Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mx. posted:

AITA for getting a tattoo that says “rot in hell” over my ex wife’s name

Last time I cheated on someone I got a big red A put on me so glad to hear times have changed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The kid should be in therapy, the ex should be in handcuffs.

sounds like that's about to happen

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

pentyne posted:

The "Please stop calling me a rapist and a stalker" boy just won't quit

Posted in r/advice as the title and question

What can I do to ask for forgiveness and minimize damage?

I always wonder if men like that actually believe that women can't tell if they've been accidentally touched or groped. I've had both happen to me and it was completely obvious which was which.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Cloacamazing! posted:

I always wonder if men like that actually believe that women can't tell if they've been accidentally touched or groped. I've had both happen to me and it was completely obvious which was which.

The way he treats incidental physical contact as an unavoidable part of life and sort of brags how he's not fragile and always bumping into people and making contact because that's just how he is ranks pretty high on the "accidently telling you yourself in a major way"

Followed up with "yeah I touched her, what should I have done just yelled at her to move like some rear end in a top hat?" I'm fascinated by the kind of life he's had where you can reach that point that constantly bodying into people just to walk about your day is seen as normal.

The whole "I'd never touch her butt" then followed up with "maybe I touched her butt, I make physical contact with people so often I don't even notice it" is bad enough his lawyer would just walk out of the room at a deposition and tell him he's turbofucked.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Feb 12, 2022

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
AITA for humiliating my sister in law when she was “defending me” because my husband let me give birth alone

quote:

Ok this story has a long of context and backstory

Context - my sister in law aka my brothers wife likes to give her opinion without listening to the whole story like basically if she was to use this sub she’d read the title of a post and she’d give her opinion on that alone than insult everyone that replied to her comment than play victim if no one took her side

Backstory- I gave birth on 16th of January to my third and last child to make a long story I went into labour while out shopping .we finished what we had to do than went home for a few hours later I told him drop me off at the hospital so he could collect the kids from school than drop them off to my mil house and get a few hours sleep himself so could take care of the baby when she was born. if it’s not obvious by now my labours usually take 18 to 24 hours but 3 hours in I had some issues and had to get an emergency c section. I didn’t have time to call him and per my request he didn’t contact me because I wanted sleep so long our daughter was 8 hours old till he knew. Look it was one of those poo poo happens things that ether of us could control nor do we care about

I recently met up with my whole family so they could meet my daughter rose and everyone asked me was it true my husband was asleep when I gave birth to which I said yes laughing before I had a chance to explain my sil went into the sitting room and stared screaming at my husband calling him the world of names

She literally said he didn’t deserve to be a father!

I got pissed and said “yet again she strikes did you ever think to hear the whole story out or do you like the attention of being a that bitch who always has to be right”

She told me she was only defending me and my husband was a pos. I literally laughed in her face and said “girl Idgaf it wasn’t anyone’s fault poo poo happens”

She ended up leaving and since refused to speak to anyone in my family due the humiliation I put her through. My brother said I causing trouble in his relationship and his wife feels to embarrassed to speak to anyone in our family

And that I should just apologise because I know how she is honestly idk if the night feeds or guilt at this point but I feel like an rear end in a top hat

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

AITA for requesting my sister come to my wedding in a T rex costume

quote:

Probably the rear end in a top hat but don't care

Also throwaway cause my sister follows my other Reddit account

When I was fifteen my sister's wedding was extremely stressful for me, especially as an introverted autistic teenager. Especially the smells, large crowd, the uncomfortable ugly dress, and the shoes that left blisters on my feet. But she's my sister so whatever. It made her happy and her big day special. She knew how hard it was on me so promised one day when I get married she do ANYTHING I wanted

Cut to ten years, it's the present I'm getting married.

Me and my soon-to-be wifey don't like traditional weddings. We find them boring and a waste of money, blah, blah, blah. So we decided to keep our wedding small and fun, we have a large list of silly ideas. In fact, since we both met because of college theater, we're using all our old props to decorate, we're reacting our favorite comedic moments together as our vows, playing games, and a few other things.

One idea I had was since our first kiss was at a showing of Jurassic Park film we could have the officiate dress in one of those large inflatable t Rex costumes, my wife LOVED the idea, remembering what my sister said I asked If she would officiate it. She agreed happily!

I told her about our t rex idea and at first, she thought we were joking but once I bought it and gave it to her she seemed confused, then laughed before saying she wouldn't do that, I tried to gently talk her into it and she flipped out and went on and on about how embarrassing it was and she could never do it, how dare we ask such a thing of her

I'm just standing here like: 😶

I reminded her of what she told me ten years ago which just made her madder and she stormed off. I told my wife and she was a little upset but said we could just find someone else it was no big deal but my sister ranted to one of my cousins who told the rest of our family and now everyone thinks I tried to intentionally humiliate my sister but like??? No???

