Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Whenever you lose your rank due to inactivity, it drops you like three skill groups. I have done that a bunch so my rank is dog poo poo due to playing on and off a bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

mcvey posted:

I don't think I'd still be playing CSGO if I had to play it through matchmaking.

See the light today https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635620

:same:

goonmans are a lotta fun

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Woodenlung posted:

It took me forever to get global. Hard stuck in supreme for the longest time, and when I finally did it, it was just me a friend queueing... Getting a cheating Russian who got me there lol.

Got lvl 10 on faceit and kept it for 20 games or so. Been close to getting it again a few times, but mostly just stay around lvl 7 and 8 these days. Certainly feel a big difference when playing lvl 5 to 8 and then when you get into a match of mostly 9s and 10s.

Got my first global back in like 2015 when I thought it actually meant something, and it was in a game where I bottom fragged, my team lost a huge lead (probably due to my lovely performance) AND I failed an easy 1v1 clutch that ended the game at 15-15. It was incredibly anti-climactic lol

e: I remember being a master guardian and thinking that when I reached global I'd basically be a pro player. Sweet innocence :allears:

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 26, 2021

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Stealthgerbil posted:

Whenever you lose your rank due to inactivity, it drops you like three skill groups. I have done that a bunch so my rank is dog poo poo due to playing on and off a bunch.

Not at all for me. Every time ive stopped playing i was LEM and whenever i come back it puts me there or LE. I just broke my 8 month detox and it put me on LE again

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm low ranked because I'm bad at the game. If I was better at it I would probably have a higher rank.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i feel this is where i belong cause im very inconsistent and yet have remained here for years.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

ArfJason posted:

i feel this is where i belong cause im very inconsistent and yet have remained here for years.

this is what i say about goonmans when i play one every few months

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
goonmans prove to me that when saddled with high ping, not only am i on a bnig handicap, i also am mentally, situationally and strategically impaired without taking the ping into account

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Not at all for me. Every time ive stopped playing i was LEM and whenever i come back it puts me there or LE. I just broke my 8 month detox and it put me on LE again

I think it depends on how long your break was, I used to be MG2 but last time I went back into competitive it put me at nova 1 lmfao

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

ArfJason posted:

goonmans prove to me that when saddled with high ping, not only am i on a bnig handicap, i also am mentally, situationally and strategically impaired without taking the ping into account

goonmans prove to me that when you die it's because you suck but when you kill it's because of you being a laggy cheater

fr though high ping will very soon make a man realize how optimistically he expects aim to bail him out of situations he shouldn't be in

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Kehveli posted:

goonmans prove to me that when you die it's because you suck but when you kill it's because of you being a laggy cheater

fr though high ping will very soon make a man realize how optimistically he expects aim to bail him out of situations he shouldn't be in

Don't you rack up like 25 kills with 150 ping? I wish I could do that :(

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
I mean I'll have decent games but there's also gonna be more 8-20 games in there in turn. But I mean it's a chaotic goon pug experience so at least there's no real problem in just turning on high risk high reward and laughing when it goes wrong and you look dumb.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Not really a hot topic around here but CSGO had its first major in 2 years in Stockholm with Navi taking the crown. Also viewer numbers were exceptionally high (even after Valve nuked non-prime accounts). A Q.Final match had 1.35 million viewers which beat out the previous best GF match from 2017. The final match between Navi and G2 had more than 2.5 million viewers.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
https://streamable.com/06pk9t

The miss heard around the world

Hope they do a graffiti of it

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

mcvey posted:

wow he just mcveyed all over the place

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHKkysrNVwo

God that hurts to see. But good for s1mple finally getting his major win and good for somebody finally tying Boombl4 down that guy was taking all the ladies from the rest of us.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
shame it didn't go to map 3, but both nuke and ancient were good games, even though the latter didn't take place on a real map worth playing

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Nuke is the best map in the pool right now

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

mcvey posted:

the harshest graffiti of them all.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHKkysrNVwo

God that hurts to see. But good for s1mple finally getting his major win and good for somebody finally tying Boombl4 down that guy was taking all the ladies from the rest of us.

Final was really fun to watch, haven't been watching pro CSGO in a while but this was a great game even though they didn't get to go to the third map. s1mple is just so incredibly good at this game.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnuxLxQdin0

Amazing that it was a complete whiff every time given the possibility of shots landing.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Niko just a big choker. Was nice to see Simple win it, although I was cheering for Heroic as Cadian is bae

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

are goonmans still happening on the regular? i haven't played in a while and want to jump in to get 10 kills in a goonman

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

ilmucche posted:

are goonmans still happening on the regular? i haven't played in a while and want to jump in to get 10 kills in a goonman

Every drat day

Join the discord

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635620

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

okay I have rejoined the discord

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

cant play this game for poo poo anymore

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I don't have a few of the maps on the server, will they download automatically when i try to join?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

ilmucche posted:

I don't have a few of the maps on the server, will they download automatically when i try to join?

Yup it should. There's a setting to allow/not allow server downloads but iirc it defaults to allow it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Did my best to carry against Magisk and his stack of faceit 10s, alas

Also lost to sjuush and MSL recently, so my bingo card of getting my rear end handed to me by washed pros is slowly filling out

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Bohemian Nights posted:

Also lost to sjuush and MSL recently, so my bingo card of getting my rear end handed to me by washed pros is slowly filling out

Pretty drat impressive imo

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Its still a great showing. Wish i could be at that level lol

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Bohemian Nights posted:

You are too good for us.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
https://twitter.com/keen_csgo/status/1480815312417210370

amazing

Bohemian Nights posted:

Impressive stuff. My biggest claim to fame is playing with Ave and some of the early fragster guys haha

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
ESportal is pretty cool like that! After you reach a decent elo you're consistently matched against top players on the site, and since almost every scandi pro seems to prefer esportal to faceit, you're pretty likely to run into them. Met and beat xizt early last year, and I would have played JW if the match didn't get cancelled in warmup

The dream is to play against f0rest or friberg, then I've met every player from the best NiP lineup

I guess krimz would be cool too, but he exclusively plays in a stack that's basically a mix team with a 90%+ win ratio, so...

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

2022 update: still bad at this video game

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014
lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmbc-hRXw9k

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Watching the demo from our faceit match yesterday, the other team had some truly great arguments

https://youtu.be/yiMnyF6TNyI

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
thats easily the best part of using third party matchmaking services lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

ChrisJ continues to die on the stupidest loving hill.