Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Hooked up the Motorola MA1 - wireless Android Auto adapter. Getting an occasional skip, need to look into that. Maybe because I buried it in the dash instead of near where my phone usually is. :doh:

2011-2015 Kia Optima auto dimming mirror with Homelink and compass - found out from Slickdeals a few weeks ago that Kia discontinued them and dropped the price down to $10-15 (depending on source). I ordered two (one from Kia.Parts, the other from Tasca), but only got one (from Tasca - Kia.Parts refunded the other). A lot of people on Slickdeals got greedy and tried to order several, none of those people got their orders from what I could see. Supposedly there were only ~300 of these available nationwide, and over 800 orders came in to just Tasca.

The car recoiled in horror at having Kia parts installed (even though it's the same Gentex mirror Ford used, with a different plug). Throwing P0132 (O2 B1S1 high voltage). Compared both upstream sensors in Torque, both are switching, though bank 1 looks like it may be a bit lazy. I ran it through a car wash with an undercarriage spray about 5 minutes before it popped this code, I'm hoping maybe the connector got some water in it.... wishful thinking probably.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Replaced drain valve on 7.3 fuel bowl, no more diesel leak.

Replaced wastegate solenoid & hoses, no more boost leak and no code.

Attempted to replace EBP tube but the adapter at the manifold was so crusty the flare nut tore the threads off the tube side of the adapter. At least it came out of the manifold I guess.

Was going to rebuild the drivers side stub shaft in front on this beautiful 35 degree day but my inner knuckle vacuum seal got lost in the mail.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Last few weekends on the C10:

Installed new front suspension with tubular control arms.
New spindles, rotors, calipers. Spindles have a 2” drop
Removed the after market front fender as it was bananad at one end so the door was catching a put a GM original one I had on.
Aligned the fender and door, still needs to go to a body shop for the front frame horns to get them pulled back for the bumper and will get the door put on better while it is there.
Carb was bogging when going WoT from anywhere in the range so adjusted the accelerator pump as it wasn’t opening at all which was why.
Replaced the throttle cable as the stop on the old one had come off so it wasn’t opening all the way from the pedal.
Replaced the sticking needle and seats as that wasn’t helping either.
Put on the black steel wheels as the cragars don’t fit over the new control arms and drop spindles.
Replaced the spark plugs, these were in so tight two broke getting them out.
Fresh oil and filter, as soon as it started up after it smoked for a while because the old oil likely was cheap mineral oil which is as expected for whoever did the work on this. Enough knowledge to bodge stuff but no idea how to make anything not Roadkill levels of reliable.

Now runs, drives, stops and will even not fall over and stall when you floor it.

List of stuff to do:

Get the badly made exhaust redone so it isn’t 3 inches below the frame.
Fix remaining interior items that are missing.
Front frame pulled back to be able to mount the bumper and align door correctly.
Maybe get the replacement fender painted match
New aftermarket heat/ac since the factory stuff is just blowing fuses even after replacing all the relays, switches and motor.

Registered for Power Tour in June and this is the backup vehicle if the Pontiac isn’t running. Would rather take the comfy luxury boat but it has to be back together.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
I did a silly thing and bought the ratty rear end '65 Dodge Dart GT I mentioned in the Stupid Questions thread a while back. Slipping gearbox, engine that hasn't run in 20 years and mouldy interior with broken front seats. Pretty cheap for what it is and in comparison to what classic US cars go for here, but nothing like the $500 stuff you can find in the US. "Barnfind" in the sense that dude that sold me it got it and another old US classic off an old guy who had the GT stored in his garage since '99 after the transmission started slipping. Needs re-registering, but seller has documents for it, so shouldn't be a problem.

Here's a picture of the shitheap from when I looked at it:

Got it delivered earlier today, but haven't had time to look at it more than when I went to see it. Spent ages looking, feeling and tapping on the frame for signs of rust. Frame seems solid. The body has obvious rot on the rear right bottom corner, but otherwise nothing that I can find besides bondo around the rear wheelhouses (no surprise really). Obviously repainted in what appears to be matte black. Rims and tyres are new. Has most of the trim that isn't badges, and the trunk had what looks to be missing front and rear trim (and some extras). Some are damaged though, so I'll see what I can do about it.

