Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Pragmatica posted:

Nope. Not that we could figure out at least.

Weird, okay thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
Just loaded the game for the first time and found that some of the classes are gender locked. Da gently caress?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

96 spacejam posted:

It stops accuring if you've muted the stream (not the tab) or have been inactive from the tab for a significant amount of time.

You'll notice the presents pop up giving you more and more channel points the less you participate but more you watch idk

Yeah, dunno. I leave it on my second monitor unmuted. Has always worked fine before. This drop seems to be stuck. Blegh.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Philthy posted:

Yeah, dunno. I leave it on my second monitor unmuted. Has always worked fine before. This drop seems to be stuck. Blegh.
There are two streamer teams. One gives access to one drop, another the second. If it's stuck you're likely watching the wrong team. Many streamers seem to have no idea about this and don't put their team anywhere.

It still goes up if you mute the stream, and staying out of the tab works fine as long as your browser doesn't stop processing it. At least it does with the adblock setup I have going & all the usual twitch addons to chrome.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Charles 1998 posted:

Just loaded the game for the first time and found that some of the classes are gender locked. Da gently caress?

By some, you mean all, right? Unfortunately that’s apparently the current fashion for Korean MMOs.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Charles 1998 posted:

very common for asian games

think of it like western locked racial classes

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Lima posted:

I think you have to click 20 green books first, so just save the blue ones for now.

Seems rude of them to give me 15 of one type from a quest and 5 of another type and then be like heh those don’t work together idiot

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

By some, you mean all, right? Unfortunately that’s apparently the current fashion for Korean MMOs.

I saw the menu for like 20 seconds and it had (male) and (female) versions for some classes.

Third World Reagan posted:

very common for asian games

think of it like western locked racial classes

This makes total sense and now I am not as weirded out by it.

Edit: So instead of racials do we get sexials?

Charles 1998 fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Feb 12, 2022

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Khorne posted:

There are two streamer teams. One gives access to one drop, another the second. If it's stuck you're likely watching the wrong team. Many streamers seem to have no idea about this and don't put their team anywhere.

It still goes up if you mute the stream, and staying out of the tab works fine as long as your browser doesn't stop processing it. At least it does with the adblock setup I have going & all the usual twitch addons to chrome.

If anyone else is trying to figure out all the details on this, you go to this page (https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/twitch-drops#twitch-drops) to link up your Twitch and Steam accounts to your Lost Ark account, then this page (https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/community/legends-of-lost-ark) has links to all the various streams that will count towards progress to get the rewards.

Looks like it takes about 4 hours of watching per reward, but you can mute Twitch in your browser and it still counts, which makes it a bit easier to just set and forget. Downside is you can't get credit for multiple streams at once, unfortunately.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
god drat you guys werent kidding when you said that sorceress at low levels feels like cheating.

joepinetree fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 12, 2022

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Hefty posted:

Seems rude of them to give me 15 of one type from a quest and 5 of another type and then be like heh those don’t work together idiot

Yeah it's not very well laid out but when you get the purple quests that award green books there are also yellow quests that will take you the rest of the way to 20 so you can unlock your class engraving. Look near the pvp area in the castle.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
so if you're trying to make a character on a server that says cannot create, do you just sit there at the menu and randomly spam enter or do you have to fully restart? it doesn't seem like the status updates?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Khorne posted:

This kind of makes me want to delete the game entirely.

What the actual gently caress.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Are the Twitch drops all just paper hat things? Because... gently caress that.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

stev posted:

That’s just the active one now: https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/community/legends-of-lost-ark

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

stev posted:

There's a paper hat, a mount, a chocobo looking pet thing, and a loot chest but they have to get unlocked over the next few days.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Some classes (gunslinger) have essentially a carbon copy for both genders, and the developer has mentioned that making more like that is a priority, but yeah it is kinda strange imo.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I have sadly come to the unfortunate conclusion that what I really, really want to play is a male version of the Sorceress, which doesn't even exist in the Korean version and as far as I know there's no indication it ever will.

I know I could just play a Sorceress but I usually like my "main" character to match my own gender (specifically in games with character creation like MMOs--in story-driven single-player games I don't care about the player character's gender at all).

I should probably try Sharpshooter or something because at least that's a male ranged class that looks like it gets cool armor skins.

Khorne posted:

Yeah I just left two streams up, muted, in different tabs to get the drops so far.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 12, 2022

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Harrow posted:

Is anyone playing Sharpshooter?

Because I sorta agree I'm finding Paladin a little "meh" to play solo and maybe leveling a pure DPS first and just boosting Paladin will be better. I could go Sorceress like everyone else, she does look really fun to play, but I really like the aesthetic of Sharpshooter so I'm curious about it. It's the only gunner class I'm interested in really.

I hear you on Sharpshooter: I was quite interested in them since they do feel quite simple, safe and fluid while still having a nice little complexity in switching between ranged and melee moves (where the ranged attacks are your power attacks and melee moves have special properties like charging up your hawk meter). I always like classes that have a little back-and-forth, a little bit of all, like a red mage or something, haha. Charge moves look really satisfying as well. However, I am probably going Deadeye just because they have the same style I'm looking for where switching weapons makes you alter your attack range but in a more complex way (and for some reason I really like complexity). All of the gunner classes look quite fun to me though, so I could imagine me alting all of them just like how I have a bunch of alts in DFO.

