Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
"UFO Activity" is like the least remarkable thing on there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

I'd kind of like to see a Kamandi Role Playing Game, with rats and tigers and gorillas instead of orcs and elves and dwarfs.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Esplanade posted:

I'd kind of like to see a Kamandi Role Playing Game, with rats and tigers and gorillas instead of orcs and elves and dwarfs.

Do you care if it's a good RPG?

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Can't tell if I'm in the Gorilla Communes or the Expanding Tiger Empire, nor am I certain which would be preferable. Communes sounds more chill than Empire though.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

theironjef posted:

Do you care if it's a good RPG?

Don't put that evil on them.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

glitchwraith posted:

Can't tell if I'm in the Gorilla Communes or the Expanding Tiger Empire, nor am I certain which would be preferable. Communes sounds more chill than Empire though.

Until you discover that the commune was actually a Gorilla Cult a la Jonestown.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1492182521584369667?s=20&t=Y9YnV8MI3ABMRaaHruAjEw

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I'm the most interested in Black Adam just to see how the Justice Society works out on the big screen.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Is The Batman supposed to be connected to these other movies? I haven't gotten that impression. Especially since both Aquaman and Flash were in Justice League with Batfleck.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is The Batman supposed to be connected to these other movies? I haven't gotten that impression. Especially since both Aquaman and Flash were in Justice League with Batfleck.

It's a stand-alone thing.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
On the one hand I really like those JSA designs, vry shiny

On the other hand did they have to make the movie look so...yellow?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

BrianWilly posted:

On the one hand I really like those JSA designs, vry shiny

On the other hand did they have to make the movie look so...yellow?

I'm assuming its set in the fake middle east, and everyone knows the middle east is yellow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I thought that’s Mexico.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Aphrodite posted:

I thought that’s Mexico.

Both have brown people and to 'Merica its the same difference.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

I saw a trailer for a new superhero comedy that looked somewhat interesting but then saw it was being distributed by...The Daily Wire :yikes: (Hence why I am not naming or linking to the the trailer)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd be more inclined to be excited about Black Adam if i didn't think that its just going to be 2 hours of the Rock beating everyone up with zero effort and no one having a chance to take him down. He's really protective of his brand and image as "toughest guy ever".

MH Knights posted:

I saw a trailer for a new superhero comedy that looked somewhat interesting but then saw it was being distributed by...The Daily Wire :yikes: (Hence why I am not naming or linking to the the trailer)

Did someone make a movie out of one of EVS's attempts at making a right wing comic? Timefrog, the movie!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

MH Knights posted:

Oh was it that one d-bag who made a comic about him being a CIA secret agent?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MH Knights posted:

They apparently bought the distribution rights to it and didn't actually make it, which sucks for that cast and crew because no way will I watch it because of the Daily Wire connection.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Did someone make a movie out of one of EVS's attempts at making a right wing comic? Timefrog, the movie!

quote:

In 1960, Professor Ruckus Mandulbaum invented the Titan badge - a device that enables humans to have a particular super power. He took in three down-on-their-luck youths, creating an unusual family of superheroes and they quickly rose to fame and prestige. Over time, however, the commercial family fractured and the Professor replaced the team with a new set of super hero teens. Cut to 1979 when two of the original superheroes are all grown up and wanting their Titan badges back, even if it means robbing the Professor's museum and taking a few hostages accidentally.

Movie is called The Hyperions. Didn't want to like the YouTube trailer as only TDW channel has it and I don't want to give them clicks.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That doesn't sound chuddish, unless the heroes are all white males and the one female is just there for T&A.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I'd be more inclined to be excited about Black Adam if i didn't think that its just going to be 2 hours of the Rock beating everyone up with zero effort and no one having a chance to take him down. He's really protective of his brand and image as "toughest guy ever”.

This is a story made up by Vin Diesel btw.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I remember Ernie Reyes Jr. knocking the poo poo out of Dwayne in The Rundown, but that was also like 20 years ago at this point, so maybe he has more sway now

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

OnimaruXLR posted:

I remember Ernie Reyes Jr. knocking the poo poo out of Dwayne in The Rundown, but that was also like 20 years ago at this point, so maybe he has more sway now

It seems to be a common thing when folks get famous. They show up and work really hard and do whatever's asked of them but then they get famous for an extended period of time and it's weird 'equal number of punches' clauses in their contracts. (Exceptions like Keanu Reeves exist, of course.)

