Everybody gets one"

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Jedit posted:

Only the original Mandalore has been both Mandalorian and Jedi, and in the end even he had to choose which he wanted to be.

Grogu somehow becomes Mandalore. OG Mandalorians get replaced with a federation of founding's from every race and corner of the galaxy. 400 years of Grogu. 6 seasons and a movie.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Boris Galerkin posted:

What is the real world analog for “spice?” I need to know how I should feel about it. Boba sounds like a boomer banning fun drugs.

It’s been established the Pyle Syndicate controls the famous Spice Mines* of Kessel. In the old EU while there were many kinds of spice (it’s just a slang word for narcotics, especially powderized ones) Kessel was the only source of Glitterstim spice, which was basically the most dangerous one, extremely addictive and with nasty side effects.

* Kessel apparently hyperdrive fuel as of the new canon thanks to Solo’s weirdo plot. Maybe this was an attempt to give Kessel a “legitimate” export with mining the horrible death spider stuff for glitterstim as a very profitable side piece. Oh yeah Glitterstim is produced by horrible alien death spiders burrowing through the planetoid. They eat lots of miners each year, but who cares they’re almost all droids and slaves!

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
My reaction to them announcing BoBF was to mercilessly trash the idea of such an overhyped underdeveloped action figure commercial of a character driving a show. As much as the opinions of this thread seems to vindicate that initial reaction, I enjoyed watching it! Fett may not have had a coherent arc of character growth, but it at least made me interested in watching him and his pals have space desert adventures.

Of course, my reaction to people complaining about new star wars material sucking is typically "they're just being true to the source material" of an IP whose most compelling work historically was a children's cartoon. Between nostalgia and the expanded universe, I'd say the heavy lifting of making star wars good was done by everybody but the original creators. Maybe that lack of investment is what allowed me to enjoy the new shows and movies (except for eps 7-9 which I didn't hate but have no memory of, nor desire to watch again).

John Wick of Dogs posted:

That's how Rise of Skywalker should have ended, Palps and his guard gets sniped from offscreen, camera pans over to Ming Na Wen, "Everybody gets one"

I got the giggles when she strung up that weird mayor creature. I could watch agent may assassinate aliens and poo poo all day, how about a Deadpool esque run of her just showing up killing every space bad guy in various novel ways (including Annie and jarjar obv... and original bobba fett).

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Yeah tbh the show wasn’t necessarily good but it was mostly fun to watch, which is about all my low standards ask of Star Wars.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

M_Gargantua posted:

Grogu somehow becomes Mandalore. OG Mandalorians get replaced with a federation of founding's from every race and corner of the galaxy. 400 years of Grogu. 6 seasons and a movie.
That's pretty much how humans got in in the first place.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

CelticPredator posted:

This show would’ve been way better if it was told chronologically. The characterization is there but by swapping it around it jumbled it.

All of the present day stuff (I guess that's the best way to describe it) is kind of boring right up until the final battle. Not sure how that would work

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Grogu is going to go back in time and become Yoda.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Alchenar posted:

Grogu is going to go back in time and become Yoda.

Luke did say it's more like he's remembering than learning, so yeah, he's got Yaddle's force ghost inside of him

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Iron Crowned posted:

Luke did say it's more like he's remembering than learning, so yeah, he's got Yaddle's force ghost inside of him

Replace Grogu’s flashback of Order 66 with him seeing this piece of old internet (Maybe goon?) history:

Mildly :nws:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Iron Crowned posted:

Nah, he's 50 years old remember. That's a lot of trauma and education to forget considering a good chunk of it was during the Empire's reign.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nah, he's 50 years old remember. That's a lot of trauma and education to forget considering a good chunk of it was during the Empire's reign.

Incidentally, I wonder what they’re going to do about that. He seems like the equivalent of a 2-3 year old at most. How much can one learn with that level of brain development, even if you have decades to do it?

Also, based on a generous timescale of human longevity of 100… that would make Yoda the equivalent age of something like 55.

Is Grogu repressed? Does the species just take forever to get to adulthood and then dies shortly thereafter? Do they have some kind of massive growth spurt?

I am hoping for growth spurt because, while I’ve enjoyed the stories so far, I don’t know if I want to watch a perpetual toddler for the whole of this series.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Both narratively and merch wise it's gonna be tricky to develop the character to the point where he's a Basic-speaking adolescent and still have the same Baby Yoda Magic.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!

Bust Rodd posted:

I know it’s not out of character or whatever, but it does feel like sloppy//slapdash writing to conclude this entire drama with “and then Fennec killed everyone and there was peace.”

