Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I thought they'd shot a stand alone actual pilot as well.

Eh, no biggie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Kinda a shame. Him doing those one-handed pull-ups makes the salmon ladder look like chump poo poo.

Edit: I know there had to be a CW executive who said something like "we've got Batwoman now, why do we need 2 black lead superhero shows?"

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1491493998825021443

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1492106482447523840

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

I hope this just means they're moving to Hulu or Disney+, I want to rewatch Daredevil at some point and don't want to :filez: it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Huh, I thought the whole thing about them being Netflix co-productions gave them rights in perpetuity.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Medullah posted:

I hope this just means they're moving to Hulu or Disney+, I want to rewatch Daredevil at some point and don't want to :filez: it.

Charlie Cox returned to cameo Murdock in No Way Home so I imagine they aren't going to just toss it all down the memory hole.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah there's no chance they don't just wind up in D+

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My hope is this was all just timed for the deal ending and them all getting officially folded into the MCU. The timing right after some characters re-emerge can’t be coincidence.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
probably hulu, i don't think d+ carries any of the mature content stuff

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

site posted:

probably hulu, i don't think d+ carries any of the mature content stuff

They just launched Pam and Tommy (might be different in the US though, we don't really have Hulu in Canada)

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Opopanax posted:

They just launched Pam and Tommy (might be different in the US though, we don't really have Hulu in Canada)

It's on Hulu in the US.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, Hulu's basically the hurdle/excuse for D+ to not have any non-kid friendly content in the US (there's apparently internal dispute over this) but as Hulu has never expanded beyond the US and a very limited rollout in Japan (despite promises to the contrary) they've just put a lot of that content under the Star brand on D+ in a lot of international territories. Which honestly makes the argument about not wanting to dilute the brand in the US a crock of poo poo and probably them not wanting to piss off whatever remaining partners in Hulu there still are.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, Hulu's basically the hurdle/excuse for D+ to not have any non-kid friendly content in the US (there's apparently internal dispute over this) but as Hulu has never expanded beyond the US and a very limited rollout in Japan (despite promises to the contrary) they've just put a lot of that content under the Star brand on D+ in a lot of international territories. Which honestly makes the argument about not wanting to dilute the brand in the US a crock of poo poo and probably them not wanting to piss off whatever remaining partners in Hulu there still are.

Apparently they is still from input/influence from NBC Universal that still owns a piece of the Hulu pie until 2024 in the US but doesn't internationally. The assumption is that after Disney fully buys them out, that content might migrate over to Disney+ in the US as well.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Yeah it's definitely moving to a different service. This only happens because Disney paid a bunch of money to Netflix and I doubt they paid a bunch of money to memory hole it.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Skwirl posted:

Yeah it's definitely moving to a different service. This only happens because Disney paid a bunch of money to Netflix and I doubt they paid a bunch of money to memory hole it.

This sounds accurate to me, Disney paying Netflix is news to me though. I'd just assumed that Netflix didn't want to help promote Disney characters like how Marvel started buffing up the Inhumans when they didn't have the movie rights to mutants.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Happy Hippo posted:

This sounds accurate to me, Disney paying Netflix is news to me though. I'd just assumed that Netflix didn't want to help promote Disney characters like how Marvel started buffing up the Inhumans when they didn't have the movie rights to mutants.

If Netflix part-funded the shows, they would have an ownership stake. CBS just had to pay them a fuckton to get Star Trek Discovery back because Netflix had put a bunch of money in so they could have the show outside the US.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

https://twitter.com/empiremagazine/status/1492468794467491843

That's a very nice page-to-screen translation of the Mr. Knight costume. I'm also really glad that they managed to make the glowing eyes work.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

JordanKai posted:

https://twitter.com/empiremagazine/status/1492468794467491843

That's a very nice page-to-screen translation of the Mr. Knight costume. I'm also really glad that they managed to make the glowing eyes work.

Oh poo poo, are they going to do an episode of that issue that's just The Raid?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Oh poo poo, are they going to do an episode of that issue that's just The Raid?

They loving better. I know it's different companies and I have no idea if they share any crew or anything but the best thing about Arrow was 3-4 times a season they just let the stunt team go absolutely ham.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Skwirl posted:

They loving better. I know it's different companies and I have no idea if they share any crew or anything but the best thing about Arrow was 3-4 times a season they just let the stunt team go absolutely ham.

Arrow had its issues, but it had good stuntfolks and main cast willing to put in the effort. I love when a show gets a chance to flex like that. Agents of Shield did it as well (If you've got Chun Li playing the team's bruiser, you'd better).

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bruceski posted:

Agents of Shield did it as well

Hell yeah

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Clark Gregg is a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt, dude is irl tough

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
On the other hand, Gregg Clark can't fight his way out of a wet paper bag.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Joe Fisto posted:

He just like to cuddle

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Moon Knight got a spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM3Yx-5Ymiw

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Has it always been the case that advertisers can’t use the words “super bowl” when describing their commercials? I feel like I’ve seen “the big game” used a million times this year, but I don’t remember seeing that phrase before.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ok, that shot with the cape billowing so it makes the crescent shape is really cool.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I AM GRANDO posted:

Has it always been the case that advertisers can’t use the words “super bowl” when describing their commercials? I feel like I’ve seen “the big game” used a million times this year, but I don’t remember seeing that phrase before.

It's nothing new

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

I AM GRANDO posted:

If the NFL spent half the energy they use to protect copyright, to prevent CTE it would be a thing of the past.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

I AM GRANDO posted:

Well they can use the name, but then they'd have to pay the NFL to get authorized use, and it's much cheaper to just awkwardly say "the Big Game".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s always been the case that you need to pay to say Super Bowl, everyone settling on ‘the big game’ feels more recent though.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

the last office I worked in, there was an unbelievably poorly socialized guy who genuinely thought other human beings who were not in commercials for sandwiches or tires actually called it the big game so he did, too

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Karma Tornado posted:

the last office I worked in, there was an unbelievably poorly socialized guy who genuinely thought other human beings who were not in commercials for sandwiches or tires actually called it the big game so he did, too

...so THAT'S why... wow, until just now I thought people did that too, just not in the circles I was in.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Aphrodite posted:

It’s always been the case that you need to pay to say Super Bowl, everyone settling on ‘the big game’ feels more recent though.

Naw, I worked in advertising and marketing 10+ years ago and it was 'the big game' way back then. It's gotten more prevalent because NFL is signing more exclusivity deals. So now beer A can't just pay the licensing fee because beer B is 'the official beer of the superbowl'.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I do it because I do not want to get sued by the NFL

(I don't actually do it. Anyway, off to court)

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

Clark Gregg is a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt, dude is irl tough

Joe Fisto posted:

Waaait a minute...

Has anyone actually seen Clark Gregg and Gregg Clark in the same room?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Yes, but I've done an abnormally large amount of hallucinogenics.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/i_am_aranda/status/1484966582195408897

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The greatest blow since Solid Dick was debunked.