I just wanted to have her involved in a funny skit and have wedding photos to look back on, I and my wife aren't going to look elegant either we have several goofy props when he reenacts our favorite moments together and again it's meant to gently poke fun at each other. That's what this wedding is

We're both goofy kids that met fell in love and used comedy to cope with bad experiences, so our wedding celebrating our goofy moments is perfect for us

I genuinely don't see why the request was so offensive to her, it's not like im forcing her (unlike what she did with me at her wedding), and it's just a small wedding with friends and family meant to goof around at.

EDIT: Lmao guys IM GAY, IM A LESBIAN. Stop calling me a groom I said I wore an uncomfortable dress in the start for a reason

Second of all, we aren't pressuring her. I asked and gently tried to convince her, when she flipped out we dropped it. I was going to apologize later until my phone was flooded with relatives calling me terrible, we did let it go until she told our cousin and our cousin told everyone else things we're not suppose to escalate like it did

So Reddit, AITA?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
r/relationships: Lmao guys IM GAY

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

:allears:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've never once touched a woman by accident lmfao. And I'm legitmately an insane person.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

My (25F) MIL (60sF) thinks I love her lasagna so she keeps making it for me. I lied to her and I actually hate it, now I feel bad.

quote:

A little context for this post: I'm an American living in England with my English husband. He's really close to his parents, which I don't mind at all, because they're wonderful people who have treated me like a member of the family from the beginning. We have dinner with them once a week. I have Italian blood and come from an area of the US where Italian food is pretty much everywhere. My MIL, being the sweet person she is, likes to cook Italian food for me during these dinners so I don't feel homesick.

Now here is where the issue begins. A couple of months ago she made us a lasagna using a new recipe she found. I didn't like it for a few reasons, I won't go into detail bashing it but it's not very traditional like I am used to from home. I felt bad telling her I didn't like it and told her I loved it. I know, bad idea. She was so pleased I like it so much that now she makes it every week for dinner. It's not so much the food that's bothering me as the fact that I'm lying to her every week now. It makes me feel sad and guilty whenever she seems so happy that she's making me happy. I don't know how to tell her the truth without hurting her feelings though. I've never wanted to come off as a stereotypical rude American. I know this post is stupid but I feel like I've gotten myself into a bind with my MIL.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's apparently still dudes who just literally cannot stop inappropriately touching women, even at the point where you'd think they'd have learned from getting their rear end beat for it.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Sorry, you have to eat the bad lasagna forever now.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Hughlander posted:

AITA for suggesting my ex's daughter stop coming over for a while after she purposely messed up my relationships

Man I'm excited for this spin off series YOU: The Next Generation

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

r/relationships: my big fat t-rex wedding

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Ziv Zulander posted:

r/relationships: my big fat t-rex wedding

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Mx. posted:

My (25F) MIL (60sF) thinks I love her lasagna so she keeps making it for me. I lied to her and I actually hate it, now I feel bad.

Hmm 'I won't go into detail bashing it but it's not very traditional like I am used to from home.' - are you sure, lady? cos Italian-American versions of a lot of food including lasagne are different from Italian-Italian (in this case, for example, often using ricotta not a bechamel sauce). She might actually be making it 'properly' and that's just not what you're used to.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
...Ricotta? In lasagne?

E: That made me look up the comments on the post and

-Ricotta-lasagne actually originates from southern Italy, is quite wide-spread among Italian-American communities, and is a perfectly cromulent lasagne
-OP readily admits that their "traditional" Italian cooking is Italian-American and may differ from another's view of Italian cooking, but them's their personal preferences
-The MIL makes some substitutions for the recipe, which is OP's actual beef, rather than the recipe itself

Fair point on all three, gotta say, except the mother substituting cream cheese for bechamel, that ain't right.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Feb 12, 2022

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

...Ricotta? In lasagne?

It's more likely thank you think

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Fair point on all three, gotta say, except the mother substituting cream cheese for bechamel, that ain't right.

On this I think we can all agree.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

substituting cream cheese for bechamel

Well that's unpleasant.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Yeah, in what hell universe is that ok

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Just say you still like the lasagna but you're a little burnt out on it and don't want to get sick of it and would like to change it up.

I get sick of foods I actually love if I eat them week after week after week.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Mr. Lobe posted:

Yeah, in what hell universe is that ok

it's called England

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

the holy poopacy posted:

it's called England

Even there that's just not on.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

feedmegin posted:

Hmm 'I won't go into detail bashing it but it's not very traditional like I am used to from home.' - are you sure, lady? cos Italian-American versions of a lot of food including lasagne are different from Italian-Italian (in this case, for example, often using ricotta not a bechamel sauce). She might actually be making it 'properly' and that's just not what you're used to.

lol

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

feedmegin posted:

Hmm, Italian-American from Italian heavy part of the US Vs. British Mum trying random recipe she stumbled on.

