Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

An update to "my autistic kid came home completely nonverbal". Decide whether you want to read. Verbal abuse of a child with communication difficulties. the autistic child was screamed at, went nonverbal, wet herself, and then the adults agreed to cover it up. OP's father found out, was horrified, told OP, the child is doing okay with therapy, the adults who were there are out of child's and OP's life.
UPDATE: AITA For not allowing my family to see my daughter until after they explain why she wet herself?

quote:

Hey yall! First of all, just want to say how grateful I am for all the comments I recieved, and was unable to reply to. I appreciate it.

First things first; my daughter is okay now. She's talking some, although not much. She's back to using her communication device, though.

She had play therapy on Monday in which some things she acted out were minorly concerning. I apologise for not going into detail, family have found my acc and I'm trying to protect her privacy. She started talking again that day, too.

There was immediate concern between myself and her therapist, which was then conveyed to her second therapist, who she sees on Thursdays.

I am happy to say we have answers, however. On Wednesday my dad called me. He's been feeling guilty and was desperately trying to figure out what happened. He eventually convinced my mom to get it out of my sister.

At which point my sister confirmed what most of you guessed - my girl asked for a chocco pop, got told no in a yell bc my sister was frustrated with food. Kiddo got scared and then realised she had to go to the toilet, but at this point was non verbal. She tried to get my sisters attention, who assumed she was after the cake pop, and was yelled at again.

The last part is a little messy, but one of the men then yelled at her again, effectively scaring her into wetting herself, at which point she started crying and her cousin went and found my dad for her. Everyone who was present basically agreed to not tell me the full truth so I didnt go mad on them.

I was upset, and still havent opened contact with everyone. Although my dad did come see her yesterday and came to therapy with us, which I think helped. The therapy session essentially confirmed what had been said, and we're upping her to two therapy sessions with that therapist a week. We are still trying to gage if two play therapy sessions are needed too, or maybe just lengthening the existing one.

I still have not spoken to my sister because I do not believe I would be able to be civil. My dad and I are working to rule out family members that were definitely not involved to hopefully have her see them more, as that's something her therapist recommended.

I hope this update is satisfactory? I was going to wait until we had it completely figured out, but that could take months, depending on how my daughter deals with things.

Again, thank you all for your comments, advice and suggestions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Arsenic Lupin posted:

An update to "my autistic kid came home completely nonverbal". Decide whether you want to read. Verbal abuse of a child with communication difficulties. the autistic child was screamed at, went nonverbal, wet herself, and then the adults agreed to cover it up. OP's father found out, was horrified, told OP, the child is doing okay with therapy, the adults who were there are out of child's and OP's life.
UPDATE: AITA For not allowing my family to see my daughter until after they explain why she wet herself?

The abuse is tough to read, but the parents and the one grand parent absolutely doing it right is very heartening. Good on them.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
No more abuse stories, please. We've got a rule against it and everything.

poisonpill posted:

Seriously, that’s the thing about these that just baffles me so much. Everyone I know ever got dumped for tons of normal things but how many of these stories involve thinggs that would be dealbreakers from day one? Do most girls put up with some awful boyfriend at one point in their lives because they don’t know better, or is it people from a particular background? What am I missing here?

Women are strongly discouraged from speaking up against mistreatment or everyone in their lives will call them bitches and not help them and tell them to continue to bend over and take it. When the guy is clearly abusive like the Frozen guy, they may be fearful of how he would retaliate after being dumped and think that it might be easier to just continue on indefinitely in the relationship. Many women put up with multiple awful boyfriends because they do not have a model of what healthy relationships look like in their home and compulsory education and media do not do a good job of providing this. People who were raised by religious freaks like OP are especially vulnerable to this because from birth they are explicitly indoctrinated into the idea they are only good as breeding machines and are not allowed any rights in their relationships with men, so this also hampered Elsa OP's judgement. It's nice she was ultimately able to break free if this story is real.

AITA for confronting someone in the laundry room for moving my clothes?

quote:

I left my clothes running in 3 dryers and I set a timer for the 40 minute drying cycle. I went down 20 minutes after my timer went off and I saw all my clothes out of the dryer and the dryers were empty. I walk in there and say "who the gently caress moved my clothes?" and the man who was sitting there said "I did". My attempts to walk back the rude statement failed and an argument ensued.

