Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Its kinda stopped being a meme at this point. People have called for both landlords (for the obvious) and renters (for giving money to the landlords) to go to the guillotine. If you make a single dollar more than the poverty line, you go to the guillotine. It's not funny anymore.

Sounds like someone's neck is getting itchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Nebrilos posted:

This sounds to me like it was written as incel propaganda.

An incel wouldn’t think that a stepdad would want to raise another man’s genetic offspring.

value-brand cereal posted:

I don't think the alcoholism and staying behind was the problem, so much as the lack of communication with the sisters AND the prior lack of compassion to other family members in medical situations.

This is not the first time he's left his sister to do all the emotional burdens, in person familial support, and legal work. I don't know how legal and medical procedures work for emergency surgeries, but having a family member not in pain or injured would be useful. At least the father wouldn't have woken up alone, or have to deal with confusing medical things while in pain. Again, he's 80 years old. Even if he's sharp as a tack, medical things would be confusing to the elderly. Maybe it's because I'm afab but have additional advocates in general medical scenarios is important. Yeah I acknowledge I'm projecting a bit on the last bit.

I wouldn’t call elder care emotional burdens. There’s an element of that but honestly it is just a straight up burden of time, money, and physical effort. The guy is just straight up leaving everything to the sister.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
r/relationships: we finally get to have sexy time!

Nebrilos posted:

Why would stepson steal the necklace multiple times only to hid it in the house where OP could find it? Why didn't he immediately pawn it the first time he stole it? And why try to steal it while she is wearing it if all the other times he stole it while it was unattended? I don't understand.

Because he either didn't have a buyer yet or hadn't planned to meet with them until later and thought he could get more than selling it at a pawn shop or couldn't get transportation to a pawn shop without involving OP. Because he's a loving trash idiot who hopefully OP can chuck in the dumpster where he belongs.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

In a similar emergency situation, my father would loving insist I stay behind and not waste the deposit.

That's what I'd do too if I'd planned a vacation with a friend or loved one and was suddenly incapacitated long term in such a way I couldn't stay and enjoy it with them. It's not like they'd be performing my hip surgery themselves or I'd be in much of a state to enjoy their company in the hospital doped up to the eyeballs. I wouldn't want them to engage in performative martyrdom for busybody observers and show everyone how much they loved me by... not doing a fun thing I wanted them to do.

That said, OP clearly sucks rear end for other unrelated reasons.

therobit posted:

I wouldn’t call elder care emotional burdens. There’s an element of that but honestly it is just a straight up burden of time, money, and physical effort. The guy is just straight up leaving everything to the sister.

Even if you don't want to use the word "burden," doing this hospital liaison stuff is still definitely emotional labor which OP unsurprisingly leaves to a female relative due to the kind of person he is.

AITA for telling dirty jokes to someone, resulting in them sabotaging my grades?

quote:

I’m in a bio class with an in-person lab. Our group is me, 2 guys, and a girl. One of the guys I knew a bit (Nate), but I was pared with the girl who I hadn’t met (Trisha).

Nate and I met up to study, and he knows Trisha from another class and invited her to join. I found out she is really smart, and I’m shocked because I wouldn’t guess it. Nate left early so it was just us and I start asking other things to get to know her better, and she got more friendly to me too (this is important).

We all met up again another day and Nate asked Trisha if her boyfriend goes to our uni. She says he works a trades job which blows my mind. I have family in trades so I know their value, but how this brilliant girl and her boyfriend get along doesn’t make sense to me. I made a joke about how he must be good in bed to keep her and they laughed, so she clearly knew it was a joke.

The next time we’re in lab, the experiment needed to be done in a smaller sealed room so its just the two of us (COVID restrictions, everyone comes in at diff times during the period). I made some dirty jokes that I don’t remember but for example I made a joke about the style of necklace she was wearing, and another one about the liquid we’re using for tests. We finished the lab and she was quiet and texting while we’re supposed to be cleaning up so I teased her and took her phone until she cleaned up.

She didn’t answer mine or Nate’s questions when we asked her about the report, and I noticed she wasn’t in the lecture call either. I thought I would just ask her about it at our next lab, but she didn’t show up to that either which screwed me over because I was left without a partner. I asked her friend and she was really rude to me, and the lab tech told me to join a group and wouldn’t tell me where Trisha was. I thought maybe she had COVID so I texted her to ask, because she could have given it to me last week and it’s irresponsible to not let me know what’s going on.

