Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Anita Dickinme posted:

It honestly wasn't bad at all. I think the thing I hate the most about it is that they didn't do the drat sequel they very obviously set it up for.

It's fine, just inessential as all hell, a story that didn't need telling. The only part of it that was extremely poo poo was when he got his name. I've seen at least three other Star Wars movies worse than it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

It's fine, just inessential as all hell, a story that didn't need telling. The only part of it that was extremely poo poo was when he got his name. I've seen at least three other Star Wars movies worse than it.

Oh yeah, actually this is it. No reason to tell it but since they did I stand by my wanting a drat sequel.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Anita Dickinme posted:

Oh yeah, actually this is it. No reason to tell it but since they did I stand by my wanting a drat sequel.

Tragic missed opportunity to call the sequel Duo

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dave Syndrome posted:

As opposed to a Hutt being strangled to death with a chain?

Jabbas death is almost played for laughs with his tongue squirming all over the place and him just dying out.

Where as this mayor is strung up and we only see his feet dangling. Pretty brutal.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I think spice isn’t drugs it’s literally food seasoning that is illegal for some reason

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I was hoping for a good segment of Danny Trejo rancor taming lessons

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Give Donald glover a series

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Ballz posted:

Did I miss it or have we already talked about Ray Stevenson joining the cast of Ahsoka to play Admiral Definitely Not Thrawn?

Huh, this article is also the first I've heard of Hayden coming back as Anakin for the Ashoka show. I knew he was coming back for Kenobi, but not this one.

It's gonna be as a Force Ghost, so I'm guessing it's not a huge part.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I really hope Ahsoka and Obi Wan shows are their own shows and not additional seasons of The Mandalorian.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Give Donald glover a series

Atlanta but Cloud City would be great.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

It's fine, just inessential as all hell, a story that didn't need telling. The only part of it that was extremely poo poo was when he got his name.
Real missed opportunity to make his name Han Seoul-Oh

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ralph Hurley posted:

I think spice isn’t drugs it’s literally food seasoning that is illegal for some reason

forbidden tumeric

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Azhais posted:

forbidden tumeric

Criminalized cumin

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Bussamove posted:

Criminalized cum

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Certainly is the spice of life.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

OldSenileGuy posted:

Huh, this article is also the first I've heard of Hayden coming back as Anakin for the Ashoka show. I knew he was coming back for Kenobi, but not this one.

It's gonna be as a Force Ghost, so I'm guessing it's not a huge part.

I'm thinking also flashbacks like they are totally gonna do in kenobi

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ralph Hurley posted:

Boba Fett season 2's main villain: Guy Fieri as the mayor of flavor town espa

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Finally got around to watching the finale. Pure Star Wars cheese and I loved it. A bit weak at times with the set up to get the characters into place for the action set pieces but who cares. We got to see a Rancor go hulk smash through a city and y’all wanna complain it was a boring dumb episode. Oh well can’t wait for Ahsoka and all the hate that’s gonna come with that too.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I mean if it’s as poorly directed as some of these episodes maybe??

Kudos to you for being easy to please and seeing your action figures smushed together being all it takes to make a good show. We’ve seen the highs that can be achieved and dragging this poo poo down to that level is frustrating.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Star Wars has always been action figures smashing together since day 1 and it’s never gonna change.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Clone Wars and Rebels would like to have a word with you. Add Bad Batch to that now too.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

FogHelmut posted:

I really hope Ahsoka and Obi Wan shows are their own shows and not additional seasons of The Mandalorian.

Ahsoka is going to be set in the same time period as Mandalorian and BoBF (5-years after Endor), so Mando showing up will be a possibility. Obi-Wan is set somewhere in the gap between Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi (I don’t recall if they specified when in that 20~ years exactly), so I doubt Mando will show up there.

FogHelmut posted:

Atlanta but Cloud City would be great.

Community but Cloud City.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Bismuth posted:

who watched Solo?

I’m gonna make a bold claim and say most people in this thread.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

fartknocker posted:

Ahsoka is going to be set in the same time period as Mandalorian and BoBF (5-years after Endor), so Mando showing up will be a possibility. Obi-Wan is set somewhere in the gap between Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi (I don’t recall if they specified when in that 20~ years exactly), so I doubt Mando will show up there.

I believe I've read multiple times it's fifteen years after RotS.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Anita Dickinme posted:

If so, that’d be almost the same time as Rebels.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Anita Dickinme posted:

So all that setup of her story in Mando/BoBF was for nothing?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

stev posted:

So all that setup of her story in Mando/BoBF was for nothing?

Anita was talking about Kenobi being apparently 15-years after Revenge of the Sith (Or about 5 years before A New Hope, and at about the same time as Rebels). Ahsoka is going to be in the same 5~ years after Endor frame as Mandalorian/Book of Boba Fett.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yeah, the intent with Mando, Fett, Ahsoka, and originally Rangers of the New Republic was to have them all as part of an intertwined story that would eventually end in a big crossover finale event. Possibly something to do with the First Order, given the hint that Gideon was using Grogu’s blood to make the clone bodies for Snoke/Palpatine.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Vintersorg posted:

I mean if it’s as poorly directed as some of these episodes maybe??

Kudos to you for being easy to please and seeing your action figures smushed together being all it takes to make a good show. We’ve seen the highs that can be achieved and dragging this poo poo down to that level is frustrating.

Goddamn. Put to words better than I ever could.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

Star Wars has always been action figures smashing together since day 1 and it’s never gonna change.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
We actually have a fairly good accounting of Ashoka between RotS and Mando (well minus a couple year gap where she got yanked through time). It was implied at the end of Rebels, which would be right after Endor and line up with her actions on Mando/BoBF that she is currently on a quest to find Ezra Bridger, which I assuming given other casting news is what that show will actually be about.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just got reminded there's a Safdie brother on Obi Wan - I hope to hell he or is brother get to direct 1 episode.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

crossing my fingers the big event is a thrawn trilogy adaption

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

ahsoka show is a perfect time to introduce Mara Jade as a rival, I'm just saying

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mandrel posted:

This is exactly absolutely what needs to happen and I hope with Ahoska asking about Thrawn this is where it’s going.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, the intent with Mando, Fett, Ahsoka, and originally Rangers of the New Republic was to have them all as part of an intertwined story that would eventually end in a big crossover finale event. Possibly something to do with the First Order, given the hint that Gideon was using Grogu’s blood to make the clone bodies for Snoke/Palpatine.

I really do not have the energy for all of this.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Mandrel posted:

ahsoka show is a perfect time to introduce Mara Jade as a rival, I'm just saying

yes

a rival for her affection

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Live action Ezra plz.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Having just recently finished Clone Wars, I wish there were some way to have Trench in live action. Big ol' cyberspider. Fuckin' awesome.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mandrel posted:

Sorry, you're getting The Crystal Star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

swickles posted:

We actually have a fairly good accounting of Ashoka between RotS and Mando (well minus a couple year gap where she got yanked through time). It was implied at the end of Rebels, which would be right after Endor and line up with her actions on Mando/BoBF that she is currently on a quest to find Ezra Bridger, which I assuming given other casting news is what that show will actually be about.
I can't wait for the reaction to purrgils from people who have watched all of the live-action shows and movies but not the cartoons. Rebels got so weird, and they're going to have to jump right into the deep end of its weirdness in establishing Ahsoka's main motivation for her series.