Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

PostNouveau posted:

Nah it's this dude

nah u can backtrace my ip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I don't even watch anime or read manga anymore (for long rear end time, like the last one I watched was like in 2010) but how even the slightest mention of it turns some goons into frothing rage is just *chef kiss*

Speaking of anime, Jackass sounds pretty good, might watch it at the movie theatre and wait for Anime Vikings to save the movies again in April.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

ew dot com is right

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

I wish there were more good horror anime, I guess they don't make that many since it's hard to market waifus when you kill them off.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Stink Billyums posted:

I wish there were more good horror anime, I guess they don't make that many since it's hard to market waifus when you kill them off.

Some people go for the waifus getting killed because it gives them erotic violence elections.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Hey, which one of you ordered fresh ENDLESS THHRASSHHH from Ryan Reynolds?

https://youtu.be/6TJwFWVjOJU

It looks boring and bland but not as bad as musmouth and wraslinman moopie so I guess that's how low the bar is now.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Excited for the new Jordan Peele film. I liked Us more than most but it was a much much better trailer than film.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Galewolf posted:

It looks boring and bland but not as bad as musmouth and wraslinman moopie so I guess that's how low the bar is now.

wait the Hulk is Deadpool's dad????

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Moola posted:

wait the Hulk is Deadpool's dad????

Man, everything is possible after "Spiderman I Remember [Thing]"!!!!!!.

Can't blame Mark, Marvel's been keeping Hulk out of their slop bucket for some time now, man's gotta eat.

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

Galewolf posted:

This is the movies now. It will make Netflix millions and garner a few sequels. Be ready for "Ryan Reynolds in a 'Being John Malkovitch' reboot" coming this summer.

At least Thandie Newton is getting work?

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

That trailer has everything I FUKKEN LOVE in a movie:

-Ryan Reynolds
-An actually good actor looking tired and exasperated but cannot say no to the paycheck
-Annoying Stranger Things looking kid actor
-TIME TRAVEL WOO SO ORIGINAL
-A fuckin lazer sword
-Directed by the guy who directed Free Guy and Stranger Things (that explains the kid I guess)

Will make 700 million USD

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

What is Bird People in China please tell me more
I'm struggling to think of something to compare it to

it's a movie about this japanese businessman that goes to a remote chinese village to assess a vein of jade (the mineral) that might be worth mining
and, because it's Takashi Miike, the yakuza that kidnaps him along the way

and china, in japan, has this old cultural reputation, a bit like what the middle east has in the west, where it's just this place where they know about magical things that we don't, and no one today seriously believes it, but, you strip away modernity and you drive way out to the middle of nowhere, and your car breaks down, and you get on this rickety boat, and it's pouring rain and you lose your belongings and your documents, and you don't don't even speak the language, and suddenly all of this context you're used to in your day to day life that makes you secure in your modern sensibilities and values is gone
and you're just out in this remote area, for as long as it takes to do the job you were sent to do, which of course is more complicated now that you don't have your documents and possessions, with this loving yakuza guy by your side...

and nothing magic happens, of course. it's not nearly as violent as Miike's other films, but his grounded, kind of fly-on-the-wall sensibility is on display. it's not dreamy or whimsical. you're here.
but along the way, you do meet this guy who's telling you about these archeological carvings he's found all over japan of people with wings. bird people. and he believes that somewhere in the province that you're going to, there will be something similar, because somewhere in that province is the ancient origin of japanese culture
and... it's not like Take Shelter at all, but if you've ever seen Take Shelter, you know how there's nothing supernatural happening, but there's just this feeling that there might be something just out of sight, just off camera, just out of grasp? it's kinda like that
and then, they make it to the village, and there's this book

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I'm so glad you asked

I'm realizing that wacky bullshit aside the series is about a bunch of people who fuckin love war, but there ends up a schism between the illuminati bourgeoise who want drones to take over so they don't have to work anymore to subjogate the masses and the "romantics" who only want wars that shed human blood in order to keep the "purity" of the thing. There's a decent idea covered in glitter and anime cliches buried in there, delivered in the wildest way possible.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Galewolf posted:

That trailer has everything I FUKKEN LOVE in a movie:

-Ryan Reynolds
-An actually good actor looking tired and exasperated but cannot say no to the paycheck
-Annoying Stranger Things looking kid actor
-TIME TRAVEL WOO SO ORIGINAL
-A fuckin lazer sword
-Directed by the guy who directed Free Guy and Stranger Things (that explains the kid I guess)

Will make 700 million USD

On the day that it is released 205 people will cancel their Netflix account but 206 people will subscribe. That’s all profit. :cool:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Endless Trash posted:

On the day that it is released 205 people will cancel their Netflix account but 206 people will subscribe. That’s all profit. :cool:

Wow, we got 206 new subscribers for this movie? Let's make 90 more!

