Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I could also totally see him not wanting to voice the character anymore. Talk about him not getting the money he "wanted" might be mis-reporting him going "Look, you want me to do ANOTHER season of that? $500,000 per episode" because he just wants to be left alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

John DiMaggio is inarguably a Billy West/Tom Kenny/Tara Strong level talent that deserves whatever he’s asking for. Also isn’t there a Voice Actors Guild? Isn’t there, like, a certain amount of money he has to make just for being in the business for 30+ years?

SAG-AFTRA reps voice actors too

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I'd expect a poor performance from the rest of the cast if he's not on board when they record. I also think they could get away with changing everyone's voice by just having an accident on the ship that changes everyone's voice but the people inside the ship at the time. I dunno we've already tasted purple. Fry can ask if anyone heard purple, bender was on the Ship's hull at the time so he sounds like someone doing a Bender impression.

There all wrapped up in a very Futurama way.

My first part of the rest of the cast sandbagging isn't valid if it's not over money. I think they'd respect him wanting out.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Crain posted:

I could also totally see him not wanting to voice the character anymore. Talk about him not getting the money he "wanted" might be mis-reporting him going "Look, you want me to do ANOTHER season of that? $500,000 per episode" because he just wants to be left alone.

I could see that, except:

The_Doctor posted:

DiMaggio’s Twitter right now is him retweeting people saying they need him back as Bender.

This seems less like the actions of a person who's not coming back because they're over the role and instead implies they're not coming back only because the studio is trying to screw them over and not pay them fairly.

There's a long history of voice actors getting unfairly compensated for the work they do and I'd bet dollars to donuts that's what's going on here.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Wasn’t there an voice acting problem for the Comedy Central reboot where they wanted to pay everyone less?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Wonder if they'll have forgotten how to pronounce any characters names this time around.

Still not over Ndnd somehow becoming Unda-Unda in the first reboot.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

sebzilla posted:

Wonder if they'll have forgotten how to pronounce any characters names this time around.

Still not over Ndnd somehow becoming Unda-Unda in the first reboot.

A Pro Setter! It is I! Fray!

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
This Futurama reboot, the articles I could find online just talk about the cast, but who's writing this?

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Analytic Engine posted:

FYI there are at least two versions of the narration, don't remember which is better or why

While the first has some line deliveries I prefer ("You are so loving stupid," says Harry; Just then- ARGHH!!! Holy loving poo poo!!!), Neely loses steam near the end, while the second draft has more energy and is better performed overall.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh how the wine talks!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Come And See posted:

I imagine it was quite the surprise for Lamb Chop.

maybe its just my busted childhood memory but didnt lamb chop meet like the phantom of the opera or a haunted house or something.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Come And See posted:

I imagine it was quite the surprise for Lamb Chop.

RIP to a real one

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

mycomancy posted:

RIP to a real one

This tangent sent me on a trip. I had heard the news of her passing growing up, but never saw this particular ep. I was the target audience when this was recorded, so, like a letter in a bottle, message finally received:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8-9YudLPz8&t=1505s

(If I have to be sad, so do all of you.)

Thank you Shari.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

maybe its just my busted childhood memory but didnt lamb chop meet like the phantom of the opera or a haunted house or something.

Not familiar, but this was in the related videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XUkcV_TyXE

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Jason Lamb Chop Goes to Hell the Land of No Manners

https://youtu.be/bv8hb3-oI10

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WflN6a-dys

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Come And See posted:

This tangent sent me on a trip. I had heard the news of her passing growing up, but never saw this particular ep. I was the target audience when this was recorded, so, like a letter in a bottle, message finally received:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8-9YudLPz8&t=1505s

(If I have to be sad, so do all of you.)

Thank you Shari.

Not familiar, but this was in the related videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XUkcV_TyXE

yeah that was it.

also vizipop has their annual valentines day sale so if you want to buy some ok graphic t-shirts and weird horny poo poo of hosed up side characters from a weird cartoon show.

its available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLDeN3BwFRw

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1493654135127908354?s=20&t=lwi1Sfu0rMpP_VLXU0RR3g

I have fond childhood memories of reading all my dad's bloom county books despite not understanding a single joke.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Striking while the iron is cold I see. Could be interesting, but I kind of doubt it. Would be happy to be wrong though.

