Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

White matter reduction is already a perfectly normal part of aging. So if you take a sample group of middle aged guys who self select as thinking they have cognitive issues and test them against the general public you're going to see guys who got hit a little worse by the getting old. Cause you'll note the sample of 40 patients is not a random selection from all US personnel who served in Havana, but exclusively those who reported brain issues. All this means is that people who think there is something wrong with their head are probably right. It's just that getting old sucks and it hurts some people worse than others.

Terrible Opinions has a new favorite as of 01:53 on Feb 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol there are people on the forums that think Havana syndrome is real? Talk about unnerving.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Real or not, sounds like they aren't Havana good time.

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017
What if I just wish Havana syndrome was real but also the sonic weapons were more effective

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
shadow saved the world with sonic weapons, have some respect

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Those people need treatment, just by different doctors than they think they do.

Kuiperdolin posted:

Yeah it's like gluten and fibromyalgia

I don’t get :thejoke: here?

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Apraxin posted:

Been reading through the Stage 1 report of the Grenfell Tower Inquiry.

Stage 1 is basically an investigation of the immediate cause of the fire (a fridge exploded) and a tabular movement of each resident and firefighter who were in the building that night up until they either left the building or died, with Stage 2 meant to be focused on what caused it to be a mass casualty event (landlord put flammable cladding all over the exterior).

Outside of a couple of people on the lower floors who sheltered in place until they were rescued in the morning, the last people to escape alive made a run from the 15th and 16th floors around 3.30am. The report is written in the driest, most dispassionate language, and jesus christ

I am debating with myself whether or not to read all of this. What makes it difficult for me is in 2018, I lost my own home and everything in it besides two dogs, my roomie and mom, and so I def have PTSD regarding structure fires and such, now. Incredibly intrigued, though. These two accounts were fascinating to me, but also super scary and stressful, and those are people WHO MADE IT OUT, so yeah I dunno.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

AlbieQuirky posted:

I don’t get :thejoke: here?

gluten intolerance and fibromyalgia are real, but self-diagnosers and sharing symptoms with lots of other conditions leads to overly skeptical people thinking they're fake

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Terra-da-loo! posted:

I am debating with myself whether or not to read all of this. What makes it difficult for me is in 2018, I lost my own home and everything in it besides two dogs, my roomie and mom, and so I def have PTSD regarding structure fires and such, now. Incredibly intrigued, though. These two accounts were fascinating to me, but also super scary and stressful, and those are people WHO MADE IT OUT, so yeah I dunno.
It's a fascinating read, but I don't know if I'd recommend if it'll remind you of a bad personal experience. Most of the accounting of people who didn't make it out is along the lines of 'it is presumed they were overcome by smoke sometime after their last 999 call', but there's a couple of extreme downers in there.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

gluten intolerance and fibromyalgia are real, but self-diagnosers and sharing symptoms with lots of other conditions leads to overly skeptical people thinking they're fake

No, the difference is that Havana Syndrome isn't real.

Pretty sure the initial reports actually from Cuba were probably because the embassy refused to close its windows when they were spraying pesticides.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
Decent Vice article about the Valentine's Day 1945 murder of Charles Walton:

The Unsolved ‘Witchcraft’ Murder That Shocked Britain

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
[edit: hit post too soon!]

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Busket Posket posted:

Many cases are group hysteria. But some aren’t.

Question Do advanced neuroimaging findings differ between US government personnel who experienced neurological signs and symptoms after potential exposure to directional phenomena in Havana, Cuba, and individuals not exposed to directional phenomena?

Findings In this study comparing 40 US government personnel with 48 healthy controls, advanced brain magnetic resonance imaging techniques revealed significant between-group differences in whole brain white matter volume, regional gray and white matter volume, cerebellar tissue microstructural integrity, and functional connectivity in the auditory and visuospatial subnetworks but not in the executive control subnetwork.