She FINALLY responded that she didn’t have COVID but wasn’t feeling well, but she’s still didn’t come to lab. I know where she studies and I went to investigate and she was sitting with her friends and looks fine to me. I was complaining to Nate before lab that she is screwing me over and her friend overhead and got mad at me, saying I had ‘creeped her out’ with my jokes and that Trisha was scared of me which is bullshit because we were all joking together. Even if I crossed a line she could have said something to me instead of sabotaging my grades by abandoning me. And if she’s telling people I’m a creep because of things taken out of context that could damage me, especially if she’s telling staff (which I assume she had to do to stop doing labs).

AITA for assuming that she was ok with my jokes because she laughed at them a lot before and kept agreeing to meet up with us and work?

EDIT: If people could stop calling me stalker and a rapist that would be great.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Invisible Clergy posted:

r/relationships: we finally get to have sexy time!

AITA for telling dirty jokes to someone, resulting in them sabotaging my grades?

op deleted the jokes below but thanks to user Millhouse_housen, they managed to save what op said. and it's as horrific as you can believe. putting this at top comment for others to see

quote:

He deleted it but he told her that because she wore a choker she must like to be choked, and apparently made another "joke" about the substance looking like semen. I don't know if he made any comments involving her there but still a loving creep.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
r/relationships: EDIT: If people could stop calling me stalker and a rapist that would be great

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Slo-Tek posted:

Hospitals during Covid are complete bullshit, and there is shockingly little contact allowed even by close relations. While there is clearly some uncontrolled alcoholism going on, if I did some drunk poo poo and got in hospital over it, I also wouldn't wish any of the rest of my vacation party to have to get a hotel in a different city and sit there waiting for visitors hours, when they couldn't do anything useful, and maybe not even be able to smuggle me booze.

Maybe a new line item in the pre-vacation checklist, get clear on who, if anybody, has to go home when somebody else gets their dumb rear end emergency evaced.

So, my judgement is that while as the dude acknowledges, it sounds bad, he probably couldn't have done much if he had followed dad to hospital.

I really can see it both ways, but here’s the core problem: if my parent had a major injury and had to go to the hospital and I decided not to visit them, then they subsequently died, I would be unglued. It just isn’t worth the drat risk. It’s not about the fishing, it’s about the time spent together.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
I’ll always remember the last words my father ever said to me: “god drat this hurts! I’m in severe pain, why are you drinking that beer? I need to go to the hospital!”

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Slo-Tek posted:

Maybe a new line item in the pre-vacation checklist, get clear on who, if anybody, has to go home when somebody else gets their dumb rear end emergency evaced.

So, my judgement is that while as the dude acknowledges, it sounds bad, he probably couldn't have done much if he had followed dad to hospital.

Someone has to be on call to answer questions. If only the dad had a family member close by, someone who was already off on vacation and had the time to stick with him.

Nah, the busy sister 1500 miles away in Texas can do that

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Just the headline: Ask Amy: People think we’re a couple but she won’t leave her lousy boyfriend

Plot twist:OP is a woman

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Has this been posted? I searched and didn't see it.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

T Bowl posted:

Has this been posted? I searched and didn't see it.

of all shows, thats the one the rear end in a top hat picked?

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

TheWeedNumber posted:

of all shows, thats the one the rear end in a top hat picked?

Hey guys I just got back from the future! Here's spoilers for the new Batman: Batman catches the riddler. sorry to ruin your movie experience!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hughlander posted:

op deleted the jokes below but thanks to user Millhouse_housen, they managed to save what op said. and it's as horrific as you can believe. putting this at top comment for others to see

That fucker's all over the comments whining. "I would explain them if I thought people wouldn't latch on and lose their poo poo.", "I deleted it because people flipped the gently caress out like I thought they would. Someone DMd me and said they want to know my school so they can get me expelled if Trish hasn't reported me already so I deleted it for my safety because you people are loving insane."

Just straight to the acid vat with him.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

She took some jokes I made out of context and got all creeped out and offended

What were the jokes? I deleted them because everyone got all creeped out and offended!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Hey, I bet you like it when your boyfriend chokes you and that right there looks like semen.