First priority is getting the majority of dirt off it, deep clean the interior and then take inventory of what's missing and make a plan for what to do. I'm thinking getting the engine running so I know it works decently and so I can confirm what the problem with the gearbox is. Also would be nice to be able to move it so I don't have to push it. Another obvious top priority is fixing at least the driver side seat as the foam is missing from the seat base.

I'll probably work on this inbetween other things that needs doing, but I'm going to try to get it running, registered and inspected ASAP. All the cosmetic stuff etc can come after that.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

PBCrunch posted:

The cupholders in my pickup suck. They don't hold my Amazon Yetty (fake Yeti) cup and they block the HVAC controls when pulled out. They also do a bad job of holding my phone. So I started making a replacement unit.

The 12mm Baltic Birch plywood material and the box joint joinery are both ludicrous overkill for the application, but that is just how I do things. I used my shop-built box joint jig to make this structure:

The perimeter shown above was then attached to a base also made of plywood. The back of the base extends about 3" past the edges of the cupholder box and wedges nicely under the bottom of the front seat. The cupholder is cradled within a notch cut out of the seat for the shifter.

I knew from the outset that the movement of the shift lever was going to be an issue, but it turned out to be more of a problem than I had originally anticipated. Everything is fine in first, third, and fifth gear:

But we have design issues in second, fourth, and reverse. I guess that is why Toyota didn't put a cupholder there.

My wife hates the truck and won't ride in it with me. When our daughter takes short rides to daycare or the hardware store with me in the truck she has her own cupholders on her booster seat. So the solution the shifter problem is to reposition my tall cup when necessary. Or drink from shorter cups. Or just live my life in 1st, 3rd, and 5th. Backing up is admitting you made a mistake in the first place! Yee-haw!

Here it is with the first coat of truck bed coating on it for grip and water protection. It has to dry inside because the temperature at 8 AM was -1* FreedomUnits.

Why don't you just buy or build one of the little armrest/cupholder things that sits on the seat?
Like these: https://www.cupholdersplus.com/bench-seat-consoles.html

fake edit: nvm - looks like yours works well enough!

BigPaddy posted:

New aftermarket heat/ac since the factory stuff is just blowing fuses even after replacing all the relays, switches and motor.

That says to me you have a pinch wire or other short somewhere.

MrOnBicycle posted:

I did a silly thing and bought the ratty rear end '65 Dodge Dart GT I mentioned in the Stupid Questions thread a while back. Slipping gearbox, engine that hasn't run in 20 years and mouldy interior with broken front seats. Pretty cheap for what it is and in comparison to what classic US cars go for here, but nothing like the $500 stuff you can find in the US. "Barnfind" in the sense that dude that sold me it got it and another old US classic off an old guy who had the GT stored in his garage since '99 after the transmission started slipping. Needs re-registering, but seller has documents for it, so shouldn't be a problem.

Got it delivered earlier today, but haven't had time to look at it more than when I went to see it. Spent ages looking, feeling and tapping on the frame for signs of rust. Frame seems solid. The body has obvious rot on the rear right bottom corner, but otherwise nothing that I can find besides bondo around the rear wheelhouses (no surprise really). Obviously repainted in what appears to be matte black. Rims and tyres are new. Has most of the trim that isn't badges, and the trunk had what looks to be missing front and rear trim (and some extras). Some are damaged though, so I'll see what I can do about it.

First priority is getting the majority of dirt off it, deep clean the interior and then take inventory of what's missing and make a plan for what to do. I'm thinking getting the engine running so I know it works decently and so I can confirm what the problem with the gearbox is. Also would be nice to be able to move it so I don't have to push it. Another obvious top priority is fixing at least the driver side seat as the foam is missing from the seat base.

I'll probably work on this inbetween other things that needs doing, but I'm going to try to get it running, registered and inspected ASAP. All the cosmetic stuff etc can come after that.

So, I don't know how much you know about old Chrysler products, but beware - that most likely has left hand threads on the lug nuts on the left side. Nice ride, though. Those year Chrysler products are pretty neat looking.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

MrOnBicycle posted:

Nice, welcome to the life of a V8 swede. Now let me tell you about "the Mopar tax". I have a 72 Plymouth and a 72 Chevy and the difference in prices for parts is sometimes bordering on the absurd.

