Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

FlocksOfMice posted:

oh gently caress that's it isn't it. Legacy has just become Mookie's comfort corner self indulgence world. He is really horny lately so Snout gonna gently caress. He want a nice snack, mmm tasty vegan good boy treats. Lonely? Cuddle time cuddle time Mookie gets cuddle time! Covid has him lonely and frustrated and this is just 100% sublimation and he doesn't want to advance the plot because time in real life isn't advancing really, so time stagnates and everything just goes on a loop. The comic really started spinning its wheels when Covid hit, didn't it? It's a Dorian Gray kind of thing, the more Mookie's life stagnates and his social needs go unmet, the more Snout will spend all his time hanging out going fishing, being told he's a good soft gentle boy, getting glomps and cuddles, and blowing fat loads in cosplay girls witches he met at the con swamp.

:crackping:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Cloacamazing! posted:

She's waving. When you want to get someone's attention, you call their name and wave, so when they hear you and turn around, they will see who called them. What do you mean, this doesn't work with a Deaf person? Why not? When Mookie hears someone yell his name, he looks around and sees the person, so that's how it works for Snout! Also, Mookie knew Corpse Mommy wanted to give Snout a treat, so Snout knew he had to turn around!

You have thought about this too hard.

It's body language from anime. It's what the tomboyish and/or obnoxiously childish female character does when she enters a scene with the protagonist.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Tesseraction posted:

A Picture of Boring and Gray

Very good.

MuddyFunster
Jan 31, 2020

FUN you, EARHOLE

HazCat posted:

You have thought about this too hard.

It's body language from anime. It's what the tomboyish and/or obnoxiously childish female character does when she enters a scene with the protagonist.

Won't you look silly when it's revealed that she's taken to traveling around everywhere on a brolly like Mary Poppins.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

it would be comically human for snout to like this snack because it reminds him of a woman he smashed, and not just because this is all pointless

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
oh god, she ate some first, we're so loving owned holy poo poo

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

oh god, she ate some first, we're so loving owned holy poo poo

I think she ate a bee which then stung her in the mouth

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
She just showed him a box and he shoved his face in it. Did she buy the whole box? Was she offering him just one? Was she going to share the rest of the box with the party?

Snout's hedonism consistently overrides his kindness and loyalty, between this and the chandak sex, and I wish I could believe this was setting up anything.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Caphi posted:

She just showed him a box and he shoved his face in it. Did she buy the whole box? Was she offering him just one? Was she going to share the rest of the box with the party?

Snout's hedonism consistently overrides his kindness and loyalty, between this and the chandak sex, and I wish I could believe this was setting up anything.

no hes a good boy

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Tesseraction posted:

New thread title

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I get this icky feeling from how often we're shown Snout stuffing his face. It bothers me that we haven't seen him NOT like anything, but he's always doubtful that he'll like what he's being offered at first. And it just smacks of praising a toddler for trying new foods

Anytime Snouts behaves like an animal or a child I get super uncomfortable

Especially when DEAF is front and center

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Tesseraction posted:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Billy Gnosis posted:

I think she ate a bee which then stung her in the mouth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liiVX55tJ7E

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Powerful Katrinka posted:

New thread title

I'm all for it. After all, since the bog witch, this title is no longer accurate.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

She's the dog that shoots bees from its mouth

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Yay! Violence!

But seriously, someone running into the scene and punching someone is instantly at least a bit interesting!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

wait what

Weren't they on a pier? Did Kaidana and Ink Witch just dematerialize? And what is with this pacing?!

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

wait what

Weren't they on a pier? Did Kaidana and Ink Witch just dematerialize? And what is with this pacing?!

I was going to say how does this comic spatially relate to the past several. But I guess I could always say that.

This is going to be relationship noncence with the woman he loved, isnt it?

Like this is the chad jock to his virgin nerd

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Billy Gnosis posted:

Oh god, I hadn't even thought of that. I was thinking it might have something to do with the orc traditionalist/isolationist thing. I hadn't even considered this terrible possibility.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Something happened?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

super sweet best pal posted:

Something happened?

I mean, let's not get too hasty now.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Billy Gnosis posted:

Yeah probably. And of COURSE Mookie is just going to introduce a new conflict instead of resolving anything with the previous villains. Or establishing their conflict to begin with, really.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Feb 14, 2022

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Honestly, I feel that any sort of conflict is a positive move for this comic.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm just glad something actually happened, and it gives us things to actually speculate on and talk about. Whatever happens next will inevitably be disappointing, but at least now there's things to say besides "Someone do something."

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

(Monkey's paw curls)

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Calling it, this has something to do with a Fight Club.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Why is he waving at him if his back is turned?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Like does he not understand that visual communication requires vision?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
You’ll have to speak up, I’m wearing a [DEAF]

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

man i cant believe arudak's dead girlfriends brother tragically lost all those fingers on his hand

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

There's something very, very off about how that punching orc's body relates to the motion of his arm.

I think it's that there's these intense forward motion lines on his forearm but not his shoulder or body, when his forearm cannot move in that direction independently of the rest of him, or at least not independently of his upper arm. His entire body should have those speed lines, or he should be in a posture that actually communicates a punch and his entire arm should be blurred from the shoulder down, I guess?

It's uncanny.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It looks more like his forearm is vibrating at high speeds.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
His body is very upright and static looking for the fact that he threw this punch while running that far.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it's blurred out because he's transformed his hand into a dick

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

it's blurred out because he's transformed his hand into a dick

fist of the north schlong

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
just realized hes just straight up wearing jeans and a belt

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Emrikol posted:

Yay! Violence!

But seriously, someone running into the scene and punching someone is instantly at least a bit interesting!

The punch isn't the worst bit.

So he grabs Snout's left shoulder with his right hand while overtaking him on the left from behind, yet in the panel where Snout is being flung back his left hand is behind him.

This is such a basic issue with how the characters are spatially arranged.

Edit: not that the punch isn't poo poo on a very basic level:

Breetai fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Feb 14, 2022

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
This is the most exciting update since Snout busted a fat load in the swamp mutant

MuddyFunster
Jan 31, 2020

FUN you, EARHOLE

Rotten Red Rod posted:

wait what

Worth repeating that this is Mookie's grand experiment! Tell a story visually, without dialogue! And ignoring all the dialogue he chucks in anyway, he just CAN'T. This page doesn't follow from the last, which didn't follow from the last before that.

On the one hand, it's getting incoherent. On the other, I'd much prefer these confusing hard cuts to endless scenes of walking from place to place. Perhaps he's realised he has to pick up the pace somehow (hahaha, yeah, right) and is doing so the only way he knows how; really, really badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Can’t wait to see how Jock Orc (Jorck?) is written to be a villain and ends up being the most sympathetic character in the entire story