Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Given the significant sensitivity in research to early childhood exposure and response, it should never be surprising when extra time and effort is put into anything that affects children < 5 years of age.

If anything, long-term they probably need to actually re-evaluate the exact point of delineation for research and push the age > 5 years generally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

NoDamage posted:

Updated CDC and UKHSA data shows 3-dose vaccine efficacy against hospitalization starting to fall at the 4 month mark.

Not terribly surprising given the same trend occurred with the previous dose, but it does raise a serious question of what we are going to do in a few months when the booster wears off and the whole world has decided to open back up...

Another round of booster shots, presumably. I've been assuming that would be the situation for a while now.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Another round of booster shots, presumably. I've been assuming that would be the situation for a while now.

Indeed, isn't Israel already administering 4th shots at the 4 month mark? I feel I remember reading this, figured it'll only be a matter of time before we adopt the same policy.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

ILoveCovidandDeath posted:

Admin edit: nope.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Going forward, could we get some kind of timelock on hot-button threads like this to prevent people who just reged from posting? It's always some rear end in a top hat's parachute account.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Gynovore posted:

Going forward, could we get some kind of timelock on hot-button threads like this to prevent people who just reged from posting? It's always some rear end in a top hat's parachute account.

Someone crazy enough to pay $10 post poo poo like that is crazy enough to make an account, sit on it for a month or whatever, then post it. I don't think it would help.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Gynovore posted:

Do you mean a time-lock such as a 24 hour wait for brand new accounts to post?

I actually think that's not a bad idea in general. I'll forward the suggestion but you might start a thread in https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=676.

It might slightly reduce people from re-registering only to post really awful poo poo like the (removed) mass suicide manifesto you quoted.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Someone crazy enough to pay $10 post poo poo like that is crazy enough to make an account, sit on it for a month or whatever, then post it. I don't think it would help.

Yeah probably. I'm not entirely sure how alt-checking works on the admin side, so it's still worth mentioning as an idea I think

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Mischievous Mink posted:

Indeed, isn't Israel already administering 4th shots at the 4 month mark? I feel I remember reading this, figured it'll only be a matter of time before we adopt the same policy.

They're already doing it for the elderly/immunocompromised population at the 5 month mark.
A panel's already suggested expanding it to the entire adult population.
https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/israel-mulls-offering-4th-covid-vaccine-dose-all-adults-2022-01-25/

Looks like it gives a temporary boost in protection but quickly falls to 2+booster levels and there's some comments as to whether we can just jam new boosters into people and not have the immune system completely tweak out.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-11/repeat-booster-shots-risk-overloading-immune-system-ema-says

This doesn't seem like a viable path.

Of course the WHO is completely against the idea of pumping vaccines with limited returns into developed countries while undeveloped countries still languish from lack of vaccines.

Is there any new word on the Walter Reed's Pan-Corona vaccine?

killer_robot fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Feb 12, 2022

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
I expect the profit motive is helping drive pan coronavirus sterilizing vaccine development. Pumping 2 year old vaccines into millions must be a huge loss.

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer

droll posted:

Posting conspiracy theories in the d&d thread should get a probation.

Let's stay consistent, shall we?

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

killer_robot posted:

If you believe a user is posting conspiracy theories as you seem to be implying here, it is more helpful to explicitly point out where they're promoting conspiracy theories and/or report.

edit: though we do not moderate on positions in 2022 D&D. If someone is posting what you believe to be conspiracy theories, they should be called upon to defend them.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

killer_robot posted:

Why do you think Capitalism is a conspiracy? Why do you think Pfizer and Moderna aren't going to do everything they can to maximize profits? Why do you think think there's more incentive to cure instead of treat under capitalism?

droll fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Feb 12, 2022

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
Are you arguing the reason we don't have sterilizing coronavirus vaccines is because of profit motive to continue selling non-sterilizing vaccines?

