Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Ballz posted:

Did I miss it or have we already talked about Ray Stevenson joining the cast of Ahsoka to play Admiral Definitely Not Thrawn?

He looks like a Gilad Pellaeon to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Ballz posted:

Did I miss it or have we already talked about Ray Stevenson joining the cast of Ahsoka to play Admiral Definitely Not Thrawn?

(Imperial Fleet) THIRTEEN!!!

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Vinylshadow posted:

He looks like a Gilad Pellaeon to me

:agreed:

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CseVAyj0PsU

The best part of this is the aspect ratio.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Ballz posted:

He's gonna be Kyle Katarn.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I thought I heard somewhere that they had brought back Lars Mikkelsen to play Thrawn?

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Spookydonut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CseVAyj0PsU

The best part of this is the aspect ratio.

this makes it look far better than it was

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Everyone posted:

That's... kind of hosed up. I admit that my response to Lucas's answer would probably have been something like "I'm sure they did, eventually. Any thoughts on stuff that might have happened between the end of Return of the Jedi and them becoming corpses?" Likely answer from him: "No."

By the time Lucas did Jedi he was probably pretty much done with these characters.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Darth Brooks posted:

By the time Lucas did Jedi he was probably pretty much done with these characters.

Honestly, I think I would have been fine with that. I kind of wish that The Force Hits the Snooze Button had opened like 300 or 3000 years after the previous trilogy instead of 30. Have everyone who was in the original and prequels safely dead and gone. Have Tatooine be a jungle planet now. Just do a bunch of new, interesting stuff.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

That would have made the story of the Imperial cosplayers better too. Show that this thing grew up after a long period of peace and it feels more like a genuine threat, rather than a bunch of petulant wannabees,

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

thats not candy posted:

this makes it look far better than it was

This is what the Auralnauts do. They make Star Wars good.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Ballz posted:

I mean maybe he's actually just playing Gar Saxon, the character that he plays. Or his son or something. Basically whoever the rival for Sabine is going to be.

thrawn527 posted:

(Imperial Fleet) THIRTEEN!!!

It’s fun seeing posts like this because this is basically what they just did in Rebels. They had both Titus Pullo and Lucius Vorenus as opposing Mandalorian leaders.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Feb 12, 2022

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Hakkesshu posted:

I mean maybe he's actually just playing Gar Saxon, the character that he plays. Or his son or something. Basically whoever the rival for Sabine is going to be.

It’s fun seeing posts like this because this is basically what they just did in Rebels. They had both Titus Pullo and Lucius Vorenus as opposing Mandalorian leaders.

Just like with Anthony and Octavian

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Everyone posted:

That's... kind of hosed up. I admit that my response to Lucas's answer would probably have been something like "I'm sure they did, eventually. Any thoughts on stuff that might have happened between the end of Return of the Jedi and them becoming corpses?" Likely answer from him: "No."
https://youtu.be/Bq30vO3K4Lw

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
How did they manage to have so much fanfare in a finale and still make it poo poo? They need to stop letting Rodriguez do things.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

teagone posted:

Don’t toy with me like that.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Hakkesshu posted:

I actually totally forgot he played him, this is a good point.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The article I linked to said he’s playing an admiral, but stressed it’s not Thrawn.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Ballz posted:

The article I linked to said he’s playing an admiral, but stressed it’s not Thrawn.

drat, he’s a dead ringer for Garrick Versio (formerly a captain, died at Jakku though).

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Y'know, Grogu's new mithril shirt is cool but I dunno how useful it really is, considering that his little goblin head is like half the area of his body and completely uncovered.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

BrianWilly posted:

Y'know, Grogu's new mithril shirt is cool but I dunno how useful it really is, considering that his little goblin head is like half the area of his body and completely uncovered.

Just give him a helmet next when they go on their spirit quest to Mandalore.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

youre right. they should have made him a coif

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Smythe posted:

youre right. they should have made him a coif

Give Grogu a gorget.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Head's where the most Force is, he's fine there

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
The ithorian getting garroted was a little jarring. Seemed a little much for a Star Wars

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Icon Of Sin posted:

drat, he’s a dead ringer for Garrick Versio (formerly a captain, died at Jakku though).

Wouldn't the dead ringer for Garrick just be Anthony Skordi, the guy who played him?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

It works better for spice to be space heroin because it strengthens Han Solo's redemption arc for him to have been talking about doing something worse than being a weed supplier

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 12, 2022

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Demon Of The Fall posted:

The ithorian getting garroted was a little jarring. Seemed a little much for a Star Wars

As opposed to a Hutt being strangled to death with a chain?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Brawnfire posted:

Head's where the most Force is, he's fine there

He has the best plot armor of all - he's adorable and crucial to the plot.

Seriously, Grogu is the new "Groot" of Star Wars. Disney's going to make the little green boi integral to Star Wars until the heat death of the universe because he's effectively immortal.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

And even if we all somehow had no way to use decades of Star Wars context to know that “spice” is hard drugs, Solo explicitly shows the slave labor responsible for mining it.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

chitoryu12 posted:

And even if we all somehow had no way to use decades of Star Wars context to know that “spice” is hard drugs, Solo explicitly shows the slave labor responsible for mining it.

who watched Solo?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

So... Do probe droids have to return to their base in order to report what they've detected? No distance telemetry?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Brawnfire posted:

So... Do probe droids have to return to their base in order to report what they've detected? No distance telemetry?

Why do you ask? ESB already says no.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

teagone posted:

that's Dash Rendar to you buster

Bismuth posted:

who watched Solo?

I did and it's better than episodes II and IX by a long shot

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Seriously, Grogu is the new "Groot" of Star Wars. Disney's going to make the little green boi integral to Star Wars until the heat death of the universe because he's effectively immortal.

I hope not. Disney marketed the gently caress out of baby Groot from the end of the first Guardians while he ended up having literally no impact on the rest of the films other than becoming the handle for Stormbreaker.

Bismuth posted:

who watched Solo?

Solo was fine.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

Why do you ask? ESB already says no.

Because in Clone Wars and Rebels they keep shooting probe droids that are speeding away from their secret locations and treating it like it's a success.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

chitoryu12 posted:

oh, also that Clone Wars arc with Ahsoka and the two sisters

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

Because in Clone Wars and Rebels they keep shooting probe droids that are speeding away from their secret locations and treating it like it's a success.

I think in those shows the deal is that the probe droids need to return to their drop pods to transmit back to command. It's conceivable that probe droid technology advanced and they just started putting the transmitters right on them.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I kind of want to rewatch Solo because I wasn’t familiar with what happened in Clone Wars or Rebels when I first saw it, and I feel like I’d enjoy it more now that I’m more familiar with that bit of the Star Wars universe.

And I didn’t even hate Solo when I saw it! I ranked it as “all right, better than what the Internet keeps telling me.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ballz posted:

I kind of want to rewatch Solo because I wasn’t familiar with what happened in Clone Wars or Rebels when I first saw it, and I feel like I’d enjoy it more now that I’m more familiar with that bit of the Star Wars universe.

And I didn’t even hate Solo when I saw it! I ranked it as “all right, better than what the Internet keeps telling me.”

It honestly wasn't bad at all. I think the thing I hate the most about it is that they didn't do the drat sequel they very obviously set it up for.