In other news of bringing back things folks had mostly forgotten about, did anyone have MC Motherfucking Skat Kat showing up in a movie on their bingo cards?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

x-post from the chat thread but they've explained how the Beavis and Butt-Head revival is going to work.
https://twitter.com/TitmouseInc/status/1493745677599313920
Basically a movie that will bring them to the present day and then the series will go from there.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Bloom County makes me laugh harder than almost anything else in the world. Berkeley Breathed, Gary Larson, Bill Waterson, these three have a better understanding of life, humor, and the human condition than literally any, ANY, of the greatest novelists in living memory. I also think Achewood at it’s best can hang with that crew, I believe, although it’s less whimsical despite being about talking animals.

I’ll watch da Bloom County show

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

J-Spot posted:

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1493654135127908354?s=20&t=lwi1Sfu0rMpP_VLXU0RR3g

I have fond childhood memories of reading all my dad's bloom county books despite not understanding a single joke.

This is pretty much word for word what I was telling my roommate. I remember liking Bill the Cat

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He did the Calvin-&-Hobbes-esque comics that were used as the framing device for the movie Secondhand Lions, which was pretty cool

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

x-post from the chat thread but they've explained how the Beavis and Butt-Head revival is going to work.
https://twitter.com/TitmouseInc/status/1493745677599313920
Basically a movie that will bring them to the present day and then the series will go from there.

does this mean the 2011 season is noncanon? i need to update my beavis and butt-head grimoire

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

He did the Calvin-&-Hobbes-esque comics that were used as the framing device for the movie Secondhand Lions, which was pretty cool

He also did an actual Calvin and Hobbes crossover sequel recently, apparently with Watterson's approval.

The background here is that a character in a face-concealing mask and suit had been hanging around for a while during the Covid storyline, and everyone assumed it was Bill the Cat:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I don't like his artstyle. As a kid I always skipped over his weird cartoons to read Garfield and The Boondocks.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

:3: I never read bloom county, but I loved Calvin and Hobbes so I deeply appreciate this whole series of strips.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

SimonChris posted:

He also did an actual Calvin and Hobbes crossover sequel recently, apparently with Watterson's approval.

The background here is that a character in a face-concealing mask and suit had been hanging around for a while during the Covid storyline, and everyone assumed it was Bill the Cat:

Aww man that made me feel stuff. Changed my mind, I’m cool with the TV show, but only if Hobbes and Bacon is still cannon.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah, I’ve barely read a handful of Bloom County strips but Calvin & Hobbes was a huge part of my childhood, that last panel actually made me a little emotional.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Data Graham posted:

Oh shoot, really? That's so cool and that's a great movie

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Apparently the reason John DiMaggio's not doing new new Futurama isn't because he's not being paid enough, but because no one's being paid enough in his opinion

https://twitter.com/TheJohnDiMaggio/status/1493769815353225217

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

TwoPair posted:

Apparently the reason John DiMaggio's not doing new new Futurama isn't because he's not being paid enough, but because no one's being paid enough in his opinion

https://twitter.com/TheJohnDiMaggio/status/1493769815353225217

John DiMaggio confirmed to be a stand up guy who's passionate about his craft.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

… Didn’t they have this exact problem of extreme under balling on pay last time the show was revived?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
It's really lovely the articles that are coming out about this that are wording their headlines in a way that make it sound like he's being greedy. It's also wild to me how many people I see that are NOT on his side.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

All people care about is MY SHOWS :byodood:

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
he already has enough money, he should provide free labor to the massive corporation in order to cut new content for me, the protagonist of reality, to enjoy. it is very selfish of him to preference his own wants and needs over my own

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I can see Billy West not asking for enough money. He’s like one of the top 10 most beloved and sought after voice actors in America and his website is like a 1996 Angelfire website designed by high school kids

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
He knows full well what he's worth, he might just want to do it because it's fun and he gets to be a ton of characters.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i do think it's a bit lovely for West and Sagal to not talk with DiMaggio about wages before signing on if they were all approached at the same time. not as lovely as the company low-balling them in the first place but it really puts DiMaggio in an awkward position here which I think he's handling expertly.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Those Bloom County strips do a surprisingly good job of capturing the Calvin & Hobbes energy minus Calvin. The panel of Hobbes bursting out of the trashcan could have been drawn by Watterson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Breathed & Watterson effortlessly dunk on any other comic strip artist from their peer group and pretty much any comic strip artist you’ve ever heard of. Both men clearly draw inspiration from George Herrimen, of Krazy Kat which was a WWII era comic strip but Herriman was never given the color and freedom of the later men so we don’t really know what he was capable of. Berkeley and Bill both pretty much got to do whatever they wanted within the format.