Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Space Camp fuckup posted:

The lighter blue reminds me of the Gulf livery a bit.

the fine folks at reddit have picked up on this

this is old -> new

then new -> gulf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I thought Tezos was a Red Bull sponsor

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
That McLaren livery is making me unexpectedly horny.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I like the McLaren livery. Also like how it and the Aston look so different. Glad that fears of a virtual spec series were unfounded

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
It's reassuring to know that the 2022 WDC will be driving a good looking McLaren.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ferrari will manage to have the worst looking car

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

By default, Red car is automatically top 3.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Thanks Ants posted:

The black stripe across the team shirts has me worried there yeah, they look bad enough and if they carry that across the car, urgh.

The Alpine is sounding interesting if rumors are true, with the BWT sponsorship the pink may feature in a 'vaporwave' design with the Alpine blue.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
here i am hoping for trans rights alpine, only to be bitterly disappointed

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Aston still the clubhouse leader for best looking car

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

refleks posted:

Assume there will be a bunch of filthy liars in this thread declaring how it's not cool or good-looking once we se the papaya rocket

spaceblancmange posted:

Aston still the clubhouse leader for best looking car

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Aston Fartin

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
The pink Alpine is gonna be the ugliest. Force France and poo poo.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Best looking cars so far:
1. McLaren
2. Aston
7. Haas
255. RBR

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Given that team's track record for incorporating sponsor colours I'm fully expecting a horrible clash between the red and pink rather than just replacing the red bits with pink.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
wow i like this mclaren that actually listens to its fans compared to 2015-2017s "we could do something cool, but cool retro liveries would be a step back so heres something a graphic design student down the road made for free"

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Rhopunzel posted:

wow i like this mclaren that actually listens to its fans compared to 2015-2017s "we could do something cool, but cool retro liveries would be a step back so heres something a graphic design student down the road made for free"

I keep telling them to get third in the constructors and they're ignoring me.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I like the McLaren livery. Also like how it and the Aston look so different. Glad that fears of a virtual spec series were unfounded

The side pod packaging is the most obvious place, the front wings seem to be similar solutions, the rear is pretty proscribed. And at least from what was shown, the McLaren is going completely against the grain with their rear suspension design.

Really interested to see who else adopts the Aston ‘double floor wideboy’ style as opposed to the ‘coke bottle’ of the McLaren and likely the Haas.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

harperdc posted:

The side pod packaging is the most obvious place, the front wings seem to be similar solutions, the rear is pretty proscribed. And at least from what was shown, the McLaren is going completely against the grain with their rear suspension design.

Really interested to see who else adopts the Aston ‘double floor wideboy’ style as opposed to the ‘coke bottle’ of the McLaren and likely the Haas.

Rest assured that whichever design is the most successful and least used will be swiftly outlawed no matter what happens.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Pook Good Mook posted:

Rest assured that whichever design is the most successful and least used will be swiftly outlawed no matter what happens.

No

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Hi it’s me, Skim Milk, team principal at McLaren. I’m here to reveal to you that this year’s car is named after a cell in a spreadsheet. Ok bye

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

I just remembered The Cool Spot

Parappa the Dapper
Jul 2, 2003

...and then my toast came out soft.
Where might one find that delightful ai story generator?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Thought the rest of you might find this interesting, Sky Sports threw this comparison up on Twitter.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Q_res fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Feb 12, 2022

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Parappa the Dapper posted:

Where might one find that delightful ai story generator?

https://narrative-device.herokuapp.com/

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
I've seen the pics of the Aston on track and I still don't get how the DRS is going to work

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Q_res posted:

Thought the rest of you might find this interesting, Sky Sports threw this comparison up on Twitter.

It's definitely interesting how much wider the mcaren is at the back. I guess Aston are dumping heat through the grills on the sidepod, but because McLaren's sides are so narrow their engine heat has to go out the big opening at the back?

Actually the engine cowling in the Aston in general is a lot smaller than the McLaren. You wouldn't think they were running the same engine just looking at the bodywork.

a pipe smoking dog fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Feb 12, 2022

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

His dads are proud

Dictator. fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Feb 12, 2022

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

It's definitely interesting how much wider the mcaren is at the back. I guess Aston are dumping heat through the grills on the sidepod, but because McLaren's sides are so narrow their engine heat has to go out the big opening at the back?

Actually the engine cowling in the Aston in general is a lot smaller than the McLaren. You wouldn't think they were running the same engine just looking at the bodywork.

Yeah exactly, the Aston is the break with contemporary (2009-2021) design because those vents haven’t been allowed, so the McLaren style has been the direction. That and allowing for a lot of air to run under and along the top of the floor was the “right” design choice.

But with vents allowed, and the floor full length being more important, it’ll be really interesting to see who else goes the Aston direction.

The other interesting thing from the shakedown? That ride height, it’s not quite slammed down but definitely not as high-rake as before.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

harperdc posted:

Yeah exactly, the Aston is the break with contemporary (2009-2021) design because those vents haven’t been allowed, so the McLaren style has been the direction. That and allowing for a lot of air to run under and along the top of the floor was the “right” design choice.

But with vents allowed, and the floor full length being more important, it’ll be really interesting to see who else goes the Aston direction.

The other interesting thing from the shakedown? That ride height, it’s not quite slammed down but definitely not as high-rake as before.

There were a lot of rumours at the end of the season about Aston coming up with something very clever. I wonder if the Merc is going to look like the Aston and McLaren have been a bit too conservative?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I keep telling them to get third in the constructors and they're ignoring me.

They're going to get second, OP

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Hell, if it makes you happy op. I am thinking of getting some ScudMerch myself.

red and black looks badass

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Red & Black Ferrari reminds me of McDonald's

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

rpop posted:

Ferrari have named their new car F1-75, presumably to let their fans know it's going to run like a car from 1975

the 312t is one of the best formula 1 cars ever made?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ferrari manage to pick the most cryptic names for their cars

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
So that one McLaren sponsor is just like, dip but without any actual tobacco in it so it’s legal to advertise?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Pirate Radar posted:

So that one McLaren sponsor is just like, dip but without any actual tobacco in it so it’s legal to advertise?

Yes and it's explicitly marketed at teens, because there isn't enough mouth cancer in the world today.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Yes and it's explicitly marketed at teens, because there isn't enough mouth cancer in the world today.

All the kids round here are on the nordic spirit, it's gross and they just leave them everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

In most countries, yeah. I think it's still illegal in Australia.