Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Regarde Aduck posted:

can't see any repercussions to letting nazi dirtbag country into the EU, they can join in the race to the bottom along with Poland and Hungary

Agreed. Any and all citizens of European nations in the throes of right wing populist hysteria and anti-EU sentiment deserves everything they get. Especially any that have exited the EU for such reasons, especially pampered rich countries whose hysteria isn't explainable by a mixture of poverty and military invasion. Such a country would deserve the least sympathy, and their suffering would be the most good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

It feels like a YouTube video description in early 2010 with just buzzwords like Nazi Hitler Poland Ukraine being spammed 50 times over and over again.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1492355937428197377?s=21

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

As Joseph kony once said "this is propaganda."

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1492359434487672838?s=20&t=oFqmtOd8rCzShg3fF5QkdA

hosed if true

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

""
Long list of Black Sea "Naval Training Missile And Gunnery Exercises" areas issued as NAVAREA III warnings now, active from 13th - 19th. Area A corresponds with the area going from NW Crimea to south of Odesa
""
"*
Interestingly the Dutch government has decided to set up the "emergency support center" in Lviv, close to the Polish border, rather than Kyiv
""

""
Chief of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces Gerasimov discussed international security issues with the head of the Committee of Chiefs of Staff of the US Armed Forces Milley, - the Russian Defense Ministry said
""

""
Defense Minister of Ukraine: Another 90 tons of USA ammunition for the @ArmedForcesUkr arrived today. The total weight of US military aid at the moment exceeded 1300 tons
""

""
The US is planning to pull its observers from the OSCE mission in Ukraine, sources say. The Biden admin is also discussing the possibility of further reducing the number of staff at the US Embassy in Kyiv, moving either out of country or further west

""

Ive been flowing this since 2014 and I sincerely feel sick that some of my predictions may come true.

There's a saying in pre 1918 German navy "Der Tag" being a future day of the Germans facing off against the royal navy. I ponder if Russian military higher ups have a similar saying about retaking Ukraine.

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

https://twitter.com/rianru/status/1492380856442359809
rip everyone who is about to loving die wtf

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
What does it say?

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.

drilldo squirt posted:

What does it say?

Russian diplomats began to leave Ukraine, a source said

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

drilldo squirt posted:

What does it say?
If you click in, Twitter has a translate button.

Not intended as a snipe, just an "in case you missed it", since Tweezer already translated.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tweezer Reprise posted:

Russian diplomats began to leave Ukraine, a source said

Yeah, that's possibly the least encouraging thing possible.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

I know several folks have responded with clarification, but it would be helpful if you'd included the translation in your post. Just dropping a tweet and going "oh poo poo!" is not super helpful. edit: not super helpful for non-EE folks, who might be more involved in this thread.

I expect this thread will continue to be pretty busy. I defer to thread IK "cinci zoo sniper" for most stuff but please try and keep your posts substantive and direct.

edit:

by which I mean, if armed conflict does pop off this thread is going to be very busy, and we'd like to somewhat discourage hot takes and shitposting. Which your post wasn't, don't get me wrong. We'd just like to keep quality of posts kinda decent to keep this readable and informative if it gets moving fast.

Fritz the Horse fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 12, 2022

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
their commentary on the tweet is a roughly accurate summary of the contents of that tweet, hth

:smith:

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah, that's possibly the least encouraging thing possible.

Since there will be an influx of users and I am taking that Horse's advice,

It is worth clarifying: This is one of the two state news agencies of Russia. This isn't some blog. They want people to know its happening.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

But TASS is quiet so clearly nothing has happened yet :mensch:

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Cugel the Clever posted:

If you click in, Twitter has a translate button.

Not intended as a snipe, just an "in case you missed it", since Tweezer already translated.

Where is this button?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

loving Cool. Can't wait to see the black smoke over the Russian embassy.

Or will they burn nothing as a way to say "haha Ukraine won't exist long enough to parse the information or break into the embassy" ?