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Dawgstar posted:

It seems to be a common thing when folks get famous. They show up and work really hard and do whatever's asked of them but then they get famous for an extended period of time and it's weird 'equal number of punches' clauses in their contracts. (Exceptions like Keanu Reeves exist, of course.)

It's mostly funny to think about Vin Diesel hiring his sister to be a "punch counter" so he can keep tabs of who looks the coolest and most badass in movies. When did Johnson's star rise to the point that he got this weird? He was shooting up and barbecuing hands in Pain and Gain(2013).

Also contracts like this aren't rare, they just aren't usually about punches. Like Queen Latifah has a rider in all her contracts that she can't be killed during the movie, because she doesn't want to get written out of sequels.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It usually seems to come with getting old enough you start to feel the oncoming loss of physical prowess which probably makes you less willing to take an L, which is why it seems to happen more and more as those kinds of guys get older. Don't even know if that applies to The Rock but it certainly seems to be the trend with other dudes like that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Rock is like 50% human growth hormone at this point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Don’t he and Jason Statham get their asses kicked by Idris Elba?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Don’t he and Jason Statham get their asses kicked by Idris Elba?

I'm pretty sure Idris was literally a cyborg in that movie so maybe that's an exemption.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TwoPair posted:

I'm pretty sure Idris was literally a cyborg in that movie so maybe that's an exemption.

Yes he was. And yes they get their rear end kicked but then they figure out that cyber Eldra’s weakness is that once he commits to an attack he’s weak from the sides so they take turns taking a hit in slow motion while the other gets a hit in. Then the shadowy network shuts down cyber eldra and he dies.

This is all in the same grounded Fast & Furious universe.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

"grounded"

e: also man, Hobbs and Shaw was way worse than any movie featuring Eddie Marsan with a flamethrower has any right to be

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Hobbs & Shaw was somehow borderline unwatchable even though the F&F series is usually extremely entertaining schlock.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think Ryan Reynolds beats him in a fight in Red Notice too?

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Is there actually confirmation this contract stipulation is a thing, or is it hearsay from people working on films that has funnelled through the entertainment new pipeline and might not be as accurate as it would appear. A bit like how a lot of rumours saying "there's a rule that you can't look at so-and-so actor in the eyes" turned out to actually be "during shooting if you are an extra you can't stare at the lead because they're playing a scientist or whatever and not someone the general public would take any notice of'.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It definitely sounds made up. At this point the Rock is more a comedy star than big Hollywood action hero and I feel like he pratfalls more than someone hyper concerned with their image would

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Karloff posted:

Is there actually confirmation this contract stipulation is a thing, or is it hearsay from people working on films that has funnelled through the entertainment new pipeline and might not be as accurate as it would appear. A bit like how a lot of rumours saying "there's a rule that you can't look at so-and-so actor in the eyes" turned out to actually be "during shooting if you are an extra you can't stare at the lead because they're playing a scientist or whatever and not someone the general public would take any notice of'.

The last time I saw this come up someone found a clip of Reynolds saying it was crap and that he'd never heard of any modern contract stating as much.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"According to Section II, Clause 3, hereafter referred to as the Cyborg Clause, the Actor may or may not win, persuant to the Actor's discretion, if and only if..."

The thing about that supposed contract stipulation with the Rock is that if you hadn't heard about it would you ever possibly guess that was the case? The discussion that always happens whenever it's brought up, this thread being the latest example, makes it apparent that it is not some conspicuous trend in his movies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s literally from Vin Diesel and Tyrese’s feud with the Rock over Hobbs and Shaw delaying their paycheck for Fast 10.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I'm another one who finally got round to watching Eternals. It wasn't bad but I can see why it scored poorly, I think there's enough material in the Eternals canon for a better script. I did like the representation of Arishem, I've always liked big scale celestial type stuff so it worked well for me. Also like the fact that Dane was quite ready to accept that Sersi was a wizard and he believed Sprite when she said they'd killed all the devents centuries ago because after all that's happened why wouldn't you believe it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWzlQ2N6qqg

Hello, Patrick Stewart as Charles Xavier.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That sure fuckin' sounded like Patrick Stewart