It would be more productive to simply state your arguments (addressing both droll and killer_robot here) instead of speaking in broad generalities. That allows for more focused, meaningful discussion.

edit: state what you are arguing clearly. You are both speaking in broad generalities or vaguely. If you want to engage in good faith with each other, speak clearly and stop dancing around the conversation. Thanks.

\/\/\/\/\/

Fritz the Horse fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Feb 12, 2022

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer

droll posted:

Why do you think Capitalism is a conspiracy? Why do you think Pfizer and Moderna aren't going to do everything they can to maximize profits? Why do you think think there's more incentive to cure instead of treat under capitalism?

I repeat myself, and you haven't offered anything useful to the original question. Thank you for your input.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
The capitalist mode of production does not incentivze one and done cures. Moderna and Pfizer operating under the capitalist mode of production will do everything they can to maximize profits for shareholders. Bill Gates protects IP for this reason. That's my position. Calling this conspiracy shows a clear lack of understanding of Capitalism. Digging up weeks old posts without context or understanding is sad and weird and appears more like posting about posters than a concrete argument.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Thank you for your input. It remains irrelevant to the original question.

killer_robot fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Feb 12, 2022

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

killer_robot posted:

Thank you for your input. It remains irrelevant to the original question.

Your question is

killer_robot posted:

Where you quote me responding to a conspiracy poster that was subsequently threadbanned, asking me to be consistent. You then ignored my responses and follow up questions about why capitalism working against our best interests wrt COVID is "conspiracy".

Now you're ignoring my questions and refuse to clarify your position on it.

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I asked how the walter reed research was going. You gave me some sophomoric doomer-brained anti-capitalism rant about how the EEEVIIILLLLLL forces of capitalism was going to make sure we never got good things.

So. Since

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html

would seem to suggest there's 12 vaccines approved for full use, 16 in early or limited use, and over 100 in active testing/research; it would seem Pfizer/Moderna/capitalism has somehow managed to not to strangle them all in their crib. I was curious as to whether anyone had any information on data on one of those myriad of Covid vaccine techniques that somehow managed to escape the evil clutches of capitalism or whatever you were going on about there.

whiskey patrol
Feb 26, 2003

Solkanar512 posted:

Your posts here constantly poo poo on regulatory agencies who are literally doing everything in their power to get vaccines approved.

This would be approving the vaccines - that's literally within their power.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
if regulatory agencies didn't want to be shat on maybe they should have done the bare loving minimum to inspire any confidence whatsoever throughout the entire pandemic

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...1-february-2022

uuuuuhhh, don't like that deltacron ping. This one may not be mucky instruments.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What did the regulatory agencies do wrong, particularly? The CDC isn't one, and the FDA oversaw the rapid approval of unprecedented vaccines during a plague and they're not actually dangerous.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

whiskey patrol posted:

WHy should they approve a vaccine in a situation where the data doesn't show that it actually works? Why the gently caress do you want them to lie?

A big flaming stink posted:

if regulatory agencies didn't want to be shat on maybe they should have done the bare loving minimum to inspire any confidence whatsoever throughout the entire pandemic

And you think that confidence comes from faking data? Or are you literally just lumping every medical expert and agency out there and blaming them all collectively for the mistakes of a few?

If you guys want to have treatments that haven't been shown to be effective, just take some ivermectin like the rest of the chuds out there.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Comparing the Pfizer vaccine to ivermectin is pretty disingenuous. There's every reason to believe the Pfizer vaccine may be effective in children given that larger doses of the same vaccine has been proven effective in older populations.

The issue is they don't know yet how effective a three course vaccine will be yet, but assuming some efficacy and that it takes three months to administer the full course it's not wholly unreasonable to start shots in the arms/thighs now while the data comes in.

That said I don't understand why they pivoted away from that approach suddenly, but they must have a reason.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

StratGoatCom posted:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...1-february-2022

uuuuuhhh, don't like that deltacron ping. This one may not be mucky instruments.