FutureCop fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 12, 2022

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
The funny thing about the twitch drops at the moment is that you're watching Streamers stream.... youtube videos of Lost Ark because they're stuck in queue. You can't make this stuff up.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
If I just got to Vern Castle and I have 3/7 of the Ark pieces, am I anywhere near the end of the story? Or am I really less than half of the way there? I'm curious what point I get my other Powerpass buffs.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Artillerist is a male Sorc but he casts with his giant wand

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

So which west coast server is goon territory

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008

Syrinxx posted:

So which west coast server is goon territory

Mari according to the Discord

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I got the paper hat by leaving a stream running overnight with the speakers turned off.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Baller Time posted:

Artillerist is a male Sorc but he casts with his giant wand

I'd be more into that if he didn't seem so slow and lumbering. I wanna teleport around and poo poo.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Count Thrashula posted:

If I just got to Vern Castle and I have 3/7 of the Ark pieces, am I anywhere near the end of the story? Or am I really less than half of the way there? I'm curious what point I get my other Powerpass buffs.
I think you get the powerpasses at or near the end of the North Vern story.

There's more story interspersed between content tiers as your ilevel gets high enough, but the T1 endgame stuff all unlocks during the NV quests afaik.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I think I’m like level 17 and just got to the desert. I like parts of the game but dislike other parts so much that I think it’s probably not for me. I wouldn’t mind seeing that big set piece people were talking about though. Am I close?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

ultrachrist posted:

I think I’m like level 17 and just got to the desert. I like parts of the game but dislike other parts so much that I think it’s probably not for me. I wouldn’t mind seeing that big set piece people were talking about though. Am I close?

I think it's around 30-32. I think.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
I hit it at 28 or 29 because there was a thing I couldn’t do in the castle after bc I wasn’t lvl 30 yet.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

sharknado slashfic posted:

I got the paper hat by leaving a stream running overnight with the speakers turned off.

Yeah it's a silly campaign but it's not that complicated. There's actually 3 "teams" and by the end of the (very long) time period they will all probably have the T3 drops unlocked. Just afk in one (turn the stream quality down and mute it) and go about your day.

https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/community/legends-of-lost-ark Below the scoreboard there are links to each of the participating streamers' streams, there's a lot more than two of them!

Here's the scores at the time of this post. All 3 teams have until March 1st to keep unlocking tiers so that's potentially 3 weeks of waiting for the final drop tier to unlock. Since these people play games all day for a living I assume their objectives won't actually take that long to complete.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 12, 2022

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
When you use a powerpass on a new character, what happens in terms of engravings? Do they give you 20 class engraving books?

Also I screwed up and spit one class engraving, bleh.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
If the gender locking thing feels weird it makes sense to think of it like diablo 2 or marvel heroes, where they weren't classes but effectively specific people.

Like yes the latter had some skins that did the gender flip to pay homage to the comics or whatever but you were actually playing as Hulk or Captain Marvel or Iron Man and not "energy punch fighter" or "missile and laser launcher".

Just here they let you play pretty princess dress-up as well

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

My only particular complaint is that I wish I could move the cooldowns (or even the skill bars if necessary) closer to the center of the screen ala weak auras in wow

e: using the korean audio and boss sounds seem to be missing

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 12, 2022

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Wow this "story" is real fuckin dumb

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Finally sitting down to try this and all the servers have 10000+ queue's what is this bullshit. :argh: Would the cheapest starter pack give me priority or something or should I not bother?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

sharknado slashfic posted:

e: using the korean audio and boss sounds seem to be missing

I think there was a glitch where telling steam to download the Korean pack launches the game before it fully downloads, just quit out and try to install it again.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

How do the Proving Grounds events actually work? I tried the regular one and won a few matches but didn't notice any reward. Right now the Blue Dragon Territory (6v6) co-op battle event is live and I have two matches and one win but no rewards. Am I just dumb or how do you get rewards?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gwaihir posted:

Some classes (gunslinger) have essentially a carbon copy for both genders, and the developer has mentioned that making more like that is a priority, but yeah it is kinda strange imo.

They arent carbon copies though. They have different playstyles actually. Superficially they are similar in the same way wardancer and striker are similar from an aesthetic sense but they play differently.

This is the same dynamics as in other F2P korean games, classes are considered content. The type of content that has people return to the game to try them out. Thats less likely to happen if the class is a carbon copy with the gender swapped out.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Harrow posted:

Is anyone playing Sharpshooter?

Because I sorta agree I'm finding Paladin a little "meh" to play solo and maybe leveling a pure DPS first and just boosting Paladin will be better. I could go Sorceress like everyone else, she does look really fun to play, but I really like the aesthetic of Sharpshooter so I'm curious about it. It's the only gunner class I'm interested in really.

Sharpshooter is good. I’m up to about ilvl500 with mine and I’ve got a couple AOEs that will one shot trash mobs and good single target damage and mobility. It also just feels good. And my lvl50 head armor is cool guy shades

Would recommend