Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Empty Sandwich posted:

got confused by this but then realized I was thinking of Carlsberg

Possibly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Empty Sandwich posted:

yeah, it was "slices" that confused me

Beer so hearty you can eat it with a fork

Empty Sandwich posted:

almost every long thread I'm reading is currently on a food derail (except the food threads (those are on topic))

wtf, this isn't the Scottish food thread :psyduck:

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

RFC2324 posted:

So if you told her some english food was better than that she would agree?

Given that there is no such thing as objectively superior food, any claim that x food is better than y should probably be treated as subjective and/or tongue in cheek

Yes, 100% no exaggeration, mom aunts uncles and grandparents too. It is a point pride, retelling the "our breakfast was voted the least healthy in the world, including countries with famine" joke, shame eating of deep fried mars bars, glee when the occasional person is shocked by haggis or black pudding, ig pics of the tannest plates of food you've ever seen with a flash of baked bean brown, people who put the milk into their teacup before the bag and hot water

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Captain Monkey posted:

People get really mad about it though, go post in a Texas thread about beans and chili sometime.

oh hell yeah. I grew up in texas, I know all about it.

also bbq. I have started feuds over bbq

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Yes, 100% no exaggeration, mom aunts uncles and grandparents too. It is a point pride, retelling the "our breakfast was voted the least healthy in the world, including countries with famine" joke, shame eating of deep fried mars bars, glee when the occasional person is shocked by haggis or black pudding, ig pics of the tannest plates of food you've ever seen with a flash of baked bean brown, people who put the milk into their teacup before the bag and hot water

lmao, a deep fried mars bar actually sounds really loving good

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

moonmazed posted:

i want to put a fuel rod up my rear end

SatansOnion posted:

Comrade, they don’t even let me

sexpig by night posted:

'how deep did you get it and how was it?'

'3.6 inches, not great, not terrible.'

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

haggis *is* really good though. why would anyone be shocked by haggis

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

I'm a bit surprised the Brit who cares *deeply* about English food and also throws in a heaping bowl of cultural appropriation (not to mention silently ignoring the reason why those cultures are "part of British food" to begin with) hasn't yet shown up to defend why muck on toast is "ackshually good though and Yorkshire pudding isn't SUPPOSED to taste like anything it's just a carrier any civilized person could understand this but you're all dirty Yanks with garbage food." Maybe they don't read this thread.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

SyNack Sassimov posted:

I'm a bit surprised the Brit who cares *deeply* about English food and also throws in a heaping bowl of cultural appropriation (not to mention silently ignoring the reason why those cultures are "part of British food" to begin with) hasn't yet shown up to defend why muck on toast is "ackshually good though and Yorkshire pudding isn't SUPPOSED to taste like anything it's just a carrier any civilized person could understand this but you're all dirty Yanks with garbage food." Maybe they don't read this thread.

this person is a goon?

lmao

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

RFC2324 posted:

this person is a goon?

lmao

Who else but Quag-goon!

There was a food derail in I think the schaden thread a few days ago and this person showed up to whiteknight-to-oblivion English food, along with claiming English food has lots of variety because it includes Indian and Pakistani food (because they're British doncha know IGNORE WHY THEY'RE SUPPOSEDLY BRITISH IT'S NOT IMPORTANT WE WERE INVITED). They did manage to ad hominem enough people to get probated so maybe that's why they haven't shown up here, but I'm sure once they read how someone DARED to insult English food, and even to claim Scottish food is better, the horror, they'll be writing an impassioned defense of spotted dick and toad in the hole guvna.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Doctor Dogballs posted:

*tips fedora* s'gourdney

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

One time my cousin kept eating a 3ft long hoagie on a camping trip that he kept in a tree bough.
He's going to have a kid in may

Smugworth posted:

What's the problem

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

nothing, just posting my favorite low-effort go-to meals

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Do not let HDR anywhere near your face.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

mobby_6kl posted:

Speaking of pets, the neighbor lady knocked on my door just now and complained that there's a mouse in our staircase, and that she was afraid and didn't like it....
But there indeed was a mouse on our 4th floor, tiny little brown guy:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Mouse?

What we have here is the framing of the shrew.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Shitstorm Trooper posted:

Mark Twain would get banned from Twitter.

Milo and POTUS posted:

In retrospect I probably should have just named him Jim

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Who else but Quag-goon!