Could you explain this a little more?

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Koos Group posted:

Could you explain this a little more?

I'll just quote the link

:ohdear: posted:

Signals currently under monitoring and investigation
B.1.640
BA.3
Delta x Omicron Recombinant (UK)

The big TL;DR is that one of the more alarming scenarios is if Omicron merges with delta and possibly creates a virus with some of the 'best' traits from both, or even wildcards from mixtures of traits from two different clades.

There was a brief scare about that in Greece earlier this year, but that appears to be have been gunked up instruments, last I checked. This was probably in the cards no matter what, given current policy, and may or may not be nothing, depending on what precisely it got from its parents, but... well, it's potentially extremely bad news if it's cropped up, and apparently the UK is tracking it inside and out.

I really hope this is just another contamination, or a signal that goes nowhere.

StratGoatCom fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 13, 2022

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Please don't inject kids with stuff that hasn't gone through the full regulatory processes holy smokes

They are there for a reason

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

whiskey patrol posted:

I feel like the view of the FDA that some posters hold is some simplified caricature with Mr. FDA sitting at a desk with an oversized lever that has "Approve" written on it that he just can't get around to pulling. Pharma companies have to meet stringent safety and efficacy requirements, including documenting and providing data to the FDA, prior to the FDA being able to approve anything. If those companies are delayed in providing data, their data isn't impressive from an efficacy point of view, or it shows potential safety issues, the FDA isn't going to try to jump the gun to approve anything unless there's a clearly demonstrated positive risk-benefit.

The demand to de facto declare that these vaccines work perfectly and approve them for pediatric patients is no different than previous demands to de facto approve hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin, just because it seemed at the time they might help. There was pressure on the FDA to do so by similarly driven and scientifically disinclined individuals. We need to have solid evidence before we start injecting millions of kids with these vaccines and it takes time to get that evidence, especially in pediatric patients due to all the extra hoops that come with "experimenting" on kids and ensuring there is good follow-up to confirm no lasting issues.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

ElrondHubbard posted:

The demand to de facto declare that these vaccines work perfectly and approve them for pediatric patients is no different than previous demands to de facto approve hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin, just because it seemed at the time they might help. There was pressure on the FDA to do so by similarly driven and scientifically disinclined individuals.
Again it's a disingenuous to compare the Pfizer vaccine with HCQ and ivermectin. The former has established effectiveness in adults and older children and an established safety profile in young children. Efficacy isn't established yet with the three dose regimen and that's a fair reason to withhold approval.

But the people asking the FDA to act aren't anti-science. They want to take a calculated chance to begin vaccinations now so that, if it's shown effective we're two months ahead on getting that population vaccinated. And if it turns out to not be effective, well, we don't have many alternatives.

I totally agree the FDA should take the course it feels is best here, even if it means a delay in vaccinations. But please don't misrepresent this argument as being equal to "treatments" that were never demonstrated to be effective any population.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

ExcessBLarg! posted:

But the people asking the FDA to act aren't anti-science. They want to take a calculated chance to begin vaccinations now so that, if it's shown effective we're two months ahead on getting that population vaccinated. And if it turns out to not be effective, well, we don't have many alternatives.

But it's not just about the potential for it not being effective, it's about the potential for adverse effects, especially in children who are extremely unlikely to die of COVID in the first place. That's the same reason many countries suspended AZ for people under a certain age threshhold: because they were more likely to die of a blood clot than die of COVID. (But very, very unlikely to die of either.)

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

If they approve vaccination for kids and then later have to backtrack on it if the risk of adverse effects turns out to be too high, the turboboost the antivaxx movement would get would be insane

Not saying they shouldn't approve it anyway (I'm too stupid to have an informed opinion one way or the other), but I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of the possible harms they're taking into account.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

VitalSigns posted:

If they approve vaccination for kids and then later have to backtrack on it if the risk of adverse effects turns out to be too high, the turboboost the antivaxx movement would get would be insane

Not saying they shouldn't approve it anyway (I'm too stupid to have an informed opinion one way or the other), but I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of the possible harms they're taking into account.

