Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!
Fun Shoe
Wordle 238 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟨⬛🟨🟨⬛
🟨🟩⬛🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Wordle 238 4/6*

⬛🟩🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟨🟨
🟨🟩🟨🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I wound up making my third guess sacrificial because I couldn't come up with any words that fit..

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Wordle 238 4/6

⬛⬛🟨🟩⬛
🟨🟩⬛🟩⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Wordle 238 3/6*

⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Wordle 238 4/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨🟩🟨
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I have a really bad habit of typing without thinking with poo poo like this, so the second guess had letters which the first guess had already revealed to not be in the loving word I'm after.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Wordle 238 5/6

⬛🟨🟨🟩⬛
🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Wordle 238 4/6

🟨⬛🟨⬛🟨
⬛🟨🟨🟨⬛
🟨⬛🟩⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I stared at my board for a long time before getting the final word, and created a neat artsy pattern as I did it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Wordle 238 6/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨🟩⬜🟨
🟨🟩🟩⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Barely but I got it!

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Wordle 238 4/6

🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟨
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

My first wordle. Feelin mighty pleased with myself.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I think the New York times website has screwed up my streak its saying I have a 3 win streak however I know I didn't get the Wordle yesterday. Anyway has anyone else encountered this?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Hollismason posted:

I think the New York times website has screwed up my streak its saying I have a 3 win streak however I know I didn't get the Wordle yesterday. Anyway has anyone else encountered this?

I had done 5 wordles when it switched, after completion of the first puzzle on the new host it said I had a streak of 1 (should have been 6), then the next day it after completion it updated and said I had 6 (when it should then be 7) and now today it still says I have 6 when it should be 8. I assume at some point they are going to make people complaining about this "register an account to solve the issue".

Wordle 238 5/6

⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

P mediocre one on this, felt a bit robbed with vowel placements, but if I thought long and hard my 4th guess wasn't very good

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

sure looks like there was some weirdness in the transition to Times ownership, i got a second chance at today's word

still took me three guesses because my memory is shot

Wordle 238 3/6

🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Wordle 238 4/6*

⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
🟨⬛🟨🟨⬛
🟨🟨🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Several days now I get trolled by carefully rearranging all my yellows multiple times and getting a big fat nothing out of it

Has the NYT modified the code yet? The full future word list is in plain text or some poo poo isn't it? A first step of taking over daily word selection doesn't seem particularly farfetched

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Wordle 238 4/6*

🟦🟦⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟦🟦⬛🟦
🟦🟧🟧⬛🟦
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

Seems to have transferred my streak over properly.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

FPzero posted:

Wordle 238 4/6

🟨⬛🟨⬛🟨
⬛🟨🟨🟨⬛
🟨⬛🟩⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I stared at my board for a long time before getting the final word, and created a neat artsy pattern as I did it.

This is pretty

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Hollismason posted:

No, I got it yesterday.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

I had done 5 wordles when it switched, after completion of the first puzzle on the new host it said I had a streak of 1 (should have been 6), then the next day it after completion it updated and said I had 6 (when it should then be 7) and now today it still says I have 6 when it should be 8. I assume at some point they are going to make people complaining about this "register an account to solve the issue".

Wordle 238 5/6

⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

P mediocre one on this, felt a bit robbed with vowel placements, but if I thought long and hard my 4th guess wasn't very good

I just did today's, and my whole streak is gone. I had like 10 or 11. And now back to one. Hopefully it fixes itself.

Plus it wasn't in dark mode anymore, I had to change it. Maybe they reset it today?

I just went back to it, and it didn't even count the one I *JUST* did 2 minutes ago.

Therefore :

Wordle 238 1/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I'm a genius.

( I actually got it in 3..

Wordle 238 3/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 )

I use this link :

https://www.nytimes.com/games/wordle/index.html

Did it change, or anything?

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 12, 2022

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Wordle 80 2/6

🟨⬜🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Ooh baby I'm proud of this one.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Wordle 238 3/6

⬛🟩🟨🟩⬛
🟨🟩⬛🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

My second guess was actually a bit of a throwaway because I couldn’t think of a single thing that actually fit the clues I had. But it got me to the answer. (I know, I know, easy mode.)

nerdlegame 24 3/6

⬛🟪⬛⬛⬛🟩🟪🟪
🟩🟪🟩🟩🟪🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Tried nerdle for the first time, very lucky first guess.

