Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had an IRISH wedding. gently caress you it was fun.

I'm part Irish.
She's Irish and Scottish.
We're divorced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxMt8YqK0VQ

My favorite is "axe wound."

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Big Beef City posted:

There's like one Chinese thing on there

I'm politely assuming that the like 4 bins that are on the other side that didn't have photos must have contained the actual Chinese stuff.

Also it's tagged as Chinese but Officially describes itself as a World Buffet that serves "all the famous Indian curry dishes" along side the Chinese etc

Actually I see couple more on their Facebook that give new angles. Not very promising on the Chinese front however.

They do have the fresh sliced cold pink loaf (?) game on Lock though.

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Pennywise the Frown posted:

My favorite is "axe wound."

It's got to be "gash" for me

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

roomtone posted:

this isn't really true here, even in city centres. scotland's got a pretty deep inferiority complex built into the culture due to england and being small in general so when tourists start throwing their exciting foreign accents around it's generally taken as a compliment you deigned to visit at all.

might be different in really busy tourist spots in edinburgh but i've worked in hotels a lot and generally it's like oh an american very nice, very nice

what about if your an obese american in the 250 lbs range?

are their fattys in scottland? looking at the menu i would imagine so?

also:
is this real or a twitch sketch? never heard of this man before the OP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC__o1UxDl8

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
One day, I値l goto Scotland.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Ichabod Tane posted:

:same:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Ichabod Tane posted:

me too. Apparently I have a castle there https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crawford_Castle

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i wanted to go visit the scotland on my last vacation with my family, but my mom has always wanted to see machu pichu her whole life so we went to peru... it was gorgeous.. absolutely breathtaking, and it will be years before I can afford to go on another one. The problem was the air their was so dry. I want me some fukin fog and rain baby! Make my feet wet and messy. I'll take mud over dust any day if I have some decent footware.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

for fucks sake posted:

It's got to be "gash" for me

Gash is good, I'm fond of "fanny", but I suspect its regional. I'm from the North-East and you don't hear the whole "oval office as a term of endearment" thing much up here. The nastiest street fight I ever saw kicked off after the word "daftie" was used.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

I moved away from Scotland, best choice I ever made. England is far nicer (although I've lived in a few other countries since as well). If I have to meet up with Scottish family I try and arrange to meet up in the Lake District which at least is somewhat civilised (and not Scotland).

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

cynic posted:

I moved away from Scotland, best choice I ever made. England is far nicer (although I've lived in a few other countries since as well). If I have to meet up with Scottish family I try and arrange to meet up in the Lake District which at least is somewhat civilised (and not Scotland).

Scotsperson why do you hate Scotland

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2q0T7QXETs&t=10s

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I will admit that I thought wales was on the east side of uhh... Great Britain :eng101:

that was a good video and i liked how he talks fast instead of wasting time.

I knew most of that from my public school education in the US, in a lovely state, but in a fairly middle class area that trended blue so we learned things about history. Its a loving coin toss.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wendigee posted:

I will admit that I thought wales was on the east side of uhh... Great Britain :eng101:

that was a good video and i liked how he talks fast instead of wasting time.

I knew most of that from my public school education in the US, in a lovely state, but in a fairly middle class area that trended blue so we learned things about history. Its a loving coin toss.

it has been 1500 years and you are still the first person to think of Wales

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

A review of Scotland;

Edinburgh; fully up itself, overpriced, full of gormless tourists half the year round.
Glasgow; Giant cesspit of unintelligible drunks and students. One time I went out and got absolutely hammered with a bunch of literal clowns (facepaint and all) which was cool, but none of them were actually from Scotland so it doesn't count.
Aberdeen; a radioactive monochrome hellscape with its own language that makes absolutely no sense. Everyone wants to fight you for some reason.
Highlands/Islands; very cool scenery, noone lives here because it's full of midges and is borderline uninhabitable.
Inverness; I only worked here for 6 weeks on a contract but it seemed to be dark the entire loving time and someone was always having a Ceilidh somewhere nearby.
Borders; hate the english, the scottish and anyone who hasn't been interbreeding with their relatives for the last 20 generations.
Dundee-shire (the middle bit?); I saw things here that made me depressed for weeks afterwards. Neds throwing fireworks at passing cars, a woman shambling out of aldi in a filthy pink dressing gown, clutching a 4-pack of 'belgian-style' own brand lager, someone firebombed a postbox.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Why does no one think of Wales

naem
May 29, 2011

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I wish the japanese would stop hunting them

