Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

ImpAtom posted:

I am sorry are you saying it is ruined by the Gangster Moogle on the back?

Yes, because I bet it's gonna dye like poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/tsulong/status/1492450061200019457?s=21

That’s just how being in your 30s is.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
the right callouts for "a b c d" markers is "aebra bebra cebra debra"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A
Bra
Ca
Dabra

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1492406097965060097?t=c1PfjInoTAX0pGbZoW8mjQ&s=19

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I just hope it's not tied to PotD progress the way Heaven on High was. Trying to get anywhere in PotD as a latecomer is loving miserable. Can't solo 11-20 because of bad luck with aetherpool chests, can't get a group because no one's queueing for it and the queue times are loving absurd (I no joke sat in a queue for over a half hour before giving up for 11-20 on SMN), it's dumb as gently caress.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Are y’shtola and f’lammin really supposed to be the same age

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

F'Lammin is 37 and Y'shtola is closer to the early-mid 30s

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

I just hope it's not tied to PotD progress the way Heaven on High was. Trying to get anywhere in PotD as a latecomer is loving miserable. Can't solo 11-20 because of bad luck with aetherpool chests, can't get a group because no one's queueing for it and the queue times are loving absurd (I no joke sat in a queue for over a half hour before giving up for 11-20 on SMN), it's dumb as gently caress.

Okay I didn’t get around to unlocking potd/Hoh on my primal character until after the post shiva lull in shb and I don’t really remember the first floors being a problem to solo at all. What will happen is that you do need a minimum aetherpool level and it’s easy for silver chests to not meet it, so you have to redo the early sets which sucks.

But also like, did you ever just consider asking 1 friend to come with you instead of hoping people were queueing the middle floors. It’s not like it’s a huge time commitment to get to 51

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, people I've asked are either busy when I'm not/vice versa or don't have anything else to level in that range. :shrug:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Kyrosiris posted:

All of this sucks and I hope they don't link it, but if you can solo 1-10 but not 11-20 because of bad aetherpool luck, reset the instance and keep doing 1-10 until you have the aetherpool?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Failboattootoot posted:

All of this sucks and I hope they don't link it, but if you can solo 1-10 but not 11-20 because of bad aetherpool luck, reset the instance and keep doing 1-10 until you have the aetherpool?

I mean I've tried that too, but I'm sitting at like... +7 weapon/+10 armor and on the rare chance I do find silver chests, half the time it's on the first half of 1-10 and it fizzles because the floor's lower than where my gear's at.

Plus, frankly, PotD 1-10 is even more mind-numbing than actual dungeon runs at that low of a level and I would rather extract my own teeth than grind it with any meaningful frequency.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I was lucky and had a friend that was basically obsessed with PotD and he kind of dragged me kicking and screaming down to floor 50.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I just dealt with the extremely long queue times, which is obviously not ideal.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

Lol yeah me too. It worked eventually!

Also the real bad ones are 81-90 and 91-100.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

King of Solomon posted:

I mean, if I'm gonna sit in a queue for over a half hour, I better be getting loving MSQ Roulette-level rewards.

More, actually, because PotD requires my brain be engaged. :colbert:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Kyrosiris posted:

Not before like floor 90.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I bought the kinna scythe right after EW release because why wouldn't I? And I have yet to go back and continue my necromancer run because I'm not feeling motivated to grind the aether points back first. If party queues were fast and not full of people skipping silver chests, that would be one thing.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 12, 2022

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

I mean, if I'm gonna sit in a queue for over a half hour, I better be getting loving MSQ Roulette-level rewards.

You're on Adamantoise right? Same here and I knocked them out easy to unlock the TT player going for the mount during the 5.5 lull. No wing was over 15 min of waiting, I'm surprised it waa going so long for you.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I think PotD (or any future deep dungeon) queues would be a lot better if you could join a queue from anywhere, like any other duty. Just make a new menu for managing that stuff instead of making you visit an NPC, it seems like they're more willing to do stuff like that nowadays.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Extremely hyped to hear confirmation about deep dungeon - they've mentioned wanting to revisit it before but it's always been in sorta vague "we want to do something in the future" dev speak rather than committing to a specific patch cycle. Hopefully it comes with a mount as good as the Dodo and a title as good as <True Hero>.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Kyrosiris posted:

The reward you get for doing PotD is instant queues on DPS in the future.