Does it still have a 273 in there?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

MrOnBicycle posted:

i dont think that would be a $500 car here, either. probably a couple grand, actually more now since covid blew up all prices

i like the slotted mags. post more pics when you get into it!

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Darchangel posted:

So, I don't know how much you know about old Chrysler products, but beware - that most likely has left hand threads on the lug nuts on the left side. Nice ride, though. Those year Chrysler products are pretty neat looking.

Thanks!

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Nice, welcome to the life of a V8 swede. Now let me tell you about "the Mopar tax". I have a 72 Plymouth and a 72 Chevy and the difference in prices for parts is sometimes bordering on the absurd.

Does it still have a 273 in there?

Thanks! It has a 360 in it apparently, and should be mated witha 727. I’ve found that prices for US cars in Sweden are generally disgusting. When I have needed stuff for my S10 I’ve found that I could just buy a ton of stuff from the US for the same price as one or two things would have cost buying from here in Sweden (looking at you Hansen Racing).
What kind of parts are the worst when it comes to the “Mopar tax”?
I’m also lucky that I have a father-in-law that has had Mopar stuff all his life (Daily drives a Checker taxi right now lol) so he knows where to get stuff and people that can fix stuff. The oldest car I’ve ever had / worked on / driven is my ‘98 S10.

From what I can tell, parts-wise, is that the interior needs a deep clean, but most of the parts are there. The front seats needs fixing and redoing, which is going to be expensive. I would love to do as much as possible myself though. Back seat looked in good condition. The dashboard is missing the radio, but seems complete otherwise.

With this car Ïm going to try to bite off small pieces and do a proper to do list. I have a tendency to get sucked into the black hole that is renovation otherwise and end up either taking too much apart or jumping between things (which ends up with too much stuff apart).

Edit:
Managed to miss this:

Raluek posted:

i dont think that would be a $500 car here, either. probably a couple grand, actually more now since covid blew up all prices

i like the slotted mags. post more pics when you get into it!

Yeah probably. I like the slotted mags as well (perhaps not the yellow colour in them, but it'll probably grow on me). I'm looking forward to getting into it, and this time I've promised myself I'll take tons of pictures so I don't have to resort to finding YouTube videos and going frame by frame zooming in to see how something goes back together...
Found a digital copy of the workshop manual for a 1966 Dart, which hopefully is close enough on most stuff. Also found a parts catalogue that I'm hoping can give some guidance on interchangeable parts between the different Mopar cars.

MrOnBicycle fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Feb 8, 2022

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

New stereo time!

Atoto F7 Pro 8" floating display with CarPlay. I added a wireless CarPlay adapter, and a rearview (720p!) camera.
So far, it's working well. No issues connecting the wireless CarPlay. It seems responsive, on par with the Alpine in my wife's Outback as far as that goes. Sounds fine to my ears.
Only complaint so far is that the way the removable screen attaches is annoying with the overhang my dash has, and they left those mounting bits unpainted, despite the screen floating a fair distance from the chassis:

I fixed that:

You know that adage about 1 stuck bolt turning a 15 minute job into an ordeal? Well, this wasn't a 15 minute job, but this damned thig did it's best to add to the total:

The nut seized at the top, for whatever reason, then the impact then ripped the splines off of the stud, so I had to get in there with a reciprocating saw, while attempting to hold it steady with a socket and extension and my third hand that I don't have. Pain in the butt.
I'll have to find a M12 9.8 or better bolt and nut to replace it with.
Man, all I needed was to move the rear seatback out enough to run the camera cable.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Darchangel posted:

New stereo time!

Atoto F7 Pro 8" floating display with CarPlay. I added a wireless CarPlay adapter, and a rearview (720p!) camera.
So far, it's working well. No issues connecting the wireless CarPlay. It seems responsive, on par with the Alpine in my wife's Outback as far as that goes. Sounds fine to my ears.
Only complaint so far is that the way the removable screen attaches is annoying with the overhang my dash has, and they left those mounting bits unpainted, despite the screen floating a fair distance from the chassis:

I fixed that:

Yeah that's the unit I had before I decided to get the bigger unit, it doesn't have that wonky bracket.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

EvilBeard posted:

Went out and finished up the vac lines and the fuel line on the supercharger project. I also put a 90 elbow in a coolant line because it wanted to kink where I had to reroute it around the supercharger. Got the fittings for the boost gauge and put it in the vac lines. Fired it up, and I have no boost. I started checking the BOV and it's staying open even when I throttle up. I hooked my air compressor to it and put 10 psi to it. It stayed closed, but I still built no boost. I tested the boost gauge by blowing into it, so I know that works. I guess I either have a boost leak or my supercharger isn't making boost. Going to dig into it further in the morning. I did get the intake cover and coil covers back on.

