Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Mr Phillby posted:

I don't even like Dizzy its just not very funny to have your idenity used as an excuse to attack you as a racist and a pedophile apparently, especially on an american forum talking about a japanese videogame series.

Like yeah sorry about the british empire guys, my bad. I won't do it again.

Sorry I was tricked into thinking this was a cool place to talk about sonic related stuff with interesting people by all the good posters recently, I am the fool for being upset when someone said something lovely out of nowhere. Damned to defend an egg i don't even particularly like because i think its lovely to call something blanket racist when its about as objectionable as the game Spelunky is.

Great job I'll gently caress off now, i hope you're happy.

Omfg lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sonic the Hedgehog

Everywhere his light touches, poo poo gets weird and dumb. Internet message boards are no different.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
i love sonic.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Guys, come on, it's not fun to paint the whole UK as racist.

Now, the ENGLISH on the other hand...

Pastamania
Mar 5, 2012

You cannot know.
The things I've seen.
The things I've done.
The things he made me do.

Chieves posted:

Guys, come on, it's not fun to paint the whole UK as racist.

Now, the ENGLISH on the other hand...

This is all really loving weird, and not in a fun quirky lol goons kinda of way, more in a 'wow what depressingly horrible nasty people' kind of way.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Dr. Eggman is not racist and is a feminist.

Dizzy does not seem like a feminist

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

Having a meltdown over your favorite mascot platformer is incredibly on-brand for a thread about Sonic the Hedgehog tbf.

It is shameful because seemingly their favorite mascot platformer is not Sonic the Hedgehog.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

eggman is a fascist

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

eggman is a feminist

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Palmtree Panic posted:

Dr. Eggman is not racist and is a feminist.

Dizzy does not seem like a feminist

Actually that was a mistranslation. He’s a chauvinist.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

eggman is a very complex person

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

freedom planet 2 bein showed off on agdq's twitch rn. i dunno some people itt probably care

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
how can some people spend quite literally 13 years on this website and not tell when someone is talking poo poo in the most exaggerated and outreageous manner about the population of the uk by proxy of a middling but technically impressive platformer from the 80s, and that it is facetious and absolutely ridiculous with no basis on reality. like i set my bar real low and goons still cant clear it

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

MonsterEnvy posted:

Actually that was a correct translation. He’s a feminist.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

ArfJason posted:

how can some people spend quite literally 13 years on this website and not tell when someone is talking poo poo in the most exaggerated and outreageous manner about the population of the uk by proxy of a middling but technically impressive platformer from the 80s, and that it is facetious and absolutely ridiculous with no basis on reality. like i set my bar real low and goons still cant clear it
I'm still lolling about it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

ArfJason posted:

so you think its funny that people called the imperialist egg man a racist pedophile? hosed up

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 13, 2022

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/keithjohnstack/status/1491851216690814977

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The Adventures of Allan QuaterEgg in the Terf Iles

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
using the worst controls god has ever imagined to command dizzy egg to commit heinous hate crimes (british cuisine)

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
https://twitter.com/mrjakehumphrey/status/1492478583524184070?t=TH7onuonQTDx0RB5yKJUrg&s=19

rip dizzy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ArfJason posted:

using the worst controls god has ever imagined to command dizzy egg to commit heinous hate crimes (british cuisine)

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Eggman abuses animals :ohdear:

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

quote:

The main protagonist and player character for the series is the eponymous Dizzy, an anthropomorphic egg with big eyes, a smiley face, boxing gloves and minimal identifying features. Named for the way he somersaults and rolls around the screen, Dizzy's design was kept deliberately simple. The idea was that this allows players to project themselves onto the character, and to imagine a character beyond what could be achieved by computer graphics of the time
It turns out you can imagine Dizzy is actually Sonic the Hedgehog

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Or a racist!

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

the ongoing Harvard experiment of letting the British use the internet has backfired.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Pants Donkey posted:

Eggman abuses animals :ohdear:

He stopped putting animals in robots. Eggman is reformed, maybe the true hero of the series.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

So what does he use to power his robots now if not woodland creatures?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

A Cup of Ramen posted:

I don’t think that’s ever been explained honestly (though he does go back to using animals to power his robots in Lost World).

In Sonic Advance 3 they’re powered by rings but in most games from Heroes onward nothing comes out of the robots when they’re destroyed.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Feb 13, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

A Cup of Ramen posted:

bitcoin

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

A Cup of Ramen posted:

In Sonic 2006 they appear to be powered by chaos drives that you automatically collect, which are similar to the ones used by GUN in SA2.

Pastamania
Mar 5, 2012

You cannot know.
The things I've seen.
The things I've done.
The things he made me do.

ArfJason posted:

Shockingly, people don't really like randomly being called racist paedophiles because of their nationality.

This is a really obvious concept that anyone who's got the most basic social skills understands. like I set my bar real low and goons still cant clear it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Its this

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012