Do they have baseline scans of those people's brains from before "exposure"? Because if not then I don't know what this actually proves.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

StillFullyTerrible posted:

delusional parasitosis has always been fascinating to me because it's so clearly a beneficial trait (vigilance for parasites) that has due to various reasons become pathologically extreme.

Theres a couple disorders where I kinda think this is the case. Pica is another one.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
The case of the disappearance and death of David Glenn Lewis is fascinating and bizarre, and it occurred on Superbowl Sunday back in 1993, so I've been thinking about it this weekend. There is an excellent write-up of the case on Reddit, with some additional valuable information found in the comments (like this one), but here is the gist of it:

In 1993, David Glenn Lewis is an attorney living in Amarillo, TX, with his wife and daughter, and is by all accounts a healthy, happy, well-respected member of his community. Superbowl Sunday falls on January 31, and that weekend, David has stayed home to watch the game while his wife and daughter take a shopping trip to Dallas. His wife and daughter return home late on Sunday night, and to their surprise, David isn't there. They find:
  • His SUV is gone
  • His wedding ring and watch are sitting on the kitchen counter
  • Two "freshly made" sandwiches (the kind David liked to eat) are in the refrigerator and there is laundry in the dryer
  • The VCR (the kind that could not be pre-programmed to record but had to have "record" started manually) has recorded the Superbowl game at the start of the actual game (no pre-game stuff) but had kept on recording after the game was over
  • No sign of a struggle, nothing else out of place
The sandwiches, laundry, and recorded Superbowl game would seem to indicate that David had been at home on Sunday, at least up to the point when the football game began.

The police begin an investigation and learn a few things:
  • On Friday, Jan 28, David is seen rushing through the Amarillo airport, looking frantic and carrying no luggage
  • On Sunday, Jan 31, David (or someone using his credit card) had purchased a plane ticket from Dallas to Amarillo -- note that this would be a return trip home from Dallas. There was no record of David having purchased a plane ticket to Dallas.
  • On Monday, Feb 1, David (or someone using his credit card) had purchased a plane ticket from Los Angeles to Dallas -- again, this would be a leg of a return trip home, and there were no indications of David having purchased a plane ticket to LA.
  • On Tuesday, Feb 2, David's SUV is found parked outside the Amarillo court house, and inside are his keys and his wallet with his driver's license and credit cards.
  • David was involved in a lawsuit against him and his former law firm accusing them of conflict-of-interest wrongdoings, but basically, the nature of this lawsuit made it unlikely that this could be an MO for anyone to harm him or for him to want to disappear on his own accord
The case goes cold.

Then, 11 years later, in 2004, a retired policeman in Yakima County, Washington, decides to go through the list of unidentified bodies found in his jurisdiction and see if he can find any missing persons reports that would match up with them, using Google. And he does. And, long story short and confirming it with DNA, he is able to identify the body of a John Doe killed in a hit-and-run accident outside the tiny town of Moxee, WA, as David Glenn Lewis.

:siren:BUT GET THIS:siren:

The date of that hit-and-run accident, the date that David Glenn Lewis was killed in Moxee, WA, was Monday, February 1, 1993. ONE DAY after he went missing from his home, 1600 miles away.

:aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

And that's not all. At the time of his death, he was wearing military fatigues, which is wife stated he did not own. :tinfoil:

His hit-and-run accident was witnessed (sort of) -- people driving down that road had seen him walking in the middle of the road, seeming disoriented, and then they saw another car heading toward them. When they turned around to warn the other car about the man, they saw the man lying in the road and the other car speeding off. This happened around 10:30 at night.