Daily Dordle #0019 2&3/7
🟨⬜🟩🟩⬜ 🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
zaratustra.itch.io/dordle

I destroyed this too, but again I think it was beginner’s luck! I used the same starting working as for Wordle. flare which is probably suboptimal but generally seems to work well.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

New Zealander, Tom, was feeling down after a tough day of work. He decided to take a walk around the town to clear his head. As he walked, he noticed a sheep on the side of the road. He decided to gently caress it.

I meant to paste my Wordle, but that AI narrative text was in the clipoard. I'll leave it there.

Wordle 239 4/6*

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟨🟨⬛
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Soild 4. All good. I would have maybe got it in three, but I put in a rarer more awesome word instead. :v:

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I have a really bad habit of typing without thinking with poo poo like this, so the second guess had letters which the first guess had already revealed to not be in the loving word I'm after.

Turn on hard mode dude.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

I just started posting in this thread so sorry if this is an old topic, but do most of you stick with the same starting word, choose from a predetermined list or just wing it? I like to try to make up a new one each time. I know I've probably duplicated a few but it seems more fun to do it that way than go with a perfectly tested word every time.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

I just started posting in this thread so sorry if this is an old topic, but do most of you stick with the same starting word, choose from a predetermined list or just wing it? I like to try to make up a new one each time. I know I've probably duplicated a few but it seems more fun to do it that way than go with a perfectly tested word every time.

I try to use a different word each day. For me that's part of the fun of it. Sometimes I'll see a five letter word when reading something and think hmm ... good starting word.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
How frequently is the word plural?

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Never, plural has six letters

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Visible Stink posted:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Blow posted:

Turn on hard mode dude.

hard mode just makes you use all the letters that you've uncovered, it doesn't prevent you from reusing bad letters or stop you from putting a yellow somewhere it's already been

I wish it would, I've absentmindedly done both of those things while on hard mode

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Carly Gay Dead Son posted:

I'm pretty sure there are no plurals.

Also I figured out I need to solve the next 26 games to get my Win percentage from 98% to 99%.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

TIP posted:

hard mode just makes you use all the letters that you've uncovered, it doesn't prevent you from reusing bad letters or stop you from putting a yellow somewhere it's already been

I wish it would, I've absentmindedly done both of those things while on hard mode

I'm extremely impatient for the first few guesses and routinely end up doing this and regretting it when I spend far longer on my final guesses out of fear of finally losing. It gets the heart going in the morning

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Visible Stink posted:

:bravo:

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.

Carly Gay Dead Son posted:

I've not seen one, but I don't know if it's ever been explicitly ruled out

One of my rotating start words is IOTAS, I live dangerously

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Wordle 239 4/6

⬛🟨⬛🟨⬛
🟨🟩🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

nerdlegame 24 4/6

🟩🟪⬛⬛🟪🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟪🟩⬛🟪🟩🟩⬛
🟩⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

https://nerdlegame.com #nerdle

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

sootikins posted:

I've not seen one, but I don't know if it's ever been explicitly ruled out

One of my rotating start words is IOTAS, I live dangerously

There's a publicly accessible word list (that's also in order which would explain how a lot of people do better than a literal computer using the word bank and optimized guessing, which averages about 3.4 guesses), there are no plural words.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Wordle 239 4/6*

⬛🟨⬛🟨⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟨🟩
🟨⬛🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
Wordle 239 6/6

🟧⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟧🟧⬜⬜⬜
🟧🟧⬜🟦⬜
🟧🟧🟦⬜⬜
🟧🟧⬜🟧🟧
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

It reset my colour blind mode back to normal, no excuse though as I checked it after my first guess. This was just me sounding out words in my head, and the correct word was sounded wrong!

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Today's Nerdle was a bitch.

nerdlegame 25 4/6

⬛⬛🟪⬛⬛🟪⬛⬛
🟩🟪🟪⬛🟪⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛⬛🟪🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

https://nerdlegame.com #nerdle

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
DordleDaily Dordle #0019 2&4/7
🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜ ⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟨⬜🟨🟩
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
zaratustra.itch.io/dordle
I'll be the first to admit I got lucky on the left

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Wordle 238 4/6

⬛🟨🟨🟨⬛
🟨🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Bleh.

Wordle 239 4/6*

⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛
⬛🟩🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Wordle 239 3/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

NYT seems to remember I played lasterday now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Wordle 239 3/6*

⬛🟨⬛🟩🟩
🟩⬛⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ArbitraryC posted:

There's a publicly accessible word list (that's also in order which would explain how a lot of people do better than a literal computer using the word bank and optimized guessing, which averages about 3.4 guesses), there are no plural words.

Plurals are still a good way to test out yellows and check for S at the same time.