Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Bird in a Blender posted:

The other option is authoritarianism like China where you just tell everyone what to think and dissent is not allowed.

Lol.

Look at that rube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Grittybeard posted:

There is...unfortunate news here. That you're aware of I'm sure. Not specific to the pandemic or the current conversation but it will definitely get that way if some people have their way.

Yea I know, it requires a total overhaul of how our country is set up. That’s something that barely anyone is interested in doing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

C-Euro posted:

That's a super-tempting price but I've never been much of a turn-based strategy guy, someone try to sell me on this one.

It's $7, if you don't get it now and ever change your mind it'll be $125

That's my only sales pitch. My steam library is full of unplayed stuff I bought on sale though

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Grittybeard posted:

Oh man do you want to learn about true RNG? Like, where 95% means 95% and that 5% is going to happen? And you lose your favorite squaddies forever?

There's a reason :xcom: exists.

Also it's really good. Lots of building up your forces in an RPG type way to where they become unstoppable monsters but...possibly fallible ones. My pitch probably isn't changing your mind but you end up really invested and it's not the worst story about alien invasion in the world.

I've been exposed to plenty of that in the Fire Emblem series and it was never able to hold my attention long-term. But like Intruder says $7 is $7, that's a hell of a discount.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Intruder posted:

That's my only sales pitch. My steam library is full of unplayed stuff I bought on sale though

As is the custom of our people

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Anybody had joystick drift issues with the PS5? I didn’t have much trouble with it playing through thr Hitman games, but last couple of things I’ve picked up it’s been awful. Seems it’s an established phenomenon, may have to send the controller in.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That clip feels insanely fake to me.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

That clip feels insanely fake to me.

Probably but you never know, some of these clips have been real that I'd never suspect

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Grittybeard posted:

There is...unfortunate news here. That you're aware of I'm sure. Not specific to the pandemic or the current conversation but it will definitely get that way if some people have their way.

Are you talking about stuff like this?

https://twitter.com/KyleClark/status/1489752697196748801

Because the only thing keeping it from being 100% :shepicide: is the fact that they’re still just really, really incompetent. That ever changes and… woof

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

General Dog posted:

Anybody had joystick drift issues with the PS5? I didn’t have much trouble with it playing through thr Hitman games, but last couple of things I’ve picked up it’s been awful. Seems it’s an established phenomenon, may have to send the controller in.

Do it sooner than later. Theyre usually good about it but the warranty is only 12 months

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Do it sooner than later. Theyre usually good about it but the warranty is only 12 months

Yeah I’m still only at the 6 month mark but I need to go ahead and get it done.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Times broke wordle. riots begin at dawn

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

Times broke wordle. riots begin at dawn

Seems like it works. Just no longer on a black background

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

Seems like it works. Just no longer on a black background

it's not tracking my stats at all. lost my old ones, plus yesterday's

even in light mode every time I refresh it treats me like I've never been there before

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
It’s been working fine for me. Kept previous scores and is keeping my daily answer

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Odd. My phone has all my stats. Haven’t checked the PC. I think it was the same word as yesterday (at least in eastern time)

Wordle 237 4/6

🟨🟨⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟨🟨🟨⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ok on my phone it works

but I lost all my stats prior to today because I always used my browser

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The way forward in the US is mass death of the unprivileged, as has always been the way forward in the US.

We’ve doomed a generation into disability and death because we’ve abdicated public health responsibility to big pharma, who is hilariously somehow incapable of running contemporaneous trials. Trash rear end country.

Also wordle rocks and I exclusively browse on incognito mode so no streaks haven’t missed one since I’ve started but a few have taken me deep (WHACK). Got this one in 3 through an inexplicably strong second guess. It’s a fun little daily thing for me and the spouse to bounce around and tease each other over. Good little game.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Feb 12, 2022

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/nickcatelli/status/1491267104489996291?t=OyYegcKYLF24pdGvnrX2-A&s=19

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

WHHHHHYYYYYY the gently caress am I getting emails to set up a zoom interview on a saturday night from the company I interviewed with on Friday afternoon. Leave me alone you cunts, it's saturday.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Well I guess the olympics are a modern sport now

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

BlindSite posted:

WHHHHHYYYYYY the gently caress am I getting emails to set up a zoom interview on a saturday night from the company I interviewed with on Friday afternoon. Leave me alone you cunts, it's saturday.