A real Sophie's choice.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

-Ricotta-lasagne actually originates from southern Italy, is quite wide-spread among Italian-American communities, and is a perfectly cromulent lasagne

And yeah, always gotta remember that the vast majority of Italian-American ancestry is Neapolitan/Sicilian.
So all sorts of things like food, surviving vocab/slang, and pronunciation is going to have very regionalized roots that can differ a bunch from standard Italian (and super differ from anything northern Italian).

Grape fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Feb 12, 2022

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Mx. posted:

AITA for getting a tattoo that says “rot in hell” over my ex wife’s name

...with a kid together? Come on, man

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Mx. posted:

Sorry, you are stuck with this forever, just like Pee Wee Herman is stuck eating egg salad sandwiches.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Oh please, "I so love your lasagna and that you make it special just for me. I told my mum and she felt it was time to pass on her old family recipe to me AND you! Perhaps we could make it together."

loving sorted.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

This is the style of lasagna I grew up with and it is loving awesome.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I don't think I've ever had a homemade lasagna without ricotta, it works perfectly well.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Cythereal posted:

This is the style of lasagna I grew up with and it is loving awesome.

same

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

...Ricotta? In lasagne?

:frogout:

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

I don't think I've ever had a homemade lasagna without ricotta, it works perfectly well.

Yeah my wife's family recipe uses it and it's great

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Megillah Gorilla posted:

r/relationships: If people could stop calling me stalker and a rapist that would be great.

God drat, when it comes to good thread titles these are some top tier ones.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I just imagined that guy as a stalled car on railroad tracks getting absolute annihilated by the comment freight train and it was very satisfying.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Captain Fargle posted:

Even there that's just not on.

Yeah it's not on, but you'd better say that you like it - the first time, and every subsequent time. That's life now.

Edit: Being English, I have this problem in several areas of my life simultaneously.

Sir Sidney Poitier fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 12, 2022

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for no longer contributing to my sisters wedding after she took money I gave my niece off her?

quote:

I(41m) have 3 kids, 1 is from my previous marriage, she had a really hard time when my ex wife and I split and really struggled to accept my current wife and we went through family therapy at the time. Just a bit of backstory to explain my motivation. My niece(sisters child) has a great relationship with my current wife(current wife is her teacher). She recently told my wife that she felt really lonely at home since her dad passed away and that was only been compounded by my sister moving on very fast(her ex passed away in June 2021 and she's now engaged and living with her current partner, I don't disapprove but I'm worried for her daughter given how my daughter struggled and she was in a better position since my ex wife is still alive and a huge part of her life).

One thing she mentioned was that she was no longer getting an allowance to go out with friends (she's 16) in exchange for doing chores as my sister is too busy saving for her wedding. My wife and I offered to give her 200 so she could go out to dinner and a movie or something and she gratefully accepted. Later that week she showed up at our house upset because my sister had taken the money off her to put towards her wedding.

I called my sister up and confronted her, she said any money given to her daughter was owed to my sister for raising her and that she needed all the money she could get to save for her wedding. I said I was disappointed in her and would no longer be giving her the 10k I had planned to gift her for her wedding. She broke down and called me an rear end in a top hat and said I was ruining her life and I tried to point out how she needs to be looking after her daughter not just herself and she then said "if you love her so much then you keep her" and hung up.

I'm really angry with her, my wife says I need to give her some room to breathe and my ex said she's probably put herself under a lot of pressure to get married quickly as she's pregnant (announced it in dec) and we should be more considerate. AITA here?

Edited to add: It's not unusual for us to give our niece money, we've done it many times before without issue at times when money has been tight for my sister or when she achieves highly at school, etc. When she was younger we gave her gift cards or movie tickets but it changed to money as she got more responsible and has never been a problem so its not that.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

therobit posted:

AITA for humiliating my sister in law when she was “defending me” because my husband let me give birth alone

quote:

My brother said I causing trouble in his relationship and his wife feels to embarrassed to speak to anyone in our family

Sounds like a plus to me? :shrug:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
What in tarnation makes some women turn into demons from the depths of hell when it comes to weddings?

It's literally one day and yet people spend five figures on it and become hellspawn for a 50/50 shot of staying married within 20 years

It's insane!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Seth Pecksniff posted:

What in tarnation makes some women turn into demons from the depths of hell when it comes to weddings?

This is why

Seth Pecksniff posted:

people spend five figures on it