Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I saw Titanic as a child and thought it was great fun.

Genuinely surprised to find out that a large number of goons don't / never liked it, but that's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's a very good movie

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The disaster part is good the rest is for girls!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Some people used to be like "it's a 2-VHS tape set, let's only watch the 2nd half because that's the part with all the cool disaster stuff and skips all the dumb romance stuff" *proceeds to watch 45 minutes of romance*

Anyway I might be biased in its favor because I was in college at the time and a friend/classmate and I played hooky on three separate occasions instead of doing our AMa95 homework to go into Hollywood and watch it at Mann's Chinese Theater, failed the class but no regrets

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Data Graham posted:

It's a very good movie

Jim don't miss

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Raised By Wolves continues to be delightfully weird. I'm glad Space Snake is a gentle herbivore good boy but I wouldn't be surprised if that takes a wild turn later

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Space snake’s gonna eat the ancient robot sprouting poison berries and suck the necro milk out of space Jesus.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Also, there was some interesting class dynamics going on in the Father/Billy fight.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Open Source Idiom posted:

From what I remember, Netflix owns the rights to some of its originals, but basically only the ones produced entirely in house. Everything else it basically leases.

This is correct, it's also what has hosed over some of their international co-productions because some "Netflix funded" anime has just lost all international streaming rights and they never had physical releases. poo poo's just gone now in the legal realm. Loving it.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

So while being fairly entertaing, the absolute best thing Reacher has accomplished is remind the Forum of the awesomeness that was Banshee :allears:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1492196808839344130

Oh hey

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

bou posted:

So while being fairly entertaing, the absolute best thing Reacher has accomplished is remind the Forum of the awesomeness that was Banshee :allears:

I never finished the series but the seasons I did watch were awesome.

Also, Anthony Starr should be a much bigger star. He reminds me a little of Travis Fimmel with his screen presence and charisma, even as a bad guy. The Homelander is one of the only reasons why I watch The Boys.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

RD had the most batshit confusing call sheet I've ever seen. Massive respect to the script supervisor on that one.

E: on call sheets w the scene info, you'll get something like "Sc 34" or "Sc 205-34" if you're block shooting multiple episodes. When your script has rewrites (much less common in TV than film), you can get something like "Sc A34", meaning a scene inserted before 34. RD by the end had scene numbers like "108-45pt1 LOOP AA1 2:00 AM"

theflyingexecutive fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Feb 11, 2022

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hughmoris posted:

Also, Anthony Starr should be a much bigger star. He reminds me a little of Travis Fimmel with his screen presence and charisma, even as a bad guy. The Homelander is one of the only reasons why I watch The Boys.

I can't wait for the return of The Boys, but I really hope there's something coming out the same time that balances it. Last season was The Boys/Ted Lasso pairing for me, and boy did I need Lasso after watching The Boys each week.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
All things great and small

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Yesssssss

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Weird, given the casting announcements I figured that Russian Doll season 2 would have a completely new cast, but they look like they brought back a lot of them.

secretly best girl posted:

This is correct, it's also what has hosed over some of their international co-productions because some "Netflix funded" anime has just lost all international streaming rights and they never had physical releases. poo poo's just gone now in the legal realm. Loving it.

Huh, that's fascinating -- what shows?

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 11, 2022

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Double posting because I'm loving PSYCHED.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/clive-owen-jermaine-fowler-alice-braga-fx-mystery-drama-the-retreat-1235179011/

It's from The OA people, and that cast is loving lit. Get in.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
just started pam & tomy and it's full of shocking info like did y'all know tommy was a musician or something?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://deadline.com/2022/02/blade-runner-2099-sequel-series-ridley-scott-amazon-1234931521/
Amazon has ordered a Blade Runner TV series from Ridley Scott and Silka Luisa (who is currently the showrunner of the upcoming Apple TV series Shining Girls.) The series will be titled Blade Runner 2099 which, as it sounds, will take place 50 years after the latest movie.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

muscles like this! posted:

https://deadline.com/2022/02/blade-runner-2099-sequel-series-ridley-scott-amazon-1234931521/
Amazon has ordered a Blade Runner TV series from Ridley Scott and Silka Luisa (who is currently the showrunner of the upcoming Apple TV series Shining Girls.) The series will be titled Blade Runner 2099 which, as it sounds, will take place 50 years after the latest movie.