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Are the scotts all pedos too? I know they live on the same island and worship the same queen and all, but i dont really think of scotts as being pedos like the limeys are :thunk:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

naem posted:

I wish the japanese would stop hunting them

Me too buddy

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
I would like to thank the scots for their tape and other adhesive products. My life would not be the same without them.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Allow me to be the one to say that Groundskeeper Willie is the greatest Scottsman ever.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
Ancestry.com says I'm a third Scottish. So that's cool.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

3 A.M. Radio posted:

Ancestry.com says I'm a third Scottish. So that's cool.

That must have been one crowded wedding bed.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Scots and prayers

naem
May 29, 2011

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Me too buddy

they say it痴 part of their culture and also for scientific purposes but it痴 just for the meat

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

Come to Happy Haggis and try the Senior Fish.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Also

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Aviemore has a chinese buffet apparently

I知 going to start with a heaping plate of plush toys straight from the steamer.

don Jaime fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Feb 13, 2022

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I may be a gormless tourist but I think Edinburgh is a delightful city.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Thats an eastern europe gopnik

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Grimey Drawer

Wendigee posted:

what about if your an obese american in the 250 lbs range?

are their fattys in scottland? looking at the menu i would imagine so?

also:
is this real or a twitch sketch? never heard of this man before the OP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC__o1UxDl8

Limmy is a wee funny man

That is all the help i知 giving you.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
RIP Benny Harvey, miss ye big man

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Nooner posted:

Are the scotts all pedos too? I know they live on the same island and worship the same queen and all, but i dont really think of scotts as being pedos like the limeys are :thunk:

We definitely have peados, but they tend to be chubby young men from Peterhead in ski jackets with the hoods up with hardrives full of sick filth rather than personal friends of the Queen or members of Parliament.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
I like Limmy since his Limmy's show days, even read his book a couple years ago but ever since I started watching his stream I kinda realised how much a fuckin arsehole he is. I have mixed feelings about him. I wonder if he's a goon.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Don't care much about streaming, but this video is essential Limmy content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bltQ07N6HxQ

"There's a moment you realize he actually has intelligence of a certain kind" lol

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

cynic posted:

A review of Scotland;

Edinburgh; fully up itself, overpriced, full of gormless tourists half the year round.
Glasgow; Giant cesspit of unintelligible drunks and students. One time I went out and got absolutely hammered with a bunch of literal clowns (facepaint and all) which was cool, but none of them were actually from Scotland so it doesn't count.
Aberdeen; a radioactive monochrome hellscape with its own language that makes absolutely no sense. Everyone wants to fight you for some reason.
Highlands/Islands; very cool scenery, noone lives here because it's full of midges and is borderline uninhabitable.
Inverness; I only worked here for 6 weeks on a contract but it seemed to be dark the entire loving time and someone was always having a Ceilidh somewhere nearby.
Borders; hate the english, the scottish and anyone who hasn't been interbreeding with their relatives for the last 20 generations.
Dundee-shire (the middle bit?); I saw things here that made me depressed for weeks afterwards. Neds throwing fireworks at passing cars, a woman shambling out of aldi in a filthy pink dressing gown, clutching a 4-pack of 'belgian-style' own brand lager, someone firebombed a postbox.

This is 100% accurate other than to add that you get a great night out in Glasgow, even without clowns.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Tunnock's Tea Cakes absolutely rule. Just top tier stuff.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 days!)

they are good. tunnocks snow ball is probably better but i don't see them as often.

i don't really like caramel wafers. the logs are better.

i just like it when coconut gets added to things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deano
Sep 6, 2000

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Cause they beat us at the thing with the ball