These comments were taken totally out of context, you’d understand if you knew we were doing a class project in the science lab at school.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

"That was taken out of context" = "but I don't want to get in trouble for saying that"

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for blowing up at my wife for going to her gender-reveal appointment without me?

quote:

My wife and I are expecting our first baby together, We made an appointment to find out the gender of the baby. To me, this is very important (I had hopes for a boy) unfortunately, the day of the dr appointment I had to attend my friend's birthday that I remembered last minute. I asked my wife if we could cancel the appointment and go another day but she looked shocked that I even considered canceling the appointment and going to my friend's birthday, I said I had no choice. She said canceling the dr appointment was off the table because these appointments are restricted to specific time and date and we can't miss it so she'll go alone. I told her no because that'd be selfish of her and besides this will ruin the news of finding out if the baby is a boy or a girl. She cut the discussion and told me to go to the birthday party. I did then later found out she didn't cancel the dr appointment and went with her mom. I came home seething and blew up at her. I started arguing with her about going behind my back and doing this without me. She said it wasn't her fault I prioritized a party over my child. I told her I didn't prioritize anything; she literally could've canceled and we would've went another day but clearly, she was trying to steer the fight to a direction where I look like the neglectful and irresponsible one. We fought some then she said I'm probably angry with her because it's a girl but I responded that she was wrong. She went outside the room claiming I was "stressing her out". now acts like I owe her an apology on top of everything else but I feel upset and like I was decieved by her.

AITA?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Did I read that right? He just grabbed her phone from her "teasingly" and held on to it until he was satisfied she was done cleaning?

Phones are normally close to $1k in cost that's literally into the grand theft felony territory.

It's pretty clear he doesn't think rules or boundaries apply to him and that TA who refused to tell him where she was probably though he was going to stalk her or something.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

pentyne posted:

Did I read that right? He just grabbed her phone from her "teasingly" and held on to it until he was satisfied she was done cleaning?

Phones are normally close to $1k in cost that's literally into the grand theft felony territory.

It's pretty clear he doesn't think rules or boundaries apply to him and that TA who refused to tell him where she was probably though he was going to stalk her or something.

The entire comment section has him saying these things are normal and other people telling him that no, what the gently caress's the matter with him.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
We say we're realistically preparing women for STEM, yet I receive consequences for my actions. Curious.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

We say we're realistically preparing women for STEM, yet I receive consequences for my actions. Curious.

I think this is what they call cancel culture

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for telling my girlfriend that yes, the gym is more important to me than her and her daughter?

quote:

I (32m) have been dating my girlfriend (29f) for about 18 months. She has the cutest little 4-year-old daughter from a previous relationship.

As our relationship has progressed I've been spending more and more time at my girlfriend's place, to the point that I've all but moved in with them. This is mostly just because it's logistically easier for me to go to her place since she has a kid and I don't.

I work from 4:30 pm to 2:30 am. I get to bed by 4 am and then wake up around noon and then on most days head off to the gym and spend about two hours there total. I like to work out; it makes me feel good, keeps me healthy, and I also consider it a professional responsibilty to stay in shape. Working 10 hour shifts means that I don't have a ton of time in between shift but that I also have more days off than most working people.

This was never a problem until I (basically) moved in with my girlfriend. Suddenly lately when I wake up and try to head off to the gym she's all "Oh, it's all about you, huh?" Or "You only care about doing what you need to do. [My daughter] doesn't understand why you are leaving and why you don't want to spend time with us."

The last time things came to a head. When my girlfriend started objecting to my going to the gym I told her "I'll see you and [your daughter] for a little bit before I go off to work and then tomorrow I'm off and don't have a workout scheduled so we'll have the whole day together. But I have to get my workout in today. It's a priority."

She then responded "So, the gym is a priority, but me and [my daughter] aren't? If you want to be part of this family it's not all about you anymore. So what's more important to you? The gym, or us?"

I responded "Well, if you're going to force me to choose instead of making room for something that you know is important to me, then I guess I have to choose the gym." I then left.

I'm sitting in my own apartment now. Things may be over. In fairness I should note that she wasn't insisting that I never go to the gym again; she just wanted to renegotiate my schedule. But I was unwilling because I felt as if that would get in the way of my goals. AITA?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for blowing up at my wife for going to her gender-reveal appointment without me?

I had to attend my friend's birthday that I remembered last minute.