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Defense Minister of Ukraine: Another 90 tons of USA ammunition for the @ArmedForcesUkr arrived today. The total weight of US military aid at the moment exceeded 1300 tons

Do we know what USA have supplied? I read 1000+ javelins but there must be more than that.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

FishBulbia posted:

Since there will be an influx of users and I am taking that Horse's advice,

Thank you. I am sensitive to the concerns expressed itt by goons actually in Eastern Europe who don't necessarily appreciate Americans and other folks from outside the region coming in with lovely hot takes. Severals poster expressed a concern for the conversation being hijacked to make it about US/NATO vs Russia while ignoring the agency of EE nations and the people actually living there*.

Maybe I'm mischaracterizing. But I'd like to keep this thread as informative as possible and not have it clogged up with bad takes and shitposting. I know it's a little bit of extra burden on Russian/Ukrainian-speaking goons, but if you could provide a brief summary translation that would help to keep things on topic, I think.

I will readily admit I'm not super knowledgeable about the region and the history of this conflict. I'm just gonna try and be as neutral as possible and help cinci keep the thread informative and centered on actual unfolding events in Ukraine and EE.

edit:
*I'm not saying discussion of US and NATO's roles in the conflict is forbidden, but I don't want that conversation to dominate the thread if there's actual war. My impression from EE posters is we should keep this focused more on the situation there.

Fritz the Horse fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Feb 12, 2022

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

Fritz the Horse posted:

Thank you. I am sensitive to the concerns expressed itt by goons actually in Eastern Europe who don't necessarily appreciate Americans and other folks from outside the region coming in with lovely hot takes. Several poster expressed a concern for the conversation being hijacked to make it about US/NATO vs Russia while ignoring the agency of EE nations and the people actually living there.

Maybe I'm mischaracterizing. But I'd like to keep this thread as informative as possible and not have it clogged up with bad takes and shitposting. I know it's a little bit of extra burden on Russian/Ukrainian-speaking goons, but if you could provide a brief summary translation that would help to keep things on topic, I think.

I will readily admit I'm not super knowledgeable about the region and the history of this conflict. I'm just gonna try and be as neutral as possible and help cinci keep the thread informative and centered on actual unfolding events in Ukraine and EE.

It's an anglophone forum, so expecting a translation of key points is totally reasonable I feel.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Trump posted:

Do we know what USA have supplied? I read 1000+ javelins but there must be more than that.

Ammo, arty shells, medical supplies, medical tents and various items of that nature. Uniforms helmets, javelins, most likely small arms of soviet or US nature. 1300 tons is like 2.5 million pounds of stuff..

I forsee Russia if they invade will re hash Taliban and is propaganda of showing off massive captured caches of US weapons.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

FishBulbia posted:

It's an anglophone forum, so expecting a translation of key points is totally reasonable I feel.

Thanks again, and don't feel compelled to translate at length. IMO the value of having a brief summary translation is to keep the thread centered on "on the ground" situation in EE and less so on what Western and US outlets are saying about it. cinci went to bed which is the main reason I'm butting in.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Ammo, arty shells, medical supplies, medical tents and various items of that nature. Uniforms helmets, javelins, most likely small arms of soviet or US nature. 1300 tons is like 2.5 million pounds of stuff..

I forsee Russia if they invade will re hash Taliban and is propaganda of showing off massive captured caches of US weapons.

Does US have large stocks of Soviet/Russian munitions? As far as I can see Ukraine either has old equipment from Russia or indigenous stuff only fielded in a limited capacity.

I get the javelins and general supplies like medical equipment, uniforms, protective equipment, same with small arms stuff. But anything bigger would require training and I don't think Ukraine has time for that.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

more confirmation on Russia evacuating it’s embassy and all diplomatic staff

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1492386638596657152?s=21

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1492392056198950915?s=21

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Trump posted:

Does US have large stocks of Soviet/Russian munitions? As far as I can see Ukraine either has old equipment from Russia or indigenous stuff only fielded in a limited capacity.

I get the javelins and general supplies like medical equipment, uniforms, protective equipment, same with small arms stuff. But anything bigger would require training and I don't think Ukraine has time for that.