I understand if my clothes were moved if someone needed the dryer, but the dryers were empty and unused. They appear to have been emptied to make a point. I was accused of being rude and told I should watch who I am talking to and not be cursing. Honestly, I shouldn't have cursed, but I was frustrated.

Ultimately the guy told me to go gently caress myself and instinctively told him to "your mother". This set him off. Am I the rear end in a top hat for confronting him?

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 14, 2022

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Thank you for posting that update. I figured the sister was doodoo dog poo poo but wow the whole family, almost. It's heartwarming to see the dad op care so much about his kid. Maybe the world is good and filled with love.

AITA - For demanding my sister pay for my fiance's damaged hearing-aid?

quote:

My F24 fiance M26 suffers from hearing-impairment. It's got severe in the past few months and he wears hearing-aid all the time.

My sister (19) and cousin (22) were visiting 2 nights ago for after going shopping. They were discussing my fiance's HA and arguing about whether the device would still function after being exposed to certain degree of heat or cold. They asked my fiance to do a little experiement but he refused to let them touch it.

While I was in the kitchen, my sister sneaked into the bedroom where my fiance was sleeping and took his HA. Then used the heat the hairdryer produced to test the device. I didn't know the device was ruined til late at night when my fiance told me his HA wasn't working properly. His hearing ability gradually declined and he started having headaches. I thought something was wrong with the device itself til my cousin contacted me on FB saying my sister took the device and used the hairdryer on it and lost the bet they both made. I was furious I went over to my parents house and confronted my sister. She was shocked and started crying after telling her she just ruined over 5000$ worth of medical device because of a stupid bet and that she needed to pay for it immediately. My wedding is in less than 2 weeks and my fiance can't even be aware of his surrounding without his HA so it won't happen til he get new HA and this stuff is expensive.

She freaked out after I demanded she pay 5000$ for a new HA because she didn't know it cost this much and complained the money she has saved is to pay for her tuition otherwise she won't be able to make any progress in college.

My parents begged me to postpone the wedding til they find a solution that all parties can agree on but postpoining the wedding is going to cost us a lot more than the price of hearing aid my sister is refusing to pay for. I had an argument with them because I was not only worried about the wedding but my fiance's health. It's been 2 days and he's been complaining from headache and feeling isolated. The Doctor warned against going long without HA and so this is concering.

My parents said they would've paid me themseleves if they had that kind of money but I was unreasonable to take away my sister's education money she worked for when I could postpone if I'm worried about not getting a new HA before the weeding... essentially making it about the wedding and accusing me of choosing a party that last few hours over my sister's future and education. I left their house and still stood my ground despite them telling me I'm being selfish for not working with them on a solution for this issue.

Further Info: Just to clarify the device was working up until late at night. then my fiance told me he was having issues hearing and the device stopped working all together hours later. I did not think my sister had anything do it until my cousin contacted me and my fiance while we were going to see his doctor to discuss the problem. Unfortunately My sister has done similar things in the past so It wasn't too surprising to find out she was behind it.

My parents tend to let my sister get away with either intentionally or unintentionally ruining others' belongings without any accountability. Last summer she ruined her friend's dad's car but wasn't told anything because my parents paid for the damages. Now because I'm family then it was clearly wrong of me to expect either her or my parents to pay.

I wanted to add this piece of Info, while my sister was the one who did. I'm pretty sure it was my cousin's idea. She is very rude to my fiancè and always thinks it's fine to make negative comments about him.

Imo use that 5000 to hire an assassin to murder the sister. No, 5k isn't enough to purchase one murder, but in the least maybe her legs can be broken. Idk, someone familiar with The Dark Net [/h4xx0r voice] can share more.

AITA for being mad that my husband wasn’t there with me after a ruptured colon

quote:

English isn’t my first language and throwaway so apologies for that So I (24f) recently( 2 days ago at the time this story took place ) had a ruptured colon and peritonitis due to it and have been feeling pretty sick and in pain so I asked my husband (23m) if he could stay with me for at least a week till I get more used to it but he said no because him and his friend had this tradition of going backpacking( hike set up camp hike again and then come back so this takes around 4 days)on this nice hill around graduation every year since 8th grade and they continued to do it even after they were finished with school. I asked more pleadingly and he still sad no, and then when he came back he asked me why I was upset and I told him that he never thought about my needs or wants and he said that he has his own life to and he says I have no right to say that about him so now I feel like an rear end in a top hat because the comment might have been a bit rude so AITA?

