Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

FCKGW posted:

Didn’t care for the cinnamon butter loaf. Have one uneaten loaf and it may end up in the trash if it’s not eaten in the next couple days.

Turn it into cinnamon butter croutons and put it in yogurt or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Heretical. Try it warm, 20 seconds in the microwave.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Hutla posted:

It’s most likely a UPS thing. I’m sure if you complain that Costco will apologize or throw you a gift card, but shipping times are up everywhere and are more unpredictable in the small home deliveries area. I would suggest that you allow way more time for shipping literally anything and if it’s a need-it-now situation, go to a physical store and buy it in person.

Edit: Costco and other DCs don’t bring their packages to carriers, the carriers pick up from them. Sometimes you just don’t get allocated a truck even if one was scheduled. People call off, the driver is over their allowed drive time, yesterday’s loads roll over into today, that truck’s previous unload took longer than allotted and then they can’t make it to the new shipper during their open hours. Logistics is a never ending game of jenga that occasionally crashes in spectacular fashion.

Yeah, I work for a shipping/logistics company so I know how these things work right now but if the package isn't even going to picked up by the carrier until 4 days later then don't advertise next day shipping :shrug:

This is an item not sold in stores

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
Does your Costco sell 50lb bags of flour? Because mine doesn’t and I was surprised and disappointed.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My Costco sells 5 gallon buckets of soy sauce.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

bird with big dick posted:

My Costco sells 5 gallon buckets of soy sauce.

gently caress I want to dunk my head in this

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I have seen 10 gallon tins of nacho cheese there.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

BigPaddy posted:

I have seen 10 gallon tins of nacho cheese there.

I really want to hold a big loving party some day so I can justify buying a school cafeteria sized can of nacho cheese. Every time I see those I'm tempted.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Silver Nitrate posted:

Does your Costco sell 50lb bags of flour? Because mine doesn’t and I was surprised and disappointed.

Hit up a Costco Business Center bro.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Silver Nitrate posted:

Sometimes, but usually just the 25 pounders.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

redreader posted:

I loving love the beef and sausage lasagne but I've only ever done it in the oven. What are the other good premade frozen meals? I'm a dad and I cook, but some nights I just want to put a ready meal in the oven.

We recently had our first kid so cooking was not really a priority for us and we ran through most of our Stco's premade options.

Winners:
-Lemongrass chicken
-Chicken Tika Masala
-Pot roast

Losers:
-Pulled pork

Good but too expensive:
-Pre cooked & sliced sirloin steaks
-Brisket burnt ends

We also tried the ravioli but I don't remember having any opinion on it whatsoever. It was just food to put in my belly.

Oh, most of the side dishes we tried were good too. Mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, etc. Realizing now you specified frozen meals but whatever, these are my unasked for opinions.

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Feb 13, 2022

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

The meatloaf is pretty good.

The chicken tacos aren't bad, but are sort of just alright. Nice enough for a quick meal for the kids when needed

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Went to church this morning- I was a little worried it'd be packed with Super Bowl shoppers but it wasn't too bad.

But when I was picking up my cart, I saw this truly cursed image:

What kind of monster just does that? Throwing away a perfectly good $1.50 (minus drink and refill) hot dog? It shook me, I tell you

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
People can forget. One time a lady left a super nice bottle of balsamic vinegar in her cart and drove away, not realizing. Anyways, that's the story of how my family came into its generational wealth.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Douche4Sale posted:

The meatloaf is pretty good.

Agreed. It comes with mashers too!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Inspector 34 posted:

-Chicken Tika Masala

I have this waiting in my fridge. Sukhis is good.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Taima posted:

People can forget. One time a lady left a super nice bottle of balsamic vinegar in her cart and drove away, not realizing. Anyways, that's the story of how my family came into its generational wealth.

Mashallah

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Chinatown posted:

Sukhis nuts

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

I've always wanted to get that but the calorie count is really high.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Being loaded with calories is what makes a good curry good.

I've done identical recipes with ghee vs vegetable oil and holy poo poo always do the full fat curry recipe

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I actually got a rice cooker today (well, ordered it) because I've noticed I used to make a lot of rice but due to altitude in the new place, all the brown rice I have doesn't cook properly any more. That and the costco curries that I have and don't want to eat until I can make proper rice with them.

The other thing I like with rice is just those trader joe's marinated meatses. I realised how much not having a rice cooker was holding me back so yeah, hopefully it works well.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rice cookers are amazing and will last like fuckin forever.

I’d probably recommend getting one with a stainless steel tub because the Teflon ones seem to wear out faster.

You’ve already ordered it already so it’s not a huge deal just something to think about for the future maybe.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

norp posted:

Being loaded with calories is what makes a good curry good.

