Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

I tried to think about about regional exceptions, but I kept coming back to the vast swathes of Little Caesarses

fake edit

falling like Dominos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Sir John Falstaff posted:

I'm more worried about "carrots," to be honest.

Kinda think whoever put this map together needs to try harder, though--if a state is going to be the corn pizza state, it's probably going to be Iowa or something, not Ohio and West Virginia. Avocado in California and tuna in Minnesota are pretty good clickbait, though.

We eat it off the cob. Throw some livestock on the pizza.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Mid-Atlantic/Northeast pizzerias make do.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I've never tried or seen churn in pizza but I'll bet it's good depending on the rest of the toppings, corn adds a nice little sweetness and texture that goes with a ton of things. Grill up an ear to get that nice char going on the kernels, and it'd be great.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
From The Evening News, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, October 10, 1945:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

hosed up

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I wonder how many people tried this crazy "pizza" thing, bailed from the anchovies, and just gave up on the concept forever

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
*pouring two pounds of anchovies blended with cheese into a nice pie crust* something ain't right with this here pizza business

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

I pop in here from time to time to remind everyone of Rhode Island pizza strips/slices. Seems like a good as time as any as every real pizza place around me has gone to pieces since covid. Rip.

Pizza Strips baby, cold pizza strips baked days ago, comin right up

Ah you dont want a strip? You want a round pizza? get a load a this guy

come and get it

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/CursedPizzas/status/1492298374917337090

waydownLo
Oct 1, 2016

no pubes yet sorry posted:

I pop in here from time to time to remind everyone of Rhode Island pizza strips/slices. Seems like a good as time as any as every real pizza place around me has gone to pieces since covid. Rip.

This is modified hardtack, which fits for RI as both a coastal state and where Dan Bidondi lives

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

There better be some cheese under there or I'm gonna get a big saw and set RI out to sea

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That looks delicious.

Dutch pea soup pizza:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Rhode Island is a trash pit. It and Connecticut both should be bombed to glass and a bridge built over them

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Captain Hygiene posted:

There better be some cheese under there or I'm gonna get a big saw and set RI out to sea

You better work up an appetite for some tomato pie because you are going to need it, providence is filled with corruption and even buddy cianci couldn't crack that nut, doubt yer saw is going to help

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/columnist/greatamericanbites/2019/04/03/rhode-island-bakery-pizza-red-strips/3345050002/

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

I live in one of those corn states and I've NEVER seen it in the wild.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
Is Rhode Island pizza just bread with tomato paste?

Edit: read the article. Yes it is.

mds2 fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Feb 12, 2022

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Just a presauced breadstick.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

If I am being totally honest it actually isn't too bad but they shouldn't call it pizza. I stand by the fact that it looks like poo poo and doesn't make any sense.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

However I have it on good authority that there are few, possibly no, pizza rules

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Data Graham posted:

However I have it on good authority that there are few, possibly no, pizza rules

The only pizza rule is that it must involve cheese

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

I can’t understand why you would want it both pre-sauced and cold. And I am a cold leftover pizza lover!

This thread contains horrors untold…

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Do those pizzas strips at least have some extra seasoning in the sauce, or is it basic rear end tomato sauce? Is the Brad normal pizza dough?

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

I would think that wrapping something that has exposed tomato sauce in cling wrap to sell it is an excellent way to end up with a soggy piece of bread and a sheet of plastic covered in sauce.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"Can we get pizza?"

"We have pizza at home"

Pizza at home:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Pizza strip? I prefer a New York cut myself.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

it looks like poo poo and doesn't make any sense.

Don't sign your posts

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I spent a lot of time in RI growing up and as a young adult and I’ve never come across the pizza strip.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I spent a lot of time in RI growing up and as a young adult and I’ve never come across the pizza strip.

just as well. that'd technically count as a topping

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

steinrokkan posted:

Do those pizzas strips at least have some extra seasoning in the sauce, or is it basic rear end tomato sauce? Is the Brad normal pizza dough?

Wow Brad's a little fat but I wouldn't call him pizza dough

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Then I guess you never spent a minute in the real Rhode Island and instead were exposed to Mass lite because your parents knew you couldn’t handle the truth, you didn’t have the constitution to live for weeks on just pizza strips. Sad!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Pizza strip more like piece-a poo poo!

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Big Beef City posted:

Don't sign your posts

:chanpop:

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

it's pretty common in the providence area and over the MA border into Fall River/Somerset.

but yeah, the crust is stale and the sauce has some extra oregano and salt, very acidic.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

If I am being totally honest it actually isn't too bad but they shouldn't call it pizza. I stand by the fact that it looks like poo poo and doesn't make any sense.

We call it tomato pie around here, and usually sprinkle parmesan and heat it up before eating. I like actually like it cold, but I'm an animal who will eat cold canned ravioli and I'm going to make pickle pizza this weekend (no red sauce, it's olive oil and crushed garlic)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I've had tomato pie out in Pennsylvania, which was really good. I had it at the Tomato Pie Cafe in Lititz:

Their version had a light crust on top, but I've seen others that are crust topped with tomatoes. The key feature seems to be that they have way more heft and seasoning to the tomatoes than those "pizza" slices.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Pizza Strip sounds like some sexual action for food fetishists.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've had tomato pie out in Pennsylvania, which was really good. I had it at the Tomato Pie Cafe in Lititz:

there's a lowcountry SC version that's generally savory pie crust, thin layer of mayo, appropriate herbs, and cheese. it's cooked enough that the cheese melts but the tomatoes stay integral. this is the most representative pic I could find:

it's really good food, but it's a terrible loving pizza

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

WTF Minnesota

Harry_Potato fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Feb 14, 2022