Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

isn't impersonating a police officer a crime?

violations of the law are only crimes if the police don't like you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I was apart of a civilian review board for a local police department and at one meeting I pointed out they didn't need to engage with every single thing they saw and the cops said they can't just pick which laws to enforce and I just laughed and laughed

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

A Bakers Cousin posted:

I was apart of a civilian review board for a local police department and at one meeting I pointed out they didn't need to engage with every single thing they saw and the cops said they can't just pick which laws to enforce and I just laughed and laughed

lol what transparent bullshit on the part of those cops

anyhow, this warms my black little heart a bit:

https://twitter.com/TheSKLaSalle/status/1492887650402979844?s=20&t=Mxq39Dc0nKtMALkPN7Py7g

https://twitter.com/DylanPenner/status/1492605618338861056?s=20&t=Mxq39Dc0nKtMALkPN7Py7g

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Dreylad posted:

Ottawa is a sleepy bureaucrat town and I honestly think that - setting aside the politicization of the police force and how they might view these particular protestors - they were just unprepared for what was coming. Most of the time with big celebrations that require crowd control, or normal protests that happen that tend to be organized in advance and have a clear schedule they can easily allocate whatever resources they need well in advance and they just had no clue what was going to go down even though this protest was also pretty visible and announced in advance. Maybe they thought it was going to be another wet fart like the yellow vest protest which was a few hundred people at most, I don't know. I don't recall Ottawa police having to do a ton of unplanned crowd control in the last decade, anyway.

I do expect a lot of protestors to end up with thousands if not tens of thousands in fines because Ottawa is also narc town central.
yeah I am willing to give them a limited benefit of the doubt in the initial failure. people compare this to the Toronto G20 but the authorities had clearly put many months of planning and preparation into that one including full integration of various police and security departments and they had bussed in hundreds of pigs from other cities to support their efforts on the ground

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Chamale posted:

Chen Weihau, please help

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
who's this guy on stage in ottawa that sounds vaguely british and is saying that border crossings were blocked coast to coast lol

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

ilmucche posted:

who's this guy on stage in ottawa that sounds vaguely british and is saying that border crossings were blocked coast to coast lol

he also said the vaccines don't work and covid isn't real and that the vaccines kill people so......

afaik he's some disgraced pathologist

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
it's true, I got three vaccines and now I am dead

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Juul-Whip posted:

yeah I am willing to give them a limited benefit of the doubt in the initial failure. people compare this to the Toronto G20 but the authorities had clearly put many months of planning and preparation into that one including full integration of various police and security departments and they had bussed in hundreds of pigs from other cities to support their efforts on the ground

Yeah it really sucks for the cops that they had no advance warning of this whatsoever and couldn't plan any kind of response beforehand.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

they had an rcmp officer in the parade uniform on stage earlier who was imploring police to switch sides :waycool:

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

skewetoo posted:

they had an rcmp officer in the parade uniform on stage earlier who was imploring police to switch sides :waycool:

looking forward to the rump Liberal State of Canada being ruled from Iqaluit

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
challenge coins lol

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/DavidWCochrane/status/1492960386987048961?s=20&t=ydUDSwfhnF_d3DO3R0JNqA

Top quality stuff

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Ah. The ol conditional surrender I see

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

vyelkin posted:

I loving wish I were dead

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

I loving wish I were dead

You're going to start getting Amazon ads for nitrogen tanks and plant food now. Welcome to hellworld.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Juul-Whip posted:

The architect of the police response to the G20, Bill Blair, said today that he has no loving clue what the Ottawa police are doing. just a complete shitshow.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

lol what a loving quisling

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/peggy_blair/status/1492699955148038144

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
let-them-fight.gif

https://twitter.com/_llebrun/status/1492864258635452417?s=20

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Never underestimate Ezra's ability to piss everyone off

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

lol what the gently caress

this guy is clearly not going for re-election

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Dreylad posted:

The architect of the police response to the G20, Bill Blair, said today that he has no loving clue what the Ottawa police are doing. just a complete shitshow.

lol. if blair starts rolling up his sleeves, watch out.

vyelkin posted:

i got like two and a half. the third one wasn't even a full dose

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

infernal machines posted:

lol. if blair starts rolling up his sleeves, watch out.

