Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on government plans to help people pay their energy bills – Boris Johnson is hoping to regain the political initiative with a package of support announced by the chancellor, Rishi Sunak"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Millions in UK face fuel poverty despite Sunak support, say experts

Independent:

Times:

Department of Health writes off £9bn spent in England’s Covid PPE drive

Evening Standard:

Another adviser reportedly quits after ‘meltdown day’ at No 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Steve Bell is the only cartoonist who can make me lol

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson’s sinking ship – Boris Johnson still has control of No 10 after a string of close aides quit their jobs this week, his official spokesman has insisted"

Telegraph:

Matt:

China opens Winter Olympics with peace doves and a mighty provocation

Independent:

After Ilya Repin.

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"A week is a long time in politics for Boris Johnson – Chris Riddell on a disastrous few days for the prime minister"

Sunday Telegraph:

Rethink net zero plans, Cabinet urges, as country faces biggest cost-of-living crisis in a generation

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
oh no the upper middle classes

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That house has maybe three rooms in it.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

goatface posted:

That house has maybe three rooms in it.
I think they own the acres of white void it backs onto though.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings: world kings and consort queens – The Queen has said that she wants Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall to take the title of queen consort when Charles ascends to the throne"

Telegraph:

Independent:

You’ll need a tank division to drag me out of Downing St, Boris Johnson tells allies

Times:

Carrie Johnson says she has been targeted by ‘brutal campaign’

Evening Standard:

Javid denies Treasury held up NHS recovery plan; Britain’s Dodds and Mouat target curling bronze after painful defeat by Norway

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Macron’s visit to Russia for Ukraine crisis talks with Putin – The French president, Emmanuel Macron, believes he can deliver ‘a historic solution’ to the Ukraine crisis ahead of his arrival in Moscow for talks with Russia’s president, Vladimir Putin" After Meissonier and The School of Fontainebleau.

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson says he 'absolutely' does not doubt Rishi Sunak's loyalty; Neighbours needs good friends to survive after UK network axes iconic soap

Matt:

Independent:

Boris Johnson sang ‘I Will Survive’ to new No 10 communications chief

Times:

Boris Johnson ‘not a complete clown’, says his new press chief

Evening Standard:

Pressure mounts on Johnson to apologise for Jimmy Savile remark; Jimmy Carr’s joke about Roma people ‘deeply disturbing’, says No 10

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Margaret Thatcher, Boris Johnson and Jimmy Savile – Pressure mounts on PM to apologise for Jimmy Savile remark after mob confronts Keir Starmer"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson and Rishi Sunak put on show of unity in bid to move on from ‘partygate’ scandal; Putin’s massive table: powerplay or paranoia?

Matt:

Rees-Mogg becomes minister for Brexit opportunities in Boris Johnson reshuffle

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Kurt Zouma fined £250,000 and cats taken by RSPCA after video emerges

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson’s rebirth – Scotland Yard is considering whether to investigate Boris Johnson over the funding of his Downing Street flat renovation after Labour’s lawyers claimed there was a ‘reasonable suspicion’” that he had broken anti-bribery laws" After Botticelli.

Telegraph:

NHS waiting lists will soar no matter what, warns Sajid Javid

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Billionaire Tory donor calls for Boris Johnson to resign

Evening Standard:

Boris Johnson plans to end England’s Covid rules a month early

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson, the Met and partygate – PM’s ‘partygate’ saga rumbles on, as photograph emerges and police commissioner says she will step down early"

Telegraph:

Russia's top diplomat mocks 'deaf' Liz Truss at testy joint appearance in Moscow

Matt:

Independent:

John Major says Boris Johnson broke lockdown laws and is creating mistrust

Times:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Get in the fuckin bin Brookes lol

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the resignation of Cressida Dick as Met chief – Boris Johnson is under increasing pressure to stay out of the process to select the new head of the Metropolitan police, given that the force is currently investigating whether he and others in Downing Street broke lockdown laws"

Telegraph:

We won’t accept Russia 'bullying neighbours', insists Boris Johnson

Matt:

Independent:

After Durer.

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Antiques roadshow is like old Top Gear and Doctor Who in that it makes the BBC a fortune via sales abroad, and would have a much higher production budget if they didn't have to subsidise newsreaders pay though

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Russia delights in Boris Johnson being ‘in charge’ – As Putin eyes Ukraine, the prime minister deals in claims and counter-claims"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt

Will the NHS waiting list problem ever be solved?

Sunday Times:

ROC skater Kamila Valieva tested positive for banned substance, ITA confirms

Mail on Sunday:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on fears over a Russian invasion of Ukraine – The US recently said Vladimir Putin could launch an invasion within days"

Telegraph:

Olaf Scholz: Ukraine crisis a challenge for German leader

Independent:

Professor who suggested non-white Britons not ‘indigenous’ to advise Gove on levelling-up plan

Times:

Evening Standard:

Kamila Valieva: Cas clearance for skater sparks anger at Winter Olympics

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the UK’s diplomatic efforts on Ukraine – Both Liz Truss and Boris Johnson have been zigzagging across Europe as part of western efforts to defuse the situation in the east" After Low.

Telegraph:

Olaf Scholz flies to Kyiv but remains silent on the Russian gas pipeline; After Illingworth.

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Russian invasion of Ukraine ‘highly likely’ and could happen on Wednesday, UK warns; After Mankoff.

