Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
The most telling thing with this guy is

"I don't see how going to the library where she studies is stalking her. I could have easily just been going there to study myself."

Like he's not even defending himself as innocent, he's defending that his stalking was plausibly deniable as not stalking.

Take that same kind of sleaze logic apply it to everything that he's weaseling around, especially the issue of physical contact. Ain't a pretty picture!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

value-brand cereal posted:

AITA For not allowing family to see my daughter until after they explain why she wet herself?

This guy tried to post an update but reddit mods removed it.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

His grades aren't enough. I need his career sabotaged. I want him fleeing society, shunned and pariahed, living in an abandoned lighthouse which inexplicable still sounds its horn.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for blowing up at my wife for going to her gender-reveal appointment without me?

rear end in a top hat posted:

My wife and I are expecting our first baby together, We made an appointment to find out the gender of the baby. To me, this is very important (I had hopes for a boy)

Don't need to go further, YTA.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Lots of redditors in the comments of the necklace thief story had anecdotes about relatives who were stealing for drug money pulling the same stunt, where if anyone said anything they would "find" it and if no one said anything they would instead figure the could get away with stealing it, it really does just sound like the bare minimum amount of bet hedging.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Hellblazer187 posted:

This guy tried to post an update but reddit mods removed it.

gdi i hate those mods so much. i hope the kid is ok :(

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Augh I need to know too, is that one of those things that gets backed up somewhere?

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

Hellblazer187 posted:

I'm kinda NTA on gym boyfriend. She wants someone who prioritizes her and her daughter, so they aren't going to be a compatible couple. But it's kind of OK if he has different priorities. They should split up, though.

I had a similar impression. His real problem is that he works a ten hour night-shift and doesn't have enough hours in the day to spend time with his girlfriend and her kid *and* pursue his hobbies the way he wants to. Time to make a choice. And seems like he made it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Blastedhellscape posted:

I had a similar impression. His real problem is that he works a ten hour night-shift and doesn't have enough hours in the day to spend time with his girlfriend and her kid *and* pursue his hobbies the way he wants to. Time to make a choice. And seems like he made it.

He also says that this results in him having more full days off, though, which he specifically said he'd love to spend with them.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

The title also makes it sound way, way worse. I admit I skimmed and just assumed he was a dick for:

"AITA for telling my girlfriend that yes, the gym is more important to me than her and her daughter?"

If he actually did that he would suck, which he didn't.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

titles in AITA are always the opposite of the body. If the title's outrageous the body will be extremely sensible and mild. If the title immediately makes you go "What's the problem" the body will reveal a person who committed several felonies and doesn't realize it.

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

titles in AITA are always the opposite of the body. If the title's outrageous the body will be extremely sensible and mild. If the title immediately makes you go "What's the problem" the body will reveal a person who committed several felonies and doesn't realize it.

Is this in any way shaped by the OP beginning with 'I know this sounds bad but hear me out'?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
If they start like that the OP is almost certainly an irredeemable shitstain of the highest order. Always one or two exceptions, though.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for limiting financial support to my daughter [23F] upon finding out she wants to live "child free"?

quote:

I have two children, a son [26M] who was recently married and plans to have children, and a daughter [23F] who is still studying.

Before she told me she plans to live child-free i offered to help her financially in buying a car, as i did with my son a couple years earlier. However now that i know she doesn't plan to have children, i feel like the money will be much better spent helping my son with buying an apartment which he plans to in some time.

My reasoning is that the humble wealth i have accumulated over the years thanks to my hard work, i only could do because of my parents' financial contribution to my education etc, so i would like to pass to future generations to help them going into life as well. I feel like supporting my daughter anywhere beyond the level of living a decent life would be a "waste", because she won't pass it forward like my parents did to me. On the other hand, supporting my son would mean increased life quality for his family and his children, allowing the wealth to flow down the generations and improve my grandchildren's future.