Yeah it'd be the end of effective vaccination programs, pretty much forever

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

VitalSigns posted:

Or if it's safe but doesn't help much since the dosage is way too low.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I've got my first antivaxx library post outlined and I'll work it up for posting after I finish setting up the Kellies nominations post. Probably an ETA of about a week.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Alctel posted:

Yeah it'd be the end of effective vaccination programs, pretty much forever

This is a tangent: I think we're already kinda there.

No comment on <5 EUA. Just, it doesn't seem[citation needed] like we'll have an overwhelming vaccinated population for any disease ever again.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
just fyi smeef has been posting excellent stuff about attitudes towards vaccination in Hong Kong in the China thread

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Potato Salad posted:

This is a tangent: I think we're already kinda there.

No comment on <5 EUA. Just, it doesn't seem[citation needed] like we'll have an overwhelming vaccinated population for any disease ever again.

Maybe in the US, other countries are still doing pretty well although we are getting bogged down in US anti-vax poo poo (who the gently caress is funding all of this?)

If they botched up a children vaccine rollout though, whoo boy all bets are off

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Alctel posted:

Maybe in the US, other countries are still doing pretty well although we are getting bogged down in US anti-vax poo poo (who the gently caress is funding all of this?)

I'll be getting into that a bit in my antivaxx library posts, but the short version is the even-fringier parts of the dietary supplement industry were probably the largest player in the beginning because they were well-positioned to profit off of it (as well as their association proxies, like these guys). Even later on, as antivaxx became politically polarized, at least one of the right-wing framed antivaccine efforts was actually a front set up by an existing alt-med news network NaturalNews, that rebranded to go far-right. They're the folks who had a way to directly profit by promoting vaccination alternatives, and historically, that's where the antivaxx movement comes from.

As I finish writing up the antivaxx movement I'll be introducing a specific regulatory policy that goons can actively champion which will (eventually) remove a lot of the financial incentive for the antivaxx movement. It's too late to stop the deathcount this time, but it would save a lot of other lives- and it's unusual in that it's a policy development situation where doing things like contacting your congressman and spreading the word online can actually make a difference.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Denmark - 12 February 2022

Not a lot to say. It's like watching a lava flow slowly creep towards a town or something.

February will probably hit about the same case total as January, we're up to 2.29 million cases with 105,523 re-infections over the pandemic now.
ICU levels staying low, but at what cost - the bodycount hit 37 yesterday... this isn't "winning". Yeah Omicron is less severe than Delta but this still feels like giving up.

