Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

kanonvandekempen posted:

So it seems that Nagash is almost guaranteed, for those who don't know what he is, what should we expect? It doesn't really look like he'd be a new faction, seems more like a mix of tomb kings and vampire counts?

Nagash is the master of Necromancy and it's original creator, in the End Times where he had his own army it was basically a mishmash of every undead faction (except the not represented at the time Vampire Coast). He also had some of his own stuff, and he prefers mindless undead to ones with self-thought, so he might get a bunch of skeleton/ghost additions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

also he looks like this

MYAH

yeah yeah he got an updated model but this one is better

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

I'm pretty impressed that a video covering one game is somehow almost the same length as a video covering two.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

kanonvandekempen posted:

So it seems that Nagash is almost guaranteed, for those who don't know what he is, what should we expect? It doesn't really look like he'd be a new faction, seems more like a mix of tomb kings and vampire counts?

Just expect a giant skeleton with a huge hat that fucks up everything he touches and loses all the time, probably with really strong magic (that he'll gently caress up casting) and typical vampire count minions (who will betray him). His starting location will be right by a toilet so you can immediately start giving him a swirly.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Just expect a giant skeleton with a huge hat that fucks up everything he touches and loses all the time, probably with really strong magic (that he'll gently caress up casting) and typical vampire count minions (who will betray him). His starting location will be right by a toilet in a toilet so you can immediately start giving him a swirly.

If he starts in his dumb fortress then it should be this :colbert:

The place takes loving ages to get into/out from while taking attrition all the way(Unless you can underway), is only a two-settlement province and if I remember correctly, only have 6 building slots.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

kanonvandekempen posted:

He'll probably have a mishmash of Vampire Counts, Vampire Coast, and a limited amount of Tomb Kings stuff(the Tomb Kings outside of Arkhan mostly loving hate him, given that he's the reason that they're all mummies). I'd also expect some new undead.

He himself would likely be a monstrous-sized, earthshatteringly powerful caster lord with Lore of Vampires and possibly some Death, Shadows, or even Dark magic(because he made Necromancy by learning Dark magic and loving around with it, effectively), as well as probably some titanic bonuses to leading various undead units. Magically he should be able to equal or surpass every other caster in the game with few exceptions; he's one of the strongest mortal casters who ever lived even before he became a lich, at which point he was functionally a demigod even before AoS(when he becomes an actual god).

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Just expect a giant skeleton with a huge hat that fucks up everything he touches and loses all the time, probably with really strong magic (that he'll gently caress up casting) and typical vampire count minions (who will betray him). His starting location will be right by a toilet so you can immediately start giving him a swirly.

Basically a stronger, but less competent Skeletor.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Get Frank Langella to voice him.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

The stuff from the prior games carries forward if you own it right? In one of the game modes or something?

Basically what I want to know is if I can play as vampire pirates in TW:W3 cause that sounds great.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Nagash and Thanquol are going to have amazing VA work. I trust this.

Mode 7 posted:

The stuff from the prior games carries forward if you own it right? In one of the game modes or something?

Basically what I want to know is if I can play as vampire pirates in TW:W3 cause that sounds great.

Yes, but that will be coming a few months after release unfortunately.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Nagash and Thanquol are going to have amazing VA work. I trust this.

Well, if I'd pick one to put the moeny towards it'd be Thanquol. Nagash doesn't seem like he'd require as much of a performance as just a guy that sounds a certain way (and effects to further that). Does he have a personality or is he just an evil guy?

Anyway, I think Imrik probably tops out the voice acting in 2 for me.

e: They better record extra lines for the existing Warhammer 1 and 2 characters, including the little pre-battle speeches that are now a thing.

e2: Okay, Settra is also amazing, he's probably up there with Imrik for me.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Feb 14, 2022

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Ooh, I hope somebody will link the review vid, I always forget to check Mandalore's channel.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Randarkman posted:

Well, if I'd pick one to put the moeny towards it'd be Thanquol. Nagash doesn't seem like he'd require as much of a performance as just a guy that sounds a certain way (and effects to further that). Does he have a personality or is he just an evil guy?

Nagash is *incredibly* arrogant, so they could probably do some fun stuff with him if they wanted. He's not going to be pulling Skeletor "myaaaaahs" but they could easily go with something like "substantially more evil Settra".

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Reminder that a lot of the "canon personalities" we love so much were created with TWWH. Nagash will get an all-star dialogue treatment, I have faith in this.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sinteres posted:

I hope chaos dwarfs and Nagash both make it in the game but neither one of them gets hats.
N..... nuh..... noooooooooooo!!

