Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

If saying that mass murder and a father son duel to the death counts as "stakes" is trolling sure I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

There are two threads in TV IV to argue about Star Wars. Go there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjFqBLpPiMw

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Fartington Butts posted:

I'm in those threads too and also how the gently caress are they not using this acoustic version for anything? It's even better than the one already in the show which is good.

Sorry to poo poo up this thread tho.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
You're still welcome to talk peacemaker dude

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I think there's only a handful of them that that's true for anyway and it was mostly the ones the US swept their pasts under the rug for when they put them on the space race team.

Von Braun did sort of do a 180 on his past when he supported the 60s civil rights movement, I guess. He never had to pay for his transgressions as a member of Hitler's inner circle though.

This was the best thing about For All Mankind. Von Braun getting kicked the gently caress out for being a god damned nazi.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

You can't really write his single minded pursuit of building a rocket capable of putting a man on the moon off though. He did in fact achieve it. The way he went about it is absolutely morally reprehensible though.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

I don't think you can really discount his contributions to the civil rights movement either, he's a very strange figure in American history.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Finally caught up. Good ep, but as if not take the vets with them. The nurse (not male) seemed pretty chill with a shotty.

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

Open Source Idiom posted:

Finally caught up. Good ep, but as if not take the vets with them. The nurse (not male) seemed pretty chill with a shotty.

Especially since, for all the team knew, they could have been Iraq War vets

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

You can't really write his single minded pursuit of building a rocket capable of putting a man on the moon off though. He did in fact achieve it. The way he went about it is absolutely morally reprehensible though.

I mean, you can also argue his main achievement was further refining the much more revolutionary work done by people like Goddard who have the historical advantage of not building their rockets with the deaths of Jews and Romani and such.

Also a lot of people would argue that had Korolev not been hamstrung by his leadership the whole moon race thing would be yet another part of the 'space race' we gloss over because the Soviets won it, he wanted to find a way to deliver subjects and payloads to the moon since the early days shooting R-7s into orbit, and it was under him the Luna probes got some of the first images such as of the dark side and all. It feels a little lame to act like 'dedicated to going to the moon' was some special trait of Von Braun.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Relevant Tangent posted:

Star Wars is at best PG 13 at all times, which means it'll never be particularly moving because it'll never allow the hero to shoot his incredibly racist dad right in the face mid-tirade. There's no meaningful stakes possible in anything on Disney+ and there never will be.

You've obviously only ever watched the movies. The Clone Wars was amazing in fleshing the PT out and giving depth to a ton of characters.

99 here is a defective clone but still wants to help out and initially the clones treat him like poo poo but he sacrifices himself to help and his final words are amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIbHzsEWI4k

The jedi here treats clones like cannon fodder and sends them to their deaths throughout the episode but eventually they get sick of taking his poo poo and rise up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZdTJ_t3bug

This is only a couple of things in a huge, amazing series. Not to mention all the stuff in Rebels and even in Bad Batch. The CG shows are works of art. The shift to live action TV is still finding it's footing, i'll give you that, but I am sure like the CG shows it'll find em.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Fartington Butts posted:

I hope this is played over a cheesy walk off scene with all the heroes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah6TYuJ1iQg

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

no cgi eagle 0/10

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Daduzi posted:

That's actually where Superman kennels Krypto, so they're pretty serious vets.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/AlanTudyk/status/1492934515102154756

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Grimdude posted:

Peacemaker fighting his dad and saying how "You're right, I am a piece of poo poo!" while holding back tears and then the Eagle-y scene almost made me cry ffs

The amount of pathos John Cena brings to a role which should be absolute trash is amazing.

Like this?
https://twitter.com/hbomax/status/1492688224828932097?s=20&t=78jPLbE8nJ0OBCDQsLezKQ

This should be empty and cloying. But it lands.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

John Cena’s not afraid to ugly cry in front of everyone.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
He's doing face exercises, that's why his face is so jacked.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

On rewatch, I really enjoyed when Vigilante included Economos in his proposed collage. Once upon a time it would have been just him and Peacemaker banging a bunch of chicks while dolphins watch and do beer bongs in a Corvette.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Daduzi posted:

So what if they are? That's not going to prepare them even a little bit for what they'd have to do. Quite a few cops got taken. I'll bet at least one of them had a pet that they take to that clinic. Do you think, vets or not, that those people would be able to shoot that guy that they know? Maybe shoot his children if they were taken? Peacemaker was right. If those people went along, they'd just die - probably by getting butterflied.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
It was just a meta joke about how non main characters who join up for the final fight are cannon fodder

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

pile of brown posted:

It was just a meta joke about how non main characters who join up for the final fight are cannon fodder

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Everyone posted:

So what if they are? That's not going to prepare them even a little bit for what they'd have to do. Quite a few cops got taken. I'll bet at least one of them had a pet that they take to that clinic. Do you think, vets or not, that those people would be able to shoot that guy that they know? Maybe shoot his children if they were taken? Peacemaker was right. If those people went along, they'd just die - probably by getting butterflied.

