Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I made it to stage 3 again. Gameovered before the birds. There's no way I'm finishing this one.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

That Little Demon posted:

Congrats to Evil Eagle for the week 5 pick

Since the sequel box has been opened up by Pocky and Rocky 2, I'm gonna go with Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom for NES. It's got a challenge already built in: The US version was made harder in a lot of ways, including giving you only 5 total continues unlike the two previous games' infinite continues. The JP version also has password saves that the US version removed. So the badges can be to beat the game (any version) and beat the game (US version).

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i will be playing the japanese version

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

looking forward to playing a game that doesnt control like poo poo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
reminder: this song is sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSffwTC8_QE

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

Evil Eagle posted:

Since the sequel box has been opened up by Pocky and Rocky 2, I'm gonna go with Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom for NES. It's got a challenge already built in: The US version was made harder in a lot of ways, including giving you only 5 total continues unlike the two previous games' infinite continues. The JP version also has password saves that the US version removed. So the badges can be to beat the game (any version) and beat the game (US version).

cool, good pick. I'll do a write up tomorrow and if anyone wants to design some badges send me a PM (or else I will do it and they will suck rear end)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
neat choice

here's a pair of rom hacks that reverts 99% of the difficulty changes (quicksand is a bit different) in the us version, so you can have the jp balance/passwords/continues with the english text, should that be a thing you care for

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

i will be playing the japanese version

Same

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

yeah

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

i'm playing the japanese version instread :cool:

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

I'll be playing both due to personal problems

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

good pick this should be fun

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

good pick this should be fun

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
5th Game:

Ninja Gaiden 3: The Ancient Ship of Doom (NES) - 1991 - Deadline 2/22/22 11:59PM EST

The game is the third installment of the Ninja Gaiden trilogy, in which the events take place between the first two games in the series, Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos. The player controls Ryu Hayabusa as he is framed for the murder of Irene Lew and investigates the circumstances behind her death. He eventually discovers a plan by CIA agent Foster and another person named Clancy to utilize an interdimensional rift to create and control a race of energy-infused superhuman mutants. The game features similar gameplay to its previous two Ninja Gaiden titles and includes some new features such as the ability to hang overhead from pipes and sword power-ups.

:siren: Important Note :siren:

The American version is harder than the Japanese version, this will be reflected in the badges this week

The music, as always with NG games, is excellent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwzw_U6Hgr4&t=694s

Challenge Badges for Week 5 (I did them this week so gently caress you if you don't like them)

: Beat the Japanese Version

: Beat the American Version

Week 5 begins 2/16/22 at 12:00AM EST

Good luck gamers!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i'm probably out of the running for a couple of weeks. i keep thinking i'll at least get to try these and then getting buried. :(

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i'll play hte rom hacks kins linked and get the best of bolth worlds.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
I’m stoked for this weeks game. Never played nes ninja gaidens, but 1 and 2 black (same dev, right?) are sick and I’ve beaten both.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

I got the tude now posted:

I’m stoked for this weeks game. Never played nes ninja gaidens, but 1 and 2 black (same dev, right?) are sick and I’ve beaten both.

this is the king you are thinking of

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Itagaki on Tekken:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
:haibrower:

How come Japanese devs are capable of being badasses but western devs (not including Todd Howard and Phil Fish) are lamos.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Itagaki on Tekken:

lmoa

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Itagaki on Tekken:

Lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Itagaki on Tekken:

I like this guy's thinking

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Itagaki on Tekken:

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i wish i understood tekken

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

i wish i understood tekken

Press the button to hit your opponent.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Press the button to hit your opponent.

Oh my loving god, we have a noob everyone.

[Sits you down for a 10 hour youtube explaining FG mechanics, hit boxes, and a list of 7000 names of known pedophiles and groomers in the FGC you want to avoid]

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Itagaki on Tekken:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Oh my loving god, we have a noob everyone.

[Sits you down for a 10 hour youtube explaining FG mechanics, hit boxes, and a list of 7000 names of known pedophiles and groomers in the FGC you want to avoid]

Part 1. Frames and Names

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Part 1. Frames and Names

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Part 1. Frames and Names

trying to jack off