I really don't want this, the end of 2049 worked pretty much perfectly for me and also I can't imagine that world even having 50 years left in it

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don't trust Scott not to gently caress with something from his past I really like.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I want it. Give it to me and let me die.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There's already a terrible Blade Runner anime and nobody cares about it. There's more movies and games and tv shows coming.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

There's already a terrible Blade Runner anime and nobody cares about it. There's more movies and games and tv shows coming.

Yeah, Alcon (the company that produces The Expanse TV series) bought the rights to the franchise back in 2011 so they've been trying to get more stuff out of it.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don't trust Scott not to gently caress with something from his past I really like.

I assume this is going to end up as a Raised By Wolves situation where he mostly just directs some and the other person does the heavy lifting.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I assume this is going to end up as a Raised By Wolves situation where he mostly just directs some and the other person does the heavy lifting.

Milky snake replicant???

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Waiting for the Marvel 2099 crossover

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Weird, given the casting announcements I figured that Russian Doll season 2 would have a completely new cast, but they look like they brought back a lot of them.

Huh, that's fascinating -- what shows?

My brain keeps going to Little Witch Academia as the title but I know it's not that, it was something very similar I'm trying to hunt for the name of was the first (maybe only?) anime case, and I know there was talk of a j-drama series being lost to this as well. If I find a link from work I'll toss it in the thread.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Double posting because I'm loving PSYCHED.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/clive-owen-jermaine-fowler-alice-braga-fx-mystery-drama-the-retreat-1235179011/

It's from The OA people, and that cast is loving lit. Get in.

oh gently caress yes give me this poo poo immediately

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I guess it's because of COVID filming restrictions but there sure are a lot of shows about reclusive remote retreats lately

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I got all my remote locale murderer needs filled by Werewolves Within

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, Alcon (the company that produces The Expanse TV series) bought the rights to the franchise back in 2011 so they've been trying to get more stuff out of it.

Well, I’m suddenly way more interested. Those guys know how to loving run a production.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They should reboot Supermarket Sweep

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

They should reboot Supermarket Sweep

Sponsored by Amazon Fresh! And even better, all the contestants are actual delivery people who are only paid according to how they perform on the show.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Amazon already has they weird mercenary QVC livestream thing of streams of randos endlessly looking at amazon products for sale.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

feedmyleg posted:

Sponsored by Amazon Fresh! And even better, all the contestants are actual delivery people who are only paid according to how they perform on the show.

Let's go with this instead

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Hakkesshu posted:

Well, I’m suddenly way more interested. Those guys know how to loving run a production.

I'm hopeful for Blade Runner 2099, like most things, but their animated Blade Runner show was insanely ugly and not very compelling.

But mostly insanely ugly. The main thing that stuck out was the hair physics (there are none) but I thought the character animation looked quite stiff and the textures where flat and low poly.

(That said, I also had some problems with flat textures in the final season of The Expanse, which was normally a decent looking show, so it could be down to the production pipeline issues facing a lot of CGI heavy shows right now, e.g. Raised By Wolves).

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

I guess it's because of COVID filming restrictions but there sure are a lot of shows about reclusive remote retreats lately

Testing alone can double or triple the cost of one background actor and a lot of common filming locations are gun shy about having a whole film crew come in to shoot without buying the whole building out.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Arist posted:

I really don't want this, the end of 2049 worked pretty much perfectly for me and also I can't imagine that world even having 50 years left in it

That's my biggest problem. It has to be set in space (maybe those fabled "offworld colonies") or something, right? Otherwise it's at best The Road with artificial humans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Helen Shaver is going to be the new EP and director of the new Quantum Leap series.