I wanted to find funny posts about colon [cologne] but I got this sadness.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Invisible Clergy posted:

No more abuse stories, please. We've got a rule against it and everything.

It was in spoiler tags with a content warning, gently caress off.

I'm glad that the kid is doing relatively okay and that her parents are protecting her from the shitbag family and getting her the therapy she needs.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Clothes in the dryer 20 minutes after they go off? Hope you like prison

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Barudak posted:

Clothes in the dryer 20 minutes after they go off? Hope you like prison

Yeah, but they were taking up 3 dryers. I'll need to know the total number of dryers in the laundry before I let them out of the acid vat line.

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

What would make you take up three whole rear end driers? Did you not do laundry for a full month or something?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Some neighbor would just leave their clothes in the building washer for hours after it was done. Eventually at one point I just took their clothes out and put them in a clean bag to be able to do my own washing. The other person left me a snarky note saying they had to redo the laundry, I responded on that note saying this isn't their private machine and I didn't soil their laundry or whatever, just took it out so I could actually get laundry done.

Some people feel extremely entitled to public laundromats, I'm glad I have my own washer/drier now.

(edited for clarity)

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Feb 14, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Yeah, I lucked out and found a place with its own washer/dryer, all the years I lived in an apartment complex with a communal laundry were just a dire constant source of stress.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Some neighbor would just leave their clothes in the building washer for hours after it was done. Eventually at one point I just took their clothes out and put them in a clean bag to be able to do my own washing. The other person left me a snarky note saying they had to redo the laundry, I responded on that note saying this isn't their private laundry and I didn't soil their laundry or whatever, just took it out so I could actually get laundry done.

Some people feel extremely entitled to public laundromats, I'm glad I have my own washer/drier now.

The last building I lived in with communal laundry, people did not put up with that poo poo at all. If you weren't there when your load finished, you'd be lucky if it was thrown on the dirty floor.

AITA for insisting on finishing Monopoly?

quote:

Playing monopoly today, and im winning. There is 4 people playing and im slowly crushing them. 2 people are now bankrupt and im feeling confident. I have the majority of properties, and the last remaining player has only single properties with no opportunity to build houses, they do have alot cash. Now the other player feels its apparent, I will win. the other player trys to admit defeat. I insisted the other player to continue playing because I believe their was still a chance they could win. The other player wasn't happy about this, but continued playing until finally being made bankrupt 20 minutes later. Am I the rear end in a top hat for wanting to play until the end and making the other player play until bankrupcy ?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The other player is the rear end in a top hat for not refusing to play and unilaterally ending the game

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

How could anyone not want to engage with their partner's creative output, regardless of what it is? If the person I had committed to spending the rest of my life with released an album of Tuvan throat singing, I would be rocking out to that poo poo.

What if your partner is writing smutty alpha/omega fan fiction set in the Harry Potter universe? You gonna engage with that with a big ole grin on your face?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dazerbeams posted:

What if your partner is writing smutty alpha/omega fan fiction set in the Harry Potter universe? You gonna engage with that with a big ole grin on your face?

:sever:

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

AITA for throwing away my husband's tie?

quote:

My husband has a ton of ties that he wears with his suits, yet, he always chooses to wear this red-white-gray checkered tie. I have to say that it's a bit annoying seeing him wearing it all the time. I asked why he keeps wearing this one specifically when he has plenty other ties and he gave no answer.

Last week I had enough and decided I was no longer taking care of it, (laundry is on me) it was in a horrible condition anyway, so I threw it away. he found out and lashed out on me and said I should've never touched it, I said he has a ton of other ties to wear and if he likes the pattern so much maybe.... I could get him a similar one from the store but that's when he said I could never replace it because this tie belongs to his deceased friend of 15 years and it was the only thing he had of him. I was shocked to even learn that I told him I didn't know that and he could've told me about it. he said he was sorry it didn't occur to him that I'd throw away his stuff. He lashed out more then called me insensitive and disrespectful of him and his stuff then said I hurt his feelings and brought back waves of grief by what I did. I geniunly was hurt by the way he spoke to me and think he too bares the blame for not being open about this tie specifically.