Table 1. Actual and Reported Denmark COVID Cases reported per day
pre:
	Actual	Reported	New	Total
Date	Cases	Cases	Reinf.	Hosp.	Hosp.	ICU		Vent		Dead
==============================================================================================
Feb 12	   ---	44,350	2,259	  427	1,316	30 (-2)		 9 (+0)		37
Feb 11	 19.288	48,170	2,968	  421	1,379	32 (-1)		 9 (+1)		24
Feb 10	45,035	53,747	3,205	  415	1,354	33 (-1)		12 (+1)		29
Feb 09	50,252	55,120	3,262	  451	1,332	34 (-5)		11 (-4)		21
Feb 08	55,576	49,798	2,759	  419	1,315	39 (+8)		15 (+3)		18
Feb 07	57,347	34,849	1,836	  314	1,294	31 (-3)		12 (+0)		28
Feb 06	42,234	36,512	1,841	  307	1,203	34 (+3)		12 (+0)		18
Feb 05	33,604	39,190	2,061	  370	1,138	31 (-2)		12 (-1)		35
Feb 04	37,192	40.179	2,241	  376	1,156	33 (+6)		13 (+1)		17
Feb 03	39,792	44,225	2,513	  365	1,116	27 (+1)		12 (-4)		21
Feb 02	40,476	55,001	2,992	  343	1,092	26 (-2)		16 (+2)		20
Feb 01	46,118	45,366	2,515	  337	1,070	28 (-4)		14 (-1)		15
Jan 31	56,397	29,084	1,478	  255	1,028	32 (+1)		15 (+0)		17
Jan 30	34,881	36,196	2,055	  231	  948	31 (-4)		15 (-4)		21
Jan 29	29,907	41,083	2,332	  271	  922	35 (+2)		19 (+0)		17
Jan 28	38,122	53,655	3,263	  305	  967	33 (-4)		19 (-3)		26
Jan 27	39,067	51,033	3,119	  318	  955	37 (-3)		22 (-3)		18
Jan 26	41,695	46,747	3,028	  298	  938	40 (-4)		25 (-3)		14
Jan 25	48,640	43,734	2,856	  318	  918	44 (+1)		28 (-1)		14
Jan 24	53,663	40,348	2,501	  242	  894	43 (+1)		29 (+2)		13
Jan 23	38,017	42,018	2,755	  215	  813	42 (-3)		27 (-1)		12
Jan 22	34,713	36,120	2,285	  220	  781	45 (+1)		28 (-1)		25
Jan 21	37,409	46,831	3,160	  244	  813	44 (-5)		29 (+1)		21
Jan 20	37,420	40,626	2,639	  232	  825	49 (-1)		28 (-2)		15
Jan 19	37,595	38,759	2,285	  248	  821	50 (+1)		30 (+1)		16
Jan 18	40,303	33,493	2,002	  264	  810	49 (-3)		29 (-8)		14
Jan 17	41,486	28,780	1,815	  203	  802	52 (-7)		37 (-4)		11
Jan 16	28,179	26,169	1,614	  159	  734	59 (+0)		41 (+1)		16 
Jan 15	25,188	25,034	1,644	  202	  711	59 (-1)		40 (+4)		16
Jan 14	25,883	23,614	1,519	  215	  757	60 (-4)		36 (-2)		15
Jan 13	23,776	25,751	1,822	  194	  755	64 (-9)		38 (-8)		20
Jan 12	22,575	24,343	1,614	  215	  751	73 (+0)		46 (+0)		25
Jan 11	22,656	22,936	1,459	  181	  754	73 (-1)		46 (-1)		14
Jan 10	23,244	14,414	  941	  156	  777	74 (-3)		47 (-3)		 9 
Jan 09	16,330	19,248	1,327	  126	  723	77 (-1) 	50 (-2) 	14 
Jan 08	13,573	12,588	  984	  161	  730	78 (+0) 	52 (-1) 	28 
Jan 07	14,434	18,261	1,482	  186	  755	78 (-4) 	53 (+4) 	10  
Jan 06	15,417	25,995	2,027	  161	  756	82 (+2) 	47 (-2) 	11  
Jan 05	17,577	28,283	2,083	  204	  784	80 (+3) 	49 (+2) 	15
Jan 04	23,698	23,372	1,701	  229	  792	77 (+4) 	47 (+1) 	15
Jan 03*	25,617	 8,801	  532	  169	  770	73 (-3) 	46 (-4) 	 5
Jan 02  19,906 	 7,550	  404	  163	  709	76 (+3) 	50 (+1) 	15
Jan 01   8,631	20,885	1,049	  139	  647	73 (+0) 	49 (+0) 	 5
Dec 31   9,728	17,605	1,090	  177	  641	73 (-2) 	49 (-1) 	11
Dec 30  19,927	21,403	1,123	  178	  665	75 (-2) 	50 (-2) 	 9
Dec 29  17,245	23,228	1,205	  173	  675	77 (+6) 	52 (+2) 	16
Dec 28  21,955	13,000	  670	  177	  666	71 (+1) 	50 (+4) 	14
Dec 27  22,616	16,164	  639	  115	  608	70 (-1) 	46 (-2) 	 7
Dec 26  10,965	14,844	  644	  123	  579	71 (-2) 	43 (+1) 	13
Dec 25   7,853	10,027	  463	   86	  522	73 (-1) 	44 (+5) 	10
Dec 24   7,054	11,229	  527	  134	  509	74 (+2) 	39 (+1) 	14
Dec 23  12,605	12,487	  613	  158	  541	72 (+6) 	38 (+1)		15
Dec 22  11,591	13,386	  531	  126	  524	66 (-1) 	37 (+2)		14 
Dec 21  13,011	13,558	  501	  121	  526	67 (+1) 	35 (+2)		17
Dec 20  13,288	10,082	  ---	   85	  581	66 (+3) 	33 (-2)		 8
Dec 19  10,231 	 8,212
Dec 18  10,049 	 8,594
Dec 17  10.614	11,194
Dec 16  10,171 	 9,999
Dec 15  10,775 	 8,773	  ---	   96	  508	66 (+0)		43 (-3)		 9
Dec 13  10,294 	 7,799	  ---	   61	  480	64 (-1)		42 (+0)		 9
Dec 12   6,986 	 5,989	  ---	   82	  468	65 (+5)		42 (+6)	 	 9
Dec 08   6,560 	 6,629	  ---	   72	  461	66 (-1)		38 (-1)		 7
Dec 01   4,464 	 5,120	  ---	   88	  439	35 (+1)		35 (+1)		14