It's gonna be a lot longer than a half hour. :ssh:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

derra posted:

You're on Adamantoise right? Same here and I knocked them out easy to unlock the TT player going for the mount during the 5.5 lull. No wing was over 15 min of waiting, I'm surprised it waa going so long for you.

Yeah, idk. I have no idea if it's just bad timing or whatever, but it's just annoying. I've earnestly tried to engage with the system only for it to basically be a bag of crap every time I try, and it's frustrating.

Doesn't help that, in my experience, DPS queues for other avenues of leveling are always reasonable enough (like 10-15 minutes for specific dungeons) that smashing my head into PotD just feels even worse.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
yeah, sometimes POTD is dead and sometimes it's hot with instant queues :shrug:

I found out the good way that eldthurs drops from GC seal coffers! And got the seafaring toad, one more 5 star ocean fish down! Gonna frame this fucker in my house.

edit: oh no it looks like poo poo

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Feb 12, 2022

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Charles Get-Out posted:

Back in Exdeath I was doing callouts one night and was super tired so forgot the name of Double Attack & said "uhhhh big man" instead.

It was a fun game after that to determine which move was "big man" in every new tier for a bit.

B i g m a n

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Runa posted:

B i g m a n

You rang, chief?

Yes, I spent money on this abomination. No, I do not regret it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

SL the Pyro posted:

You rang, chief?

Yes, I spent money on this abomination. No, I do not regret it.

:eyepop:

I... I should add that mask to my Omega-M glam plate.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Kyrosiris posted:

:eyepop:

I... I should add that mask to my Omega-M glam plate.

Just so you know, the dye used was Gunmetal.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

hazardousmouse posted:

yeah, sometimes POTD is dead and sometimes it's hot with instant queues :shrug:

I found out the good way that eldthurs drops from GC seal coffers! And got the seafaring toad, one more 5 star ocean fish down! Gonna frame this fucker in my house.

edit: oh no it looks like poo poo

Yeah I got the petrel and conditional virtue from boxes (or my wife did anyway).

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

derra posted:

Yeah I got the petrel and conditional virtue from boxes (or my wife did anyway).

Does this mean it's possible the morbol in a dress is in there? Has anyone seen one?

I will forever regret not sniping one when it was 1.5 mil back when Pagos was current (I only had about 1.5 mil at the time so it would have been all of my money) because now it's rarely cheaper than 30m and I'm not spending that much.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

HackensackBackpack posted:

Does this mean it's possible the morbol in a dress is in there? Has anyone seen one?

Anything that can be traded (so no quest or achievement rewards) should be a possibility. I don't know what the % chance of any specific option is though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Tsukuyomi fight kicks a ton of rear end holy poo poo. Visually, musically, mechanically all of it is so good.

Also gently caress Asahi

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

The Tsukuyomi fight kicks a ton of rear end holy poo poo. Visually, musically, mechanically all of it is so good.

Also gently caress Asahi

Wayward Daughter is still my favorite boss track, hands down. The whole fight's fantastic, but the OST gives it such a relentless energy with a note of melancholy lurking beneath.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tsukiyomi is absolutely a top tier fight. The music, the visuals, all of it hits the loving mark on a ridiculous level. Like the only real negative I can say is that the Adds phase is a bit long on farming.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Vermain posted:

Wayward Daughter is still my favorite boss track, hands down. The whole fight's fantastic, but the OST gives it such a relentless energy with a note of melancholy lurking beneath.

I straight up said "Holy poo poo" out loud when the guitar kicked in

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's the best use of the yanxia motif, hands down

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Tsukiyomi is absolutely a top tier fight. The music, the visuals, all of it hits the loving mark on a ridiculous level. Like the only real negative I can say is that the Adds phase is a bit long on farming.

Yeah, the add phase probably shouldn't exist in Extreme. It's great and fits thematically in Normal, but really bogs down the fight in Extreme.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Electric Phantasm posted:

I straight up said "Holy poo poo" out loud when the guitar kicked in

Speaking of, I rolled into the Shiva trial with some sprouts the other day. That trial still kicks rear end, and being there for a sprout's first encounter with it is a good time.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

speaking of first time trials, i just did the 83 one

uh. oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I remember when some of the fanbase had mixed reactions to Shiva's second-phase theme way back in the day.

In retrospect it's not even particularly out of place as far as primal themes go, I guess at the time people just weren't prepared for soken to just keep going weird, fun places.