Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
There is no force more annoying in the trivia world than coulda-woulda-shoulda jeopardy players and I think Davies is gonna see *real quick* how much of a mistake it is to give them something to whine about lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
yeah I will become absolutely unfuckingbearable if people get second chances and I don't. I promise you this.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
They should just reopen it to everyone again now that Alex is gone.

(She says because she is ineligible for a second chance)

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doggles posted:

Jeopardy seems to be in much more capable hands under Michael Davies.

like i said, dude Gets It, and it shows how much of a poo poo he gives about his work.

that same high standard lead to ben stein being seen as smart despite adhering to the chicago school but that's not the thread for this

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

HookShot posted:

They should just reopen it to everyone again now that Alex is gone.

(She says because she is ineligible for a second chance)

splendid humblebrag

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

like i said, dude Gets It, and it shows how much of a poo poo he gives about his work.

that same high standard lead to ben stein being seen as smart despite adhering to the chicago school but that's not the thread for this

It helps that Ben Stein talks like a stupid person's idea of a smart person.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Spokes posted:

splendid humblebrag
:dukedoge:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

second place today got really lucky that terrible final bet didn't matter

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

@BradRutter

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
I don't believe that Mayim's sitcom Call Me Kat has been officially renewed yet, but going by this article, Fox is looking to develop shows to pair with it which seems to imply it will be around for at least one more season.

Let's all hope that this show that we never watch gets an absolutely massive order of new episodes!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Jokymi posted:

I don't believe that Mayim's sitcom Call Me Kat has been officially renewed yet, but going by this article, Fox is looking to develop shows to pair with it which seems to imply it will be around for at least one more season.

Let's all hope that this show that we never watch gets an absolutely massive order of new episodes!

I'm crossing literally all the digits I have.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Jokymi posted:

I hope it never ends.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I'm genuinely curious: Does the host dress themselves like the contestants do? The colors she picked today did not go together at all and it made my eyes freak out for some reason.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

christmas boots posted:

I hope it never ends.

:emptyquote:

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I'm genuinely curious: Does the host dress themselves like the contestants do? The colors she picked today did not go together at all and it made my eyes freak out for some reason.

I think it came out a while back that Mayim was more independent in her wardrobe choices than the other hosts.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Still seems like Sony Television is determined to gently caress things up, but I’m glad the new EP gets it.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

mearn posted:

I think it came out a while back that Mayim was more independent in her wardrobe choices than the other hosts.

Yeah, this. She prefers to dress more conservatively in line with the specific branch of Judaism she adheres to (I can’t remember what it is), and a report came out that she does basically choose her own wardrobe.

Which, I have no problem with at all but she has made some choices that have been… interesting.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

HookShot posted:

Which, I have no problem with at all but she has made some choices that have been… interesting.

:same:

There's being over-critical of women's fashion choices, and then there's reacting to whatever she picks about once a week.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
'Dorgi'?

loving hell.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I feel like dachshund-corgi hybrid should have been accepted

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

HookShot posted:

Yeah, this. She prefers to dress more conservatively in line with the specific branch of Judaism she adheres to (I can’t remember what it is), and a report came out that she does basically choose her own wardrobe.

she's modern orthodox

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Ugh great another robotic weirdo in the College Championships.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

R. Guyovich posted:

she's modern orthodox

Thanks!

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

dovetaile posted:

Ugh great another robotic weirdo in the College Championships.

Wait is this airing at another time slot or something? I've just been getting normal episodes on my dvr recordings.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Wait is this airing at another time slot or something? I've just been getting normal episodes on my dvr recordings.

Yeah, it's a full hour at 8PM on ABC as their primetime answer to the Olympics. Got to say, 90 minutes of Jeopardy is way too much in a day. I'm so zoned out by the second college game.

Also is it just me or is the difficulty all over the place in the tournament?

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Yeah, it's a full hour at 8PM on ABC as their primetime answer to the Olympics. Got to say, 90 minutes of Jeopardy is way too much in a day. I'm so zoned out by the second college game.

It's not just you.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/mayim-bialik-made-a-slight-change-to-jeopardy-and-fans-cant-handle-it-064035540.html

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

definitely a fair setup for games where final score determines if you get into the finals or not lol

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Man, that article is Yahoo News as all hell

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

CPColin posted:

Man, that article is Yahoo News as all hell

Why do a journalism when you can just paste tweets?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Also, one of my favourite FB groups (arrested development Bluthposting) is getting in on the Jeopardyposting:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

christmas boots posted:

I feel like dachshund-corgi hybrid should have been accepted

I just watched this episode and I fully loving agree and I’m mad about it.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
:siren: Ken's back :siren:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
The Kangaroo Island question was straight up wrong tonight

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

HookShot posted:

The Kangaroo Island question was straight up wrong tonight

Sounds like a question for a kangaroo court.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Ok I've looked it up on Wikipedia and apparently "most countries" consider that the Southern Ocean starts at 60 degrees longitude, and not at Cape Leeuwin like most Australians say it does lol.

NONETHELESS I STILL WANT MY ANSWER THAT I YELLED FROM MY COUCH TO BE DEEMED CORRECT

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I love the stupid answers category because even when the answer is obvious and I know it I feel like I’m walking into a trap.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Dave's hands-in-arm-pits stance annoys me greatly for some reason.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zero One posted:

:siren: Ken's back :siren:

And I missed it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

None of them got Reign of Terror? It took me a second to remember what it was called, but none of them?