So:
  • How David get from Amarillo, TX, to Moxee, WA, 1600 miles away, in one day, without there being any record of him having purchased a plane ticket or of boarding a plane to Washington?
  • Why was he in Moxee, WA, anyway? (It's a small town of 3000 people, 7 miles outside of the city of Yakima, in south-central Washington State. David had no known connection to Moxee or Yakima or (IIRC) Washington state.)
  • Why was he wearing clothes that were not his own?
  • Why was he walking in the middle of the road, in the dark, seeming disoriented? (The medical examination after his death indicated no traces of alcohol or drugs in his system.)
  • Why had he (or someone) bought plane tickets returning from LA to Amarillo? (Unfortunately, this being pre-9/11, there were no measures in place to trace if those plane tickets were ever used, or by whom.) Where does LA fit into all of this?
  • What was he doing in the Amarillo airport two days (Friday) before he went missing?
  • OR, if he did actually go missing on Friday and not Sunday, then who made his favorite sandwiches and pressed record on the Superbowl game in his house on Sunday?

:psyduck::psyduck::psyduck:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Not that it actually answers the broader mystery, but if he was on Hwy 82 near Moxee, he may have been coming from the Yakima Training Center, a Military training facility/NSA listening post a little ways north. That could explain the military fatigues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakima_Training_Center

Still doesn't explain why he'd be there though.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Edit: no more Havana derail lol

Douche Wolf 89 has a new favorite as of 01:56 on Feb 15, 2022

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

christmas boots posted:

Not that it actually answers the broader mystery, but if he was on Hwy 82 near Moxee, he may have been coming from the Yakima Training Center, a Military training facility/NSA listening post a little ways north. That could explain the military fatigues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakima_Training_Center

Still doesn't explain why he'd be there though.
This is the first time I'm reading about him and this is far fetched, but hear me out.

Lewis was also a judge in Amarillo. I want to know what cases he presided over. He also taught a law class.

-Thursday, he said he was sick and left work early, but showed up to teach his class that night.

-Friday, he was acting suspicious at the airport and mentioned flying back from Dallas. A cop noticed his red Explorer parked outside the courthouse.

-Saturday, someone deposited $5000 into his bank account. A neighbor saw him parked at home.

-Sunday, a sheriff's deputy saw him outside of the courthouse again taking pictures of a red Explorer. This is the last time he's seen before he's spotted in Moxee, WA the next day.

-Monday, around 10:30 PM, he's struck and killed by a hit and run driver He has no ID and is wearing a military uniform.

-Tuesday, his red Explorer is once again outside of the courthouse. His personal effects are inside.

At the time of his death, this places him between 30 and 35 miles from Hanford Nuclear Site. At the time, Hanford held the most plutonium waste storage of any site in the US. The third most was a Pantex (warhead manufacturer) plant 15 miles outside of Amarillo, TX.

Odd behavior in the days before he died, a mysterious cash deposit, inexplicably traveling with no personal effects between two major nuclear weapon sites, I'm not saying this holds water, but maybe be a tiny bit less certain that there's no reason to suspect foul play.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Rascar Capac posted:

Decent Vice article about the Valentine's Day 1945 murder of Charles Walton:

The Unsolved ‘Witchcraft’ Murder That Shocked Britain

This is one of my favourite old weird murder stories, I'm glad it's got a new article. Thanks for posting.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I live right on the brink of rural Warwickshire, and I'll tell you that it never surprises me to relearn that The Wicker Man has its roots in Stratford district.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

GWBBQ posted:

Odd behavior in the days before he died, a mysterious cash deposit, inexplicably traveling with no personal effects between two major nuclear weapon sites, I'm not saying this holds water, but maybe be a tiny bit less certain that there's no reason to suspect foul play.

One thing I didn't see mentioned is the rest of the whereabouts of the red SUV when it wasn't at the courthouse nor his own home. 1600 miles is a hell of a trip but could be done in less than a day, my older brother used to make long cross-country trips to see family & could easily drive 1500 in 18-20 hours if he took minimal breaks. Weird that nobody thought to check the odometer or search around for anyone who might've seen a red Explorer with specific tags traveling between states, but maybe I'm just overthinking it.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Everybody's wondering how he got from Amarillo to Seattle to Yakima to Moxee.

Somebody else had to have purchased it. My basic, basic theory is that he was called right at the game's start time (after he stuck in the tape) and someone convinced him to meet up casually. Or they showed up at his house. He wasn't wearing the ring and watch and was in a sweatsuit because he was comfortable (comments indicate a sweatsuit was the only clothing missing).