Looks like that may be happening.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

skewetoo posted:

Never underestimate Ezra's ability to piss everyone off

the guy is a troll, but not just as a public persona.

it's frankly amazing he's survived this long

Dreylad posted:

Looks like that may be happening.

oh golly.

e: lmfao

no loving poo poo, huh?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

mediaphage posted:

lol what a loving quisling

Someone spraypainted an anti gay slur on his driveway a few months ago and he promised they’d be hunted to the ends of the earth so, lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i guess if the plan was to be absolutely useless for as long as it took for the feds to take charge, to dump this mess in their laps, mission accomplished.

now trudeau gets to be the one responsible for the cracked skulls via bill blair.

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Cold on a Cob posted:

this guy is clearly not going for re-election

yeah, he announced that a few months ago i think?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

It's like an unironic version of that Futurama bit about letting the murder bots kill until they hit their kill quota.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

It's like an unironic version of that Futurama bit about letting the murder bots kill until they hit their kill quota.

Or the traffic joke.

The police don't arrest anybody, there's too much crime.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

i am hoping that if someone can get some kind of force that is willing to confront the chuds they will go peacefully. right wingers are usually cowards when the gloves are actually thrown down and they can’t count on the police protecting them.

if Blair can get a force that will enforce the law I feel there will be very few skulls cracked

maybe that’s still some lingering wishful thinking but the bridge brigade seemed to back off easily enough once they saw a couple William Wallace’s hauled away.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
you can’t stop the deputized police force until you zip tie the first deputy

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Sorry, I gave this as much effort as it deserved.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
lol

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i hate to actually post this in case i'm right but here goes:

maybe i'm playing 9th dimensional chess here but watson capitulating might all be a clever ruse to get some of those trucks the gently caress out of downtown so they can more effectively deal with the protestors who will inevitably break the agreements and/or never give up in the first place

idk though, seems far fetched

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I feel like the cops would need to start upholding the letter of the law first before anyone tries to figure out how to minimize the damage the protestors would cause.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Cold on a Cob posted:

i hate to actually post this in case i'm right but here goes:

maybe i'm playing 9th dimensional chess here but watson capitulating might all be a clever ruse to get some of those trucks the gently caress out of downtown so they can more effectively deal with the protestors who will inevitably break the agreements and/or never give up in the first place

idk though, seems far fetched

otoh, you know what would be more directly and immediately effective at getting them out of downtown?

arresting them. they could to it too, just start at one end of the street and start making their way down to the other. "if we reach you and you're still here, you will be spending the night in jail and your vehicle will be impounded". i guarantee you they'd be leaving before OPS made it an entire block

this is not and has never been a logistical or even legal problem. this is entirely about OPS having the will to enforce their mandate. the minute they want these chucklefucks gone, they're gone

infernal machines has issued a correction as of 23:21 on Feb 13, 2022

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
anyone have an archive of the mou they pulled? i need it for my archive of all this

e: nevermind, found it: https://imgur.com/a/kkJ9ZNF

infernal machines posted:

otoh, you know what would be more directly and immediately effective at getting them out of downtown?

arresting them. they could to it too, just start at one end of the street and start making their way down to the other. "if we reach you and you're still here, you will be spending the night in jail and your vehicle will be impounded". i guarantee you they'd be leaving before OPS made it an entire block

this is not and has never been a logistical or even legal problem. this is entirely about OPS having the will to enforce their mandate. the minute they want these chucklefucks gone, they're gone

yeah but then they might encounter some resistance and have to hurt white people and can't have that apparently vOv

anyhow yeah i figure it's a stretch and it's probably just more about getting some relief for residents in the face of a useless and corrupt police force

Cold on a Cob has issued a correction as of 00:20 on Feb 14, 2022

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Gray_Mackenzie/status/1492993130337034242

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/iamSas/status/1492993227435266051

lol and lmao