My daughter however is very unhappy with my decision, because she obviously would want a car, she says i promised, which i did, but under different circumstances. She says it's unfair because my son doesn't have children yet as well, but it's not really important cause he plans to have them, and is actually looking to buy an apartment for the family.

I just don't want to endulge my daughter's wishes to get a car, when my son will clearly need the money more to make his family's life better.

I however agree that it would mean i kinda would be breaking a promise, so would i be an rear end in a top hat to refuse to pay for her car?

EDIT: i just want to make it clear that in no way am i trying to manipulate her reproductive decisions. I respect her decision, and am not doing this as a way to force her to have children. At no point have i suggested i'd reconsider if she got children againt her decision.

All i'm doing is reconsidering what amount of support will she need with no children to support, as compared to my son who will need to support the family.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
She found a way to be a bigger jerk than someone calling themselves child free

Good on her

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Mx. posted:

AITA for limiting financial support to my daughter [23F] upon finding out she wants to live "child free"?

Going to be controversial and say NTA. OP can unequally support their adult children on whatever arbitrary basis they want to.

The inevitable rear end in a top hat judgment is going to come when OP complains that the daughter cut off contact because she accurately sees her uterus as transactional.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 12, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Having children is just an investment into getting future grandchildren, I don't know why the daughter can't see this

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for telling dirty jokes to someone, resulting in them sabotaging my grades?

r/relationships: If people could stop calling me stalker and a rapist that would be great.

EDIT:

pentyne posted:

The "Please stop calling me a rapist and a stalker" boy just won't quit

:words:

Goddamn, so much worse that I thought, while simultaneously being exactly what I expected.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 12, 2022

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

reignonyourparade posted:

Lots of redditors in the comments of the necklace thief story had anecdotes about relatives who were stealing for drug money pulling the same stunt, where if anyone said anything they would "find" it and if no one said anything they would instead figure the could get away with stealing it, it really does just sound like the bare minimum amount of bet hedging.

Yeah, there's like an invisible playbook druggies go through. You see the same behaviour over and over again.

"Surely no one will see through my foolproof plan," says the person whose brain is 99% mush from meth/heroin/etc.

Still hurts when you see a friend or family member fall to addiction like that. Once they're at the point of everyone they know cutting them out of their lives and they're stealing from the last people they have left who will put up with their bullshit, you know their fall is only going to get faster and faster.

Next step in the 'playbook' is the kid being thrown out and then smashing his way back in through a window to steal anything he thinks he can fence.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Feb 12, 2022

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

CharlestheHammer posted:

She found a way to be a bigger jerk than someone calling themselves child free

Good on her

It's honestly a Herculean feat to be a bigger rear end in a top hat than someone who constantly describes themselves as childfree so you gotta give props on that

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Husband won’t cut ties with female.

quote:

My husband wants me to basically tell him to cut all ties with another woman. I’ve told him he has to make that decision on his own. He’s been texting another woman ALOT lately and basically about a month ago he told me he may be developing feelings but he wasn’t sure. As he felt confused about developing a friendship with a female.So I told him ok I’m hurt and your keeping the contact and I’m not sure how I feel about this. He slowed contact down but is now she is texting daily. I’ve not told him to cut contact I’ve just asked him to do wha he feels is right. Why won’t he do it from himself? Is this a red flag?

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
r/relationships: I touched her rear end and poo poo

AITA for commenting "I'm sorry your dad didn't use a condom"?

quote:

A person on reddit was saying that British did a lot of good for india without looking at all the bad stuff. He was being an rear end in a top hat about it, he even name called people

I can't even find the comment but i do have his username, I don't know if I can post it so I'll leave it out. Anyway i replied "I'm sorry your dad didn't use a condom"

Reddit sent me a warning for abuse/bullying/harrasment.

Like seriously!?

AITA?

Also is there any way to appeal this stuff to reddit?