You figure this out? I doubt you could get that routed wrong and spin the blower the wrong way. How hard were you spinning this thing to see no boost? BOV should stay closed all the time, and would run like poo poo if it was open I'd think.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Mr-Spain posted:

You figure this out? I doubt you could get that routed wrong and spin the blower the wrong way. How hard were you spinning this thing to see no boost? BOV should stay closed all the time, and would run like poo poo if it was open I'd think.

I double checked everything, and it still built no boost. I ran it all the way to redline. Tried both a gentle climb and a major stab. The manufacturer says that with no load, I won't really build boost. Says that on the ground with load on the engine, it'll build boost in the manifold. Hoping to get the body kit installed Saturday, and get the front wheels back on it so I can give it a go. That at letting the snow melt enough for me to get it to pavement.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Feb 10, 2022

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Did first bit of work on the -65 Dart GT shitheap, which meant cleaning the worst of the moldy and previously infested interior. Been stored inside for 20 years but I suspect that after the guy who I later bought it off got it, it's been sitting outside which explains at least some of the mold. Anyway, this was the starting point:

Wasn't too bad actually. I put some penetrating fluid on the seat bolts an hours before and they came out with no problem. Of course most of the door card hardware was mismatched or missing, and the door cars themselves are ruined. I doubt they are original, and using the existing ones as templates it seems a very simple job to make new ones. I noticed that all the arm rests are missing, so probably something I should source. I also took the time to clean out the doors and give them a substantial amount of Bilt Hamber Dynax anti-corrosion fluid along the bottom and the seams, but all in all the doors were pretty rust free.

The front seats were screwed though, and it's gonna cost me (based of some quick googling...) unless I find some other solution. Other than that no big stuff as far as rust goes. Some badly finished patches on the floor, but then again the car is 5 years younger than my mom and still has less rust than some modern cars...

I think the car was originally a column shift car and they swapped it when they swapped in a bigger V8? Because this is OEM quality work lmao:

I bought some Bilt Hamber Epoxy mastic for my S10 pickup, but never used it. It's similar to POR-15 in its use area, so I'm thinking I might just wire-wheel the whole floor and treat it while I'm at it. That will also uncover any hidden rust and prepare it for a new carpet (not reusing the 3 parts old one with mouse piss and maggots).

Also have to decide if I need to do anything about the not so pretty welding job securing the stick shift (seems solid, but need to check again) or leave "well enough" alone (loosely used term...)

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Start a thread you jerk.

You're not a jerk. Please supply us with more mid 60s Mopar goodness.

Boaz MacPhereson fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 10, 2022

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Start a thread you jerk.

You're not a jerk. Please supply us with more mid 60s Mopar goodness.

I was afraid of this. I guess I need to make a thread that will do dead after 3 posts (I'm hoping to get this heap of poo poo driveable by summer lmao)!.

MrOnBicycle fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 10, 2022

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Starting a thread and depriving your silent readers of content is the AI way.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Which summer? This summer? Lmao

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

StormDrain posted:

This is the way.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
yeah no way those welds are original. looks like the whole top of the tunnel has been off of it

if the seat frames are still in ok shape, you should be able to get them rebuilt locally a lot cheaper than buying replacements online. i was quoted $400 to redo a bench seat, so probably around the same ballpark for a pair of buckets?

also adding my +1 onto the pile for a new thread. i was never really into mopars, but they've been growing on me in the last couple years

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Today I sold all the Honcho's original engine parts I had left and put two new to me tires on the back of the Comanche. It's going to be weird not having to fill the rear right tire every 3 to 30 days depending on luck and phase of the moon.

