Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Also doing Vykas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Rolling Vykas for F2P

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
"Overcompensating" is not an allowed name for my artillery man :(

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

fast cars loose anus posted:

I wonder when, if ever, MMO developers will figure out that tying characters to servers and not having 100% crossplay is absolute stage 4 cancer for your game. "Maybe you can play with your friends in a week when they've had 40+ hours of game time you don't come back later and see" is not conducive to me trying your game, free or not.

See also character names being unique per server/region. One of the few things Star Trek Online did right was only requiring your account name be unique. Individual character names would appear as typed in normal play but in chat/social menus as charactername@accountname like an email address. So everyone who wanted to could name their character "Weed Goku" without having to use special characters/odd spellings.

HungryHungryHobo
Jan 4, 2020
So I just unlocked my stronghold and thought this was going to be some personal/housing type thing but apparently other people can see it?

Hope they aren't too serious about names. I thought I was the only one who would see Cumelot.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

5 minutes in, because of me, everyone is screaming RIP HORSE in chat and we collectively named him Lil Sebastian.

This is my new favorite game.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
the problem with games like these is that i always end up constantly debating between naming a main Thumbtacks (some gently caress took Tacks on my server) or maining a character named like Cockhard or something. I feel like the second one is funnier

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I'm just an hour in so my character is still on baby training wheels difficulty, but this kind of kicks rear end? I'm playing a gunslinger and the attacks are punchy enough that using them feels great, better than Diablo ever did.

HungryHungryHobo
Jan 4, 2020

Thumbtacks posted:

the problem with games like these is that i always end up constantly debating between naming a main Thumbtacks (some gently caress took Tacks on my server) or maining a character named like Cockhard or something. I feel like the second one is funnier

I made a serious RP name in FFXIV because I assumed that's what the community was like and running around I have seen so many hilarious meme names that would have never lasted in WoW that I kinda regret going with the RP name.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

HungryHungryHobo posted:

I made a serious RP name in FFXIV because I assumed that's what the community was like and running around I have seen so many hilarious meme names that would have never lasted in WoW that I kinda regret going with the RP name.

yeah i'll probably remake them now before they get too high of a level. apparently you can't delete characters on a "registration day" i have no idea what that means but i assume it's becase servers just went up today, so i'll have to do it later tonight. I need to figure out a better face, it's hard making weird faces for male characters. makeup does so much heavy lifting for female characters, plus they ahve better bad hair options.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Who knew I'd find this second part of the main story more interesting with fighting a regular-sized pirate parrot than dealing with an angsty priest or prince. Still a ton of filler but I guess I'm just killing time with this game, anyway.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is there a way to disable the NPC grunting and moaning in the background? poo poo is annoying if I just want to idle for a bit while fiddling with my inventory.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I managed to make it to level 50 with an ilevel of 234 and the game won't let me into chaos dungeons, even solo. That's extremely lame. Is there an easier way to gear up or is it back to steampunk island for me? :sigh:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sindai posted:

I managed to make it to level 50 with an ilevel of 234 and the game won't let me into chaos dungeons, even solo. That's extremely lame.

Finished story yet?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Finally tried playing with a controller..with some minor edits to the key bindings, this game is so much more enjoyable to play.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
does it have a natural setup for controller? i can't imagine how it would be set up but i could see this being a LOT more comfortable with one.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I just tried this game and it is definitely not Path of Exile. oh well :(

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Sindai posted:

I managed to make it to level 50 with an ilevel of 234 and the game won't let me into chaos dungeons, even solo. That's extremely lame. Is there an easier way to gear up or is it back to steampunk island for me? :sigh:

Finish the story.

edit: or boost a character and they’ll start at 302

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Thumbtacks posted:

does it have a natural setup for controller? i can't imagine how it would be set up but i could see this being a LOT more comfortable with one.

I thought the default setup for the abilities was kind of nonsensical, but the worst was the default "g" /interact button. Was all easy enough to change though and being able to walk/move with a joystick rather than point and click to move (painful for periods due to both carpal and cubital issues) makes it all :discourse:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Is the game noticeably laggier now than headstart for anyone else?

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

2DCAT posted:

Finally tried playing with a controller..with some minor edits to the key bindings, this game is so much more enjoyable to play.

Hahaha I kid you not I popped in here to ask if this game had good controller support.