David Squires:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
PEACE DOVE

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They forgot to label NURSE PUTIN so I have no idea what's supposed to be going on there.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

David Squires is a national treasure, no, gently caress off Australia he's ours now

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson, Joe Biden and the Ukraine crisis – The prime minister has said there are ‘mixed signals’ from Russia, after it said it was pulling back some of its troops from near Ukraine"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Queen to help pay for £12m Prince Andrew settlement

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

The Grand Old Duke of York - Wikipedia

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the continuing crisis in Ukraine – Russia is continuing to send troops to what is now the biggest concentration of forces in Europe since the cold war, contradicting Moscow’s claims of a drawdown on Ukraine’s border, Nato’s secretary general has said"

Telegraph:

Storm Eunice: ‘Stay indoors’ alert as 100mph gusts set to cause chaos :ohdear:

Matt:

Independent:

‘De-royaled’ Prince Andrew unlikely to return to public life

Times:

Evening Standard:

Prince Charles could be called as witness in cash-for-honours investigation

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Rebecca Hendin on a challenging week for the royal family – As speculation grows the Queen will have to bail out Prince Andrew in his settlement with Virginia Giuffre, news emerged Prince Charles could be called as witness in cash-for-honours investigation"

Telegraph:

Scorn poured on Russia’s claims of withdrawal from Ukraine as Putin accused of faking de-escalation

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Storm Eunice wreaks UK travel chaos as roads closed and trains curtailed

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Tory party people and stormy weather – Britain’s leaders think laterally as Storm Eunice blows in"

Telegraph:

Vladimir Putin steels Russia for tough Western sanctions amid Ukraine crisis

Matt:

O2 Arena roof ripped open as former Millennium Dome battered by 100mph Storm Eunice winds

Independent:

After Delacroix.

The i paper:

Times:

After Madness.

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"A chill wind: Storm Eunice and Vladimir Putin – The Russian president blows in under a false flag"

Sunday Telegraph:

Ukraine crisis: Europe faces one of its most perilous situations since the early 20th century, Truss warns

Matt:

Boris Johnson: Ukraine kindergarten shelling is false-flag operation

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Emmanuel Macron’s last-minute diplomatic bid in the Ukraine crisis – The French president has launched a desperate last-minute effort to try to avoid Russia invading Ukraine, amid further US warnings that war is imminent"

Telegraph:

Living with Covid plan: End of self isolation, free testing to be slashed and other key rule changes; ‘Perfect performance’: Team GB finally win first Beijing gold in women’s curling

Independent

Times:

The Queen tests positive for Covid

Evening Standard:

Big Jet TV: livestreaming of planes landing during Storm Eunice goes viral

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Johnson, scourge of infectors and invaders – The prime minister has announced an end to all major Covid restrictions in the UK as the crisis in Ukraine reaches boiling point" After Rubens. (I think, might be a better match out there?)

Telegraph:

Storm Franklin: flooding and property damage – in pictures

Matt:

"What in the world is happening to our beloved Wordle?"; "How Wordle started sending everyone into five-letter fits of fury"

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

https://twitter.com/Adamstoon1/status/1496109626516987907

David Squires:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"John Terry has his drawings of footballers as apes."

Yeah but he's had those since 2009 :heritage:

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Johnson, scourge of infectors and invaders – The prime minister has announced an end to all major Covid restrictions in the UK as the crisis in Ukraine reaches boiling point" After Rubens. (I think, might be a better match out there?)

The Rubens is more likely based off The Fur (Het Pelsken) ( :nws: classical bosum)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
What I love about Squires is that every one of the seemingly fantastical asides, like the first panel on drill music, is actually a reference to something real.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Russia’s ‘peacekeeping mission’ in Ukraine – Vladimir Putin has recognised the independence of two Russian-controlled territories in east Ukraine, the self-proclaimed republics in Luhansk and Donetsk, and ordered his troops into the area"

Telegraph:

Matt:

EU approves wide-ranging sanctions against Russia over Ukraine

Independent:

UK ministers plan tougher sanctions against Russia after PM criticised

Times:

Evening Standard:

Revealed: Thousands face decade-long criminal records for Covid rule breaches

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Russian donors to the Tory party — The Conservative party is coming under increasing pressure to sever links with wealthy Russian donors"

Telegraph:

Exodus begins: Ukrainians flee amid fears Russian invasion will prompt worst refugee crisis in decades; After Charles Addams.

Matt:

New face covering rules — face masks in London, in hospitals and where else?

Independent:

‘London laundromat’: how golden visa scheme created UK haven for dirty money After Levi's.

Times:

UK will stop Russia selling sovereign debt in London, says Liz Truss; Procol Harum singer Gary Brooker dies at 76

Evening Standard

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
gently caress off Adams you omnihack

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the US and UK response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine – Joe Biden and Boris Johnson have pledged solidarity with the Ukrainian people after Russia’s incursion"

Telegraph

EU hesitant to cut Russia off Swift as it pays for its gas, says Ben Wallace; Is the curtain coming down on ‘Londongrad’?

Matt:

Flood water breaches River Severn defences with more heavy rain, 70mph winds and snow on the way

Independent:

Times:

Bonus! Morland's animated cartoon.

Evening Standard:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Just had a thought, has any British cartoonist ever drawn Zelenskyi? For some reason the Ukrainian president seems to be absent from all cartoons about his country.

E: Okay, found one!

E2: And another one, also from Guardian, though less regnisable.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 26, 2022

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the frightening rise of Vladimir Putin – The Russian leader’s invasion of Ukraine has given him a level of global impact he never had before"

Telegraph:

Russian strikes pound Kyiv as Zelenskiy refuses US offer to evacuate

Matt:

Independent:

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Eggs were Luxury items until the 1980s, it wasn't a "humble meal" it was using up the most expensive thing in the kitchen before lent Collins you dozy boomer twat.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Can't believe the millennials are all indulging in rich, fatty foods before Lent. Mardy children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

learnincurve posted:

Eggs were Luxury items until the 1980s, it wasn't a "humble meal" it was using up the most expensive thing in the kitchen before lent Collins you dozy boomer twat.

I strongly suspect Collins is not being serious.