His post has of course already been deleted by the worst mods outside of legaladvice

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mx. posted:

Husband won’t cut ties with female.

quote:

There’s one huge problem though that I probably should have mentioned. She’s going to move next door to us! How on earth do you cut ties and keep peace as a neighbour? And the fact our kids get along.I feel extremely lost!
:tif:

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

pentyne posted:

The "Please stop calling me a rapist and a stalker" boy just won't quit

Posted in r/advice as the title and question

What can I do to ask for forgiveness and minimize damage?
And some of the original

Whole thing:

quote:

A classmate has reported me for sexual harassment, and I have no idea how to proceed. I didn’t touch her in a sexual way but I did make some jokes that I admit looking back are inappropriate and in poor taste. I want to apologize to her so she feels safe again. Apparently she has experienced something like this before with a classmate which is likely what made my jokes triggering, and I didn’t know at the time. I know I made a mistake and scared her and I want to be able to make amends. I posted about this situation somewhere else and many people recommended therapy. If I tell them I’m going to start getting therapy for boundary issues, will they look at my situation less harshly? Right now I don’t know what my standing is in my program or the uni but my meeting with the professor and lab staff was really awkward and they weren’t that interested in what I had to say.

But the things she’s claiming I said are really extreme and I didn't say anything like that. They haven’t presented me with proof so I don’t think there is any except my word against hers, and she’s saying some unbelievable things so I feel like its in my favor. I did say some gross poo poo and I own up to it fully and even told them that I made some crass jokes. But she’s saying I threatened her with violence and tried to find out where she lived (I guess offering someone a ride home in the middle of winter is a crime? She said no and I didn't insist).

She’s also trying to blame me for “mental stress” (profs words) she suffered before the midterm because I scared her during lab but I think she got in the high 60’s which will probably curve close to 80% with how bad the class is doing so I don’t know how much of what she’s saying is real and how much is extra she’s trying to get out of the situation. My marks actually did suffer from this because I had to figure out the labs by myself the last 2 weeks and everyone else had help, and I stayed up all last night stressed about this and I hosed up today experiment too. I accept these as my punishment for making inappropriate jokes but I don't think this is expulsion worthy like some are suggesting, and I can find nothing in the student handbook that says I can be expelled on hearsay.

I do accept that the things I DID say (and admitted to saying) were wrong and I know better and want to be a better person. I just don't know the best way to do it without 'admitting' to things I didn't do.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

he's still only admitting that his jokes were crass, completely ignoring trapping her in a small room and refusing to let her have her phone, touching her inappropriately, etc

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hughlander posted:

Whole thing:

quote:

If I tell them I’m going to start getting therapy for boundary issues, will they look at my situation less harshly?

This fucker is still trying to bargain with this situation instead of actually admitting he hosed up and taking the consequences. I reiterate: to the acid vat!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This fucker is still trying to bargain with this situation instead of actually admitting he hosed up and taking the consequences. I reiterate: to the acid vat!

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

In today's episode of "you're actually single right now but you went to Reddit for guidance"

quote:

My (M28) wife (F27) of 2 years takes off the wedding ring in a night club. Now it's 3 AM and I can't contact her. How do I confront her whenever she gets back?
I don't know how much context you guys need: I know she goes out with her girl friends tonight to some club, they had plan. I know most of the girls most of them are single only 2 married (my wife and 1 other). 2 hours ago one girl shared a story on snap where they are drinking and laughing loudly, then both my wife and her friend took off the wedding rings under the table while the other girls cheering, the camera move to couple of table away of some random men. That's it.

I don't know if it's a joke or they gonna do some crazy poo poo. I don't even know if that story was supposed for everyone to see or it was a mistake. I've been messaging her for 2 hours no reply, called her twice no answer. I haven't called any other of her friends cause I don't want to look like a paranoid f*ck. I don't even know when she's coming home.

