Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
we can't have tobacco sponsorship but the Absolut Vodka Saudi Arabian Grand Prix wouldn't be a problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZ2gOOpszAc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Papaya bois looking sharp

Panic! At The Tesco fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 12, 2022

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Lens settings make it look like Danny Ric is trying to choke Lando with some stretch arm poo poo.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I hope Red Bull ends up a full backmarker this year for doing on "unveiling" of the loving show car with the same livery they've had for 15 years.

But also Checo 2022 WDC

What I'm saying is Max should come in last in every race.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Dang I was hoping they'd go back to silver now that 2nd racism is over but probably not if they've got Georgie wearing last years suit.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Sab0921 posted:

I hope Red Bull ends up a full backmarker this year for doing on "unveiling" of the loving show car with the same livery they've had for 15 years.

But also Checo 2022 WDC

What I'm saying is Max should come in last in every race.

Should I buy the checo flag

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

ArmZ posted:

Should I buy the checo flag

I love Checo "WDC 2022" Perez but this flag loving sucks.

Just buy a mexican flag

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Just to be clear Checo is WDC 2022.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

acidx posted:

Dang I was hoping they'd go back to silver now that 2nd racism is over but probably not if they've got Georgie wearing last years suit.

wtf why
the black kicks rear end idiot

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

acidx posted:

I heard black suits/silver car.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

the paradigm shift posted:

wtf why
the black kicks rear end idiot

Rolling out the W11 in full black was a fantastic move, the car looked incredible (and still does)

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I just learned about the Monaco Jaguar Oceans 12 publicity stunt, and was shocked to find out people actually thought/think that was real?

The real question, was the crash itself planned? My gut says yes.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I love Checo "WDC 2022" Perez but this flag loving sucks.

Just buy a mexican flag

ok is there an f1 flag i should buy for my wall that looks good

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

That's a lot of MPH bwoah.

ArmZ posted:

A blue one for mazeking.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dudley posted:

I heard black suits/silver car.

I did wonder if black race suits would be more uncomfortable at the hot daytime races. Like it must be uncomfortable as hell wearing all that fireproof gear at the best of times but then going for black can't help.

Looks cool as hell though.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
https://twitter.com/seanbulldesign/status/1492078342945873940?s=20&t=OhT1UjOkaog1k8HYBueLPA

I am literally begging Alpine not to gently caress this up

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

ArmZ posted:

No you're an adult. You should not have an f1 flag (or any flag) on your wall.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Search your feelings, this is the team that added big red blobs to ruin a JPS tribute livery

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

boop the snoot posted:

we can't have tobacco sponsorship but the Absolut Vodka Saudi Arabian Grand Prix wouldn't be a problem

What connection do you think you are making

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Sab0921 posted:

No you're an adult. You should not have an f1 flag (or any flag) on your wall.

is a flag better or worse than a lego set

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Kids like lego sets, no one likes flags.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

smackfu posted:

Kids like lego sets, no one likes flags.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jasper_Johns?wprov=sfla1

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

ArmZ posted:

is a flag better or worse than a lego set

So much worse.

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

Is there good non-official merch somewhere? The official site is disappointing.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

someone post “checo wdc 2022” and then we all can empty quote it

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Checo wdc 2022

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Sab0921 posted:

Checo wdc 2022

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Knight2m posted:

Is there good non-official merch somewhere? The official site is disappointing.

I bought an official Lando Norris shirt because I liked the neon color and it cost $55 USD and is one of the shittiest quality iron-on logos I’ve had.

My friend’s mom got me a Verstappen shirt that was unofficial and it’s so much nicer both in the material and printed logo and I bet cost her less.

I don’t know of a good unofficial site but I’d bet a lot of the official merch is trash.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I bought an official Lando Norris shirt because I liked the neon color and it cost $55 USD and is one of the shittiest quality iron-on logos I’ve had.

