Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Looks great. I like that the dino is built and not molded like some of them. Those are boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I love big figs. :horse:

Actually would really like a T-Rex big fig but I think the brick built one works better for that scene. $99 is a really good price point for that set I'll definitely be picking it up.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Here's another angle

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
As an attorney I’m going to sue for discrimination since they didn’t include the lawyer minifig

Seriously I did preorder this and I am still hoping for a creator expert wrangler or tour car

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Pre-orders sold out but I am snagging that the second it is available. I hope Lego starts doing more vignettes like this for AFOL geared sets.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Cloks posted:

Pre-orders sold out but I am snagging that the second it is available. I hope Lego starts doing more vignettes like this for AFOL geared sets.

Still available on lego.com

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/t-rex-breakout-76956

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
How do I sign up to be one of the people that is playing with the legos in the photos on the store?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

veni veni veni posted:

Here's another angle

i Just want to boop him on the stud

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

How do I sign up to be one of the people that is playing with the legos in the photos on the store?

First requirement is to look absolutely nothing like the type of adult who is buying Legos.

E: Actually that dude on the Jurassic park thing might be the exception. I could see him in line at the lego store with 900 dollars worth of sets tucked under his arms.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Current BYGGLEK mood:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I like the brick-built T-Rex, but I really do not like the feet. It looks like they made them so tall so it'd accommodate the length of the piece they use to connect the toes and smooth out the front, but it just looks bad. They really should have come up with something at least 3 plates thinner.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rumours are starting to swirl about an 1000+ piece Optimus Prime set later this year, and may be transformable.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

The_Doctor posted:

Rumours are starting to swirl about an 1000+ piece Optimus Prime set later this year, and may be transformable.
This has hit Promobricks, one of the only reliable leak sources in a community full of trolls and fakes at the moment. Doesn't mean it's 100%, but more like... 80-90% likely, then.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I regret skipping Voltron. Plus I actually watched transformers as a kid so that's a buy for sure.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

veni veni veni posted:

I regret skipping Voltron. Plus I actually watched transformers as a kid so that's a buy for sure.

Exact same. I saw Voltron in Barnes & Noble a few months after it had retired, and I went back and forth on it. JE REGRETTE :doh:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
It's a definite buy if it's the cab over from the original show. If it's from one of the Bay movies hard pass.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It better be a cab-over Pete with a reefer on or a Jimmy haulin hogs.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

Pyroclastic posted:

I like the brick-built T-Rex, but I really do not like the feet. It looks like they made them so tall so it'd accommodate the length of the piece they use to connect the toes and smooth out the front, but it just looks bad. They really should have come up with something at least 3 plates thinner.

It’s been a problem for all the previous leg TRex sets. Foot needs to be beefier to support weight and that angle is a weird one. Skeletons set used technic for the ankle that mounted into the base which was a bit smaller but also wasn’t mobile

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Carbohydrates posted:

This has hit Promobricks, one of the only reliable leak sources in a community full of trolls and fakes at the moment. Doesn't mean it's 100%, but more like... 80-90% likely, then.

<you have my attention.gif>

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

veni veni veni posted:

The_Doctor posted:

Exact same. I saw Voltron in Barnes & Noble a few months after it had retired, and I went back and forth on it. JE REGRETTE :doh:

Voltron set owns and is practically a transformer anyway. A classic Optimus would be a day one purchase for me.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

I also regret skipping Voltron but I made a cool mini one that kind of scratched that itch.

Having messed with someone else's Voltron I don't really like the way the arms attach and detach though. I fear all those little clips breaking, I haven't had terribly good luck with stressing those over the years.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Prophet of Nixon posted:

I also regret skipping Voltron but I made a cool mini one that kind of scratched that itch.

Having messed with someone else's Voltron I don't really like the way the arms attach and detach though. I fear all those little clips breaking, I haven't had terribly good luck with stressing those over the years.

Voltron is a great set I am glad I own that sadly can’t do much more than T-Pose.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Mine just guards the booze on my downstairs bar so I don’t fiddle with it much, although I do feel like the legs are under stress and will probably crack at some point.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

The_Doctor posted:

This would be "something absolutely insane" wouldn't it?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

The_Doctor posted:

Right as I am getting my Lego addicted 10yr son into Transformers... Excellent.

EvilJoven posted:

It's a definite buy if it's the cab over from the original show. If it's from one of the Bay movies hard pass.

If the toy line is any indication, I would put money on it being modeled after the Netflix War for Cybertron trilogy.

I was never big into Transformers as a kid...until Beast Wars came out while I was in high school. 3D animation was a career path I was interested in at the time and that show just hooked me. So Optimus Prime is great, but an Optimus Primal would be a pre-order.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Yeah, I had two clips in the right shoulder break. I replaced them with different colours, but that's going to drive me mad if I ever rebuild it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
You know, I’ve had Voltron standing on display since it came out and I love it dearly but it’s also ways nagged at me how much his limited pose-ability made him look not very cool.

I’m actually debating having 5 much niftier lions on display. Shrug.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Deceptive Thinker posted:

This would be "something absolutely insane" wouldn't it?

HOW DARE

(:toot:)

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Check out this wild build posted in the Blessed Pictures thread.

You can skip to the end if you aren't that interested in the process. But the final thing is worth a look.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's an entire youtube channel which is just a guy taking simple Lego brick patterns and turning them into large geometric constructions, which is oddly satisfying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJBnkXsknuA

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

How do preorders on Lego.com work? Do they charge at the time of ordering, or shipping?