Lewis willingly gets into his vehicle and drives to a meeting place. Things go south there. He's kidnapped/forced to go to Washington for something. Kidnapper flies with him to make sure he goes, buys both tickets. Nobody sees them because they're watching the Super Bowl - after all, it's 1993 and the Cowboys win. In Washington, he gets his head cracked, maybe not visibly, but enough to incapacitate him. Someone either buys the fatigues because they're cheap and they lessen his chances of being identified or he's dazed and someone sees him in messy clothes and does it for charitable reasons, not knowing this isn't normal.

Lewis wanders around with a brain injury and gets hit by the car. His injuries from a beating may not be distinguishable from being hit by a vehicle.

He's intended to be dead and unidentified in Washington, but maybe or maybe not because a vehicle finished the job.

Comments in that thread seem to be inconclusive as to whether it was him buying the plane tickets. They don't say if they were just in his name or on his credit card.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

BOOTY-ADE posted:

One thing I didn't see mentioned is the rest of the whereabouts of the red SUV when it wasn't at the courthouse nor his own home. 1600 miles is a hell of a trip but could be done in less than a day, my older brother used to make long cross-country trips to see family & could easily drive 1500 in 18-20 hours if he took minimal breaks. Weird that nobody thought to check the odometer or search around for anyone who might've seen a red Explorer with specific tags traveling between states, but maybe I'm just overthinking it.
I got one of my daily blurbs wrong. He was seen between Amarillo and Moxie. A cab driver in Dallas reported driving a passenger matching his description from a hotel to the airport.

I'm going to start looking into a few things that might produce interesting posts for this thread. It's going to take a long time since there's going to be a whole bunch of research involved, probably a few FOIA requests (and holy poo poo do they take loving forever these days*), and probably just drop most of them if there's nothing conclusive, but there are definitely a bunch of questionable deaths among groups like people who questioned US nuclear weapons or energy policy and safety (there were a couple of good posts about Karen Silkwood in this thread), scientists from GEC-Marconi working on Strategic Defense Initiative in the '80s, two strings of deaths among world class infectious disease experts who would know a few things about making or defending against bioweapons, and any suggestions you might have.

There's also the one that recently got my attention, people whose deaths were attributed to the Clinton Body Count conspiracy theory that your uncle forwarded you in 1995. I think there's enough evidence to prove that at least 3 of them were people who flew too close to the sun in regard to Iran Contra and CIA drug trafficking.

* - thanks, State Department, for taking 8 months to respond to my FOIA request regarding all memos, correspondence, and references to a document with a copy of the document I asked about. I didn't think the Russians actually destroyed a secret US moon base, or that such a thing existed, but apparently there were tabloids in Soviet republics and I'm disappointed that apparently no full text still exists. Might have made for a good pulp sci-fi story.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I will say, it's really easy to get fatigues around a military town, not least of all because surplus stores are full of them and deal in cash.

My bet is think he was trying to go off the grid and hosed up; but that's just me assuming the Texas dipshit sitting at home catastrophizing of his issues and running out to start a new identity.

Basically, he thought he was going to be like Jason Bourne and instead went all Burn After Reading and now we're not going to figure out why the gently caress it happened.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Slugworth posted:

I know, the post is from forever ago, but it's Sunday morning, and I'm bored and going through threads I never read before. I also am a vet tech, and checking the schedule one morning saw this:

Which, first of all, I love the cadence of whoever scheduled it. I, taking it at face value started trying to come up with an explanation like cutaneous larva migrans or something, when one of the doctors stopped me and was like "It's a crazy person. Have you really never had one of these cases?"

I had not. They never showed up for the appointment.

I had a client with delusional parasitosis a few years ago! She would show us super grainy pictures of the "worms" and then tried to show them on her dog's skin. We basically sent her home with discharges of "we can't find anything wrong, please see any other vet, literally anyone else, about this if it gets worse".