I do like the nurse who was ready with that shotgun. I first was thinking "why does a vet clinic have a tactical shotgun?" then I realized "This is small town America".

Defiance Industries posted:

On rewatch, I really enjoyed when Vigilante included Economos in his proposed collage. Once upon a time it would have been just him and Peacemaker banging a bunch of chicks while dolphins watch and do beer bongs in a Corvette.

Yes I love when he was accepted by them.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I seent that Suicide Squad movie last night, was really surprised how the show basically covered every moment of Peacemaker in it, if only because there wasn't much.

It wasn't terrible, got a few laughs and I kind of liked how everyone hamfistedly explains their origin story, often right before they die. Some of the Harley stuff felt like maybe they should just give her a movie, it eventually got reconnected to the rest but for the most part felt like a separate unrelated adventure or perhaps conclusion to things started in the other movies I didn't see... and looking them up probably won't. I liked polka dot man and was impressed how well they pulled off his special effect powers. Seeing how well the goofier spectrum of comic book stuff can work really makes me wish they'd let The Ventrue Bros boys have a go at a DC movie or something, if not I wouldn't hate seeing some VB characters come to life.

Did Peacemaker have a special helmet in the movie, he never seemed to indicate he had a specific power from it, they kind of just joked that his only superpower was being good at violence, which was redundant with Idris Elba having the same "powers."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
His power was being dope as gently caress.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I quite enjoyed The Emancipation of Harley Quinn, though I only watched it the once so maybe it doesn't hold up? The fact the big climactic battle of the film is effectively an Adam West Batman TV series henchmen fight just with very high production values was great.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Khanstant posted:

they kind of just joked that his only superpower was being good at violence, which was redundant with Idris Elba having the same "powers."

Waller did the same description/origin story for both of them word for word and it was loving hilarious

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Khanstant posted:

Did Peacemaker have a special helmet in the movie, he never seemed to indicate he had a specific power from it, they kind of just joked that his only superpower was being good at violence, which was redundant with Idris Elba having the same "powers."

I get the feeling his dad didn't want to talk to him while he was still in prison, and he'd especially refuse to make new helmets if he found out THE DEEP STATE was offering him work in exchange for a shorter sentence.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

von Braun believes in a man on the moon at any cost, no matter how many people he have to kill to get there

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Jerusalem posted:

I quite enjoyed The Emancipation of Harley Quinn, though I only watched it the once so maybe it doesn't hold up? The fact the big climactic battle of the film is effectively an Adam West Batman TV series henchmen fight just with very high production values was great.

Birds of Prey holds up well, IMO. Huntress is the best. One of my favorite moments is right before the final Adam West-esque fight when Huntress flips out and yells that she doesn't have rage issues, and Black Canary reacts with the most amazing "Get a load of this poo poo" expression on her face.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Jerusalem posted:

Nah Birds of Prey is great.

Also, after watching this and everything else Gunn has done...I'm guessing his dad really sucked

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The only thing that bothers me a little is Cassandra Cain in the movie because it's just grabbing a name that could be anybody else's. Everything else is pretty dope. Liked Harley attacking the police station. And Huntress.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I didn't really like it that much. I think if the movie was Harley + Cassandra OR The BOP, it would have been fine. Combining both stories together didn't really work for me.

I also thought the fight scenes weren't that great which is odd since they apparently had people from John Wick work on those. The non-action stuff was way better than the action scenes.

Ewan MacGregor was also wasted, which is a shame.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I loved Ewan McGregor being a complete loving weirdo.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Harley was in the second Suicide Squad mostly because Margot Robbie is a huge box office draw

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

ymgve posted:

von Braun believes in a man on the moon at any cost, no matter how many people he have to kill to get there

Lol

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

ymgve posted:

I can't launch this rocket unless it has a Sanskrit symbol for the sun...

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
what if the secret ingredient to functioning super science is racism?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Huntress TV show when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Huntress TV show when?