Context: We've been married for 6 months, had a mostly long distance relationship. I never met this friend before. Didn't know him at all.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

How the gently caress does it take 20 minutes for one person to lose in monopoly. It barely takes 30 to just finish the game. You're an rear end in a top hat for not following the rules of the game

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

value-brand cereal posted:

I don't understand why they think talking about postponing the wedding is going to help anything; that obviously is going to cost a shitload of money and is significantly less important than the fiancee's fuckin actual health. Sister literally crippled a dude.

Plus even discounting the part where maliciously destroying an ability device is violence, I'm pretty sure 5000 dollarydoos is felony territory. Give sister the choice between replacing it immediately or going to jail, and tell the parents to gently caress right off.

haveblue posted:

The other player is the rear end in a top hat for not refusing to play and unilaterally ending the game

Everyone is the rear end in a top hat for choosing to play Monopoly, and their punishment is having to play Monopoly. No need for further arbitration.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Barudak posted:

How the gently caress does it take 20 minutes for one person to lose in monopoly. It barely takes 30 to just finish the game. You're an rear end in a top hat for not following the rules of the game

They're probably using some common bad houserules, money on free parking, not auctioning properties when someone lands on it, etc.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Everyone is the rear end in a top hat for choosing to play Monopoly, and their punishment is having to play Monopoly. No need for further arbitration.

Yeah, monopoly is an unsalvageable game no one should play. If you have to do it or the bomb will go off, set a timer for 30 min and whoever has the most money wins. It also encourages more aggressive play so the game will probably be over faster anyway.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Dazerbeams posted:

If my partner says, "Honey, this is really important to me," you bet I'm going to read at least the first chapter. And if my partner says, "Honey, I'm publishing this," then yeah, assuming no hard deal-breakers, I grit it through to the end.

Because I love my partner and treat the things that are important to him with respect.

I'm the one who writes the smutty fanfiction and I don't want, far less ask, him to read it. No Golden Snitches were harmed.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Eh, whatever to the story, but I've never believed anyone who says they work X hours in addition to school.

Oh yeah, 50 hours a week? :jerkbag:

Maybe they don't understand what full time means for schooling?

I work 50 hours a week and just graduated with my masters degree, doing it part time (averaging 3-7 credit hours a semester plus studying), and that was awful and I marvel at how much free time I have now.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for throwing away my husband's tie?

sure i threw away his memento of a dead friend for zero reason, but he hurt my feelings

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Arsenic Lupin posted:

No Golden Snitches were harmed.

Golden Snatches, however...

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Imo use that 5000 to hire an assassin to murder the sister. No, 5k isn't enough to purchase one murder, but in the least maybe her legs can be broken. Idk, someone familiar with The Dark Net [/h4xx0r voice] can share more.
My husband has a Cochlear and that is also $5k, and I would have no problem breaking someone's kneecaps if they ever hosed with it.

Also sue and :sever:. You don't ever gently caress with someone's medical equipment

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

She needs to tell the parents there are two options. Either the sister coughs up the money for the hearing aid, or they pay for the postponement of the wedding AND the hearing aid, plus you get to use an ice pick to take the sister’s hearing.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Eh, whatever to the story, but I've never believed anyone who says they work X hours in addition to school.

Oh yeah, 50 hours a week? :jerkbag:

I’ve done 50-60 while also taking like 4 credits, but that was working from home and my wife still holds that period of our life against me. Full time plus fifty is either not being done or is some bullshit course of study.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Almost just said yes outright due to caplock and total lack of paragraphs that I added.

AITA BECAUSE I LEFT THE DATE BEFORE THR WAITRESS EVEN BOUGHT US WATER?

quote:

So I went out on a first date with a guy from my neighborhood. We agreed to meet at a restaurant, we did. We kissed each other on the cheek and sat down. So he asked how I was how my day was I answered and asked the same.