Lmao, no you didn't you idiot. I'm sure friend would understand that you had a gender-reveal appointment planned.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

pentyne posted:

He did stalk her, too.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Mx. posted:

AITA for telling my girlfriend that yes, the gym is more important to me than her and her daughter?

Gains Goblin- BEGONE!

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

pentyne posted:

Oh right, Teaching Assistant.

My brain was wondering why the staff member was The rear end in a top hat for a solid 10 seconds

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for passive-aggressively calling out a friend who undermined my leadership?

Oh my god, just pick up the phone and call him to sort it out. The internet cannot solve this problem for you.

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for taking my kids to the beach alone instead of waiting for my husband?

Look I get it, it sucks to miss those moments like the first time your kids see the ocean. But if you want to see the look on their face you gotta be there.

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for what I told my mother In Law when she asked to be in the delivery room?

Dude it is her body, she gets to decide. It's not a performance.

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for threatening to uninvite my mom to the wedding when she expressed doubts about my fiancée?

Lmao. Perfect use of the spoiler.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Soylent Pudding posted:

quote:

INFO: first off ??? Jesus, I swear I came here thinking I was somewhat justified in my frustration but I was wrong it seems. Although I just wanna point out that I did not just go to the party without telling my wife and having a discussion with her first. Also the friend lives 2 hours away so I had to leave at 2 and the appoitment was at 4. I did not know she went and I would've appreciated it if she at least was upfront with me about what she did. She could've said she was going anyway but instead told me to go to the party and had me thinking she was going to cancel and reschedule.

EDIT For those who are speculating on the type of parent I am/will be really don't know enough to make those assumptions so I'd appreciate it if you'd just focus on the conflict I just presented.

quote:

I don't think rescheduling the appointment meant that I prioritized a party over my child. Besides that my wife's final words before I left were "fine, go" then I find out that she went with her mom. I would've skipped the party had I knew she was going to go anyway.
best of luck to this brain genius's wife and future kid.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Re: necklace thief stepson, I assumed he was doing something creepy with the necklace and deliberately leaving it to be found. Then when she started wearing it constantly, he had to escalate to creeping directly on her instead of just whacking it to her necklace. But maybe the internet has just poisoned my brain.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

wheatpuppy posted:

Re: necklace thief stepson, I assumed he was doing something creepy with the necklace and deliberately leaving it to be found. Then when she started wearing it constantly, he had to escalate to creeping directly on her instead of just whacking it to her necklace. But maybe the internet has just poisoned my brain.

He’s going to sabotage the washing machine so she has to check it, isn’t he? :ohdear:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
There’s also the possibility that he kept leaving it in strange places in order to establish to anyone else that she had been misplacing it for when he finally does steal it.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

therobit posted:

An incel wouldn’t think that a stepdad would want to raise another man’s genetic offspring.

Especially when the child is female.
Oh and the MIL being on his side.

Inceldom would never restrict the misogyny to just "spouse/SO".

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Invisible Clergy posted:

OP posted:

I touched her back but we're wearing lab coats so I could have touched her butt by accident because her coat is so shapeless.

:stare:

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
My mental image of that guy in my head changed dramatically as I kept reading
Like we started with "basic college bro idiot" and gradually went to "Brainy from Hey Arnold"

Grape fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 12, 2022

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

wheatpuppy posted:

I wonder if it might actually be legitimate kleptomania. Where it's just about the compulsive need to steal rather than to actually get anything from it? It would explain why he never tried to sell it or keep it somewhere out of reach.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Captain Fargle posted:

I wonder if it might actually be legitimate kleptomania. Where it's just about the compulsive need to steal rather than to actually get anything from it? It would explain why he never tried to sell it or keep it somewhere out of reach.

This was my thought, what greater thrill than to steal it directly off her body?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

To be clear, when I said emotional burden I meant it's pretty emotionally devastating to be alone and watch your parent / family member go from ordinary active life to the hospice and eventual death. I don't know if the Aunt was available for mutual support when the mother was entering the hospice, much less the whole situation. It just sounds like the OP brother sucks at caring about anyone but himself. Elderly Care is difficult and there is such thing as caretaker burn out when one doesn't have a support network. But elderly people themselves aren't a burden, it's important to give the best possible care for such a vulnerable group in society, and I apologize if I wasn't clearer about that.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I hope this isn't too many for a single post.

spoilers for mild mentions of ableism and non sexual child abuse? It's nothing explicit but just to be on the safe side.
Posted byu/daigwettheo
AITA For not allowing family to see my daughter until after they explain why she wet herself?

quote:

My daughter is seven and autistic, partially verbal. During high stress situations she goes mute. Anyway, she went to my sisters house all happy on Friday. It was a whole family get together, I had to run snd deliver some packages, I was gone for like half an hour.