I think it's weird that they literally straight up murder the mayor.

I mean I can believe Bob casually shooting Bib, sitting down on his throne and declaring "this is mine now" because it's a illegal crime empire.

Doing the same thing for the head of local government? This... Does not seem like a good idea.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I dunno man it seems the mayor was found dead in a local gang house belonging to the offworld pyke syndicate. Appears he was involved or caught up in some local intragang warfare. The Deputy Mayor has assurances from the local Daimyo Boba Fett that the perpetrators will be caught and justice served to the strictest standard. He has his best woman on the case.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
Boy, I had completely forgotten about Yaddle. Whether they ever reveal it or not, it makes sense that Grogu would be her son. Perhaps Yoda wasn't as celibate as we were led to believe...

Though the choice to have Grogu be 50 years old is such an odd one to me. It seems like they just wanted a tie in to the prequels, and weren't too worried about the absurdity of it. It would have made more sense if he was a clone or just a random baby with unusually high affinity of the force. For now you have to believe that either Yoda's race takes a stupidly long time to mature, or Grogu has had a ridiculously stunted growth.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

He could have been put in carbon freeze for a few decades. I don't think that possibility is ruled out.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah tbh the show wasn’t necessarily good but it was mostly fun to watch, which is about all my low standards ask of Star Wars.

Fun is good.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Why has no one ever just asked Yoda or Yaddle what their race is called or where they come from.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Did the Mayor do anything? Seemed like everything was actually run by criminals and he was just a figurehead giving people some sense of legitimacy.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

stev posted:

Why has no one ever just asked Yoda or Yaddle what their race is called or where they come from.
If you did it to Yoda he’d tell you to be mindful of your business and probably poke you with a stick

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

stev posted:

That would be incredibly rude

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I would guess that if Grogu’s parentage is ever addressed, we’ll find out that he was produced asexually or through science/magic somehow. Because nobody really hosed in Star Wars to begin with, and they definitely don’t in the Disney era.

Yoda used his own midichlorians to grow him on a tree or something like that.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

stev posted:

maybe its normal common knowledge to everyone in star wars just we the viewer don't know. where are humans from in star wars???

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

General Dog posted:

i honestly hope that nobody mentions minichlorians ever again. just like, pretend it doesnt exist. that whole thing was so stupid. pissed me off as a kid too. durr lets take this cool taoist metaphor and science it up. so dumb. gently caress you GORGE SACUL. bitch.

yes i am aware of baby yoda peter thiel thing. WHATEVER. that didnt bother as much idk. whatever

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
who the gently caress is playing thrawn

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
where the gently caress is kyle katarn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
*flipping over the table and smashing a beer stein on my head* AND I DEMAND MORE HK BOTS AND BUSTY TWILEK BABES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
put midichlorians in everything imo

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Smythe posted:

where the gently caress is kyle katarn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this but unironically

General Dog posted:

I would guess that if Grogu’s parentage is ever addressed, we’ll find out that he was produced asexually or through science/magic somehow. Because nobody really hosed in Star Wars to begin with, and they definitely don’t in the Disney era.

Kit Fisto fucks. At least I think it's him that is canonically allowed to, it's either him or the conehead guy. Something about being an endangered species and allowed to help repopulate.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Kazy posted:

this but unironically

Kit Fisto fucks. At least I think it's him that is canonically allowed to, it's either him or the conehead guy. Something about being an endangered species and allowed to help repopulate.

It's the conehead guy, which makes it funnier

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Smythe posted:

maybe its normal common knowledge to everyone in star wars just we the viewer don't know. where are humans from in star wars???

I figure humans are like those space vermin that's everywhere. No one knows cause they're just all over the place.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Hazo posted:

lol nobody's gonna die in a Filoni Star Wars again, they'll just come back as robots.

In fact if I'm not mistaken they've only perma-killed two recurring characters: Warner Herzog (necessary to show how menacing Moff Gideon was) and Jennifer Beals (why?). Fennec and Cobb did/will get cyborg-ed, and they teased Cad's survival (after he's already been cyborg-ed a little).

Quoting myself to say lol Beals ain't dead

quote:

RIP to Garsa.

I know, but you never know. You saw that big scar on her chest. She's a survivor.

Hey, in "Star Wars" anything can happen.

I mean, I have to believe she has perished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Thundercracker posted:

I figure humans are like those space vermin that's everywhere. No one knows cause they're just all over the place.

I prefer to think some actual Earth humans somehow got transported to a galaxy far away by whatever aliens built the pyramids. My mind can't comprehend humans inexplicitly existing in fictional sci fi universes.