Then I asked him what he is looking for in a relationship. He said, I'm not looking for a relationship. I said well I am, and before I could finish my sentence he sharply said in a firm voice. I AM NOT.

I said okay I understand we'll have a nice night and got up to proceed to leave. He comes u behind me and aske WTF I'm doing. I told that it's clear we want different things so there is no need to ease each other's time any further.

He called me a selfish bitch. I said selfish how? And to whom? You were straight told me what you did not want I told you what I did. We are opposites.

He said "You not gonna even you know. . .let me at it a bit??"

I said "Sir you have picked the wrong one as did I, goodbye." And walked out and got in my car.

He actually was following me out of the restaurant to my car and them said Well if you not gonna "eff" me you can give me a ride home."

I said Sir not only am I not a whore I'm also not a ride share goodnight and drove home and blocked his number while I was at a red light.

He text me before blocking saying I'm an inconsiderate AH.

Most of my friends liked the way I handled it but two of them said I was wrong. So AITA?

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

AITA for moving out without informing my roommate and possibly causing him to lose the place?

quote:

First I would like to inform you that I am on the Autism spectrum, if you are going to use sarcasm in your comments please label it as I have difficulty distinguishing it even while written. Also feel free to give it to me straight, I am not a fragile person.

I (22M) have been living with a roommate for close to 5 months now. I am not on the lease. The rent and utilities are too much for my ex-roommate to handle on his own.

I have a tick you could say, I count. And by that I mean I count steps, stairs, lightposts, sips, bites of food, pillows... It helps me cope with the stimulation of the world.

When I moved in I made it clear to my then roommate that he was not allowed to touch my food (I meal prep) since 1) I can't eat anything I or my family didn't cook and 2) while cooking I tend to count the individual pieces of food (think how many chicken chunks, how many pieces of vegetables...) And if while eating the numbers don't match I tend to get overwhelmed.

He respected that for the first couple of months, then he started stealing bites. It stressed me out and I would talk with him, at first he used to deny it then he apologized and promised to never do that again. A couple weeks later he would do so again.

5 days ago I got home after a very stressful day and took out a container of strawberries, when I got the end of it it was 3 strawberries short. I had a meltdown. The first in more than 4 years.

After I managed to calm down and feel better I called my parents and asked to move back in while looking for another place. Packed my stuff and was out by the next day. I did not inform him of my moving. And he had an upfront month's rent so I did not need to give him anything (I actually gave up 3 weeks of rent)

He did not even know I moved out untill today, and he called me panicked about his situation, I told him that he was bad for my mental health and I will no longer be living with him and I am blocking him from everywhere after we hang up. He called me an AH and told me that he will become homeless because I couldn't spare 3 measly strawberries.

I am bad with human interactions and judging situations accurately, so AITA in this situation?

Edit: thank you all for your comments and for explaining what I did wrong. I calculated how much money I need to send to make it an even 30 days of rent (including the days I moved out and didn't tell him) and venmoed it to him.

Also for some people here and in my messages telling me that I should live alone because I can't handle roommates: I lived 4 years with 3 other roommates, including all of 2020, and that while going to college and working. I am someone who is confident in myself and what I reached in life so it didn't shake me, but please don't say the same thing to someone else, what you see as a throwaway comment can seriously break someone's trust in themselves.

The taste of this hand? Three strawberries and some mouthfuls of food. I can't wrap my head around people that will eat food from other people's plates without asking, or prior permission.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Hughlander posted:

Almost just said yes outright due to caplock and total lack of paragraphs that I added.

Congratulations on quickly ending your date with a rapist.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hughlander posted:

"Sir you have picked the wrong one as did I, goodbye."

Too good for this thread

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Maybe they don't understand what full time means for schooling?

I work 50 hours a week and just graduated with my masters degree, doing it part time (averaging 3-7 credit hours a semester plus studying), and that was awful and I marvel at how much free time I have now.

Yeah, during grad school and my postdoc I would occasionally hit 60, 40-50 was regular (minus one truly heinous set of experiments where I slept in the lab for two days taking 60min timepoints, that was a 100+ week)

Point is, anything 50 or above sucks poo poo independent of any schooling, let alone with. You do not have time for anything beyond decompression (e.g. AGRESSIVE binge drinking) food, or sleep. People seem to over bid on how much they work on stories like this

Wait this isn't the peeves thread...?