My friend’s mom got me a Verstappen shirt that was unofficial and it’s so much nicer both in the material and printed logo and I bet cost her less.

I don’t know of a good unofficial site but I’d bet a lot of the official merch is trash.

Once and for all proving he is best

too bad for him his teammate will be wdc 2022

checo wdc 2022

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I believe in checo 2022

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Get In There, Our Checo. 2022 WDC

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Sab0921 posted:

Checo wdc 2022

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I would like a checo wdc 2022 but the thought of a smug Horner or red bull in general winning is too gross for me

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

tuo posted:

I'd actually like to take this offer up.

With understand I mean were they designed by a group of people that said "wait, we need 23 teeth instead of 21 to better manage this or that vortex, and if we add two slits here, it'll help us seal the floor and why not a small winglet here and there" or is part of this a result of computer simulation? Like, draw a spline in CAD here, and the let the computer generate a version with 10 teeth, 11, 12.....30 and run CFD on the result, and engineers then pick the one with the best results and prototype it?

Because some of the 2021 bargeboards where just absolutely nuts, imo, way more complex than any of the front-wing monstrosities or 2008 "winglets all over the place"-cars. Like:

You're not far off on both counts. First there will be some kind of project kicked off that aims to rectify some kind of instability or other undesirable aero behaviour.

A bit of research on existing geometry will go on to work out where losses are coming from (let's say this comes back with something like "the vortices off these teeth are going into the rear brake duct in high speed corners"), then a raft of geometry rearrangements will be put through CFD to see what works best whilst not causing undesirable behaviour in other conditions.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Skarsnik posted:

I would like a checo wdc 2022 but the thought of a smug Horner or red bull in general winning is too gross for me

everyone likes checo and he is steadily turning horner/red bull toward the light. checo wdc 2022.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I see someone has never bought a Crystal Palace shirt made by puma...

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Rebus posted:

You're not far off on both counts. First there will be some kind of project kicked off that aims to rectify some kind of instability or other undesirable aero behaviour.

A bit of research on existing geometry will go on to work out where losses are coming from (let's say this comes back with something like "the vortices off these teeth are going into the rear brake duct in high speed corners"), then a raft of geometry rearrangements will be put through CFD to see what works best whilst not causing undesirable behaviour in other conditions.

That’s super interesting, thank you! I have tons of questions on regard to your second paragraph, though I fear I’d be pushing the limit you can answer, but hey…

I remember a couple years back that the…uh…what was it called? Running air tunnel, can’t remember, the one where the wheels were spinning instead of the car beeing steady, seemed to helped a lot. I also seem to remember a picture from a wind tunnel couple years back, where the car (IIRC it was a Merc) had a strange vertical stem attached to the airbox, where I can only assume it was used to simulate suspension load, basically being able to push the car down/simulate the suspension work (though I assume these models have no suspension that correlates with the 1:1 chassis) in regard to how airflow changes during load. Is it nowadays possible to check that in an air tunnel in regard to turning plus spinning wheels, or is the later part irrelevant?

Also reminds me of the butterfly rear suspension/beam wings or however you might call it from that one McLaren where all the experts totally freaked out over and it ended up as a wet fart.

Sorry for the wall of text, but this stuff fascinates me, and I love to get even the slightest bit of first hand information about it instead of wading through Scarborough (etc.) tweets and forum posts.

E: sorry, I should add a tl;dr: is it possible nowadays to simulate both turning in corners (slow, mid, fast) plus suspension load in a wind tunnel?

tuo fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Feb 13, 2022

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

tuo posted:

E: sorry, I should add a tl;dr: is it possible nowadays to simulate both turning in corners (slow, mid, fast) plus suspension load in a wind tunnel?

Basically everything that can be actively controlled on the tunnel model is active (within the regulations), so you can more or less replicate any combination of suspension loading scenarios you want.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Checo will never be WDC :toxx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
hopefully his driving is cleaner this season