Mr-Spain posted:

Something an incredible number of people don't realize, so don't feel bad if you were on this list, I was too until a few years ago:
All the grooved pulleys turn the same direction as the crank if it's a grooved harmonic balancer. (Most are)
All the smooth pulleys turn the other direction.

This is a universal fact, unless you route the belt so incorrectly that you have the smooth side of the belt on a grooved pulley or vise versa, or have twists in the belt or something.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3993256

Thread started!

Mustache Ride posted:

Which summer? This summer? Lmao

Also, this. Ask my wife about my time optimism.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

StormDrain posted:

I feel personally attacked.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

kastein posted:

Something an incredible number of people don't realize, so don't feel bad if you were on this list, I was too until a few years ago:
All the grooved pulleys turn the same direction as the crank if it's a grooved harmonic balancer. (Most are)

This is a universal fact, unless you route the belt so incorrectly that you have the smooth side of the belt on a grooved pulley or vise versa, or have twists in the belt or something.

Though as I discovered, it is possible on some cars to route the belt just incorrectly enough that everything turns the right direction but you don't have enough wrap and you're wondering why it seems to be a bit light on belt tension :downsrim:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

Yeah that's the unit I had before I decided to get the bigger unit, it doesn't have that wonky bracket.

Unfortunately, I couldn't make the 10" fit without blocking stuff.
So far it's been pretty good. I've had an intermittent issue of it blanking the screen in CarPlay. Music continues to play, and if you know where to press, the touchscreen is working. Hitting the hardware "home" button, then going back to CarPlay brings it back. No idea if it does it in other modes - I don't use them so far. Not fatal- just annoying. It was fine to and from work on Wednesday, then did it 4-5 times today (Friday.)
I just installed a firmware update at lunch. We'll see if that fixes it. By the numbers, it was several versions newer.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

StormDrain posted:

I just post whatever I happen to be doing to whichever car, car-related, and car-adjacent stuff (the house is car-adjacent right? I mean, the garage is attached!)

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Got the drat thing reassembled finally

Thank jesus the head was MASSIVELY easier to clean than the manifold. Got it right in an hour, maybe less.

Got a fancy new Skunk2 insulating gasket :madmax:

Hm. Two other bolts hold the fuel rail on. Hopefully not an issue

Got it all reassembled and it turned over fine but no love. I couldn't hear the fuel pump so I checked the connector and...no juice. gently caress

Got some lunch and thought about it. Then i looked into the center console and sure as poo poo, there was a 15A fuse for the pump, still out

https://i.imgur.com/a3vWEri.mp4 (click for video, has sound)

Runs really smooth considering how long it's sat. Only issue is a leak at the top of the throttle body, I think it's at the MAP sensor. Odd because I didn't gently caress with that but who knows. Old cars don't cotton to having parts moved around. Might just be an o-ring that crumbled while it was out. Tomorrow.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

kastein posted:

How in the hell did I never know/notice this before?

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Got the body kit installed. Ready to drop it down and give it a shakedown. Just waiting on the weather.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

I'll make a thread once the kpower kit gets here, no point until then

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

BlackMK4 posted:

:five:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

BlackMK4 posted:

You are a madman and I'm all for it

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

This loving radiator would not let go of his condenser buddy.

The plastic gave up before the clip:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

BlackMK4 posted:

I'll take "pictures that made me wish I had an address outside of Maricopa county for $1000", Alex.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

BlackMK4 posted:

For the knuckledraggers in the room, whazzis?

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

MrYenko posted:

For the knuckledraggers in the room, whazzis?

He's about to put a Honda engine in a Subaru BRZ track car.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I remember all the hype about the GT86/BRZ and how the aftermarket was going to support the engine. Had a guy at an old job who put in an electric supercharger on one and didn’t understand why I was laughing at him.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

honda whisperer posted:

He's about to put a Honda engine in a Subaru BRZ track car.

So it’ll actually be able to get out of its own way now?

Nice!

Which flavor Honda is it? I know them by reputation, just not by sight.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

K series of some kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

BigPaddy posted:

I remember all the hype about the GT86/BRZ and how the aftermarket was going to support the engine. Had a guy at an old job who put in an electric supercharger on one and didn’t understand why I was laughing at him.

this made me remember during the height of :rice: you could buy little 12v computer fans to stick in the intake being sold as electric superchargers, lol.