Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

'The US intend to trick us into invading Ukraine, and we fully intend on falling for this trick'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Triple bluff.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Here we go lads.
As in yeah this shooting-ones'-foot invasion is coming.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Feb 12, 2022

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Grouchio posted:

Here we go lads.

Something happen?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

Jake, the point of these briefings is to hide what you actually feel

Grouchio posted:

Here we go lads.

Consider making your posts informative.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Alchenar posted:

'The US intend to trick us into invading Ukraine, and we fully intend on falling for this trick'
They're definitely falling for American propaganda!

They could still say they were worried about Ukraine starting something but that's the first development that actually has me worried.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Britain is also pulling out all of their military instructors. Now who will show them how to integrate a tea kettle into a main battle tank? :saddumb:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/afp/status/1492459487940292612?s=21

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Nenonen posted:

Britain is also pulling out all of their military instructors. Now who will show them how to integrate a tea kettle into a main battle tank? :saddumb:

The tea extends life. The tea expands consciousness. The tea is vital to not getting invaded by Russia.

The tea must flow. :(

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
They've unlocked the samovar technology, they have no need of the British. Sadly, both sides have this advancement, so we can't ascertain who has the overall strategic advantage.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Okay, that's a bit worrying. Supplying the invasion excuse right here.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Torrannor posted:

I don’t think Pushilin is the most reliable person to listen to.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

Torrannor posted:

Casus bellies have been invented whole cloth earlier. If they want to invade, they will just invent a reason.

The shelling of Mainila

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

cinci zoo sniper posted:

This is obviously bullshit (the part about Polish and US mercenaries arriving at the line of contact), but does that really matter if it gives Putin the excuse to invade in order to "protect" the Donetsk People Republic or whatever it's name was?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Torrannor posted:

This is obviously bullshit (the part about Polish and US mercenaries arriving at the line of contact), but does that really matter if it gives Putin the excuse to invade in order to "protect" the Donetsk People Republic or whatever it's name was?

It doesn’t indeed, they’ll fabricate something regardless of Ukrainian or Western actions, same as in all previous flareups of the war. They way you worded your post just gave me an impression that you’re on Pushilin’s side.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
I wonder what Russians (the general population) think of all this. Are they for invasion? Is Putin gaining popularity by threatening imminent bloodshed?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

cinci zoo sniper posted:

It doesn’t indeed, they’ll fabricate something regardless of Ukrainian or Western actions, same as in all previous flareups of the war. They way you worded your post just gave me an impression that you’re on Pushilin’s side.

Sorry, I've phrased that poorly then. It's just that he massing of troops, evacuation orders for non-Ukrainians due to US security services believing an invasion is imminent, blockading of Ukrainian ports, the Russians themselves reducing their embassy staff, and now an attempt to to create a justification for Russians crossing the border (to defend the people in Donetsk from "foreign mercenaries") is just a further sign that an invasion is a very real possibility, and it's freaking me out a bit.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
I've seen some assessments that the Russias have around 100 Battalion Tactical Groups. Does anyone know how many of those are maneuver elements vs logistical units? If there's a better thread for such questions let me know. Stay safe EE goons.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Terminally Bored posted:

I wonder what Russians (the general population) think of all this. Are they for invasion? Is Putin gaining popularity by threatening imminent bloodshed?

A slim majority thinks the current situation is the fault of US/NATO, but prospects of war remain unpopular.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Terminally Bored posted:

They are more concerned about black elves in a new lord of the rings show

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

EUGENE? Where's my fuckin' money, Eugene?

Ynglaur posted:

I've seen some assessments that the Russias have around 100 Battalion Tactical Groups. Does anyone know how many of those are maneuver elements vs logistical units? If there's a better thread for such questions let me know. Stay safe EE goons.

A standard BTG has 3 maneuver companies, indirect, support company and specialized troop companies. They kind of handle their own logistics and coordinate thru a brigade sized element and higher for more stuff. Everyone has supply troops and logistics areas will have a bunch. Sorta educated guess is that 25-35% of their troops staged to move from there are logistics/support.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Dirt5o8 posted:

A standard BTG has 3 maneuver companies, indirect, support company and specialized troop companies. They kind of handle their own logistics and coordinate thru a brigade sized element and higher for more stuff. Everyone has supply troops and logistics areas will have a bunch. Sorta educated guess is that 25-35% of their troops staged to move from there are logistics/support.

Thanks. So similar to a US BCT, but pushed down to a battalion-sized element? Even 60 BTGs would be the equivalent (very roughly) of 20 US BCTs. The US Army has 30-ish of those. Thats a lot of military power just outside Ukraine. :(

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Not if his name is shorthand for pusillanimous.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

EUGENE? Where's my fuckin' money, Eugene?

Ynglaur posted:

Thanks. So similar to a US BCT, but pushed down to a battalion-sized element? Even 60 BTGs would be the equivalent (very roughly) of 20 US BCTs. The US Army has 30-ish of those. Thats a lot of military power just outside Ukraine. :(

Yeah, pretty similar. Biggest difference is how much more indirect fire, ADA, and drone support the Russians keep at BTG and company level.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The other big difference is that Russia has to keep at least one dubstep truck in each platoon sized element

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ynglaur posted:

The consensus of estimates so seems to be steady at “above 100 BTGs”, or >50% of relevant active duty forces.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1492533682439172100

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Terminally Bored posted:

Not excited about it but either resigned themseves to possibility or don't care as long as they themselves dont get conscripted.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Sekenr posted:

Not excited about it but either resigned themseves to possibility or don't care as long as they themselves dont get conscripted.

Evergreen posts regarding Russian politics

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Consider making your posts informative.

The State Duma has scheduled a hearing on recognizing the independence of the DPR and LNR on the 14th.

Russian Navy will have concentrated its Surface Warfare Group in the Black Sea on the 15th.

In case people were wondering were the "by the 16th" was coming from.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The other big difference is that Russia has to keep at least one dubstep truck in each platoon sized element

The Hardbass is coming from inside the T-90

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

https://mobile.twitter.com/Liveuamap/status/1492142492833271810
https://mobile.twitter.com/Liveuamap/status/1492200387461406728
https://twitter.com/Andrew__Roth/status/1492431836068388864

Conspiratiorist fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 12, 2022

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

https://twitter.com/shaunwalker7/status/1492554288794640390

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.axios.com/biden-putin-russia-ukraine-a11d6995-050e-4dbc-8d4d-b49358b07e55.html

Sounds like Putin-Biden call went predictably nowhere.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

The Russian interpreter didn't know how to translate malarkey, so they had to cut the call short.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Conspiratiorist posted:

The State Duma has scheduled a hearing on recognizing the independence of the DPR and LNR on the 14th.

https://twitter.com/MarQs__/status/1491753164823056384

That would track with the supposed timeline, a recognition of the breakaway territories with a pre-bottled 'provocation' scenario to justify an invasion action on the 16th. Guess we'll see on the 14th if anything actually happens with the Duma

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

I've got a fight to Kiev on the 20th lol. Let's see if anything happens until then.

You should maybe not do that

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
There is also this...

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1492499117431529476

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

So here’s the question why isn’t biden providing zelensky proof of the planned Russian attack you’d think he ought to know about it