I want that Jurassic Park set because it’s Jurassic Park but I honest to god am not sure where I’d put it in my house yet.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Carbohydrates posted:

Admit it ... you're already working on how to build it yourself, aren't you?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

one of these in blue

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=30591-1#T=S&O=%7B%22iconly%22:0%7D

a red vidiyo box

and you shall have your prime

the chest could even open so the matrix would come out when it dies

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Optimus should come in a box that looks like a reissue of the model team giant truck and when you start building it you discover it's also a robot.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

How do preorders on Lego.com work? Do they charge at the time of ordering, or shipping?

I want that Jurassic Park set because it’s Jurassic Park but I honest to god am not sure where I’d put it in my house yet.

Charges when it ships, but there's usually a pre-authorisation fee that shows up as a pending charge on your card until it does. Though those sometimes get cancelled and disappear before shipping if there is enough time between the pre-order and something shipping, but I think that's down to your bank/credit card company and not LEGO.

Hi, I work for LEGO (just customer service, nothing exciting), been lurking this thread for a while looking for an excuse to post, this is as good as any.
If anyone has questions about CS related stuff for the web site or parts replacements or the like, I can probably answer them. We usually don't get told about unannounced sets in advance, and I wouldn't be able to talk about that anyway, so I wouldn't bother asking about anything like that.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

I just got the parts together for this and build it. It really fits in well with the regular speed champions and has some nice details. The roof is a little bit iffy and could do with some stabilizing.

Now I regret buying it as a gift for someone so I might just buy the parts again for myself.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-53544/RollingBricks/bmw-m3-dtm/#details

I also built this for myself:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-77186/LegoCG/f1-mclaren-mcl35m-monaco-livery/#details

This one is a bit more problematic. It's clear it hasn't been built only designed in Studio and suffers in a lot of places. Multiple points where a single 1x2 plate could fix major stability issues without impacting the look.

Wouldn't let a kid swoosh it around, but it's a shelf piece so I don't really mind.

Now for the cumbersome job of cutting out custom vinyl stickers and placing them everywhere on it.

Testro
May 2, 2009

Veotax posted:

If anyone has questions about CS related stuff for the web site or parts replacements or the like, I can probably answer them.

Ooh, I have one.

Like many in this thread, I have a large collection of Lego. I don't have children, so the sets are not played with. They're displayed in a dedicated room and I look after my sets carefully - no pets, no smoke etc. I generally keep the curtains/blinds in the room drawn so there's not too much sunlight.

I've recently been swapping around my display models and taking apart some models which have been on display for years. Some of the sets have bricks that have broken.

Now, fair enough - I know that reddish-brown was notorious for doing this, and some of my sets are from 10/11 when this was a big problem so there's the odd 2x8 plate that's broken completely, for example.

But there's also a few in the more recent sets - notably sets with clips. A couple of 1x1 plate clips on Hogwarts Castle have broken (holding trees) and the clips on the Kwik-E-Mart have done the same (the ones holding the carrots on the roof).

At first, I put a couple of requests for replacement parts in - but then I worried that I was doing too many at once (i.e. I haven't made a request in 15 years, suddenly I've made 3 requests in a week). Is there a limit on requesting replacement bricks? Am I best spreading them out over time, or am I ok to put all of the requests in - or should I contact CS and explain?

I don't want CS to ping me for making unreasonable requests. If it was on the smaller sets, I think I'd be less bothered, but having spent a few hundred on Hogwarts and Kwik-E-Mart, it feels a bit annoying that they've broken so easily after being built once.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
My Sharif's safe order for delayed again and I'm worried it's not going to ship until after I move, I'd tell them where but I don't know yet!

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Testro posted:

Ooh, I have one.

Like many in this thread, I have a large collection of Lego. I don't have children, so the sets are not played with. They're displayed in a dedicated room and I look after my sets carefully - no pets, no smoke etc. I generally keep the curtains/blinds in the room drawn so there's not too much sunlight.

I've recently been swapping around my display models and taking apart some models which have been on display for years. Some of the sets have bricks that have broken.

Now, fair enough - I know that reddish-brown was notorious for doing this, and some of my sets are from 10/11 when this was a big problem so there's the odd 2x8 plate that's broken completely, for example.

But there's also a few in the more recent sets - notably sets with clips. A couple of 1x1 plate clips on Hogwarts Castle have broken (holding trees) and the clips on the Kwik-E-Mart have done the same (the ones holding the carrots on the roof).

At first, I put a couple of requests for replacement parts in - but then I worried that I was doing too many at once (i.e. I haven't made a request in 15 years, suddenly I've made 3 requests in a week). Is there a limit on requesting replacement bricks? Am I best spreading them out over time, or am I ok to put all of the requests in - or should I contact CS and explain?

I don't want CS to ping me for making unreasonable requests. If it was on the smaller sets, I think I'd be less bothered, but having spent a few hundred on Hogwarts and Kwik-E-Mart, it feels a bit annoying that they've broken so easily after being built once.

So we do block people for abusing the free replacement service, but you usually have to be asking for a lot of parts and licensed parts/minifigs to have that happen. Like really suspicious stuff like "I'm missing all the minifigs from the UCS AT-AT". A bunch of regular parts probably aren't going to get you banned.
It could help to talk to CS directly, they might help out and just send you the parts if you explain and if there aren't too many parts you're after. Worse case scenario is they might just tell you to buy the parts from Bricks & Pieces instead (though you wouldn't be able to buy anything licensed).

Veotax fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Feb 13, 2022

Testro
May 2, 2009
Brilliant, thank you - I appreciate it!

Yeah, it's nothing major - it is literally like 8 clips, and a couple of plates. Absolutely nothing licensed or unique. I just thought it looked a lot in one go compared to my silence for the past 15 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?