How am I supposed to confront her when she gets back? How do I know she gonna tell the truth about what happened there?

tldr: my wife went out with her friends to night club. Someone from her friend group shared a story where she and one girl took off the wedding ring then the camera move to a group of men. I can't reach her phone and I'm just sitting at home wait for her to return. How do I confront her about this?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It's honestly a Herculean feat to be a bigger rear end in a top hat than someone who constantly describes themselves as childfree so you gotta give props on that
Does she do that? From what the op wrote she just told them she doesn't plan to have children which is a very non rear end in a top hat thing to say

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for suggesting my ex's daughter stop coming over for a while after she purposely messed up my relationships

quote:

I (35f) used to date a guy we'll call jacob (37m) we dated for 9 months before we mutually agreed to break up. Jacob has a 16 year old daughter we'll call Emma, Emma's mom is not in her life and apparently all previous ex's treated her horribly. Emma calls me mom, I never had an issue with it even after the break up since I knew she didn't really have one and I cared for her. Emma often comes to visit me and stays over. About 2 months ago I went on a date, Emma found out but acted really excited for me and even insisted on helping me pick out a dress we had a blast and even went to for some ice cream after. The date went well and I thought things were going good however about week later I received a text from my date call me a horrible person and telling me to never talk to him again, This happened for the next 3 dates I went on and at this point I knew something was up.

On the 4th date the same thing happened as the previous three dates however this time I decided to ask for an explanation he then sent me screenshots of messages he had received from a random number claiming that I had a family and that I was cheating. I was shocked to see that the number which sent the messages was Emma's. Emma came over later that day and I showed her the screenshots and asked if she sent this to all my previous dates, she admitted to sending this message to all my dates and apologized, saying that she thought that if I got in a relationship she would lose me. I felt bad and told her that she would never lose me and I would always be there for her, we had a heart to heart and then got sushi and I thought this was the end of it.

I went on another date last week I had told my date about Emma and everything that happened with her, he thought it was funny and had no problem with her being in my life still. Well a day later he sent me a message and what do you know Emma had messaged him the exact same messages she sent to everyone else. I called Emma and asked why she did this again when we had already talked about it and told her that if this doesn't stop she will not be able to come over to my house for a while which is something I don't want to do, she got mad and started swearing at me before saying that I should get back with her father because we didn't end on bad terms before hanging up on me. I called her father and explained the situation, I told him that I think we need to get her a therapist as I think our breakup affected her more than we thought, I then told him that until the situation was resolved and she apologized she shouldn't come over to my house for a while, I would still talk to her just not see her for until she starts therapy. Well her father was furious he called me everything in the book and said that while she was in the wrong and should see a therapist I was an rear end in a top hat for essentially cutting her out of my life because of it. I explained that it was only temporarily until the situation was resolved however he hung up.

It's been a day and I feel really bad as I'm the only healthy mother figure she's had however, I don't think I am in the wrong as it's only until she starts therapy so aita?

Edit: people are asking how she got those numbers, I used to always give her my phone even after the incidents because I never had any reason to doubt her and I thought the issue was resolved so she most likely got it from there.

I also I have every intention of still talking to her just not seeing her until she starts therapy.

Edit 2: someone suggested that maybe the reason previous ex's didn't like her is because she did something like this so I asked someone mutual friends and apparently she has a habit of getting attached to woman very quickly and calling them mom. Apparently it made all the ex's uncomfortable and a lot of them broke up with Jacob because of it.

Edit 3: a couple people on here suggested that she might have installed an app on my phone to see what I was doing and to my horror after looking through my phone I found an app called "MMGuardian Parental Control" and this app lets you read text messages I'm honestly in complete shock and don't know what to do. I was just weirded out by her behaviour at first but now I'm actually scared, for all I know she watched me type all of this. I'm looking into getting a new phone now however any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edit 4: I told Emma's dad about the app and he laughed in my face, turns out he knew about the app and told her to install it back when we first started dating so they could see if I was cheating on him. Apparently he didn't install it on his phone because he knew I might check his phone at some point so he told her to install it on hers. I asked him why he didn't tell me about it or at least delete it after the break up and he said he told Emma to but she wanted to keep it and apparently he saw no harm in her having access to my phone.