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

therobit posted:

Congratulations on quickly ending your date with a rapist.

He’s not necessarily a rapist? He’s an rear end in a top hat who wanted a quick gently caress and didn’t get it so he through a diaper baby level tantrum. Otherwise known as a lot of my dates through online dating.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Hughlander posted:

but two of them said I was wrong

Give them his number and tell them to have fun.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

ChickenDoodle posted:

He’s not necessarily a rapist? He’s an rear end in a top hat who wanted a quick gently caress and didn’t get it so he through a diaper baby level tantrum. Otherwise known as a lot of my dates through online dating.

Wow. Well, uh, I don’t envy single people the experience of whatever dating has become.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

therobit posted:

Wow. Well, uh, I don’t envy single people the experience of whatever dating has become.

Dating for Gays
Is fun, lets play

Dating for Straits
Is a big mistake

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

Dating for Gays
Is fun, lets play

Dating for Straits
Is a big mistake

we all miss cumshitter but it's just not the same :sigh:

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

"has become"?

At least it was an efficient date.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for trying to motivate my coworkers to leave early?

quote:

I work at a restaurant. Every weekend I work from 4 to usually 1am. We pool tips so I have to wait for my team to leave.

Yesterday we were extremely busy. My coworker who I pool with got the last two tables and was behind on doing her work because of that.

I kept following her around saying “hurry up. I want to go home. My boyfriend locks me out if I get at his apartment after 1”. I kept following her around telling her to do work so we can get out.

She snapped at me and said “we all want to go home. Get a different job if your boyfriend isn’t considerate of your hours and it doesn’t sound like my problem”. I said it wasn’t directed at her and she said “you berate me every weekend and the way you communicate doesn’t create a good team environment”. I told her shes moving too slow and then she said “I made us $800 in tips tonight and if you don’t realize how much work I put in or the hours don’t work get another job. I was here since 9am and I want to go home too”. I her I just get anxiety with my boyfriend and she said “sounds like a you problem”.

At the end of the night she moved extremely slow because she said “I guess I don’t want to go home and I don’t mind sitting and going slower”. We got out at 1 45 because she wanted to spite me. She even said if I’m so big on teamwork and wanted to leave so bad I could of helped her with her stuff instead of just constantly nagging when she was busy. I felt she was being lazy and she didn’t help me with my tables.

AITA for pushing my coworker to do her work and for us to leave on time?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Brandfarlig posted:

"has become"?

At least it was an efficient date.

Yeah, nowadays it's at least more streamlined.

The straights are not all right.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for eating my wife’s food?

quote:

My wife is an extremely picky eater. It’s been a point of contention in our relationship for years. She claims it’s sensory but it can be a bit much. She won’t even try new things at restaurants and has embarrassed me many times by not finishing food at my moms house.

Her defence is she tries my moms food even though it sometimes makes her sick but my mom is an amazing cook nothing about her food makes people sick it’s just my wife’s pickiness.

A few months ago I put my foot down with my wife and said I wasn’t going to eat the same 10 or so meals she makes for dinner anymore and I wanted variety. She essentially told me “fine I’ll feed me, you feed you.” She even divided our food budget up and told me to start doing my own shopping.

She made her point and after the first month I was begging her to cook again. She refused and said she was actually a lot less stressed just cooking for herself and prefers the current arrangement. I’m very unhappy. Obviously I can’t make her cook for me but my part of the food budget doesn’t go very far because I end up getting a lot of takeout.

I have been hungry late at night a few times and ate her leftovers and she got mad at me. She said it was “her food” and that I could go and get takeout or start cooking for myself or prepare and get snacks or whatever, she’s even not threatening to get a mini fridge with a lock on it if I don’t stop eating her food.

I don’t think this is how marriages should be and we should share things 50/50 the idea of a locked fridge in my own home pisses me off but she says I need to live with the consequences of my actions (telling her I wanted variety and now eating her food) i think this has gone on long enough so I’m bringing it here. Am I really this huge a hole for eating my wife’s leftovers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for trying to motivate my coworkers to leave early?

well if it isn’t the entire reason tip pooling is bullshit