Anyway when I got back she was in different clothes and very clearly upset. I asked what happened and my sister told me she wet herself after she couldn't have a chocolate pop.

Now, heres the thing with my girl; she would never wet herself purposefully. She has extreme anxiety surrounding her toileting, to the point of therapy. I dont know what this anxiety is caused by, but its pretty severe. She was clearly very distressed so I just took her home. In the car she broke down sobbing, but was unable to tell me what happened.

As soon as we got home she took herself upstairs and put a pull up on (pull ups being accessible for her is a recommendation, so she has more control over herself) and has been super cuddly since. She hasnt been using her aav devices or signing at all. She has two therapists and she's due to see them both in the next week to see if they'll be able to help me understand what happened.

Family have been awful. My sister, mainly, who is still claiming that she was being a brat and is doing this all for attention.

I've since told every family member they will not be seeing her or me until the truth has been told. Which may be overkill, but I dont think my daughter would want to see anyone anyway.

Obviously this has upset a lot of people, especially those who dont know what happened. I'm standing by my statement - if my sister wont tell me off her own back, pressure from other family members may help her along.

I'm slightly concerned I'm being a major rear end, though, to those who want to see her and now cant. I'm starting to feel quite bad, despite having explained my situation in full.

Am I the rear end here?

ETA; I am my daughters father. Although I do appreciate the mama bear comments lol.

Posted byu/sleepycactua
AITA for napping in the car because my parents are fighting? It bothers the neighbors.

quote:

I live in a suburban subdivision, it's a relatively wealthy area and people can be a little uptight about their houses and be kind of busy bodies.

I just graduated high school and am living with my parents over the summer until college. My parents and brother fight a lot. With each other in different combinations, or with all three of them. They are all very hot tempered and all can be pretty crazy and escalate things to a bad degree. It sucks being quarantined with them. Sometimes they even yell late into the night or early in the morning so I don't get sleep. Like they do not know how to shelve something for later, if they have a disagreement starting around midnight they will stay up and yell for literally hours

Not to mention my brother got a girl pregnant and she and the baby are over more often than not recently. He and she don't get along well, and the baby cries like babies do. So that's just another reason I can't get any sleep sometimes

I've taken to driving my car elsewhere in the neighborhood and sleeping in the back. My car's back seats fold down flat and I put a matress and blankets in there.

I usually won't sleep the whole night there, I'll try to sleep at home first and if I don't sleep well at home I'll leave in the middle of the night and catch a few hours sleep in the car before dawn. Or if I didn't get good sleep the night before I'll go out in the car for a daytime nap

It's legal for me to park in the streets of the subdivision, I have a residential parking pass. And it's not against the law to sleep in the car where I live. But some of my neighbors have gotten mad at me over it. Five different people, because I park in a different place every time, have told me that I can't do it. Some of the reasons they give is that I am parking too close to their houses, that it is not safe for a young lady to do this, that it makes their families uncomfortable to have a person in a strange car outside at night.

I've told them that I have the parking permit that lets me park there and I'm not doing anything but sleeping. And they're not really been okay with that. Saying that I still can't be doing that.

WIBTA if I still sometimes took naps or slept in my car in my neighborhood?

gently caress the neighbors, imo. Man I wish this kid had a safer place to rest. This sounds like hell. This wa sposted 2 years ago, hence the quarantine thing. I do like people in the comments suggesting how to do this safely. Ah, solidarity.

AITA for fishing when my vegan cousins are visiting

quote:

Alright so, my vegan cousins are visiting from California in June, and before you object, we live on a rural farm and they're following all hygiene protocols when traveling so virus transmission is slim to none. But anyway, since we live on a farm, there's a lake on the land we own and I like to go fishing there every once in a while. Now, I've told them this so they know, but they've said stuff like, "If you fish, we're not coming", and "You abuse fish by fishing". The thing is, I stop after I catch one fish, and I only do it like 3 times a week, so it's not like I'm poaching an elephant every day. So yeah, AITA for fishing while they're here?

