Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
i joined in 2014 because someone told me there was a leftwing forum called laissez faire and i clicked a few threads and a bunch of people were pumped about obama and biden so i made a ban me and forgot about this place until last spring lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

If you looked in on the surface level of LF posters getting excited about Obama, then you missed out on the whole forum getting owned by Paradol Ex.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

LF was the only decent online leftist space for a very long time and the dorks who always feel the need to disavow it are dumb.

Like whoa you mean this politics forum had dumb people and bad posts? No way....

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

is pepsi ok posted:

LF was the only decent online leftist space for a very long time.

That is more a condemnation of the previous spaces then praise of LF.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

LF produced some of the greatest posting ever done on the internet, and denying that is just as revisionist as saying Dave Chappelle was never funny. :colbert:

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

is pepsi ok posted:

LF was the only decent online leftist space for a very long time and the dorks who always feel the need to disavow it are dumb.

Like whoa you mean this politics forum had dumb people and bad posts? No way....

cspam is the only place on the internet where i can talk about politics without getting annoyed. i obviously dont know much about lf but i'm pretty sure that cspam is better because at least there isnt obama/diamond joe worship

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
There were like 18 different eras of LF and every single one was worse than the one before it, and at least half of those changes were because of things the site administration did.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
you're not a real LF fan unless you can name five of their eras

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

ELTON JOHN posted:

you're not a real LF fan unless you can name five of their eras

There are only two eras of LF:

-The Paradol Ex era.
-The non-Paradol Ex era.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

LF produced some of the greatest posting ever done on the internet, and denying that is just as revisionist as saying Dave Chappelle was never funny. :colbert:

the op above is correct

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is pepsi ok posted:

lf exposed me to how hosed up stuff was and also a dude there was named coneslammer and another was called buttcord

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
"And the people would tug on the butt cord!"
"That's nice, grandpa, time for bed."

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Majorian posted:

There are only two eras of LF:

-The Paradol Ex era.
-The non-Paradol Ex era.

LF scholars would argue over whether the eras should be named for Paradol Ex or Toblerone Triangular

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

remember prince of dicks

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I remember the laissez-faire institute for posting psychiatry, run by cefte and fish steer a dhow

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

that day my non smart phone web browser started yelling "ponita!" on a bronx bus was very funny

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

bush's brain!!!

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

LF scholars would argue over whether the eras should be named for Paradol Ex or Toblerone Triangular

i never thought TT did anything as funny as wrap it up obamilures.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

ex post facho posted:

I remember the laissez-faire institute for posting psychiatry, run by cefte and fish steer a dhow

i used to play eve with cefte

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

CaptainACAB posted:

Paradol Ex's masterwork was the Chris Benoit post

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

anteater 4 prez ftw

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

CaptainACAB posted:

Nothing TT did was that funny on its own, but the years-long dedication to his role was a masterclass in shitposting. He never overplayed his hand or gave any impression of insincerity until he was ready to come clean.

I was the most perfectly executed gimmick account this site will ever see.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

I love the biological thresholds thing. Objectivists really are indignant about removing God from their ideology.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Crowsbeak posted:

I love the biological thresholds thing. Objectivists really are indignant about removing God from their ideology.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

Speak on it king

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

cagliostr0 posted:

Paradol Ex's masterwork was the Chris Benoit post

one of the greatest posts

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Racism is a part of it. Just read Ayn Rands thoughts on Arabs or Native Americans. But for the most part this is about the fact that your ideology states there is some sort of objective morality with rigorous expectations while also explicitly saying that the universe has no creator and seeing all religion as a lie.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
yeah drat, that's crazy man

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
LF introduced me to GetFiscal and for that I’m forever thankful.

Maybe it’s because the average aged poster was younger and full of piss and vinegar, but LF was mean. CSPAM has some irrational angry posts now and then, but in LF people would jump on each other a lot faster and with a lot more hate.

That said, it was fun to read and nothing else was like it at the time.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

Racism is a part of it. Just read Ayn Rands thoughts on Arabs or Native Americans. But for the most part this is about the fact that your ideology states there is some sort of objective morality with rigorous expectations while also explicitly saying that the universe has no creator and seeing all religion as a lie.

thats whats up

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

what is it with this thread over the past few days? lmao

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

some posters realized that if you can disarm everyone saying the Democrats will get owned in 2022 with facts and logic, the Democrats will not get owned

however, it's 2022 and the Democrats are getting destroyed

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Cloks posted:

some posters realized that if you can disarm everyone saying the Democrats will get owned in 2022 with facts and logic, the Democrats will not get owned

however, it's 2022 and the Democrats are getting destroyed

I just want them obliterated.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I'm thinkin bout thos beans and democrats getting destroyed in 2022

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
important to remember that the democrats who lose their elections will still be better off than the vast majority of humanity could ever hope to be

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

ELTON JOHN posted:

important to remember that the democrats who lose their elections will still be better off than the vast majority of humanity could ever hope to be

Well we have to [tape edit] forgive them OP.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Losing elections is the best source of income the Democrats could hope for.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

Reminiscing over LF, a forum that will be forever preserved as a relic from before the democrats were destroyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley
I was thinking today about how stupid the Democrats are going to look when Russia doesn't invade Ukraine, and how it will help ensure the complete demolition of the party in November.