There is a woman who calls periodically to tell us in great detail about the "amoebas" in her dog's tearducts and ears and how no one believes her but thank gently caress she's never come in.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I had a client with delusional parasitosis a few years ago! She would show us super grainy pictures of the "worms" and then tried to show them on her dog's skin. We basically sent her home with discharges of "we can't find anything wrong, please see any other vet, literally anyone else, about this if it gets worse".

e: already told the "amoebas" woman story

Also, how has no one in this thread come across this? Somebody might've found Bill Ewasko!

https://www.sfgate.com/california-parks/article/Human-remains-found-at-Joshua-Tree-16848051.php

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

empty sea posted:

Also, how has no one in this thread come across this? Somebody might've found Bill Ewasko!

https://www.sfgate.com/california-parks/article/Human-remains-found-at-Joshua-Tree-16848051.php

Wow, does anyone know where this is in relation to the routes Tom Mahood walked?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

I will say, it's really easy to get fatigues around a military town, not least of all because surplus stores are full of them and deal in cash.

My bet is think he was trying to go off the grid and hosed up; but that's just me assuming the Texas dipshit sitting at home catastrophizing of his issues and running out to start a new identity.

Basically, he thought he was going to be like Jason Bourne and instead went all Burn After Reading and now we're not going to figure out why the gently caress it happened.
You know as well as I do that Burn After Reading was pretty much a documentary.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

GWBBQ posted:

You know as well as I do that Burn After Reading was pretty much a documentary.

Having worked in Military Intelligence I can verify that this is correct.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

Rascar Capac posted:

Wow, does anyone know where this is in relation to the routes Tom Mahood walked?

Panorama Loop Trail looks a little more north and a lot west, it's further than anyone expected him to be and I don't think any one searched that far. They were searching based on his limited water supplies, and a cell tower ping that put Bill at a certain radius, and it seems he got much much further and not only that, the terrain is very very rough. Whatever happened, it doesn't match the parameters they were using to search. Most of the western search maps had Eureka Peak in their top left corner and Panorama Loop is significantly further north west than that.

https://goo.gl/maps/QsNDZhP8VyvbmWnFA

His car was at Juniper Flats, and he'd written that he wanted to see Quail Mountain. The searchers guessed he might have looked for water in Smith Water Canyon, and you can see there's no easy path to where he was found, it really doesn't gel with any of the information especially considering the heat at that time and the lack of water.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Stoca Zola posted:

Panorama Loop Trail looks a little more north and a lot west, it's further than anyone expected him to be and I don't think any one searched that far. They were searching based on his limited water supplies, and a cell tower ping that put Bill at a certain radius, and it seems he got much much further and not only that, the terrain is very very rough. Whatever happened, it doesn't match the parameters they were using to search. Most of the western search maps had Eureka Peak in their top left corner and Panorama Loop is significantly further north west than that.

https://goo.gl/maps/QsNDZhP8VyvbmWnFA

His car was at Juniper Flats, and he'd written that he wanted to see Quail Mountain. The searchers guessed he might have looked for water in Smith Water Canyon, and you can see there's no easy path to where he was found, it really doesn't gel with any of the information especially considering the heat at that time and the lack of water.

Thanks for that info. You're right that it looks like whatever happened, it wasn't really possible to second-guess what Ewasco was doing.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Rascar Capac posted:

Thanks for that info. You're right that it looks like whatever happened, it wasn't really possible to second-guess what Ewasco was doing.