I've done identical recipes with ghee vs vegetable oil and holy poo poo always do the full fat curry recipe

Ghee is definitely more flavorful than canola oil, but they're both "full-fat" as in they are 100 percent made of fat. The science is apparently out on whether polyunsaturated or saturated fats are worse (depending on who you ask) but both have any non-fat portions completely excised.

Also curry is good because of the spices, imo. I would never think lentils were edible unless I had tried them fully flavored with tadka, chilies, et al

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Chinatown posted:

Yup, my wife and I like this.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I just got the Wirecutter budget pick, because the rest were over 200. If it becomes a fixture I can upgrade later.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Chinatown posted:

Those are great. I can unfortunately eat an entire bag + rice in one sitting though.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Hello thread I joined Costco yesterday. Did the executive membership since spending $3k at Costco should be easy with a kid on the way in a couple months. Does anyone use the credit card?

We got a ninja foodi which is a pretty amazing machine that bakes, broils, steams, pressure cooks, air fries, slow cooks, sous vides, and probably other stuff on sale for like $110 that my wife is very happy with.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I exchanged my SKULLCANDY GRIND FUEL BUDS yesterday, Church was surprisingly not jam packed and I was able to get in out and quicker than usual. Mostly due to not having a cart

Anywho, I'm probably going to keep these earbuds. The case isn't a giant round pill shape, they have built in Tile tracking and they were only like $10 more than replacement Mpow earbuds would cost me now. If you're looking for a good cheap(ish) set of wireless earbuds you won't mind destroying or losing, these are a pretty dang good option. Gonna invest in some nicer ones later this year I think

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

The Bramble posted:

Does anyone use the credit card?

I do. 4% on gas and 3% on restaurants (I think?) is pretty good. I also use it at CostCo. There was a Wirecutter article saying not to for min-maxing reasons but it’s my only Visa so whatever.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

david_a posted:

I do. 4% on gas and 3% on restaurants (I think?) is pretty good. I also use it at CostCo. There was a Wirecutter article saying not to for min-maxing reasons but it’s my only Visa so whatever.

Yeah, it's my only credit card because beyond internet shopping, gas and restaurants (which includes bars, breweries, wineries, etc from what I've seen) typically make up a big portion of my spending, so it works for me. I don't need one of the travel cards because I'm a total goon about travelling

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

The Bramble posted:

Hello thread I joined Costco yesterday. Did the executive membership since spending $3k at Costco should be easy with a kid on the way in a couple months. Does anyone use the credit card?

We got a ninja foodi which is a pretty amazing machine that bakes, broils, steams, pressure cooks, air fries, slow cooks, sous vides, and probably other stuff on sale for like $110 that my wife is very happy with.

Hi this is a great thread and genuinely full of wonderful advice about Costco.
I recommend going back maybe 50 pages and reading them all.
Costco is somewhere I feel so good about shopping because from what I understand they treat their employees decently compared to almost everywhere else retail in the United States.
The other thing is their return policy is so generous that you can buy things and if you really don't like it or if something really is wrong with it you're going be able to take it back without a big hassle and you know you're going to be going back to Costco so it's also convenient.

The downside is you might get fat.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I like the credit card because every time I am paying out my rear end in a top hat for gasoline I am saying to myself "but 4% CASH BACK baybeee" as I do a rolling burnout out of the station. :haibrow:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I just get a lighter up the the gas nozzle and make sick flamethrowers at the Priuses in the lane next to me while shouting “FOUR PERCENT BACK BABY”

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

My wife and I did wait in line for the first time in either of our lives for gas at Costco after our first shopping trip yesterday. It was $0.25/gal less than our usual spot here in MA so it was all good and she some of her bag of chocolate pretzels while we sat there. Some foolish man had to park his car at the pump we were waiting for while he figured something out with the attendant for like 10 minutes. I'm glad we had snacks.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

we bought the stuffed salmon from the premade deli section last time. they come four to a package with like a fake crab/generic seafood stuffing. they were really good and great for a fast minimal effort meal, but they're pretty pricey to do often.

got a 2-pound bag of green beans to cook up with them and made some lemon and dill orzo

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Sam's Club splashed out on a Superbowl ad to show off their scanner app that lets you bypass the checkout lines. That's the one thing they have over Costco and I dearly wish we could get it.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Made some rice (from Costco) put some 505 green chili's in it (from Costco) and some cheese (from Costco)

Good lunch pbuc

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Enos Cabell posted:

Sam's Club splashed out on a Superbowl ad to show off their scanner app that lets you bypass the checkout lines. That's the one thing they have over Costco and I dearly wish we could get it.

If it's anything like the WalMart app, no, you really really don't.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Took my kid to the co Saturday night. First non-neighborhood store ever. She had a blast riding in the big cart and thought it was amazing that you could buy (“so many”) food, windshield wipers, and a couch in the same place. Me too, kid, me too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Cyrano4747 posted:

If it's anything like the WalMart app, no, you really really don't.

It’s a great app, scan everything in your cart to pay, and scan again on the way out the door.