Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I threw Phenomena on not knowing anything about it and what a Pleasence surprise I got :v:

Is that the movie about the guy who gets brain powers and it turns out he’s just got a tumor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Gutcruncher posted:

Is that the movie about the guy who gets brain powers and it turns out he’s just got a tumor?

no, a young girl who sleepwalks (which manifests as her outright riding busses, getting into cars, being assaulted, having conversations, etc whithout waking) also can control bugs with her mind helps donald pleasance solves a murder mystery in the alps.

Daria Argento seems to not actually know what sleepwalking *is*

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Italians loved their psychic horror/eroticism movies.

My favorite being Patrick Still Lives where Patrick gets beaned in the head by a beer bottle thrown from a car in the opening credits which puts him into a coma where he develops telekinetic powers.

Of course this leads him to killing people the entire movie for "reasons", the highlight being a young woman who gets impaled up the vagina by a floating fire poker.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Vakal posted:

Italians loved their psychic horror/eroticism movies.

My favorite being Patrick Still Lives where Patrick gets beaned in the head by a beer bottle thrown from a car in the opening credits which puts him into a coma where he develops telekinetic powers.

Of course this leads him to killing people the entire movie for "reasons", the highlight being a young woman who gets impaled up the vagina by a floating fire poker.

also a recurring theme in italian horror movies

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

An actress named Morfydd was destined to be in a fantasy production.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Morfydd was the titular Saint Maud, she's pretty good tbh

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Shoulda got the lady from the stoned elf gif imho

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Can't wait to see all of those people nude while explaining the plot with breathy accents

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Lol oh no! No famous people. Now it won't be ~prestige~

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Can't wait to see all of those people nude while explaining the plot with breathy accents

Does amazon do nudity in their shows? All the ones Ive watched on there have ultraviolence but no nudity. Bezos is a nevernude confirmed.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
GoT had like 0 famous people other than Lena Headey and it worked. hell the JJ star wars had no famous people except the returning cast.

one problem I had with the Witcher show is I can't see Henry Cavill as Geralt, I can only see Henry Cavill.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sourdough Sam posted:

I mean, Sopranos had "guitarist from E Street Band", Breaking Bad had "Malcolm in the Middle guy", and GoT had "I think I know him, oh wait that's Boromir" so prestige TV is almost always better when there's no A-listers

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Shoulda got the lady from the stoned elf gif imho

Yes. This has been a severe misstep.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

priznat posted:

Does amazon do nudity in their shows? All the ones Ive watched on there have ultraviolence but no nudity. Bezos is a nevernude confirmed.

They do. In fact Patriot has a scene consisting entirely of closeups of little cocks at the urinals

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Lovingly animated Balrog dongs ain't cheap, gotta get the savings where you can.

Cursory glance looks like they're hiring from the British Theatre bench like GoT did

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Gutcruncher posted:

They do. In fact Patriot has a scene consisting entirely of closeups of little cocks at the urinals

best representation of police on TV

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

RealityWarCriminal posted:

one problem I had with the Witcher show is I can't see Henry Cavill as Geralt, I can only see Henry Cavill.

Exact opposite. I pretty much know Geralt and get confused by the concept of a Henry Cavill.

Like why is Geralt all polished up and wearing a lame muted color Superman costume?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Gutcruncher posted:

Wild. I’ve never even heard of that show!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

super sweet best pal posted:

I still think the "They needed to make a carbon copy of A New Hope to redeem the franchise" take when TFA came out is the dumbest I've ever heard.

yeah saying "this is how it had to be" is dumb but the ol' soft reboot wasn't a terrible idea on its face

my reaction upon the movie coming out was "ah OK kinda boring choice but I get it- just uhhh do something good with the next two yeah?"

lmao

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

TheSwizzler posted:

Lovingly animated Balrog dongs ain't cheap, gotta get the savings where you can.

Cursory glance looks like they're hiring from the British Theatre bench like GoT did

I know the debate around the Balrog wings is on going, not sure what the lore status is on Balrog dong/pubes

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Gutcruncher posted:

little cocks at the urinals

that's the name of my prog rock album

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
is it wrong to say I hope the LOTR Amazon thing is a spectacular exploding dumpster fire instead of boring but sorta competent Disney-ish Content Product

I hope everyone working on it gets paid and it's also an incredible piece of poo poo

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Sourdough Sam posted:

Tom Budge

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

He's no Awkwafina.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
It's impossible to make nerds not be mad about casting because Hugo W is old, Ian Mmmkay is...alive [citation needed], you can't have Araborn, Sharpe or the Hobbits, no Andy Serkis Gollum, is Legolas even acting nowadays idk, Cate Milfchannet is probably the only one you can have with some CGI touchup.

Any other A-lister would've faced the same ire these randos they picked up from a Tesco parking lot in Cardiff , maybe even more.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i want the lotr thing to be good if im being honest with myself. :shobon: i feel like right now very few things are pointing towards that series being good, and it looks it's going to be another boring got-like telenovela

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

has anyone said Tom Bulge yet

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

A Bakers Cousin posted:

I know the debate around the Balrog wings is on going, not sure what the lore status is on Balrog dong/pubes

Flame is stored in the Balrog

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Morrfyd more like Moretits

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Witcher s2 had multiple scenes where I couldn't understand what the gently caress a character was saying because of this poo poo

JUST SAY YOUR loving LINES CLEARLY

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

doot doooo do-do-do

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Moola posted:

Witcher s2 had multiple scenes where I couldn't understand what the gently caress a character was saying because of this poo poo

JUST SAY YOUR loving LINES CLEARLY

Look just start getting used to turning on subtitles, they loving suck I know, but it’s either that or just having a vague understanding of what’s going on. And hey that’s fine too.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
is that Tom Bulge in your pants or are you just happy to stream "The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power" on Amazon Prime?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Mozi posted:

is that Tom Bulge in your pants or are you just happy to stream "The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power" on Amazon Prime?

:shittypop:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Not watching The Witcher or Chris Nolan films because I prefer dubs to subs

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Endless Trash posted:

Look just start getting used to turning on subtitles, they loving suck I know, but it’s either that or just having a vague understanding of what’s going on. And hey that’s fine too.

We watch everything with subtitles now because nobody bothers enunciating any more.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Tom bulge-a-dil is a creepy fellow

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Who else is watching Marry Me rn with J-Lo and Owen Wilson

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

We watch everything with subtitles now because nobody bothers enunciating any more.

Give me The Witcher but everyone is blasting out mid-atlantic accents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Who else is watching Marry Me rn with J-Lo and Owen Wilson

that the pupkin one?