It seems the hardest people to find are the ones with maps. Depending on exactly when they realized there was a problem and their view of the circumstances they might choose any destination. Then you get people striking out across rough terrain in search of X.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

Ok I have a correction to my previous post, the reports are saying Bill Ewasko was found where Bigfoot trail meets Panorama loop trail, but there is another trail due north of Quail Mountain that is just called Panorama, which directly meets Bigfoot trail, while Panorama Loop does not. It is still much farther north than expected. Quail mountain circled in pink, the junction of Bigfoot and Panorama is the green arrow, and Panorama loop, which I think might be a reporter's mistake, is shown by the blue arrow. Non-loop Panorama isn't visible on some online maps.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
A young girl starts sharing videos on TikTok. One stalker contacts her old classmates and buys her photos and personal details off of them; he then shows up at her house with a shotgun. A current classmate also sold the would-be shooter some of her personal details, and begins stalking her and showing off his shooting skills. Registered sex offenders who targeted girls her age contact her on Venmo to offer her $1000/month for her cell phone number.

But her parents — especially her ex-cop dad, who gets extremely excited about the money she’s making through sponsored deals — insist: “Her creations, her contacts, her videos became such a big part of her that to take it away would have been hard”. In fact, her parents were on board with her selling selfies to the would-be shooter. When she found out what her classmate was doing and told them there was credible threat from a guy in New England, her dad told her to ignore it.

After the dad shot and killed the guy who showed up at their front door with a shotgun, he contacted a lawyer, who ~coincidentally~ “connected the family to other lawyers who organized a business centered on Ava’s potential earnings”. And a few days later, they flew her to LA to meet with producers about being part of a reality show.

To be perfectly clear, I’m not saying any of this is the fault of a 14-year-old girl. I’m 100% concerned about her parents being willing to just fully neglect any sense of online security, or helping their kid see there’s more to life than TikTok and Instagram deals, because she makes so much money doing it.

At least Theater Parents and Dance Moms had to go out in public with their kids to destroy their healthy development and get the success they themselves hadn’t found. Now, parents can just let their kid do all the work, maybe make a cameo in a video or two, and when anyone suggests maybe they should be parents instead of talent agents they still say things like “We chose what’s best for our family. We know there are going to be two sides, and some people won’t understand.’’

A Child’s TikTok Stardom Opened Doors. Then A Gunman Arrived.

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022
Reminds me of the Daddyoffive incident, especially the part about being parents 'and not talent agents'. They were actively abusing their kids for likes though, not using their kids sexualities for profit like excop dad, who should definitely know by now the kind of weirdos who are out there and what they're capable of. But like the poster above said, money money money!!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Stoca Zola posted:

Ok I have a correction to my previous post, the reports are saying Bill Ewasko was found where Bigfoot trail meets Panorama loop trail, but there is another trail due north of Quail Mountain that is just called Panorama, which directly meets Bigfoot trail, while Panorama Loop does not. It is still much farther north than expected. Quail mountain circled in pink, the junction of Bigfoot and Panorama is the green arrow, and Panorama loop, which I think might be a reporter's mistake, is shown by the blue arrow. Non-loop Panorama isn't visible on some online maps.

hahahahahahaha whelp good to know cell tower distance stats are on point. It's not perfectly scaled because effort but still lol

e: ok better scaled

Watermelon Daiquiri has a new favorite as of 22:47 on Feb 19, 2022

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

Reminds me of the Daddyoffive incident, especially the part about being parents 'and not talent agents'. They were actively abusing their kids for likes though, not using their kids sexualities for profit like excop dad, who should definitely know by now the kind of weirdos who are out there and what they're capable of. But like the poster above said, money money money!!

It sounds like he’s banking on those weirdoes to pay his mortgage. It takes a special kind of person to slaughter an attempted rapist in front of his child and then immediately see potential to monetize those events.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

hahahahahahaha whelp good to know cell tower distance stats are on point. It's not perfectly scaled because effort but still lol

e: ok better scaled

That's amazing - I was looking for the cell tower map, I remembered seeing it but I didn't find one zoomed out far enough to show that part of the map. Thanks for posting it.

Wheats
Sep 28, 2007

strange sisters

One of the searchers whose routes were recorded on Tom's website posted a reddit comment with some more details, including how close he came to finding Ewasko on his last search. He was about 200m from where the remains ended up being found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Some fun local news

https://www.kolotv.com/2022/02/23/las-vegas-man-arrested-after-toddler-remains-found-freezer/