That sucks for them, because you should ask about work life balance anyway and now you have something pretty concrete to point to.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

No Butt Stuff posted:

We’ve got until 2026 to prep ourselves for this.
I plan to continue to never have a date on Valentine's Day. It's worked for 40 years so far.

:negative:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The Dr. GF got an Amazon package while I was over the other day. She said “oh, maybe it’s my [whatever]” and opened the box and said “oh that’s not it” and then conspicuously closed it without comment on what it actually was. I pried a little and she somewhat sheepishly showed me it was some dehydrated foodstuffs and that she was doing some “light” doomsday prepping.

Anyway, should I be more worried that she’s prepping, or that she was presumably ready to let me starve whenever poo poo went down? :ohdear:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

General Dog posted:

The Dr. GF got an Amazon package while I was over the other day. She said “oh, maybe it’s my [whatever]” and opened the box and said “oh that’s not it” and then conspicuously closed it without comment on what it actually was. I pried a little and she somewhat sheepishly showed me it was some dehydrated foodstuffs and that she was doing some “light” doomsday prepping.

Anyway, should I be more worried that she’s prepping, or that she was presumably ready to let me starve whenever poo poo went down? :ohdear:

She’s planning on eating you GD.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

General Dog posted:

She's a keeper because medical training will be good to have around in the coming civil war.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

General Dog posted:

I’d be more worried if she buys a dehydrator and a big meat cleaver.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Is it wrong that I thought it was going to be a vibrator in the box?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Grittybeard posted:

Oh man do you want to learn about true RNG? Like, where 95% means 95% and that 5% is going to happen? And you lose your favorite squaddies forever?

Missed og XCOM in the 90s, but learned this from Fallout 2. It's what flashed in my brain despite having my odds fully maxed out at the point in Disco Elysium where you tell Kim to duck. I did pass that one, for the record.

Unrelated, State of Decay 2 is basically the definition of a 7/10 game, but it's some real dumb fun loving around multiplayer.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Braksgirl posted:

Is it wrong that I thought it was going to be a vibrator in the box?

Nope, cause that was my first thought.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

General Dog posted:

My bigger worry would be that she feels like she has to hide mundane stuff from you.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I cannot stop myself from save-scumming if it is an option. I played X-Com 2 with ironman mode or whatever to avoid it, but then learned you can just force quit the game in the middle of a bad turn. I think I got to a point where I was not having fun due to save scumming, but also too attached to my little people to let them die, so I just stopped 3/4th through the game.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Considering that the state of Texas tried to kill off half its population by freezing them to death around this time last year, I’d say stocking some sundries is prudent.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/JohnDiesattheEn/status/1492222118033084421

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I ground up the scraps from my spare ribs earlier this week and hoo boy I think I’m gonna need a Saturday afternoon nap after this biscuits and gravy brunch

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I just water-jetted the main drain stack from my kitchen and have free flowing water for the first time in years. Never thought watching a full sink drain quickly would be so satisfying.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Rectal Placenta posted:

I just water-jetted the main drain stack from my kitchen and have free flowing water for the first time in years. Never thought watching a full sink drain quickly would be so satisfying.

My kitchen sink clogged a couple weeks ago and it is such a pain in the rear end. However, once it was fixed it was the best feeling in the world.

Also, how would you feel if you lost your wife to Corky Romano

https://twitter.com/TheMattYoung/status/1492224727783329795

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

“The (now ex) wife of my girlfriend’s podiatrist” part had my mind reeling before I even got to the Chris Kattan part

General Dog fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 12, 2022

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I guess you can hava the Mango!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

saintonan posted:

My bigger worry would be that she feels like she has to hide mundane stuff from you.

Yeah honestly, I get the feeling she feels like she has to defend the purchase. It's a bad time in the world and I wouldn't want to feel judged for having some emergency rations. Then again I super don't know Dr. Girlfriend and have been just picturing the Venture Bros. Character whenever General Dog refers to her.