Yes the US does. We love to use this stockpile as a way to equip our favorite flavor of deathsquads so we can hide under the guide of them not running around in Toyota hiluxes and rocking M-4s. Obviously the strategy is working well.

Humvees. But yes your right. Unfortunately Russia is going to win this in a stupidly quick amount of time. (Not to say that I want this!) But if they go for an amphibous attack and a front walk from Belarus to Crimea they will handily overwhelm Ukraine quickly. the Ukrainians do not have dug in positions west of Kiev that will Stand a Russian tank division. The counter battery fire from the ukranians will be zero even with all this fancy new equipment. The air gap between Ukraine and Russia is pretty slanted in Russia's favor. While Ukraine is calling for 2 million bayonets the Russians will absolutely go for Kiev before they can even begin training that many people.

I am hoping Ukraine stops the advance for long enough to diplomacy to take place but who knows. Maybe the Ukrainian gay Nazis will muster Gotterdammerung and make the Russians pay at the gates of the Donetsk airport.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Al-Saqr posted:

more confirmation on Russia evacuating it’s embassy and all diplomatic staff
They're both quoting the news agency in the initial tweet, so it's less confirmation than it is echoing :cheeky:

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

drilldo squirt posted:

Where is this button?

iPad app, probably also other apps. The twitter website doesn’t have it.

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

Trump posted:

Don't think too much about it. It won't make a difference, if there is a full invasion. Javelins mean little when the place that tells you where you need to go and where the enemy is gets leveled by an Iskandar

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Cugel the Clever posted:

They're both quoting the news agency in the initial tweet, so it's less confirmation than it is echoing :cheeky:

Well yeah but the original tweet wasn’t clear so I figured adding a couple more sources would make it more official

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

""
Blinken: If Putin decides to launch military action, we will impose severe sanctions on Russia
""

Welp putins gonna cancel the invasion because blinken is a broken loving record.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Mr. Smile Face Hat posted:

iPad app, probably also other apps. The twitter website doesn’t have it.

I'd rather shoot myself than download their loving app.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

FishBulbia posted:

Don't think too much about it. It won't make a difference, if there is a full invasion. Javelins mean little when the place that tells you where you need to go and where the enemy is gets leveled by an Iskandar

Dunno, Javelins seems like a pretty smart way to insure an offensive will be as costly as possible, even if a defense is overall hopeless.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

""
Blinken: If Putin decides to launch military action, we will impose severe sanctions on Russia
""

Welp putins gonna cancel the invasion because blinken is a broken loving record.

Dude, denmark got 700 men mobilized on an Island 2000km away, combined with closing Putins VISA card I think it enough.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Trump posted:

Dude, denmark got 700 men mobilized on an Island 2000km away, combined with closing Putins VISA card I think it enough.

We will sanction Russia and effect the citizens every day life. This will work like it worked in Venezuela and Cuba and topple the Putin admin!

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Russia evacuating its own diplomats, definitely a bluff 😬

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Sullivan: We're trying to prevent a war in Europe and protect our resources

Hahahahahaha ohhh my god.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Jake, the point of these briefings is to hide what you actually feel

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
US sanctions would only do so much, what would really hurt Russia are big European (so EU + UK + associates) sanctions, which would necessarily inflict quite a lot of pain on the sanctioning countries as well. But if Putin really does invade Ukraine, just putting some more Russian officials on black lists would be a joke response. If there's no strong response, it would only further encourage Putin.

Owling Howl
Jul 17, 2019

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

We will sanction Russia and effect the citizens every day life. This will work like it worked in Venezuela and Cuba and topple the Putin admin!

It will dampen the Russian economy leaving the Russian government the option of scaling back military spending and invasions or deprive the Russian people of necessities and luxuries. Over time the economy of Russia will fall further behind its peers leaving it ever more irrelevant and less of a threat to its neighbors. No one expects it to topple the Putin admin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Meanwhile we've got a Russian Embassy accusing Joe Biden of preparing a "provocation" (ie false flag) in Ukraine
https://twitter.com/EmbassyofRussia/status/1492398418102263809