There was a food derail in I think the schaden thread a few days ago and this person showed up to whiteknight-to-oblivion English food, along with claiming English food has lots of variety because it includes Indian and Pakistani food (because they're British doncha know IGNORE WHY THEY'RE SUPPOSEDLY BRITISH IT'S NOT IMPORTANT WE WERE INVITED). They did manage to ad hominem enough people to get probated so maybe that's why they haven't shown up here, but I'm sure once they read how someone DARED to insult English food, and even to claim Scottish food is better, the horror, they'll be writing an impassioned defense of spotted dick and toad in the hole guvna.

That guy has the same meltdown over the dignity of English food on like a biweekly basis, so don't despair, if not here, you'll run into one of those rants elsewhere. Just be on the lookout for a shiba inu avatar with sunglasses

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Empty Sandwich posted:

got confused by this but then realized I was thinking of Carlsberg

Oh, right, I wasn't thinking that not everyone would know what Jarlsberg is. It's a cheese, a lot like Gouda but with something of a nutty taste. Very nice.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Bar Ran Dun posted:

There is going to be a goat man Kirby. Steel yourselves.

quote:

Pictures of said prophecy made manifest

Dewgy posted:

hiiiiiii.jpeg

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Jedit posted:

Oh, right, I wasn't thinking that not everyone would know what Jarlsberg is. It's a cheese, a lot like Gouda but with something of a nutty taste. Very nice.

I know it from the Python cheese sketch :corsair:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Funny, I just rewatched that yesterday because I was trying to remember the name of a cheese I really enjoyed

It wasn't in there

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Platystemon posted:

Mouse?

What we have here is the framing of the shrew.

The quotes are coming from within the thread

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

steinrokkan posted:

That guy has the same meltdown over the dignity of English food on like a biweekly basis, so don't despair, if not here, you'll run into one of those rants elsewhere. Just be on the lookout for a shiba inu avatar with sunglasses

Now I've got a weird craving for meltdowns

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Outrail posted:

May is coming

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Outrail posted:

Check the sonic the hedgehog thread in games, two different British posters just had the same meltdown over people insulting Dizzy

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

A delicious cheesy meltdown does sound pretty tasty right about now

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

flavor.flv posted:

Check the sonic the hedgehog thread in games, two different British posters just had the same meltdown over people insulting Dizzy

The what now?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ancient PC video game mascot literally no one outside of UK Gen Xers know or care about

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Glad we fought a war to get away from that freaky poo poo

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

mind the walrus posted:

ancient PC video game mascot literally no one outside of UK Gen Xers know or care about

Bullshit, I rented that little bastard's NES game and it gave me a lifelong fear of European game design

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
They made a Dizzy game in TWENTY ELEVEN? Christ.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

mind the walrus posted:

Jog on, mate.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Philippe posted:

They made a Dizzy game in TWENTY ELEVEN? Christ.

I hate to break it to you, but there were two Dizzy games released in 2020 - Wonderful Dizzy for the ZX Spectrum and Fast Food for the Switch.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

mind the walrus posted:

I remember playing one of the original Dizzy games on my Amstrad CPC6128 here in Australia in the ..... late 80s??? It was pretty lovely

E: this was back in the days when PC games came on tape cassettes

:corsair:

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 19:14 on Feb 13, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

RFC2324 posted:

May is coming

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

flavor.flv posted:

Funny, I just rewatched that yesterday because I was trying to remember the name of a cheese I really enjoyed

It wasn't in there

e: I completely misread this tragic statement

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

flavor.flv posted:

Pretty good posted:

Brits have no time for mega man bc they love platformers with names like Jeffrey Jangles where the character sprite takes up a third of the screen and you press up to jump and all of the onscreen text is bouncing up and down at all times

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:hmmyes:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

you failed to post this here, and it should be:

tho the best part is arfjason saying something about how he decided against a pedophile joke, and the brits deciding that meant he was calling them all pedos

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Empty Sandwich posted:

e: I completely misread this tragic statement

You'll be happy to hear that I eventually remebered what it was and I am enjoying some beemster as I post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

flavor.flv posted:

You'll be happy to hear that I eventually remebered what it was and I am enjoying some beemster as I post

nice! I'll keep an eye out for it. I like this new era when even relatively lovely American grocery stores often have some good cheese

e:

the fun in the Sonic thread starts on p 617 for anybody checking it out