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I remember the guy at Babbages wouldn't let me buy the Postal 2 expansion because it was called " The Fudge Pack" and I was only like 15. I had to go get my mom, who was at Mervyns, and get her to come back and say I had her permission to buy the fudge pack. On the ride home she said " if you're gay, don't tell your Grandpa".

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

“Dormammu, I’ve come to bargain.” —Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch)

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I understood that reference

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I remember the guy at Babbages wouldn't let me buy the Postal 2 expansion because it was called " The Fudge Pack" and I was only like 15. I had to go get my mom, who was at Mervyns, and get her to come back and say I had her permission to buy the fudge pack. On the ride home she said " if you're gay, don't tell your Grandpa".

What about your uncle

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Improbable Lobster posted:

“Dormammu, I’ve come to bargain.” —Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch)

like 2/3rds of that list is definitely just like.. a normal sentence said straight. probably the worst list in history, of all of the lists

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 17 minutes!

Sunk Dunk posted:

do you guys think if the michael richards thing happened today, seinfeld would still get reaired??

It would be playing on Fox instead of gutfield before Kramer even finished saying the n word

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019
Probation

Arc Hammer posted:

Some people go for the waifus getting killed because it gives them erotic violence elections.

American politics yada yada

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
“I don’t want to go.” —Peter Parker

who can forget that hilarious one liner

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sunk Dunk posted:

nah u can backtrace my ip

Ah, so ashamed you changed your IP address

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

So I had disanchantment running on the background while I was doing my budget and it tries really hard to be funny and poignant, but everything just feels so flat.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Space Kablooey posted:

So I had disanchantment running on the background while I was doing my budget and it tries really hard to be funny and poignant, but everything just feels so flat.

yeah it sucks. i had high hopes because of bill oakley and all his good stuff on the simpsons but it was just really boring.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019
Probation

Space Kablooey posted:

It's been scientifically proven that the richer you are the less empathy you have, and empathy is the most important requirement for being able to create good art or tell an engaging story

This is why it's scientifically impossible for anyone to sequelise their own successful work and maintain quality. Every success over a certain level in film making actually makes you less able to do the job.

Even Stephen goddamn Spielberg cannot make a sequel half as good as the first entry in a series he directs (citation: Jones, Indiana and Park, Jurassic).

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
jurassic park 2 was great, what are you talking about :troll:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kingo Ligma posted:

This is why it's scientifically impossible for anyone to sequelise their own successful work and maintain quality. Every success over a certain level in film making actually makes you less able to do the job.

congrats on being a god drat buffoon!!!!

Brought to you by the George Miller gang

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Just watched The Blob remake that RLM did the video for. Really really good. Great screenplay and effects.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Kingo Ligma posted:

It's been scientifically proven that the richer you are the less empathy you have, and empathy is the most important requirement for being able to create good art or tell an engaging story

Even Stephen goddamn Spielberg cannot make a sequel half as good as the first entry in a series he directs (citation: Jones, Indiana and Park, Jurassic).

Frank Henenlotter bitch

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Just watched The Blob remake that RLM did the video for. Really really good. Great screenplay and effects.

Yeah, it whips.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Jones Indiana and Park is the name of the lawfirm I keep on retainer.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

PostNouveau posted:

Us is the only other film he's written and directed.

I think he's got a bad habit of putting his name on garbage or funding garbage, and it's hurting his brand pretty bad. But if he wrote and directed this new UFO one it'll probably be pretty good.

I'm getting a real 'Roadside Picnic' influence, with some similarities to Annihilation. Aliens that are truly alien, to the point it might be a stealth Lovecraftian eldritch horror from space kind of thing.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

I've been looking for a monster/disaster movie and this looks perfect a few minutes in to the review. watching this when i get bored with the superbowl

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if it wasn't for Fury Road George would be known as the happy feet guy

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
he would be known, correctly, as “God” hello i am Hideo Kojima by the way it turns out i have been posting with you all this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019
Probation

George Miller had to be completely abused and forced to make soul destroying nonsense by the monsters of Hollywood for THIRTY YEARS before he had suffered enough to grow back his empathy and make a genuinely better sequel.

Think before you speak child.