Edit 5: I have decided to cut contact with them at least until she starts getting help, however I honestly don't know if I will ever talk to them again even if she does get help. I am currently changing all my passwords as well as looking through all my devices for any other spying apps and am going to factory reset all of them after. I had previously been looking into a new house however after everything that I just discovered today I am definitely going to be moving and hopefully somewhere far. I told my friends about this and they are looking out for me, I am also staying with a friend until I can get I new place. I will keep you guys updated and thanks for all your advice.

Edit 6: I didn't think I would be making another edit for a while however while I was going through my laptop I noticed Emma's google account was logged in. This didn't surprise me as I knew she had done this, I was about to log it out however my friend said he had a bad feeling about it told me to check her google drive. In her google drive I found I folder with my name on it, after everything I found out I didn't want to know what was in there but my friend opened in anyway. It had a bunch of nude and sexy pictures of me!, thankfully they were all pictures I had sent to her dad back when we were dating however the fact that she has a whole folder dedicated to those photos definitely creeps me out. I have decided to just buy all new devices at this point as I don't think I can handle finding anything else and I just don't trust any of my devices anymore. Hopefully this is the last update for a while however I will keep you all updated.

Edit 7: hopefully my last edit for a while. I deleted all the photos off the folder and the folder it's self, I did however take screenshots and a screen recording for evidence. I told a friend who is a police officer about this and sent them all the evidence, they are currently helping me and are trying to get me some form of police protection. In the meantime they are staying with me, hopefully this all ends soon and I can just move on with my life. Thank you for all your advice and for making realize how unhealthy the relationship really was, I probably would have never found out about the spying app of the folder if it wasn't for you all. Thank you all for your support and hopefully the next time I have an update it will be good news.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Hughlander posted:

AITA for suggesting my ex's daughter stop coming over for a while after she purposely messed up my relationships

:stare:
:catstare:
:stonk:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
:stonkhat:
:stonklol:
:distonk:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:dogbutton:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Here, a palate-cleanser from NextDoor, filtered through Twitter:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dudes just putting in the prep work to swap wives with minimal downtime. Really good project management in my opinion.

Hughlander posted:

Got called mom in less time than it takes to make a baby

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Here, a palate-cleanser from NextDoor, filtered through Twitter:

Now I want to know how old the son is. I'm thinking either 38 or 19.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008
That twist that it was the dad of the cyber-stalker-psycho-kid who'd first come up with the idea to start bugging this woman's devices...jesus christ.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Blastedhellscape posted:

That twist that it was the dad of the cyber-stalker-psycho-kid who'd first come up with the idea to start bugging this woman's devices...jesus christ.

The kid should be in therapy, the ex should be in handcuffs.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

AITA for getting a tattoo that says “rot in hell” over my ex wife’s name

quote:

When me (39m) and my wife (41f) first got married we got matching tattoos of each other names. Well recently she cheated on me and we got a divorce. She got her tattoo of my name removed, and I was planning on getting mine removed but then I got a better idea. I called my tattoo artist and I got a tombstone on her name and under it, it says “rot in hell”. When I went over to her apartment to pick up my daughter (8f) she pointed out the work I got on my Tattoo. I asked if she liked, she just laughed awkwardly and that was the end of it for now. Later that night I’m watching TV with my daughter and my phone start going off like crazy, it was my ex. She was saying how hurtful it was to see what I did to the tattoo, and how I should’ve gotten it removed. I feel kinda bad after talking to her about the tattoo, so was I the rear end in a top hat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Mx. posted:

AITA for getting a tattoo that says “rot in hell” over my ex wife’s name

Yes, you kind of were an rear end in a top hat, but that’s OK because it’s small potatoes.