Minenfeld! posted:

I'll still buy this one. Not-Russia and Not-China seemed cool. I only have TWW1 and not TWW2, though. Maybe I missed out.
If you have game 1 and game 3, you will not able to play HE, DE, Lizardmen, or Skaven, unless you buy a DLC that has a LL for them, in which case you could play that specific LL while being able to recruit basic units and any faction-specific units that came with that LL's DLC. I think you'd be fine to play game 3. Then if you want to play anything from game 2, just watch for it to inevitably go on sale; consider it a big DLC.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I thought you'd need all three games for the new Mortal Empires.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

doingitwrong posted:

Oh, hrm, yeah I could be wrong!

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Oh gently caress this comes out this week

Goddammit now I have to figure out who to play

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

doingitwrong posted:

Do we even know anything definitive about this?

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Randarkman posted:

Not yet. CA is supposedly going to release more information + roadmap shortly after launch.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Winklebottom posted:

also he looks like this

MYAH

close to perfection:

+ hat made of tiny skulls
+ staff made of tiny skulls
+ clothes include tiny skulls on chains
+ own head is a skull

- missed opportunity for the sword to be made of tiny skulls/bones

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Feb 14, 2022

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Captain Beans posted:

- missed opportunity for the sword to be made of tiny skulls/bones

The pommel is a skull at least.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Winklebottom posted:

also he looks like this

MYAH

I love this model. I also love the story that GW kept rejecting the artist's pitches and so he got pissed off and sent them the dumbest skeleton he could conceive and they went "This is great! We're using it!" and that's that.

I don't even care if it is true, I believe it.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Winklebottom posted:

also he looks like this

MYAH

Yeah, the new model just looks like he is massively overcompensating for something. This one is just peak evil confidence.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

https://youtu.be/ZRJo3R3ANsw

Mandalore video right on time.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Mandalore dropped his video sooner than I thought

Edit: beaten

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I suppose it was inevitable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5etbxXaEXk

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

ZearothK posted:

I love this model. I also love the story that GW kept rejecting the artist's pitches and so he got pissed off and sent them the dumbest skeleton he could conceive and they went "This is great! We're using it!" and that's that.

I don't even care if it is true, I believe it.

I also like how we know Nagash started as a normal-sized dude. So at some point he was like "normal sized skeleton? Nay. Servant, fetch me a giant skull. I shall be a Big Boy."

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
While Ogres look cool as hell, I think CA really missed a golden opportunity by making them sound basically like Orcs. Just imagine if they had gone full Hunnic/Mongolian, we could have had Ogre throat singing.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Dramicus posted:

While Ogres look cool as hell, I think CA really missed a golden opportunity by making them sound basically like Orcs. Just imagine if they had gone full Hunnic/Mongolian, we could have had Ogre throat singing.

Could have really benefited off that DUNC hype

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Dramicus posted:

https://youtu.be/MPd3_nUnKK8

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

You rear end in a top hat, I just dribbled coffee all over my chin.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Dramicus posted:

... pale in comparison to the magnificence of the Chorfs.

"Astragoth Irondome? Owner of the Zharr-Naggrund Irondome?"

It looks like reviews all went up at 10am EST. Game's good!

PC Gamer: 90
PC Invasion: 9.5
IGN: 9

William Bear fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 14, 2022

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

that's a lot of knives

Dramicus posted:

skaven got the monopoly on that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhsOA7BJTT0&t=34s

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

The ogres should've had a Big Texas/Southern accent. "Y'all hungry I'm starvin"

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Triskelli posted:

Looks like the big complaint is sieges again, with the ai/pathfinding being poo poo.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Omnicarus posted:

The ogres should've had a Big Texas/Southern accent. "Y'all hungry I'm starvin"

Ogres rampaging through the local hWaterburger at 3am

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I see your nurgling diarrhea and raise

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Triskelli posted:

Ah, so it's not just cavalry units that are affected by some kind of animation bug where they kind of don't move in to attack probably, seems to be a shared thing with lots of units, and might even be related to the flying unit landing to attack bug. Hopefully that's something they manage to fix, and even more hopefully it doesn't take for ever to do so.

A very good and thorough review video IMO highlighing the good points but also calling attention to problems and lackluster elements.

e: Somewhat surprised that the DLC treatment is seemingly already in effect for the Ogre preorder bonus, though intrigued to hear him say in the review that playing the Ogres (appropriately) feels more like running a criminal enterprise than an empire.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Randarkman posted:

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-iii-faq/

quote:

CAN I PURCHASE DLC FOR TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER GAMES I OWN ON ONE STORE ON ANOTHER (AND VICE VERSA)?
Currently it’s not possible to track the different Total War: WARHAMMER content you own across different storefronts. So, for example, if you buy Total War: WARHAMMER on the Epic Games Store, you will also need to buy the DLC on the Epic Games Store in order to use it.

The same applies for claiming the free combined map DLC – you would need to own both Total War: WARHAMMER and Total War: WARHAMMER II on the same store in order to claim it.

you'll need all 3 games. I can't think of any time I've heard anything but "all 3 games" for IE.