Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Outside of Sims and the crazed, batshit author of Sinfest, what other comic-writers have publicly lost their poo poo?

Frank Miller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Outside of Sims and the crazed, batshit author of Sinfest, what other comic-writers have publicly lost their poo poo?

he was always crazy but that guy who did that lovely comic that had stuff like 'Yu gi oh card rarity proves evolution is fake' and one where the punchline is literally just 'I hope Obama gets shot' to the point where he lost his job with DC also went hard in the paint for some dumb water MLM and his rebuttal was 'this UFC is in it, would a UFC guy be in a stupid idea?????' and drawing the UFC guy beating up people who call it a scam. So he went a different flavor of crazy.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

John Byrne.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Does the Dilbert guy count?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Did he ever have his poo poo to begin with?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ethan Van Sciver.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

christmas boots posted:

From recent interviews it seems like Miller has returned to a base level of poo poo having, having turned the page on some of his more off-the-wall statements.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I think Miller might have survived cancer or something, he was looking absolutely gaunt a few years ago.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

christmas boots posted:

In this vein, Alan Moore

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Detective No. 27 posted:

I think Miller might have survived cancer or something, he was looking absolutely gaunt a few years ago.
I'd say meth

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Alexander Hamilton posted:

In this vein, Alan Moore

Alan Moore was born a crabby wizard, this checks out.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I tend to forget that Frank Miller and Alan Moore are two different people. They just blend together in my mind.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
How?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I can understand mixing up Moore and Grant Morrison since they both have that similar fourth wall introspective approach but Miller is so distinct from Moore.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I tend to forget that Frank Miller and Alan Moore are two different people. They just blend together in my mind.

Trying to imagine Frank Miller's version of Watchmen right now.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

christmas boots posted:

its called The Dark Knight Strikes Again

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Moore wrote a parody of Miller's Daredevil that is pretty good

The rest is here.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
To be fair, they both look like people you would find at a Games Workshop store.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

christmas boots posted:

There actually is a mask killer and it's a Soviet plot that Rorschach stops and Nixon gives him a medal.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Moore wrote a parody of Miller's Daredevil that is pretty good

The rest is here.

"VOTE FOR CHERRYH"? What, they'd vote for a Foreigner? :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Detective No. 27 posted:

I can understand mixing up Moore and Grant Morrison since they both have that similar fourth wall introspective approach but Miller is so distinct from Moore.

Both of them immediately took psychic damage upon you posting this and I have no doubt that Moore is planning on cursing you for saying such a thing.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Did Alan Moore ever sell his magic wizard cave?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
He made a movie recently that was pretty good and extremely Alan Moore.

Frank Millar, as said, seems to have come back around. Trump really woke him up from his 9/11 insanity.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh yeah I went and saw that movie in theaters, Alan Moore was in it and it was good.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I can understand mixing up Moore and Grant Morrison since they are both magic users.

Vandar posted:

Both of them immediately took psychic damage upon you posting this and I have no doubt that Moore is planning on cursing you for saying such a thing.

GRANT MORRISON uses CHAOS SEX RITUAL

It is EFFECTIVE

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Kwyndig posted:

Oh yeah I went and saw that movie in theaters, Alan Moore was in it and it was good.

The Kingsmen prequel? Wait…that one wasn’t good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I AM GRANDO posted:

The Kingsmen prequel? Wait…that one wasn’t good.

No, Alan Moore wrote a movie called The Show.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

And starred as a spooky magician/lounge entertainer.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

That looks amazing! I had no idea. I’m glad Moore finally got a film credit he wants to keep in the movie.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Warren Ellis didn't so much lose his poo poo as get his poo poo handed to him by being outed as a giant sexpest.

https://www.somanyofus.com/

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Getting all these old british dudes with beards who think they are magicians and wrote comics at some point confused

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Desert Bus posted:

Warren Ellis didn't so much lose his poo poo as get his poo poo handed to him by being outed as a giant sexpest.

I did not know this but it is also the least surprising thing I've ever read.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

hallo spacedog posted:

I did not know this but it is also the least surprising thing I've ever read.

I still am able to enjoy his novels "Normal" and "Gun Machine" (unless i'm mentally blocking out some stuff) but i'm scared to ever try a Transmetropolitan re-read. Your reaction is pretty much the same as everyone who has read a bunch of his superhero comics though. I know he put out an apology but I can't recall how good it was or how it went over. I stopped paying attention to him after this all came out.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

Desert Bus posted:

This one hurt, because there's a lot of stuff Ellis wrote that I love and Transmetropolitan had a legit good influence on me. Always suck when someone you respect turns out to be a total dickbag.

But the guy IS a massive dickbag, and the way he got his rear end handed to him through some strong truth-to-power writing and journalism is exactly the type of thing that Spider Jeruzalem would have approved of.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Is there any man in any branch of the entertainment world who isn't a horrible monster?

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Rick Moranis.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I always enjoyed his non-super stuff more than his superhero stuff, and I'd like to believe that Crecy, Fell, Doktor Sleepless, Ignition City etc. still hold up, but I'd rather keep the good memories of them than have them ruined by my constantly noticing creepy poo poo, and if it's there, I WILL notice.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mister Kingdom posted:

Is there any man in any branch of the entertainment world who isn't a horrible monster?

Kevin Smith seems to mostly be obnoxiously in love with his wife?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mark Hamill is probably as big of a harmless nerd as he seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

iirc “Weird Al” Yankovic is every bit as kind and friendly as a person might hope for