Table 2: ICU Bed Usage, Weekly (reported every 2 weeks)
pre:
Date      		Bed Availability
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31 January  	313 ICU beds, 27 COVID, 75 available
24 January  	322 ICU beds, 38 COVID, 72 available
17 January  	328 ICU beds, 54 COVID, 66 available
10 January  	331 ICU beds, 72 COVID, 29 available
03 January  	331 ICU beds, 76 COVID, 32 available
27 December	316 ICU beds, 71 COVID, 62 available 
20 December 	317 ICU beds, 60 COVID, 59 available
13 December 	319 ICU beds, 64 COVID, 39 available
06 December 	310 ICU beds, 67 COVID, 10 available <-- squeaky bum time here
29 November	318 ICU beds, 61 COVID, 25 available
Sourcea:
https://www.rkkp.dk/kvalitetsdatabaser/databaser/dansk-intensiv-database/resultater/
https://covid19.ssi.dk/overvagningsdata/download-fil-med-overvaagningdata
https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/242ec2acc014456295189631586f1d26
https://covid19.ssi.dk/virusvarianter/delta-pcr

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Funnily enough the (Australian) ABC sent their Europe correspondent to Denmark to do a whole long package on the situation there which ran on this evening's news. Here's the written version if you're interested: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-13/denmark-has-taken-living-with-covid-to-a-whole-new-level/100812736

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

freebooter posted:

Funnily enough the (Australian) ABC sent their Europe correspondent to Denmark to do a whole long package on the situation there which ran on this evening's news. Here's the written version if you're interested: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-13/denmark-has-taken-living-with-covid-to-a-whole-new-level/100812736

A couple of bits that stood out to me:

quote:

Philip Kongsted, a 25-year-old student, said he believed Danes would do the right thing. "It's like the normal flu — when you feel the symptoms … you stay home."
(bolding is mine)

quote:

Dr Krause said the willingness of Danes to follow official advice was a factor in lifting restrictions.
"People in Denmark are very responsible," she said. "I think people, in general, they have a high degree of trust in the authorities and then they follow the recommendations."
But she warned many other countries would be poorly placed to scrap all restrictions in a similar fashion.

If Denmark somehow succeeds I can't imagine the U.S. being able to replicate it. Our culture was broken before COVID, but now it's shattered into tiny pieces.

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Feb 13, 2022