Edit: yes, i will be cooking the fish while they’re here, but i’ll be cooking it outside far from the actual house so the smell doesn’t annoy them.

This reminds me of that story where the OP's and their girlfriend was going to visit hawaii but the GF was 'allergic' to fish and wanted everyone in the apartment building to not cook fish, lest she smell it.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The "Please stop calling me a rapist and a stalker" boy just won't quit

Posted in r/advice as the title and question

What can I do to ask for forgiveness and minimize damage?

quote:

Thanks for caring about my mental health I guess. I'm mostly upset that they're believing her lies because I know the truth and I came to terms with it. I want to stay until I get the best advice because I don't think I have everything yet but then I'll let it go.

quote:

Don't see how considering it's an appliance and not a part of her body. And she could have asked and I would give it back. But that doesn't matter because that's not what I'm asking advice for. I know I was an rear end in a top hat, I accept it, we covered that. I didn't assault her.

quote:

If I go to the counselor and say shes telling 100% the truth, then I'm the liar because they're saying I was sexually violent against her and I know I wasn't and I wont say that I was.

quote:

She probably did at some point is what I'm saying. I'm not careful with my body acting like I have glass bones so sometimes I bump into people or things or whatever, and most people are probably the same. I could say that she touched me accidentally passing flasks or notes or something and she can't dispute it because I say it happened and she doesn't remember. I have not written 100 posts but people aren't listening and I can't even argue on the AITA post anymore and I'm too tired to argue here. Point is it wouldn't bother me if she touched me accidentally because I know it's an accident, and she thinks it's malicious from me.

quote:

I touched her back but we're wearing lab coats so I could have touched her butt by accident because her coat is so shapeless. I think just saying 'move' is rude.

And some of the original

quote:

I explained this already. It was poorly worded in the post because I had to cut things out but I meant I was happy she was actually smart because I was worried she wouldn't be based on the way she talked and dressed, and it loving sucks to have a stupid lab partner. It's barely better than having no lab partner, which is the poo poo I'm dealing with now.

quote:

I meant she should know that guys talk like that and that it's not targeted to her or supposed to single her out. I did say a few things that singled her out and I accept that but most of it was just general and nothing to do with her. To say I'm sexist is simply not true. I treated her like I would treat a male lab partner, but instead I was supposed to pretend like she never had/heard of sex before in her life. Got it.

quote:

But she's not telling the truth, she's telling people I threatened her with violence and touched her rear end and poo poo that I absolutely did not do. Just because some of what she's saying is true doesn't mean everything is. It's not black and white like that, I accept I'm an rear end in a top hat but she's trying to harm me now and talking poo poo about me to my friends and people who control my future.

quote:

I never said anything about sex with choking. It's not my fault how she interprets it, but I wont make jokes like that again because I get how they are inappropriate.

quote:

We were in a tiny loving room, working together on the same project. How am I supposed to avoid touching her in that situation? Why do they even let girls have male lab partners if this is such a common and scary thing for them? Like I said, I get that I'm an rear end in a top hat but her expectations are unrealistic. If I need to get past someone and I don't want the to drop the expensive equipment, I'm going to touch them to let them know I'm there. If I'm taking a beaker from someone, our gloved hands might touch. Gasp!

And about the phone thing: Trish wasn't cleaning and we're both supposed to do that. Was I supposed to give her poo poo and order her to clean? Surely if she was so scared of me, that would make her even more scared. I feel like I was put in a no-win scenario with her.

quote:

I guess I can see that she might just laugh to be polite. I'm not actually self centered I'm just worried about my grades because I'm supposed to graduate at the end of this semester and if she ruins my GPA because of this, I'm screwed for any postgrad program. I don't think it's fair that she can claim sexual harassment because we were in a room alone together and I made some jokes. Our program is mostly guys so she should be used to that situation by now and realize its not dangerous, or just tell them she doesn't like those jokes. I did flirt with her a bit before I knew she had a boyfriend but now I'm worried she could take this further. If I went to a counselor, could they help me tell my side of things in case she tries to twist things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I'm kinda NTA on gym boyfriend. She wants someone who prioritizes her and her daughter, so they aren't going to be a compatible couple. But it's kind of OK if he has different priorities. They should split up, though.