I suppose I’m downloading this sucker.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Anyone who bought a founder's pack get their extra stuff yet?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
When do you start seeing the cool armors? I figured the game would just throw different designs at you and just vomit things out of the cash shop. Have we just not got it yet?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
uh so do female martial artists really get 3 subclasses while the males get 1 or is that just weird UI poo poo

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

uh so do female martial artists really get 3 subclasses while the males get 1 or is that just weird UI poo poo

That is correct, all classes are gender locked.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Female martial artists get 3, men get 1. Classes are originally single gender, with the other one (for martial artist and gunner at least) coming later, so male martial artists have to be striker and female gunners have to be gunslingers.

On the subject of classes, what datamined classes are we talking about? I do like the sound of an alchemist.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
That's weird but ok. I don't particularly care what gender my character is but I don't really want to play striker so female MA it is

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Heads up, Amazon seems to have hosed something up again and you can now attempt to join and create a character on the supposed-to-be-closed non-f2p servers.

Female Martial Artist and Male Martial Artist are just two completely different unrelated classes with similar themes. It's not actually a gender option. It's like that in a lot of korean MMOs, where each class is basically one specific character.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
God dammit, I just watched some vids of Artist/Painter/Pictomancer gameplay. Now I'm half tempted to wait until they add that job to the game, because holy poo poo I would like to be Relm Arrowny in Diablo, yes please and thank you.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Heads up, Amazon seems to have hosed something up again and you can now attempt to join and create a character on the supposed-to-be-closed non-f2p servers.

Apparently this is intentional, they're just opening everything and hoping it works out.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Intentional, actually.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

They’re opening and closing creation based on how congested a server is.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Picked a deathblade because juggling 3 swords is funny. Combat is good but hella basic so far. My abilities seem to be 6 different varieties of "do close-range damage". I see that the ability skill trees will probably make them specialize. I appreciate the QOL UI element of telling me when I'm hitting from the back.

Goons weren't kidding about mashing G. Lots of pointless dialogue. I just wanna dungeon. Using an xbox series x controller and it's good but as I learn more I'll probably rebind, just reaching to my keyboard to hit g to skip since the default skip is pressing in the left stick (which weirdly works fine as an interact button, just not skip.)

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Already feeling MMO fatigue set in at level 24. I don't know how many different games I can play throughout my life where I mash the skip button through hours of NPC dialog and cutscenes while running between heavily telegraphed quest markers just to get to the good part. The combat feels pretty good when it's actually happening but I'm finding it difficult to keep track of my cursor and aim skills appropriately, and anything multiplayer feels pretty wonky with how much hits move enemies around, it's usually one person fighting while the other 3 whiff attacks in the spot where the enemies were before the first person attacked. Those will hopefully get better with familiarity though

I went with Soul...fist? Having a bunch of DBZ moves is neat but it feels very underwhelming so far, just pressing 8 non-flashy attack skills on cooldown, and they all have really small areas of effect and awkward ranges. Plus many of them move me slightly or move enemies a lot and both of those things are very annoying. It's overall an irritating class to play as so far because it extends its melee attacks by giving them additional range instead of making them hit a wider area and that seems really at odds with the type of game that this is. Hopefully the last few skills give me some AoE that feels usable.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 12, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Oh neat!
I checked the twitter and didn't see anything about it but I didn't think to look at their forums.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Is it feasible to play the game solo, and which class is best if so?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Anything other than Bard/Paladin should work for soloing.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Unlucky7 posted:

Is there a way to disable the NPC grunting and moaning in the background? poo poo is annoying if I just want to idle for a bit while fiddling with my inventory.

Try the sound sliders. It's part of the "atmospherics" or somesuch. I turned it down rather than off and my sanity is ok now

Biggest tip Overall (again) - Download the Korean VO and use that.

It might reduce the groans too, not sure. Definitely makes the story shgit bearable. The subtitles let you follow if you want.

Some people are (understandably) put off by the bullshit story quests and are bothered that it gets in the way of the almost universally praised combat. Well, have a look at some Korean vids of end game stuff, raids etc. poo poo looks amazing. Like a trippy mmorpg laser party bullet hellscape. Can't wait.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Starting to feel like I hosed up rolling on Valtan but I can’t make a character on any other server anyway

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Are guilds by character or account? You can only have 30 people in a guild, right? So is that 30 players, or 30 player characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Wait it’s only 30 people? Lmao